Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,097 members, 7,852,705 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 01:43 AM

The 2019 Tinubu Speech We Ignored Is Biting Back - Farooq Kperogi - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The 2019 Tinubu Speech We Ignored Is Biting Back - Farooq Kperogi (34466 Views)

2019: Tinubu Declines To Lead Buhari’s National Campaign / 2019: Tinubu Adamant About Decision On Ambode / 2019: Tinubu Hails Osinbajo As Lagos APC Adopts Direct Primaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 2019 Tinubu Speech We Ignored Is Biting Back - Farooq Kperogi by Alsenora: 7:43pm On May 11
Very true of you to point out the writer's opinion is that of a non economist....
Volksfuhrer:
Mr Kperogi Farook, it’s too early for all this. When you restructure an economy, it gets worse before it gets better. Mobility of resources isn’t instantaneous, it takes time: hence the externalities we are witnessing now. A little research on your part would have done you a lot of good even if you had never taken a course in economics! The Freudian slip you inferred was petty; you are a PhD, you should know better!
Re: The 2019 Tinubu Speech We Ignored Is Biting Back - Farooq Kperogi by HandsomeBlack: 7:43pm On May 11
Owo mi da nuisance at the national level.
Re: The 2019 Tinubu Speech We Ignored Is Biting Back - Farooq Kperogi by cornelman: 7:44pm On May 11
bentenny:

So you want to compare the US with Nigeria😄
If U want to then let's start with an average Americans purchasing power compared to that of an average Nigerian!
What is America's inflation rate and that of Nigeria?
No be every comment u go chuck mouth just to justify ur 40k monthly stipends!

Have they increased his pay from 30k to 40k? Or the 10k nah palliative?

2 Likes

Re: The 2019 Tinubu Speech We Ignored Is Biting Back - Farooq Kperogi by vibratingpenis: 7:47pm On May 11
brain54:
Those familiar with how Tinubu ran Lagos economy...

Wouldn't be surprised by his high "tax drive".

The worst part is THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING.

Tinubu was a mistake.

On hindsight Of the 3 Frontline candidates Atiku would have done a better job of stabilizing the economy!

Does your username mean it had 54mb memory card.

1 Like

Re: The 2019 Tinubu Speech We Ignored Is Biting Back - Farooq Kperogi by Everlastingson: 7:48pm On May 11
brain54:

Go and sit down...

Drunk!!! My opinion is my opinion and like I said if you no get wetin to cap just blow whistle..

What is Obi's antecedence?

Na you go tell me who to vote!

Stop pretending to love Nigeria or to want Nigeria to move forward. People like you are part of the problem. You better quit the forum for now coz your hypocrisy is disgusting. You're filled with hate and tribalism. You want good governance but hate and voted against the best candidate. Go and sleep.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 2019 Tinubu Speech We Ignored Is Biting Back - Farooq Kperogi by vibratingpenis: 7:48pm On May 11
helinues:

Farooq should stop all this unnecessary wailing

The USA Farooq is hiding, he should tell us about the economic hardship the Americans are going through

So because US is passing through economic distress, it is justified that one person will pull us into same, is Nigeria US? How many countries use naira as FX?

Hell anal pore try to dey make sense sometimes.

2 Likes

Re: The 2019 Tinubu Speech We Ignored Is Biting Back - Farooq Kperogi by drsibz66(m): 7:48pm On May 11
Volksfuhrer:
Mr Kperogi Farook, it’s too early for all this. When you restructure an economy, it gets worse before it gets better. Mobility of resources isn’t instantaneous, it takes time: hence the externalities we are witnessing now. A little research on your part would have done you a lot of good even if you had never taken a course in economics! The Freudian slip you inferred was petty; you are a PhD, you should know better!

Oga you are still hallucinating, your Ignorance is akin to someone who doesn't even know his own name. This is the peak of delusion. How can you see black and you trying to say its white.
Re: The 2019 Tinubu Speech We Ignored Is Biting Back - Farooq Kperogi by vibratingpenis: 7:52pm On May 11
Volksfuhrer:

Please can you elaborate how the the economy was diversified?
Re: The 2019 Tinubu Speech We Ignored Is Biting Back - Farooq Kperogi by cjudy(m): 7:57pm On May 11
If you like talk from now till next year, Tinubu is the best after ewedu and mind you 2027, I’m going to vote for him and I implore all southerners and easterners to vote for him in massive. He need to win again. You see that suffer, una go suffer am tire
Re: The 2019 Tinubu Speech We Ignored Is Biting Back - Farooq Kperogi by vibratingpenis: 7:58pm On May 11
richiemcgold:
Taxing the people isn't the issue
Lack of good governance is the real problem

People pay more tax in advanced countries but they might not complain because they enjoy good governance.

