Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,141 members, 7,842,281 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

I Was Unconscious For 7 Hours Neglected By Hospital Over N80k-Ex-minister Dalung - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Was Unconscious For 7 Hours Neglected By Hospital Over N80k-Ex-minister Dalung (23942 Views)

Family Protests At Ibadan Hospital Over Mutilated Corpse Of Relative (Graphic) / Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos / HELP!! Do You Know This Lady Who Has Been Unconscious For Hours? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Unconscious For 7 Hours Neglected By Hospital Over N80k-Ex-minister Dalung by Orobadmeat: 1:28pm On May 11
Funny dude, so we should fry iceblock abi

1 Like

Re: I Was Unconscious For 7 Hours Neglected By Hospital Over N80k-Ex-minister Dalung by seborrhic: 1:29pm On May 11
brain54:
What about your aides...

They couldn't pay 80k on your behalf or at least contact your family
?

They just dumped you at the hospital and disappeared.

This your tory get as e sound!
Bless you for this!
This even shows the character of the man.
He was dying with aides with him,so none of them could deposit a mere 80k at the drop of a hat or call his wife or family member to do a transfer that won't take up to 1minute.
It's possible the reason they didn't do it is that he barely pays them enough to take care of themselves talkless having that kind of amount in their accounts or they know he is the type that would doubt they paid such amount and so wouldn't refund them,so they didn't want their money to enter "sorry".
I am even amazed the hospital asked a semi-conscious patient of his status a mere 80k for deposit.
Reddington,EverCare or the other ones in Abuja would have asked for at least 1-2m as initial deposit.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Unconscious For 7 Hours Neglected By Hospital Over N80k-Ex-minister Dalung by Sunshine34(m): 1:32pm On May 11
I don't expect this to happen to Dalung as a former minister and popular person in jos, but Lo it happened because the man seems to be the wisest while he's a fool. He talks too much and mostly it's Nonsense. Stingy and have pride. So he's Aides can help him pay just 80k. That speaks louder than voice.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Unconscious For 7 Hours Neglected By Hospital Over N80k-Ex-minister Dalung by soil4soil(m): 1:32pm On May 11
peekspot:

https://punchng.com/i-was-unconscious-for-seven-hours-neglected-by-jos-hospital-over-n80000-deposit-ex-minister-dalung/

He stated, “I took ill on Wednesday, arrived at the hospital, and shortly became unconscious after doctor’s interviews. Was ferried into the emergency ward but abandoned for over four hrs due to non payments of admission deposits. Regained partial consciousness, later did the transfer of deposit.

“After that, I fell into unconsciousness again for about seven hours. To God be the glory, I have been discharged after three days and recovering. Were it not for partial consciousness to pay the deposits, I would have been Mr. late. Many Nigerians have gone this way. Where is our humanity?”

When you were in government what did you do to the health services in Nigeria.

One by one you people will be feeling the pains common citizens go through.

1 Like

Re: I Was Unconscious For 7 Hours Neglected By Hospital Over N80k-Ex-minister Dalung by Eriokanmi: 1:32pm On May 11
tizzle:

Was he not the one who owed super falcons money or was it the Olympic squad?
Did you read the story behind this? Pls do
Re: I Was Unconscious For 7 Hours Neglected By Hospital Over N80k-Ex-minister Dalung by VeryDarkMan01(m): 1:34pm On May 11
Lord lamba

So a whole former ministers aides cannot afford 80k

What of self recognition

Cant he be treated based on self recognition

Are the aides so poor that they can't afford 80k for their dying boss

This story does not add up

Mr former minister
Re: I Was Unconscious For 7 Hours Neglected By Hospital Over N80k-Ex-minister Dalung by aspabay(m): 1:39pm On May 11
As much as I sympathize with him and yet another sad tale of Nigerian hospitals, I am disappointed that an aide to a former minister cannot raise a simple 80k to quickly pay the deposit.

Even if no be minister, can't he hustle 80k.

Thank God for baba Anu, I collapsed in from of his room at 1am, he and a neighbor took me to hospital and paid the deposit till my people came in the morning.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Unconscious For 7 Hours Neglected By Hospital Over N80k-Ex-minister Dalung by Kaluoko: 1:40pm On May 11
U don't even pay ur aids well to be able to make such deposits on ur behalf.what a shame

1 Like

Re: I Was Unconscious For 7 Hours Neglected By Hospital Over N80k-Ex-minister Dalung by EmmyMaestro(m): 1:41pm On May 11
No problem, we will tell him sorry for what he went through. If he we still a minister, they will blow siren and enter the hospital with PA's and security and everybody will leave what they are doing to attend to the " minister ". But he is now an ordinary citizen and he can see what they go through everyday

