Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,997 members, 7,838,510 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Goodluck Jonathan: Progressive Ideas I Championed Were Abolished After My Exit - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan: Progressive Ideas I Championed Were Abolished After My Exit (13241 Views)

Fubara welcomes Goodluck Jonathan, To Flag-off Trans-Kalabari Road / General AI Taiwo: Son Of Late Col. Ibrahim Taiwo Who Championed Asaba Massacre / Restructuring Is Yoruba Agenda Championed By Uninformed Igbos – Tanko Yakasai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodluck Jonathan: Progressive Ideas I Championed Were Abolished After My Exit by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:44pm On May 10
Former President of Nigeria, Goodluck Jonathan, on Friday, said some of the progressive ideas he instituted during his tenure were jettisoned after his exit from office.

Jonathan who was the President from 2010 to 2015, stated this while speaking as Chairman on the occasion of the 25th anniversary celebration of Igbinedion University, Okada in Edo State.

The former president who said he ensured that women were admitted into the Nigeria Defence Academy, recalled that he faced serious challenges but had his way as the president of the country.

He said it is worth noting that women have become an integral part of the military set with some of them going ahead to become some of the best jet fighters.

He said, “I recall the challenges faced by women in the military. But as President, I directed that the Nigeria Defence Academy commence admission of women into the institution.

“However some of the ideas, which could have helped in the technological development of the country were jettisoned. “

The former President who noted challenges faced by women in various career fields, advocated that limitations against women’s progression in their chosen fields of endeavour should be eliminated.

He said, “I recall the challenges faced by women in the military. But as President, I directed that the Nigeria Defence Academy commence admission of women into the institution.

“However some of the ideas, which could have helped in the technological development of the country were jettisoned. “

The former President who noted challenges faced by women in various career fields, advocated that limitations against women’s progression in their chosen fields of endeavour should be eliminated.

He also called for the recalibration of the nation’s school curriculum to prioritize skills acquisition, and technology and de-emphasise certificates.

The ex-president explained that emphasis on skills acquisition and technology in all fields of the country’s educational system was the way to go to hasten the development of the country.

He also condemned cultism and bullying in the nation’s lower school system and called on the government at all levels to put a stop to the menace.

He thanked former Head of State, Abdulsalami Abubakar for approving the establishment of Igbinedion University, noting that if he hadn’t done that, “the establishment of the several private universities in the country would not have been possible”.

While commending the courage and vision of the Founder of Igbinedion University, Chief Gabriel Igbinedion, the Esama of Benin Kingdom, in establishing the institution, he said because the university is doing well, that gave the impetus to other entrepreneurs to establish other private universities in the country.

He thanked God for using Abubakar to bring democracy to the country.

On his part, Abubakar commended Chief Igbinedion for his foresight in establishing the university, saying “25 years ago, we gave a license to establish this University and Esama has been making progress. Esama, we congratulate you”.

He also thanked the Okada Community for their role in bringing peace to the university, adding “In the next 25 years most of us won’t be here. I wish you well in your celebration”.

Earlier, Deputy Pro-Chancellor of the university, Lucky Igbinedion, who spoke on behalf of the Pro-Chancellor, and Founder of the university said 25 years after, the noble effort of establishing the institution has paid off with the springing up of more private universities in the country.

The Vice Chancellor of the university, Prof. Lawrence Ikechukwu Ezemonye who reeled out several achievements of the institution in the past 25 years, disclosed that it has churned 60,000 graduates since inception.

https://punchng.com/progressive-ideas-i-championed-were-abolished-after-my-exit-says-jonathan/

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Progressive Ideas I Championed Were Abolished After My Exit by OgbeniOja1: 8:45pm On May 10
na man you be. don't mind this shameless ones who protested a 216 fuel price then brought us to 1k per litre

156 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Progressive Ideas I Championed Were Abolished After My Exit by Paraman: 8:46pm On May 10
Jonathan that can't boast of constructing up to 100km of road in each of the 6 geopolitical region

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Progressive Ideas I Championed Were Abolished After My Exit by Franklyspeakin: 8:47pm On May 10
senior man.

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Progressive Ideas I Championed Were Abolished After My Exit by TerrouMuda: 8:47pm On May 10
He should go and sit down.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Progressive Ideas I Championed Were Abolished After My Exit by Babalegba(m): 8:47pm On May 10
He is the fool who sold NEPA to his thieving friends,the Discos. Stupid incompetent man

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Progressive Ideas I Championed Were Abolished After My Exit by Franklyspeakin: 8:47pm On May 10
where is the fuel to drive on the road now??.
Paraman:
Jonathan that can't boast of constructing up to 100km of road in each of the 6 geopolitical region

144 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Progressive Ideas I Championed Were Abolished After My Exit by OgbeniOja1: 8:48pm On May 10
Jona kept Nigeria stable. fuel and dollar was stable. then came Sai BABA and EMILOKAN....

