Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,726 members, 7,837,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

I Can't Imagine The Pain Of My Mother - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Can't Imagine The Pain Of My Mother (1510 Views)

Rock Python In My WC! Can You Imagine What My Wife Did To Me? / What My Mother Said That Made Me Hate Women Even More / My Mother Is Seeing Other Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can't Imagine The Pain Of My Mother by GREATPIN77: 7:04am On May 11
Good day all,

My parents had 4 children, 3 boys and a girl. I have an elder brother who happened to be the first child/son. My elder sister is the second child and only daughter. I'm the third while i have a younger brother. My dad is no more. He died 2018 through illness.

My elder brother was working in an industry and also running part-time program. I observed my elder brother behaviour and i informed my dad. He promised he'd talk to him. I've called him myself several times and talk to him but he would claim he has no skeleton in his cupboard. He wouldn't just listen. My brother left the house to get his own apartment outside. He do come home with his friends so i was opportune to know some of them. My mum also called him one fateful day and told him her spirit doesn't welcome his friends. She asked him to end the friendship and he promised to do so. January 2014 my brother's fiancee came to inform us that he has been arrested by the police and some of his household items was carted away by police officers. He was taken to the federal SARS at ikeja. My father went there with his friend. When he arrived home, he informed us that my brother was into robbery. Him and his friends worked in the same industry and they are into stealing the company's goods selling at giveaway price.

I wasn't surprised when my dad broke the news. Interesting part of it was that as at 2013, he has stopped robbing the company with his friends due to tight security measures put in place so they all feel relaxed thinking all what they've done is hidden not knowing investigations was ongoing. They're 8 in numbers that was arrested, his fiancee put to bed May 2014. She was already pregnant for him before his arrest. I learnt the company later let go of the case and asked the police to free them. Unfortunately, bail isn't free in Nigeria. The police asked them to pay one million naira each before they can be free. I learnt 5 of his friends were able to raise the money probably through family and friends and they got their freedom. My brother and two of his close friends were still there. We tried all we could and raised #300,000 but he wasn't released. I finished my secondary/high school 2014 and was working to support myself and family.

2016, my dad got a connection of people that wants to buy 100 acres of land. He has a friend who's a surveyor and my dad would get 18 million naira commission according to him. This was the only hope of getting my brother and his two of his friends out of police custody. The people bought the land truly and made 50% deposit. My dad was supposed to get 9 million naira but the omonile/land owner ranaway with the money. The people that bought the land arrested my dad and his friend thinking they were involved and also with the fact that it was my dad that introduced and his friend that introduced them to the omonile/land owner. After investigation, my dad and his friends were released while the man that elope with the money was arrested and put behind bar.

I observed after the incident, my dad had been falling ill on different occasions. We last stopped seeing my brother at the police custody September 2016. My dad died 2018, my elder sister died march 2020, my brother fiancee father died 2021 while my brother fiancee herself died last year. Her family pressured her to remarry claiming she's still a young lady who had just a child. She told my mum and my mum advised her to follow her mind. If she wish to remarry then she wish her all the best. She died same year she remarried. I learnt she even talked to her daughter on phone through my mum before she gave up the ghost. She had a girl child for my brother and she'd be 10 this month. Unfortunately, her mother told her who her father was which is my brother. She always shows her his picture on phone. She knows her father's name but she hasn't seen him before. She doesn't know her mother is late now. We lied to her that she travelled abroad and she's the one that can call us since we don't have her number. Her maternal grandmother also died early this year.

The little girl always cry that she wants to see her mother and father. Even my mum will be crying in her presence and I've tried talking to her to stop it but she wouldn't. She cry almost everyday. She always talked about her son my brother. She honestly wish to see him. Sincerely I can't even say if he's alive or not. Even myself do cry sometimes behind close door. I wish my brother can get his freedom. I understand he was guilty of the crime committed which i wasn't in support. I felt he must have learnt his lesson and i also feel for his little child. The girl will be 10 soon and she hasn't set her eyes on her father. She will also not see her mother again.

I don't know what to do

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Can't Imagine The Pain Of My Mother by Hedgefunds: 7:49am On May 11
GREATPIN77:
Good day all,

You want me to tell you about human right lawyers ?

You don't know about them...

You want us to tell you to visit him and know the current situation .