My boss told me yesterday we were having heart to heart talk, he actually advised me that if I can emigrate to UK I should do so, that he can help me, he is an Indian expatriate, he told me that Belgium has the highest tax of 45 percent or so, other European countries are within
40, 41,42, or 43% but they have access to so many free services including Education, Health services, etc that in Nigeria it is 20% for expatriates and only get free heat from sun and oxygen.
This is Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: The 2019 Tinubu Speech We Ignored Is Biting Back - Farooq Kperogi by dNortherner(m): 7:58pm On May 11
Malroux:
We the hardworking and sane Nigerians already knew who Ebola Tinubu is. We knew how he ran Lagos and the supposedly high IGR, hence the reason why we rejected him loud and clear, and they tagged us Obidafts. Tinubu and his family are bunch of greedy fellows that only think about what they can grab. Someone that denied his biological parents, his ancestral town and kinsmen, just because of material gain. If you think Tinubu is after the good of Nigeria, then you are the most foolish human that ever lived.
So we are in trouble be that...

2 Likes

Re: The 2019 Tinubu Speech We Ignored Is Biting Back - Farooq Kperogi by brain54(m): 8:02pm On May 11
vibratingpenis:

Does your username mean it had 54mb memory card.
No...

It means your pe.nis is vibrating and unstable. You cannot even get an erection.

Maybe you even have Pakistan disease who knows. lipsrsealed

54 secs left for it to pack up kpatakpata!
Re: The 2019 Tinubu Speech We Ignored Is Biting Back - Farooq Kperogi by vibratingpenis: 8:12pm On May 11
brain54:

No...

It means your pe.nis is vibrating and unstable. You cannot even get an erection.

Maybe you even have Pakistan disease who knows. lipsrsealed

54 secs left for it to pack up kpatakpata!

It is Parkinson's not Pakistan, are you having tremors while typing, let me tell you about the impairment. Parkinson's disease is a progressive disorder that is caused by degeneration of nerve cells in the part of the brain called the substantia nigra, which controls movement. These nerve cells die or become impaired, losing the ability to produce an important chemical called dopamine.

You see you still need to ascertain if your brain have 54 Minutes to pack up.

1 Like

Re: The 2019 Tinubu Speech We Ignored Is Biting Back - Farooq Kperogi by brain54(m): 8:14pm On May 11
vibratingpenis:

It is Parkinson's not Pakistan, are you having tremors while typing, let me tell you about the impairment. Parkinson's disease is a progressive disorder that is caused by degeneration of nerve cells in the part of the brain called the substantia nigra, which controls movement. These nerve cells die or become impaired, losing the ability to produce an important chemical called dopamine.

You see you still need to ascertain if your brain have 54 Minutes to pack up.
Looong yawn...
Re: The 2019 Tinubu Speech We Ignored Is Biting Back - Farooq Kperogi by Mccollins042(m): 8:15pm On May 11
Volksfuhrer:
Are you guys cursed with this your"it will get worse before getting better" song of over 9 years? What economic restructuring has taken place?
Tinubu knows nothing about economy
He stopped subsidy only to reinstate it through the backdoor yet the prices of fuel is still through the roof
He floated the naira only to start using our foreign reserve to artificially control the rising dollar value through the backdoor
Out of all the needs in Nigeria he decided to build a coastal road costing over 13trillion naira that won't even be finished in his tenure.
What exactly is the economic restructuring you guys keep screaming about?

6 Likes

Re: The 2019 Tinubu Speech We Ignored Is Biting Back - Farooq Kperogi by vibratingpenis: 8:17pm On May 11
brain54:

Looong yawn...

As you no sabi book, I know you are allergic to book.
Re: The 2019 Tinubu Speech We Ignored Is Biting Back - Farooq Kperogi by VinnyBaba: 8:18pm On May 11
Geekhard:
So Tinubu is doing well in your opinion? Soon you won't see money to- buy data to type rubbish, buy fuel to power generator if you have generator for charging your phone, pay for electricity bill or even buy food. Continue supporting Tinubu.

You are Telling a Dependant 35yr Mommy's Boy who still lives in his Parents House all diz? undecided sad
Re: The 2019 Tinubu Speech We Ignored Is Biting Back - Farooq Kperogi by brain54(m): 8:20pm On May 11
vibratingpenis:

As you no sabi book, I know you are allergic to book.
Small boy...

I can school you and your dad on a whole range of issues and subjects.

Abeg you don't quote me again... I hate pests with nothing creative or sensible to say.

You're too dull and dumb for me to go back and forth with.

Go and play with sand.

T for thanks!
Re: The 2019 Tinubu Speech We Ignored Is Biting Back - Farooq Kperogi by Endi(m): 8:22pm On May 11
But the same Kperoogi supported the evil that is Tulumbu when he was a mere aspirant.
Re: The 2019 Tinubu Speech We Ignored Is Biting Back - Farooq Kperogi by nonhuman(m): 8:24pm On May 11
The problem with Nigeria is that people that their sanity are in order are in minority the morons are majority

1 Like

Re: The 2019 Tinubu Speech We Ignored Is Biting Back - Farooq Kperogi by Mccollins042(m): 8:27pm On May 11
SmartyPants:
Well, the idea as he said then was to slow down the economy to combat inflation. At the time, I didn't think it was the right way to go (and still don't), because the causes of inflation are not totally related to the spending power of the masses. Farouk doesn't seem to have a great grasp of economics though he is right in pointing out that the masses are getting increasingly disaffected.
God! How does slowing down the economy combat inflation? How does spending cause inflation. Does Nigeria spend more than Europeans and Americans? Spending helps the economy
Re: The 2019 Tinubu Speech We Ignored Is Biting Back - Farooq Kperogi by SmartyPants(m): 8:27pm On May 11
Mccollins042:

