Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,841 members, 7,862,757 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 04:56 AM

What Is The Highest Speed You Have Driven Before - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is The Highest Speed You Have Driven Before (1622 Views)

What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? / What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? / Biker Jailed After Filming Himself Riding At Highest Speed Ever On British Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Driven Before by DonroxyII: 5:24pm On May 24
Charlieluvboy:
Lagos - Ibadan 180km/hr Nissan Altima 2004 v6
Oboy, Allah Kiyaye !
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Driven Before by Charlieluvboy(m): 6:42pm On May 24
DonroxyII:
Oboy, Allah Kiyaye !
I don't understand
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Driven Before by raphroye: 9:59am On May 26
184 km.... Lagos Ore expressway
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Driven Before by RoadMozart(m): 8:21pm On May 26
When speed was in the blood.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Driven Before by OMOKI1: 12:55pm On May 28
The higest I have done is 120km/h in my XJ , Ore Benin road . Me I dey fear to run.
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Driven Before by aicon4s: 2:24pm On May 28
lonelydora:
I was having discussions with my guys about how I did 150km/hr few days ago.

So, I decided to create this topic. Here are few speeds I have done some years back.

When you are driving a 'sound' vehicle and on a smooth expressway, the truth is, you won't even know when you are hitting hard on the accelerator especially if you are driving a heavy engine like V6 or a V8.

While I do not know the current condition of some of these roads, here are few I have done before:

1. Lokoja - Abuja - Kaduna: 160km/hr (Dis road sweet wella)

2. Kontangora (Niger) - Yauri/Jega (Kebbi): 160km/hr

3. Abuja - Keffi: 140km/hr

4. Port Harcourt - Ikot Abasi - Eket: 140km/hr

5. Benin - Ore: 145km/hr (I don't really like this road)

6. Abuja - Jos: 145km/hr

7. Enugu - Port Harcourt: 150km/hr (escaped from some bad boys. A story for another day)

Remember,

SPEED KILLS ‼️ DRIVE TO STAY ALIVE ‼️

Ijebu Ode-Samagu: 150km/h Honda Accord 2000 model (Baby boy) in 2008. My first car, testing the 'speedability, grin
Benin - Warri: 140km/h Toyota 4 Runner 2007 Model in 2021 needed to meet up with someone in Warri before he closed from work.

Now, I don't do more than 120km/h, no matter how smooth the road is.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Driven Before by Treadway: 2:41pm On May 28
Finished the speedometer patapata at 210km/h on Benin-Ore stretch, Renault Logan.

Back in the early days of my career, when I was still a Medical Representative doing a lot of traveling.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Driven Before by lonelydora: 5:28pm On May 28
aicon4s:

Ijebu Ode-Samagu: 150km/h Honda Accord 2000 model (Baby boy) in 2008. My first car, testing the 'speedability, grin
Benin - Warri: 140km/h Toyota 4 Runner 2007 Model in 2021 needed to meet up with someone in Warri before he closed from work.

Now, I don't do more than 120km/h, no matter how smooth the road is.

The bolded is me too. Family dey house grin grin
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Driven Before by lonelydora: 3:44am On May 29
Charlieluvboy:

I don't understand

He said, may God protect you. As in, safe journey.
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Driven Before by esiri4jesu(m): 9:23am On May 29
200km/h Audi from warri to Benin when the road was very good then.
160km/h Camry 2003 Asaba to Benin last year.
I love racing.
On bike l have done 160km/h Zuzuki 200 way back then..
I am looking forward to driving ferrari in Germany and make 350km/h.
On superbike 250km/h yamaha ninja.
I love speed
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Driven Before by itsmayiela(m): 1:56am On May 31
170 with VW golf 3, Warri-benin road.

That was how I discovered that golf does not go beyond 170 even though the speedometer has 220 as highest speed.
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Driven Before by Pootle: 2:12pm On May 31
kelvin1191:
I have done 160km\h on 2014 hilux and hyundai crater. 140km\h on peugeot 406. 140km\h on lexus RX300.

I Only Hit The Pedal hard when The Road Is Good And Straight, The Car Is in Good Condition, Car Handling Is Great, And My Spirit good

you be me cheesy
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Driven Before by freezyprinzy(m): 2:52pm On May 31
Maxed out the speedometer of my 2011 Camry
Did the same for my 2013 accord.
Airport road Abuja.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos State Goverment Stop Registering Of Commercial Bus ( Danfo & Okada) / Toyota Camry 2007 (spider)charging System: / At 227000 miles , i have some questions about my 2000 Camry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.