Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,831 members, 7,841,179 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

UN General Assembly Backs Palestinian Bid For Full Membership - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / UN General Assembly Backs Palestinian Bid For Full Membership (11694 Views)

U.S Vetoes Palestinian Bid For Recognition As Full U.N Member State / UN General Assembly Rebukes US Embargo On Cuba / Taliban Requests To Address UN General Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UN General Assembly Backs Palestinian Bid For Full Membership by Krismas(m): 9:23pm On May 11
tctrills:

And you don't believe it because?
Yes the Romans taxed people but not every where contributed the same tax. If there were only 40k people you don't expect them to tax more.
Over a thousand years, in 1267 under ottoman rule, the population of the area was just 340,000. This was even after Jerusalem because a holy land to Islam so keep fighting history. Again you are being a bit foolish here. Your point seems to be that if the population reduces, the Romans would give up the territory because the taxes were small. I don't know how that makes sense even to you.
grin People also ask
What was the population of Palestine in Roman times?
This is a subject which has certainly not been neglected by scholars. Recently, Byatt (1973) collected 18 estimates of the population of Palestine during the Ist century A.D. They range from 6,000,000 (Conder) or more than 5,000,000 Jews (Juster), down to less than a million of which less than half were Jews (McCown).
there were 30legions of roman army in palestine alone. with each legion, consisting of 6,000 soldiers. not to talk of numerous roman politicians and bureaucrats. u telling me, the funding for all of that will come from 40k people?
Re: UN General Assembly Backs Palestinian Bid For Full Membership by tctrills: 9:29pm On May 11
Krismas:
grin People also ask
What was the population of Palestine in Roman times?
This is a subject which has certainly not been neglected by scholars. Recently, Byatt (1973) collected 18 estimates of the population of Palestine during the Ist century A.D. They range from 6,000,000 (Conder) or more than 5,000,000 Jews (Juster), down to less than a million of which less than half were Jews (McCown).
there were 30legions of roman army in palestine alone. with each legion, consisting of 6,000 soldiers. not to talk of numerous roman politicians and bureaucrats. u telling me, the funding for all of that will come from 40k people?
First, what you wrote did not mention the year. How many soldiers remained after the Jewish exodus.
Again, it would not have been an issue if the Romans maintained the army in Israel with funds from other areas. Every government does that.
Re: UN General Assembly Backs Palestinian Bid For Full Membership by Krismas(m): 9:33pm On May 11
grin Virtual Portal" between Dublin and New York City was opened a few days ago.

The Irish are mocking the Americans with pictures of 9/11.

I assume that this is because of the "dancing Israelis" case, which proved that the terrorist attack was carried out by the Mossad in order to drag the USA into the wars in the Middle East, starting with Iraq, so that today the USA is totally controlled from Israel.
Re: UN General Assembly Backs Palestinian Bid For Full Membership by Krismas(m): 9:36pm On May 11
tctrills:

First, what you wrote did not mention the year. How many soldiers remained after the Jewish exodus.
Again, it would not have been an issue if the Romans maintained the army in Israel with funds from other areas. Every government does that.
grin jewish exodus is a hoax
it neither happened nor can it be proved.
thanks for the debate. i will not reply u again. bye
Re: UN General Assembly Backs Palestinian Bid For Full Membership by Obaranje: 9:39pm On May 11
Krismas:
grin BREAKING: Eurovision winner Loreen says she will refuse to hand over the trophy to Israel’s Eden Golan if she wins tonight, breaking protocol due to Israel’s genocide in Gaza.

The organizers have totally turned this circus into a political circus, where they no longer hide that they are setting up Israel to win, in order to justify the slaughter of over 13,000 children in Gaza.
you be anywhere belly face no direction.

Breaking news: baba iyabo said he will cry for 30hrs to show support for Palestine

Brother how that one take concern the discussion wey dey on ground, of 143 nations wey vote to support Palestine to become a full member of UN

We still dey on top that matter my guy comes again

Breaking news: netayahu could not piss because his penis said he likes Palestiner girls, therefore he will not release liquid until until the genocidals leave Gaza.