No where in Nigeria will bail be 1M as far back as 2014 ...Go and do your findings.

What do you want us to do now.

sell any of your dad asset or you sell any asset on your name and pay the company off so he can regain his freedom.

If you are sure the company is no longer interested in the case. Go to the company .ask them to right a letter to that effect and hire a lawyer to follow up..

with less than 100k am sure this will be done.

4 Likes

Re: I Can't Imagine The Pain Of My Mother by nifemi25(m): 8:03am On May 11
As at 2014 you were asked to pay 1 million for the release of your brother...it's just as if you were asked to pay 10 million naira as at 2024 now...... Why don't you go the prison to confirm if your brother is still alive then you can contact some human right activist... I can assure you that you won't spend much before your brother will be released....

8 Likes

Re: I Can't Imagine The Pain Of My Mother by Villa12(m): 8:10am On May 11
Hedgefunds:

No where in Nigeria will bail be 1M as far back as 2014 ...Go and do your findings.

sell any of your dad asset or you sell any asset on your name and pay the company off so he can regain his freedom.

If you are sure the company is no longer interested in the case. Go to the company .ask them to right a letter to that effect and hire a lawyer to follow up..

Nigeria police force are capable of ANYTHING. My neighbour was picked on the road without committing any crime and he paid 15k the following day before he was allowed to leave. Op situation is a different thing entirely. A robbery case and some of the victims has paid to free themselves. So many inmates are in the correctional centres for crime they know nothing curtsey of Nigeria police. I hope you know if you're being raid innocently and you have no money nor family to bail you, you can end up in PRISON? That is Nigeria police for you. Coming out to outrightly say police can never demand for 1m in 2014 is not only wrong but ignorance. This is federal sars according to op not your usual local police but special anti-robbery squad.

Pray you don't fall victim of these guys on black

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Can't Imagine The Pain Of My Mother by Bongadu: 9:11am On May 11
Have you tried taking pregablin ??
Re: I Can't Imagine The Pain Of My Mother by WantsandMore: 10:10am On May 11
About time the little girl knows the truth. It'll hurt, It'll be tough but better than peddling lies...

4 Likes

Re: I Can't Imagine The Pain Of My Mother by VTJN(m): 10:45am On May 11
WantsandMore:
About time the little girl knows the truth. It'll hurt, It'll be tough but better than peddling lies...
did you just say that? Like they should tell the poor girl? You want her to die or fall seriously ill? Someone haven't seen her father in her life and subsequently lost her mother. The only thing you could come up is to inform the poor girl. You don't have conscience.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can't Imagine The Pain Of My Mother by Foodqueen(f): 10:46am On May 11
10 years is such a long time to not see your love one in prison.

Pray he's still there, that's if he's still alive.

This is really saddening.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can't Imagine The Pain Of My Mother by VTJN(m): 10:50am On May 11
Hedgefunds:

you're too confrontational. Nigeria police is capable of it so stop defending what is known to everyone. Nigeria police can kill you when you've done nothing. It is a known fact.

Less than 100k will solve it, did you have the 100k to give op?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Can't Imagine The Pain Of My Mother by VTJN(m): 10:53am On May 11
Foodqueen:
10 years is such a long time to not see your love one in prison.

Pray he's still there, that's if he's still alive.

This is really saddening.
indeed

So many misfortune has befallen the family within that 10 years period.

Life is truly a battle ground.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Imagine The Pain Of My Mother by WantsandMore: 11:50am On May 11
VTJN:
did you just say that? Like they should tell the poor girl? You want her to die or fall seriously ill? Someone haven't seen her father in her life and subsequently lost her mother. The only thing you could come up is to inform the poor girl. You don't have conscience.
Really? You rather the poor grand ma keeps crying whenever the poor little girl ask? You really think the truth which is suppose to set them free will make her fall sick and eventually die? Like what planet lie did you come from?

4 Likes

Re: I Can't Imagine The Pain Of My Mother by Hedgefunds: 12:21pm On May 11
VTJN:
you're too confrontational. Nigeria police is capable of it so stop defending what is known to everyone. Nigeria police can kill you when you've done nothing. It is a known fact.

Less than 100k will solve it, did you have the 100k to give op?

You mean I should give 100k to a man who has not visited his brother in jail for over 10yrs .

