Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,553 members, 7,816,339 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

How Did You Come About Nl? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Did You Come About Nl? (4760 Views)

Nairaland Is Now 1.3millions Members - Share Your Experience about NL here! / How Did You Come About Your Monicker? / What Makes You Come On Nairaland And What Pisses You Off About Nl? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Come About Nl? by lily0231: 5:04pm On Nov 23, 2011
looking for job & i stumbled upon "NAIRALAND" undecided kiss cry grin
Re: How Did You Come About Nl? by sulad82i(m): 5:24pm On Nov 23, 2011
I cant even remember how I came across NL, I guess I was searching the internet or something
Re: How Did You Come About Nl? by oluwizard(m): 5:28pm On Nov 23, 2011
i̶̲̥̅ was among †ђε 1st 30 people 2 join NL from lettalkgsm    to mobilenigeria then NL. that was 2002/03 i̶̲̥̅. stop posting on this forum because of some members that don't have talking απδ  writing manner in  a̶̲̥̅ public forum (NAIRALAND). But am always around reading other people post. Because i̶̲̥̅ have gain a lot in Technology & satalite TV. Section.
Re: How Did You Come About Nl? by Yeske2(m): 5:34pm On Nov 23, 2011
Googled up a topic ended up here then got hooked.
Re: How Did You Come About Nl? by dubem3(m): 5:41pm On Nov 23, 2011
i been think say here na where dem de find work oh
e be like say na for google i been first see am
dat time na so i de register for everywhere
na so i take register oh
so every time i de come find work,
once i finish i go just waka
but small small the place don de turn me to kolomentaal
na so i go de laff laff n people no de see wetin de make me de laff.
Beaf and one ninety go talk clear bush
de go
ilike-idi and tpia go carry their own enter
de lambast anybody,person no de be their friend oh.
Alloy/emeka,ogugua88 and sexkillz na people.
I de come well well but i no de fit de comment.
All in all sha, una too gbaski
Re: How Did You Come About Nl? by Kizilala: 6:31pm On Nov 23, 2011
My brother introduced me to nairaland but unfortunately,it has been hijacked by Yoruba tribalists.
Re: How Did You Come About Nl? by kelz88(f): 6:46pm On Nov 23, 2011
Came on here a few times via google while looking for recipes, Naija song lyrics and news/goss; signed up months later as kellorah in '05. Years later I moved on to another site while I visited here on and off.

Came back on here for the same reasons as above as glamourgal in '07 for a short while. Then returned earlier this year while searching for Naija law school info.

Back finally, to stay with this ID. Considering relocating to Naija so I'm trying to familiarise myself with what's happening there, while trying to figure out what I wanna do when I go back.

NL is interesting. Only problem is the people who choose to turn every post into a fight.
Re: How Did You Come About Nl? by greedie1(f): 6:54pm On Nov 23, 2011
sometime last year, i noticed dat my sister who lives to sleep manages to be awake most nights, typin and giggling to herself, dis is someone dat cant watch a 30 min sitcom without dozing off, ofcz i was intrigued and had to knw wt d secret was nd she said NAIRALAND. Bin hooked since den, though most times im too lazy to leave a comment
Re: How Did You Come About Nl? by Connoisseur(m): 8:48pm On Nov 23, 2011
My boss (during my programming years) had Nairaland as the front page on his pc @ work. At the time, he would sit on two weeks worth of data while hanging out on Nairaland. He is my role model; so what do you expect?
Re: How Did You Come About Nl? by ARareGem(f): 9:44pm On Nov 23, 2011
It was through google. I remember some posters throwing very funny insults at each other. It caught my attention viam. I signed up some time later, and it's been mostly the Jokes Sec that attracts me. My friends are like why are you always giggling at the computer screen? I've even converted some. Me likey NL. cheesy
Re: How Did You Come About Nl? by cynthiafred67(f): 10:24pm On Nov 23, 2011
Well my friends were always talking abt naira land and I didn't give it much thought, until I watched blackberry babes and oge okoye mentioned naira land? And I was like this nairaland again? I just wanted 2 see what was so important abt it and I did. that was how I ended up here,
Re: How Did You Come About Nl? by mcnepow(m): 7:16am On Nov 24, 2011
Happened a loonnnng time ago, kant really remember but its bin NL All the way!
Re: How Did You Come About Nl? by dubem3(m): 9:54am On Nov 24, 2011
seun, abeg how did u end up with nairaland?
Re: How Did You Come About Nl? by tkovie2002(m): 10:13am On Nov 24, 2011
@Gigabyte Sometime between 2002 and 03 we discussed NL on our forum then LETSTALKGSM from there I signed up.

I thought Nairaland started in 2005, I stand to be corrected though.

Anyway, I had this friend who had a cafe, whenever I meet him at the server he was always on nairaland. I asked him what it was all about, but he never told me. So out of curiosity, I signed up, read stuffs and got addicted to the autos section. This was wayback 2006.
Re: How Did You Come About Nl? by painite: 10:16am On Nov 24, 2011
My bf wud wake up in the mornin nd reach for his fone nd I always wondered wat was so important. Till I took a peep one day nd I saw him scrolin thru NL. He'd always ask some funny questions nd I'd  always wonder where he got dem or wat was makin him ask. I decide to check wat NL was abt nd since den,its been our favourite past time.
Re: How Did You Come About Nl? by maki(f): 11:44am On Nov 24, 2011
tkovie2002:

@Gigabyte Sometime between 2002 and 03 we discussed NL on our forum then LETSTALKGSM from there I signed up.

I thought Nairaland started in 2005, I stand to be corrected though.

Anyway, I had this friend who had a cafe, whenever I meet him at the server he was always on nairaland. I asked him what it was all about, but he never told me. So out of curiosity, I signed up, read stuffs and got addicted to the autos section. This was wayback 2006.

i tot so too undecided
Re: How Did You Come About Nl? by thiscounts(m): 2:54pm On Nov 24, 2011
That was 2010 when I was searching for how to get my book published,though my books havent been yet published but I have learnt alot more than what I was searching for.Thanks to Orikinlaand and others at LS
Re: How Did You Come About Nl? by Nobody: 2:23am On Nov 25, 2011
I came about it when I was in secondary school, my friend introduced it to my, then we'd come online to search for phones then call the seller, its been fun all the way
Re: How Did You Come About Nl? by maki(f): 9:13am On Nov 25, 2011
where is admin seun

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wow! Is This Mermaid Caught On Camera? (WATCH) / 36 Brilliant Paintings That Describe Everything Wrong With The World Today / Breaking News:wayne Rooney Signs New Five-year Contract At Manchester United

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.