This no the type of person wey we dey follow dey Converse since

Bitterness for Israel no gree the guy get real sense of reasoning, so so wishful thinking and delusions full him brain

Lolzzz
Re: UN General Assembly Backs Palestinian Bid For Full Membership by Empiree: 9:41pm On May 11
tctrills:

You are right, Israel is not into video production. They prefer to fight wars. Your entire sorrow is about Israel's inability to produce war films. I guess war films are so important to you.
Guy, wake up from your slumber. The resistance produces their video footage on the go and this obviously disproves all your lies about using human shields.

Start watching ELECTRONIC INTIFADAH for real battles, not the BBC CNN and other mainstream media rubbish. Isræl is on a loss mission.

Re: UN General Assembly Backs Palestinian Bid For Full Membership by Empiree: 9:43pm On May 11
Krismas:
grin What a bad day for zionist terrorists.

First wasp ambush in Rafah, then 4 kebabs in central Gaza and now Iron dome malfunctioning and hitting a playground after missiles launched from Gaza towards Be’er Sheba for the first time in 4 months.

Satanyahu this is a sign, give up.
exactly. These mumu on NL don't know anything. They are just emotionally attached to rogue genocide state for religious reason.

1 Like

Re: UN General Assembly Backs Palestinian Bid For Full Membership by Gandrova: 9:45pm On May 11
ThiefnubuBandit:
They are wasting their time. On the mandate of the Israeli Government we stand!!!
And you are Clamouring for Biafra ! Dey play dey play grin

1 Like

Re: UN General Assembly Backs Palestinian Bid For Full Membership by Empiree: 9:47pm On May 11
Krismas:
grin i think u did not understand me very well. israel does produce videos of combat. but no hamas in those vids. they just show themselves runing around, busting doors, blowing up buildings, terrorizing civilians, etc. there is never hamas in their vids. they are not in gaza to fight hamas. they cant show u how many hamas they have killed. israel is a fraud
Exactly. They only go about violence destruction of civilian infrastructure and killing innocent people.

IDF soldier was interviewed randomly and he said there is no civilians in Gaza. Which means everybody including children are too be killed

1 Like

Re: UN General Assembly Backs Palestinian Bid For Full Membership by Empiree: 9:49pm On May 11
tctrills:

So your point is that they don't produce the kind of videos you love. I now understand you point
guy, if you and IDF are truthful, they should produce video of resistance using civilians as "human shields". They have not produced one in 7 months but I am not surprised because this is what they have been saying for decades anytime fight broke out.

Isræl is a state terrorist

Re: UN General Assembly Backs Palestinian Bid For Full Membership by Empiree: 9:58pm On May 11
cheesy grin and they claim they destroyed Palestinian resistance but they actually shot down themselves LoL

Re: UN General Assembly Backs Palestinian Bid For Full Membership by tctrills: 10:01pm On May 11
Empiree:
guy, if you and IDF are truthful, they should produce video of resistance using civilians as "human shields". They have not produced one in 7 months but I am not surprised because this is what they have been saying for decades anytime fight broke out.

Oga this is war not a movie. Believe what you want biko
Re: UN General Assembly Backs Palestinian Bid For Full Membership by tctrills: 10:02pm On May 11
Empiree:
Guy, wake up from your slumber. The resistance produces their video footage on the go and this obviously disproves all your lies about using human shields.

Start watching ELECTRONIC INTIFADAH for real battles, not the BBC CNN and other mainstream media rubbish. Isræl is on a loss mission.
Please list the lies you have disproved with your videos?
Re: UN General Assembly Backs Palestinian Bid For Full Membership by tctrills: 10:04pm On May 11
Krismas:
grin jewish exodus is a hoax
it neither happened nor can it be proved.
thanks for the debate. i will not reply u again. bye
Because one Krismas on Nairaland said it never happened the whole world should rewrite history. You Hamas guys I don't know how you think. Do you boys think you own the world. You feel you have the power to declare what did or did not happen just because
Re: UN General Assembly Backs Palestinian Bid For Full Membership by Obaranje: 10:09pm On May 11
Empiree:

so all the tunnels inside hospitals and play ground are not enough evidence? Those places are military baracks abi?

Have you ever seen a hamas fighter on a complete military cammon?