100k is little ..that not even up to monthly feeding for my wife and kids not to talk of schl fees. I wount give it to someone who has showed no commitment to helping his brother in 10yrs.
Re: I Can't Imagine The Pain Of My Mother by Hedgefunds: 12:23pm On May 11
WantsandMore:
Really? You rather the poor grand ma keeps crying whenever the poor little girl ask? You really think the truth which is suppose to set them free will make her fall sick and eventually die? Like what planet lie did you come from?

You have not giving a single advice. Rather you find fault in whatever advice that is been shared here...Why not come up with a solution for the young man....instead of making tantrum Abt other opinions.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Imagine The Pain Of My Mother by VTJN(m): 12:44pm On May 11
Hedgefunds:

You mean I should give 100k to a man who has not visited his brother in jail for over 10yrs .

100k is little ..that not even up to monthly feeding for my wife and kids not to talk of schl fees. I wount give it to someone who has showed no commitment to helping his brother in 10yrs.
if you're not someone who go after looking for faults or pointing accusing fingers then you will know op has done a lot. From his post he called his elder brother not even younger o. He called several times talking to him to change his ways. He also informed his parents to talk to him. Please tell me what else do you expect him do? He was still in secondary school according to op which means op was a little boy then. He was working supporting himself and family. His father is late. Obviously op is from a poor home if not the father would have gotten his son out before he died. Op might be the one supporting the family. Do you know what op is going through? Do you know what his family is going through? Someone who can go out of his way looking after his elder brother which ordinary supposed to be the other way round. Going as far as reporting him to their parents. Is that same person you're indirectly finding fault and pointing accusing fingers to? Like he doesn't care, love or show concern for his elder brother?

Maybe you should go back read his post again. This time around read to understand and not to find faults.

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Can't Imagine The Pain Of My Mother by UnfairLife7(m): 1:02pm On May 11
Hedgefunds:

You have not giving a single advice. Rather you find fault in whatever advice that is been shared here...Why not come up with a solution for the young man....instead of making tantrum Abt other opinions.
even you yourself never give any advice. You are just blabbing up and down. Your family 5 years feeding allowances is what people spend a day on a seat. Make you relax.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can't Imagine The Pain Of My Mother by WantsandMore: 1:19pm On May 11
Hedgefunds:

Wow! Did you skip when I said the little girl needs to be told the truth? If she's told the truth her healing process can start immediately, with enough attention and care she'll be greatful for that. There's really no point hiding the truth 😕

3 Likes

Re: I Can't Imagine The Pain Of My Mother by GREATPIN77: 1:37pm On May 11
Hedgefunds:

My late father doesn't have properties. The only house he built is in the village. It's more like a family house even when he was alive. That was where he buried his parents while some family members live there. That was the amount they demanded before they can release him then. We do spend money just to visit him. Almost all of the police officers on duty will demand money from us. Ever since i lost my father things has not been easy for me and my family. Although when he was alive he wasn't really doing much but his presence means alot to us. I was the only one fairing for the family. Because of family responsibility i got admission twice but couldn't meet up due to finance.

I later struggled to see myself through school and at the same time supporting the house. It was so ifficult for me checking up on him because things were so hard on us. I later sent an officer that someone linked me with to help me check him and he said him and his friends are no longer there. He said I'd have to pay for him and his colleague to help me know where exactly he is. My family struggle to feed daily. You can never understand the pain we're going through.

I wish to see my brother alive. I want to see him. I want him to see his little daughter. I want him to see his mother alive.

I want him to understand that we didn't abandon him.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Can't Imagine The Pain Of My Mother by LilMissFavvy(f): 1:42pm On May 11
Hmm, a family of misfortune and death. The whole situation is very traumatising for the child and your mother. Go and make findings on where your brother is, I believe he's still alive, then take his daughter there to visit him. His daughter can be taken there to visit him 2 times each year, it will save everyone of her tears and the stress she's putting on her grandma. Your family needs serious prayers because I am here wondering who will die next. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can't Imagine The Pain Of My Mother by GREATPIN77: 1:46pm On May 11
WantsandMore:
we can't try that. She really love her mother. I can't afford to lose her. She will later know i understand but not now. It's too early.
Re: I Can't Imagine The Pain Of My Mother by WantsandMore: 1:49pm On May 11
GREATPIN77:
we can't try that. She really love her mother. I can't afford to lose her. She will later know i understand but not now. It's too early.
understood. You know what's best. But the ealier the better.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Imagine The Pain Of My Mother by Villa12(m): 2:16pm On May 11
WantsandMore:
Wow! Did you skip when I said the little girl needs to be told the truth? If she's told the truth her healing process can start immediately, with enough attention and care she'll be greatful for that. There's really no point hiding the truth 😕
oga which truth are you looking for up and down? That girl is still a little child. Do you want the family to mourn over her like others? Did you know there are things you don't share or tell anyone? You take it to the grave