God! How does slowing down the economy combat inflation? How does spending cause inflation. Does Nigeria spend more than Europeans and Americans? Spending helps the economy

Lol. Google those questions and learn.
Re: The 2019 Tinubu Speech We Ignored Is Biting Back - Farooq Kperogi by Mayeldah(m): 8:31pm On May 11
If I were Tinubu I will increase VAT to 50%

Nigerians never learn!
Re: The 2019 Tinubu Speech We Ignored Is Biting Back - Farooq Kperogi by iSense247: 8:34pm On May 11
Malroux:
We the hardworking and sane Nigerians already knew who Ebola Tinubu is. We knew how he ran Lagos and the supposedly high IGR, hence the reason why we rejected him loud and clear, and they tagged us Obidafts. Tinubu and his family are bunch of greedy fellows that only think about what they can grab. Someone that denied his biological parents, his ancestral town and kinsmen, just because of material gain. If you think Tinubu is after the good of Nigeria, then you are the most foolish human that ever lived.
You have said it all.

1 Like

Re: The 2019 Tinubu Speech We Ignored Is Biting Back - Farooq Kperogi by Jagabanarmy: 8:35pm On May 11
NLCreator:
“If we reduce the purchasing power of the people, we can further slow down the economy," he said.

https://www.farooqkperogi.com/2024/05/the-2019-tinubu-speech-we-ignored-is.html?m=1
Honestly, subsidy remover and floating of the Naira were total wrong decisions by this administration and I sincerely hope they will right the wrong of yesterday
Re: The 2019 Tinubu Speech We Ignored Is Biting Back - Farooq Kperogi by soccerlite: 8:38pm On May 11
He and his lick spittle supporters will perish as pharoah perished

Any politician that say he will only increase the burden of innocent nigerians (who didn't vote this satanic apc tinubu ) shall die an agonizing death
Re: The 2019 Tinubu Speech We Ignored Is Biting Back - Farooq Kperogi by soccerlite: 8:39pm On May 11
nonhuman:
The problem with Nigeria is that people that their sanity are in order are in minority the morons are majority

Fact!
Re: The 2019 Tinubu Speech We Ignored Is Biting Back - Farooq Kperogi by soccerlite: 8:42pm On May 11
Volksfuhrer:

What tinubu is doing to nigeria that will be the outcome of your life and generation.

You are cursed forever
Re: The 2019 Tinubu Speech We Ignored Is Biting Back - Farooq Kperogi by Joshcoli(m): 8:44pm On May 11
Racoon:
“More Burden For Nigerians As Tax Committee Recommends VAT Hike. The Presidential Committee on Fiscal Policy and Tax reforms has recommended an upward review of the Value Added Tax (VAT).”

A government building a #15T super coastal highway in the midst of multiple neck constricting taxation endless borrowing and phantom IGR? And the government makes sense to you? Everyone who does not align with the myopic and warped logic sense of reasoning of this clueless, impactless, rudderless and directionless govt is always called names.

These BATISTs are utterly brainwashed! Tinubu could commit the most savage, brutal atrocities, and they'd still grovel at his feet, chanting his name like mindless drones. It's pointless to even engage with them; their loyalty is a sickness, immune to reason or reality.

1 Like

Re: The 2019 Tinubu Speech We Ignored Is Biting Back - Farooq Kperogi by stepaside1: 8:51pm On May 11
So Farooq can also fall into this sort of propaganda. He should go watch that 2019 speech by Tinubu and rewrite this essay. Tinubu was responding to the plan by the Buhari govt via Prof Osinbajo to increase VAT rate. He advocated instead for a widening of the tax net rather than an increase in the VAT rate that will further reduce the purchasing power of the people.

Farooq can punch holes in Tinubu's current economic policies but not on the basis of a phantom interpretation of a speech that is in public domain.
Re: The 2019 Tinubu Speech We Ignored Is Biting Back - Farooq Kperogi by emonis88: 8:53pm On May 11
Malroux:
then use the pervasive poverty to control the people, Nigerians don hear am
Re: The 2019 Tinubu Speech We Ignored Is Biting Back - Farooq Kperogi by Jasonekah98: 8:57pm On May 11
There is a limit to which humans can endure.

Nigerians have been stretched by the Buhari tenure, yet we endured hoping for a better government. Now, whatever we endured under Buhari's 8 years Is child's play compared to what we're experiencing in just a year.

For how long will a net continue to be stretched??. I'm heard of imploding objects, humans, and nations. I don't want it to happen to Nigeria, cos it will be chaos. But Tinubu really wants it to happen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Eric Schmidt Visits Fashola in Lagos [Pictures] / Iyanda Isiaka Sawaba, Top Fuji Music Star Dies In Ibadan (Photos) / "We Are Hungry", Lady Begs Igbo Traders To Return To Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.