127 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Progressive Ideas I Championed Were Abolished After My Exit by nonhuman(m): 8:50pm On May 10
Oga go and have sit
You are a coward, you caused is this pains

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Progressive Ideas I Championed Were Abolished After My Exit by Paraman: 8:52pm On May 10
Franklyspeakin:
where is the fuel to drive on the road now??.
Except you don't have money, if you have money, you will buy fuel

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Progressive Ideas I Championed Were Abolished After My Exit by jahsharon: 8:53pm On May 10
Oloriburuku Oloshi somebody

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Progressive Ideas I Championed Were Abolished After My Exit by Ofunaofu: 8:57pm On May 10
Paraman:

"The last time Nigeria had a stable economy was during the Goodluck Jonathan regime" ----Wale Edun, current minister of finance

131 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Progressive Ideas I Championed Were Abolished After My Exit by DMerciful(m): 8:58pm On May 10
Lies

Jonathan constructed many roads
Paraman:

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Progressive Ideas I Championed Were Abolished After My Exit by Ofodirinwa: 8:59pm On May 10
OgbeniOja1:
na man you be. don't mind this shameless ones who protested a 216 fuel price then brought us to 1k per litre

LOL Tinubu was even outside marching with them that time

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Progressive Ideas I Championed Were Abolished After My Exit by yarimo(m): 9:00pm On May 10
Progressive ideas kiil you there GEJ undecided

49 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Progressive Ideas I Championed Were Abolished After My Exit by OgbeniOja1: 9:06pm On May 10
such an embarrassment.
Ofodirinwa:

LOL Tinubu was even outside marching with them that time

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Progressive Ideas I Championed Were Abolished After My Exit by MEEVEET: 9:09pm On May 10
Paraman:
For you guys government is just construction of roads that's all

No wonder our GDP nose dived from $560 billion yo $252 billion

Primitive thinking and APC are one and the same

90 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Progressive Ideas I Championed Were Abolished After My Exit by Paraman: 10:08pm On May 10
MEEVEET:

For you guys government is just construction of roads that's all

No wonder our GDP nose dived from $560 billion yo $252 billion

Primitive thinking and APC are one and the same
Nigerians were not enjoying 24/7 power supply under Jonathan

He sold electricity distribution right to incompetent companies with no track record

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Progressive Ideas I Championed Were Abolished After My Exit by SoNature(m): 10:09pm On May 10
I remember when Jonathan said he wanted to implement tech-based system that stops corruption from happening, instead of fighting it. Now that baboons are in power, they have reversed everything!

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Progressive Ideas I Championed Were Abolished After My Exit by Forkthiefnubu: 10:10pm On May 10
Paraman:
Prove this

21 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Progressive Ideas I Championed Were Abolished After My Exit by Paraman: 10:15pm On May 10
Forkthiefnubu:

Prove this
List out the roads he built in each of the six geopolitical region cause I don't know of any road he started and completed in 6 years

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Progressive Ideas I Championed Were Abolished After My Exit by MEEVEET: 10:37pm On May 10
Paraman:
Nigerians were not enjoying 24/7 power supply under Jonathan

He sold electricity distribution right to incompetent companies with no track record

What are you enjoying now

53 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Progressive Ideas I Championed Were Abolished After My Exit by Betanaija42moro: 10:39pm On May 10
APC destroyed almost everything we had in this country

49 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Progressive Ideas I Championed Were Abolished After My Exit by meum: 10:49pm On May 10
Progressive ideas were abolished by the progressives progrethieves.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Progressive Ideas I Championed Were Abolished After My Exit by Zooposki(f): 10:53pm On May 10

6 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Progressive Ideas I Championed Were Abolished After My Exit by NorthernAgender: 10:54pm On May 10
A man with unstable character spent 5 years as a president without any legacy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Progressive Ideas I Championed Were Abolished After My Exit by Mercenary123: 10:57pm On May 10
Paraman:
. Look at this fuulish boy

What direct impact has your useless APC done on people's lives since 2015 till date?

Curse be unto those who brought APC to Nigeria and deaths awaits their supporters

Do you know what Nigerians are currently passing through now? I bet you don't

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Progressive Ideas I Championed Were Abolished After My Exit by slivertongue: 10:59pm On May 10
APC is a curse

29 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Progressive Ideas I Championed Were Abolished After My Exit by Mercenary123: 11:00pm On May 10
nonhuman:
Oga go and have sit
You are a coward, you caused is this pains
. Indeed he was a coward,if he had manned up,we won't be here with APC that is currently destroying Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Progressive Ideas I Championed Were Abolished After My Exit by villagereporter(m): 11:22pm On May 10
The ghost of 2015 is still haunting Nigeria, my dearest.

32 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Progressive Ideas I Championed Were Abolished After My Exit by Beautifulday: 11:25pm On May 10
Paraman:

stop talking rubbish. you dey behind your phone dey type rubbish.

Jonathan has the highest road constructed than any other nigerian president.

make una dey travel.

Wetin you think sureP money was used for.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Progressive Ideas I Championed Were Abolished After My Exit by Beautifulday: 11:27pm On May 10
DMerciful:
Lies

Jonathan constructed many roads

Leave the keypad warrior wet never pass the boundary of his local government before.

34 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rochas Okorocha Denies Joining PDP, Says I’m Still In APC / Jega Offers To Resign, Jonathan Rejects; Resignation Amounts To Treason – Agf / Dasukigate Funds Traced To Abati, Okupe, Fadile, And Gula

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.