1 Like

Re: I Can't Imagine The Pain Of My Mother by WantsandMore: 2:31pm On May 11
Villa12:
oga which truth are you looking for up and down? That girl is still a little child. Do you want the family to mourn over her like others? Did you know there are things you don't share or tell anyone? You take it to the grave
That poor girl will only grow up traumatized.
Re: I Can't Imagine The Pain Of My Mother by Villa12(m): 2:35pm On May 11
WantsandMore:
That poor girl will only grow up traumatized.
how please? When they show her love and care. If God help them with money to train her and when she's grown they will tell her the situation on ground. They will let her know she's still small then and they don't want anything to happen to her that's why they had to wait till when she's grown.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Imagine The Pain Of My Mother by Villa12(m): 3:06pm On May 11
LilMissFavvy:
Hmm, a family of misfortune and death. The whole situation is very traumatising for the child and your mother. Go and make findings on where your brother is, I believe he's still alive, then take his daughter there to visit him. His daughter can be taken there to visit him 2 times each year, it will save everyone of her tears and the stress she's putting on her grandma. Your family needs serious prayers because I am here wondering who will die next. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
I really feel for the little child and op mother. This is a sad situation for the family.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Imagine The Pain Of My Mother by AcadaWriter: 3:19pm On May 11
gots you tried taking pregablin ?? ... Hmm, need help with your academic papers? Contact us.
Re: I Can't Imagine The Pain Of My Mother by ChybuzzDD(m): 3:29pm On May 11
GREATPIN77:
. I later sent an officer that someone linked me with to help me check him and he said him and his friends are no longer there. He said I'd have to pay for him and his colleague to help me know where exactly he is.

Let's just hope the guy is still alive

I don't trust those SARS bastards

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can't Imagine The Pain Of My Mother by youngreva(m): 4:04pm On May 11
WantsandMore:

Out of everything it’s this rubbish you have to say
Can the little girl comprehend the truth? At this delicate age? You must be a bastard nonentity for this comment

God punish your mother

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Can't Imagine The Pain Of My Mother by Villa12(m): 4:15pm On May 11
youngreva:

Can the little girl comprehend the truth? At this delicate age? You must be a bastard nonentity for this comment

God punish your mother
seriously some of these people are just heartless. I do imagine if blood truly flow through their vein. Imagine the condition the family is. You're still looking for means to end the family existence completely. Telling a little girl that hasn't set eyes on his father that her mother is dead. Like how some people reason baffles me seriously

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Can't Imagine The Pain Of My Mother by ggoldmine: 4:22pm On May 11
GREATPIN77:
Good day all,

It's best to drop more details about the SARS command responsible. Someone here could help. Have you tried to visit there recently? Is your brother still alive? Someone suggested meeting with a Human rights organisation... that's a good start.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Can't Imagine The Pain Of My Mother by WantsandMore: 4:22pm On May 11
youngreva:

God punish your mother
wow. I can only imagine the lie you're living right now! The Truth shall set you. I understand why they Crucified Jesus now
Re: I Can't Imagine The Pain Of My Mother by Aaaaarghmed(m): 4:22pm On May 11
Na wa o.this story is very saddening.chai.hmmnnn.i dont even know what to say again.i weak

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Can't Imagine The Pain Of My Mother by descarado: 4:39pm On May 11
LilMissFavvy:
It's traumatising for him more.
For his little girl, it's less traumatising if his mother is taking good care of her. Its more on the mum and worst on the guy.

Try and contact belekete family Abuja @ op. They will help you air it or show you the right root and connection.
Goodluck and continue holding it together for your family.
You be good man. You will be favoured immensely cos its not your obligation.

6 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Don't Kids Of Today Fly Kites? / Bundles Of Joy Day Care In Abuja / Party Crashers..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.