They are always dressed in shirt and trousers with slippers, if they are killed hamas run Media addresses them as civilians

For the video footage, ipob go out of their hideout to attack police check point and stations, I believe you will also ask where is the forest they said ipob is leaving in those video footage since all you can see is only dead police men and their vans in the express road

Why hamas continue to fight in civilians plain clothes, Israel will continue to decimate them along with the civilians

No time for the emotional mind games again. Israel is all out for them this time no cease fire they should keep the hostages to themselves that's if you understand netayahu body language until Israel is done with them

This war, e go tayyyyyyyyy before e go end. Get ready for a longggggggg cry
Re: UN General Assembly Backs Palestinian Bid For Full Membership by Empiree: 10:32pm On May 11
Obaranje:
so all the tunnels inside hospitals and play ground are not enough evidence? Those places are military baracks abi?

Have you ever seen a hamas fighter on a complete military cammon?

They are always dressed in shirt and trousers with slippers, if they are killed hamas run Media addresses them as civilians

For the video footage, ipob go out of their hideout to attack police check point and stations, I believe you will also ask where is the forest they said ipob is leaving in those video footage since all you can see is only dead police men and their vans in the express road

Why hamas continue to fight in civilians plain clothes, Israel will continue to decimate them along with the civilians

No time for the emotional mind games again. Israel is all out for them this time no cease fire they should keep the hostages to themselves that's if you understand netayahu body language until Israel is done with them

This war, e go tayyyyyyyyy before e go end. Get ready for a longggggggg cry

This is probably the last time I will respond to you because I don't like people that think from their anus. Only black and white evangelical Christians believe rubbish. The whole world doesn't.

Re: UN General Assembly Backs Palestinian Bid For Full Membership by Ubanz: 11:22pm On May 11
UN should be ashamed of their hypocrisy.
Every year we hear such stories?

1 Like

Re: UN General Assembly Backs Palestinian Bid For Full Membership by ScarletBrace(m): 12:01am On May 12
Homiesjinxbank:
Let me first quote your nonsense (Russia never applied to be part of NATO but had requested earlier to join in 1954 but was turned down) please explain the term Russia never requested to join but applied to join. Because I believe the objective there was to join NATO at the end.

2. Why was NATO formed? It was Formed because of USSR, right? Now ask yourself is there still USSR? No! Why is NATO still active and enticing former USSR states?

3. When the US couldn't send weapons due to the blockage by the Republican Party? Did you read it anywhere that Lithuania, Slovakia, Poland Sweden, Finland etc donated anything but after they approved the $96billions packages the other EU countries started yelling they're sending this that... Since the USSR has dissolved, I see no reason for NATO if it's not to bully. Simple stuff do not expand Eastwards...

I will quote you again (Hitler and Stalin were dictators with territorial ambitions to grab lands and extend their borders)

kindly remind me the nationality of Hitler, Germany or Russia?

If Stalin annexed eastern Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and parts of Romania, where was NATO when he was doing what he did? And is Stalin still grabbing land?

I'll tell you what's up, the West is trying to Split Russia into smaller countries to control her resources.

Read up what I wrote again . Stop being stupid.
Re: UN General Assembly Backs Palestinian Bid For Full Membership by Babinski: 2:04am On May 12
id4sho:

"recommends that the Security Council reconsider the matter favorably."

US abstained

Dead on arrival, eyyah tongue

US didn't abstain. US voted against it. That is clear indication that the recommendation is dead on arrival.

People sometimes act as if their memory is not working. Was it not the same UN in 1947 that proposed a 2 State Solution with Jerusalem being neutral? While Israel accepted the solution, the Palestinian Arabs chose to not only reject it but went to war in an attempt to annihilate the Israel nation. Unfortunately for them, they lost and rather than lick their wounds in peace, he resortes to terrorism.

Almost every aggression of Palestinian Arabs since then has led to loss of lives and land for them, till they have become boxed into Gaza and West Bank. Rather than learn lessons from their actions and history, they have continued to intensify their hatred for Israel and their terrorism actions while using the media and fabricated statistics to whip of public sentiments and sympathy as alternative routes to achieving their objectives against the Israeli nation. They fire rockets from schools, playgrounds and hospitals and hide behind human shields made up of children and women, knowing fully well that return fire from Israel would affect these vulnerable people. Yet they do not mind because it is in order to sacrifice their children, women and civilians to curry international sympathy while the masterminds of terror live in luxury in Qatar.