1 Like

Re: I Was Unconscious For 7 Hours Neglected By Hospital Over N80k-Ex-minister Dalung by fela97: 1:45pm On May 11
Now you know....premium or nothing 😁
Re: I Was Unconscious For 7 Hours Neglected By Hospital Over N80k-Ex-minister Dalung by Jevica: 1:47pm On May 11
How many hospitals did you support when you were a minister. Am sure you owed them before and they were waiting for you to come again. Oga it is pay before service sir. That the aides can’t pay meager 80k means you are a bad person
Re: I Was Unconscious For 7 Hours Neglected By Hospital Over N80k-Ex-minister Dalung by yakson84(m): 1:56pm On May 11
Could this be nollyhood movie? Am still wondering a former minister of sport couldnt have anybody that foot his medical bill despite the presence of aides and including his pa. Doesnt he has family and associates that are financialy bouyant that his pa cant call. This is unbelievable
Re: I Was Unconscious For 7 Hours Neglected By Hospital Over N80k-Ex-minister Dalung by Majesty7: 2:04pm On May 11
peekspot:

https://punchng.com/i-was-unconscious-for-seven-hours-neglected-by-jos-hospital-over-n80000-deposit-ex-minister-dalung/

Thank God you survived. Next time, treat your orderly well so that they can be able to afford meagre #80k without disturbing you.

God really loved you. Try correct yourself and then give that hospital a little shake up. They deserve to be dealt with.
Re: I Was Unconscious For 7 Hours Neglected By Hospital Over N80k-Ex-minister Dalung by Majesty7: 2:04pm On May 11
yakson84:
Could this be nollyhood movie? Am still wondering a former minister of sport couldnt have anybody that foot his medical bill despite the presence of aides and including his pa. Doesnt he has family and associates that are financialy bouyant that his pa cant call. This is unbelievable

Is it not even pathetic that his PA couldn't afford that?
Re: I Was Unconscious For 7 Hours Neglected By Hospital Over N80k-Ex-minister Dalung by Majesty7: 2:10pm On May 11
Dpharisee:
We lost a rich uncle like this, he was involved in an accident and some good citizens took him to the hospital but they refused to commence treatment without deposit, he begged them that he has multi millions in his account and his family will pay and he couldn't remember any phone number in that state but they ignored him. Unfortunately he bled to death at that hospital.

So sad. May he continue to rest in peace

1 Like

Re: I Was Unconscious For 7 Hours Neglected By Hospital Over N80k-Ex-minister Dalung by iamoyindamola(m): 2:11pm On May 11
He timed himself?
Re: I Was Unconscious For 7 Hours Neglected By Hospital Over N80k-Ex-minister Dalung by UNNGRADUATEEE: 2:13pm On May 11
Re: I Was Unconscious For 7 Hours Neglected By Hospital Over N80k-Ex-minister Dalung by megastu(m): 2:17pm On May 11
sometimes you could have the money but not cash. That hospital in Festac town, The Hosannah Hospital or so, on 4th avenue allowed my only sister die because of N350k deposit cash. It's not as if the money was not there. My mother was only going to get it from ATM as it was during that emefiele cash crunch of 2023. The medical director didn't even offer her a bed. Left her on the chair in the reception. This is a hospital that she did CS and an earlier operation some years ago. E no go better for some of these doctors.
Re: I Was Unconscious For 7 Hours Neglected By Hospital Over N80k-Ex-minister Dalung by lululovesblue(f): 2:23pm On May 11
How many bleeps are we supposed to give? Are you paying your PA peanuts or treating him so badly he can't pay 80k as the PA of a former minister on your behalf till you wake up and refund him? The reality of most nigerians is that they don't even have the money in their account to transfer later, you're complaining meanwhile your account is fully loaded from all the money you looted in your tenure. Even your great grandkids will benefit from the wealth you acquired at the cost of common citizens. The mistake the doctor made was treating you. He should have thrown your black yansh out on the street.
Re: I Was Unconscious For 7 Hours Neglected By Hospital Over N80k-Ex-minister Dalung by Bribri: 2:33pm On May 11
Weree see death wake up. Radarada.
ceejay80s:
U never see anything, this is just the beginning....
Re: I Was Unconscious For 7 Hours Neglected By Hospital Over N80k-Ex-minister Dalung by Goodman247: 2:40pm On May 11
All d money you have wetin you use am.for
Re: I Was Unconscious For 7 Hours Neglected By Hospital Over N80k-Ex-minister Dalung by INTEGRITYA1(m): 2:46pm On May 11
brain54:
What about your aides...

They couldn't pay 80k on your behalf or at least contact your family?

They just dumped you at the hospital and disappeared.

This your tory get as e sound!

I've been expecting a reasonable comment like this.
Is he saying his aides are so poor that they can't even make part payments even if they don't have enough money to pay just 80k in that situation to safe his life. Then let assume the aides don't have money, they can't contact any of his close associates to the rescue?