The same lives of their children and women that is not valued by them, they want the world to place value on it and weep over children that they willingly put forward as human shields to receive bullets and shrapnel for the folly of Hamas. And surprisingly they get some sympathy because some cannot sift the facts from emotional trash thrown out through the media.

1 Like

Re: UN General Assembly Backs Palestinian Bid For Full Membership by Empiree: 3:02am On May 12
Babinski:

US didn't abstain. US voted against it. That is clear indication that the recommendation is dead on arrival.

People sometimes act as if their memory is not working. Was it not the same UN in 1947 that proposed a 2 State Solution with Jerusalem being neutral? While Israel accepted the solution, the Palestinian Arabs chose to not only reject it but went to war in an attempt to annihilate the Israel nation. Unfortunately for them, they lost and rather than lick their wounds in peace, he resortes to terrorism.

who gave the UN the right to divide the land of indigenous people and gave it to Europeans?
Re: UN General Assembly Backs Palestinian Bid For Full Membership by Empiree: 3:03am On May 12
Israel has done it again

Re: UN General Assembly Backs Palestinian Bid For Full Membership by Empiree: 3:39am On May 12
Israel is simply interested in ethnic cleansing

Re: UN General Assembly Backs Palestinian Bid For Full Membership by Obaranje: 8:59am On May 12
Empiree:

see as sense far from you, so you think sey the human shield wey them dey talk na to hold some body like shield for hand dey fight?

Shooting rocket from civilians population area, building military command center around schools and hospitals, mosque and children play ground

Digging tunnels under civilians building which over the time Israel has shown videos of this cases.

But because you dey find were dey hold person for hand as shield you no fit understand those videos.
Re: UN General Assembly Backs Palestinian Bid For Full Membership by Obaranje: 9:17am On May 12
Empiree:
This is probably the last time I will respond to you because I don't like people that think from their anus. Only black and white evangelical Christians believe rubbish. The whole world doesn't.
hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha,because you do copy and paste from Wikipedia you feel you now reason from your big nose

Israel don't release sensitive information about their military operations in all there wars make your findings, even their officer's in the battle field their faces are blurred in their video you can see their face.

Over the time Israel has provided videos of Hamas using civilian centers to launch attack

YouTube can be your friend on that I no get time for copy and paste mumu wey you and krismas dey mumu una self dey copy and paste up and down for here, thinking that makes you sound smart and intelligent

But rather you are just being naive and insecure that's why you both keep disturbing Wikipedia with copy and paste even my 12yr old girl can do better than both of you on that

I don't expect you to quote me again because you both are far from reality

Go ask your fellow Hamas supporter them no born am well make e quote me again

I don open all him lies finish for nairaland
Re: UN General Assembly Backs Palestinian Bid For Full Membership by Nyahabingi: 2:24pm On May 12
God1000:
This is unprecedented, Israel has been dealt another blow.

Israel is becoming a pariah state and the same time making more countries to support Palestinian cause

Pls sir/ma what actually is d Palestinian cause..?
Re: UN General Assembly Backs Palestinian Bid For Full Membership by Empiree: 3:27pm On May 12
While some phyco Nigerians are supporting genocide in Gaza, am American Muslim student got STANDING OVATION for resisting genocide

Congratulations Asna Tabassum

While young Americans and American students are anti-genocide, young Nigerians are pro- genocide in the name of supporting "God chosen people".

See the difference between civilized people and religious crazy people

Re: UN General Assembly Backs Palestinian Bid For Full Membership by Friend22(m): 3:43pm On May 12
tctrills:

Oga stop swearing. You Hamas bros are all the same, always aggressive.

Now let's answer all your questions

Do you think it is right to kill innocent women and children because Hamas captured some hostages?
It's wrong to kill innocent people no matter the reason but the death of innocent people in war is inevitable.
I would love you to mention the war that was fought in an urban area without the death of the innocent. It's painful but can't be prevented.

It's the ratio of killing by amount commensurate with that of Israel?
This is a foolish question. The goal in every war fought since the creation has never been commensurate killing rather to overcome your enemy.
No army in the world hopes for commensurate killing, so let's count this one as an unintelligent question.

Do we kill people who know nothing about an action simply because they share the same territory with us?

This is basically the same question as the first. You are in other words asking if it is right to kill the innocent.
But then let me answer it a bit differently. If everyone goes by your school of thought, then we are only encouraging terrorism. Terrorists world wide would know that so long as they hide behind innocent women and children, they are free to commit any atrocity.
Sometimes we have to take hard decisions to eliminate evil and make this world a better place.

You remember the Okuoma killings of soldiers in Delta State?
Would it be justified to kill just anybody that reside there simply because some of their sons killed soldiers?

Good question. First, the Nigerian army has a duty to protect the people of Okuama because they are Nigerians. Hamas owes the people of Gaza the same responsibility because they are the government of Gaza. If it were your citizens, I understand applying more caution.
But then, I see the IDF are applying great caution.
In the Afghan war, the ratio of civilian to military deaths was 9:1. Israel has by far, the lowest ratio of civilian deaths in any urban war modern history. Please verify if you don't believe.
Please ask more questions. This is much better than mentioning who is on your side. Let's face the issues.
It's clear that you are growing.

You think you are talking to one brain dead Vegetable reeling out lies as of you were swallowing spit.

How come most of the neutral people in this world are calling for a stoppage to the genocide going on in Gaza and Palestine?

Sometimes I wonder if you guys are even a bit objective as you sound.
I asked a simple question,is the killing of innocent people loosing lands and property commensurate.
I can swear most of you commenting on this issue only became aware of this after Oct 7 attack.
They've killed no less the 25,000 people in Palestine and majority of them being children.
To show heartless Israel is they killed some UN health workers last month that they had to admit that it was a "military error' you can see how shameless you can all be!
Re: UN General Assembly Backs Palestinian Bid For Full Membership by Empiree: 3:44pm On May 12
Re: UN General Assembly Backs Palestinian Bid For Full Membership by Empiree: 3:47pm On May 12
Obaranje:
see as sense far from you, so you think sey the human shield wey them dey talk na to hold some body like shield for hand dey fight?

Shooting rocket from civilians population area, building military command center around schools and hospitals, mosque and children play ground

Digging tunnels under civilians building which over the time Israel has shown videos of this cases.

But because you dey find were dey hold person for hand as shield you no fit understand those videos.
You can't say whatever you want. This is IDF using Palestiniansl civilians as human shields

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbkEupn-bj8?si=yiGcvRod-HfLm7z4
Re: UN General Assembly Backs Palestinian Bid For Full Membership by Empiree: 4:11pm On May 12
Obaranje:
hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha,because you do copy and paste from Wikipedia you feel you now reason from your big nose

Israel don't release sensitive information about their military operations in all there wars make your findings, even their officer's in the battle field their faces are blurred in their video you can see their face.

Over the time Israel has provided videos of Hamas using civilian centers to launch attack

YouTube can be your friend on that I no get time for copy and paste mumu wey you and krismas dey mumu una self dey copy and paste up and down for here, thinking that makes you sound smart and intelligent

But rather you are just being naive and insecure that's why you both keep disturbing Wikipedia with copy and paste even my 12yr old girl can do better than both of you on that

I don't expect you to quote me again because you both are far from reality

Go ask your fellow Hamas supporter them no born am well make e quote me again

I don open all him lies finish for nairaland
perfectly describes you
https://youtube.com/shorts/amPaUDNeWik?si=NCwSA1tL3MInMyyz
Re: UN General Assembly Backs Palestinian Bid For Full Membership by Obaranje: 4:18pm On May 12
Empiree:
While some phyco Nigerians are supporting genocide in Gaza, am American Muslim student got STANDING OVATION for resisting genocide

Congratulations Asna Tabassum

While young Americans and American students are anti-genocide, young Nigerians are pro- genocide in the name of supporting "God chosen people".

See the difference between civilized people and religious crazy people
some hamas supporters dey busy dey do copy and paste from Wikipedia because of naiveness and to prove how smart and intelligent they are.

Israel dey seriously busy with the task of flushing the terrorist out once and for all

When dey jam a hard nut on nairaland they run with their tail under their legs

Mosquito self dey feel sey him na dove

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

US Secretary Of State Blinken Says Ukraine Will Be NATO Member / Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West / #Olaf Scholz To Succeed Merkel As German Chancellor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.