Another thing is that, he claimed he has been using that hospital for long which indicate he has not been treating them well in terms of paying his bills previously, if not I don't think any long time professional will treat their responsible client that way.

Though how he was treated was not encouraging but for someone of his status to be attended to that way, he should look inward and check himself for bad attitude.
Re: I Was Unconscious For 7 Hours Neglected By Hospital Over N80k-Ex-minister Dalung by Judolisco(m): 2:46pm On May 11
U must be a stingy man if your aide doesn't have 80k to help save your life at least he can call some family members to help out.... U be minister for 4 yrs oh...
Re: I Was Unconscious For 7 Hours Neglected By Hospital Over N80k-Ex-minister Dalung by Ediffizy: 2:52pm On May 11
You were a minister nothing to show for it... Embarrassing
Re: I Was Unconscious For 7 Hours Neglected By Hospital Over N80k-Ex-minister Dalung by InvertedHammer: 2:58pm On May 11
/
Whether the story is true or false, the message is there. Everyone is one minor medical emergency away from 6ft under.
/
Re: I Was Unconscious For 7 Hours Neglected By Hospital Over N80k-Ex-minister Dalung by gigabyte13: 2:59pm On May 11
E don leave government turn common man
Go open the book of LAMENTATION
E good like that....
Na wen una leave government una sense dey return say common man dey suffer.....
So wertin come concern us with this your ordeal.....
Ogbeni get lost
Re: I Was Unconscious For 7 Hours Neglected By Hospital Over N80k-Ex-minister Dalung by maasoap(m): 3:10pm On May 11
doggedfighter:
I am trying to recollect this man's antecedents as a minister .

People died during your time in hospitals out of negligence and lack of equipment and personnel when you had a voice you never spoke up even though you had a voice as minister.

Now that it has happened to you , you suddenly have fingers to type on X.

The doctor that treated deserves a slap for even touching you. Nonsense !!

Gerrout of here !!!

Mtchewwwww !

So, the rot should continue? Well done.
Re: I Was Unconscious For 7 Hours Neglected By Hospital Over N80k-Ex-minister Dalung by maasoap(m): 3:13pm On May 11
Godfullsam:

He was battling between life and death, at that stage, there is little money can do.

May be he has a habit of intimidating the hospital staff when he was a minister. This is typical of Nigerian polithiefians.
He got served hot hot..

Intimidating staff of private hospital that also happened to be his family hospital where his wife even died? Hehe! But I get it, Nigerian politicians don't deserve our pity because of what they have done to this country, just like Nigerian police
Re: I Was Unconscious For 7 Hours Neglected By Hospital Over N80k-Ex-minister Dalung by Holluwhakemmy(f): 3:23pm On May 11
thesicilian:
From what I can understand in the story, you were unconscious, but they said you must pay your admission deposit first. So you decided to regain partial consciousness to enable you pay the deposit, and after that went back to being unconscious?

haaaa clown lol

1 Like

Re: I Was Unconscious For 7 Hours Neglected By Hospital Over N80k-Ex-minister Dalung by PHAYOL81: 3:23pm On May 11
But he was or still a part of the reasons the citizens are subjected to such treatment.
Re: I Was Unconscious For 7 Hours Neglected By Hospital Over N80k-Ex-minister Dalung by Jeje247: 3:27pm On May 11
malali:
The Hospital doesnt run for free.

The diesel, the staff, the security, the equipment,the rent,the band A electricity, the forex used in importing medical equipments.

All these items are not free neither do they run on public sympathy.

They should have even asked you for more money.

When you were a minister,you should have asked your colleagues to sanitize the health sector.
Spot on. Our Health insurance system is inefficient and the politicians don't care. With good insurance system, all that would have been needed was his personal details whilst treatment continue. That aside, his own statement read that he was given some IV drugs before deposit was requested meaning that he was evaluated and determined to be out of danger. At that point all he needed to do was make the deposit instead of the drama. Of course trust Nigerians to give you headaches when you have delivered your service to them already.
Re: I Was Unconscious For 7 Hours Neglected By Hospital Over N80k-Ex-minister Dalung by Babangidapikin: 3:27pm On May 11
cool na wa o ...hope it's not only you that knows your pin ...at least have a small emergency account that someone you trust have access to ...load it with 200 k Incase of emergencies. As for the hospital things are hard ..so humanity in the mud ....but Government can do their best to upgrade public hospitals, and ensure they are of best standard globally..I have only attended public hospital once in my life time I think this year or last year because I was always afraid of service delivery, but it wasn't that bad , but we can improve.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Prof Kola Oloke: Shun Consumption Of Animal Skin To Stave Off Cancer / Poor Fingerprints Issues I Need Help / Nigeria Missing As UK Recognises COVID Certificates From Over 50 Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.