Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,447 members, 7,843,369 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets (25667 Views)

Naira Shrinks To N1,135/$ At Parallel Market / Naira Declines Heavily Again / Naira Declines To 370 As Forex Liquidity Drops (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by rickleye: 8:39pm On May 12
Hmm.
So what has this man achieved after 100 days no, after 365 days in office.
Blame this and that . We are worse off than when he took power.
And come election… we all have amnesia and vote him in another 4 years. Naija and suffering are like 1&2

1 Like

Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by mightyhazel: 8:45pm On May 12
Resurgent2016:
What do you know about me s
You be Alcatraz 001 and a dozen other deranged monikers..who's neither here ,there nor anywhere else for that matter..

Today you are against mumu ticket and preaching Christianity

Tomorrow you are Agbadorian and castigating every other tribe..

Any other question ?
Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by udomonday: 9:16pm On May 12
The demand for the dollars is too much in this country,the government should limit that first.
Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by banku: 9:32pm On May 12
In the first place, Emefiele increased the amount of Naira in circulation because those moneybags that buried naira waited patiently, plus the new naira, plus the new naira Emefiele and his gangs hid.

We even had more naira than before waiting to flood Bureau du Change, depreciating naira more than ever.

You cannot have so much naira waiting to flood Bureau du Change and expect it to appreciate.

Assetosky:

When emefiele collected all the naira, did it appreciate?
Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by bigpicture001: 9:38pm On May 12
Baxilexi:

Correct but they’ll stabilize food prices which is what impacts the common man the most.
Purchasing power is measured in the value of a basket of goods which has been reducing considerably over the last few months.
They’ll also create employment and food security.

Reduce demands for forex

It’s medium level value but it’s still something.

It will still not reduce cost of food...reason being that

Rice imported

Beans imported

Pin apple imported

Grains imported

Sugar imported

When we import all our food how is the fx not going to affect us
Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by chyeexcel: 10:16pm On May 12
Putindbutt:

That's your father.
No, that's you.dundee united
Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by kareemkamil(m): 10:17pm On May 12
What is the difference
Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by okorogodwin4(m): 11:09pm On May 12
Dollar to Naira Kee una Dre NDI oshi
Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by Drone95(m): 11:14pm On May 12
Burruchaga71:
Our God is good all the time.

N2000 loading.
nah not yet it will appreciate next month
Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by Walezy2020: 2:24am On May 13
Racoon:
Who is to be blame now? BDCs, Cryptos, dollar speculators or the FG itself? Seems they are now tired of subsidising the dollar. Balabloo-blu-bulava drug economics illiteracy in the mud. You can steal mandate but can't govern with it. Reno Omokri have not even talk about the dollar issue or insulted Arise TV in recent times
I see all this coming subsidising $ is a temporal solution how long they will do it.thry should do the needful,cut cost of governance,provide basic amenities,create more jobs,improve security among others
Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by yahoodetector: 2:32am On May 13
And that bastard called Reno O-mock-cry is silent. He is currently masturbating over Prince Harry and Meghan.

Slowpoke!!
Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by ogbonti: 2:43am On May 13
Burruchaga71:
Our God is good all the time.

N2000 loading.

they are printing and stealing to change to dollars and pounds sterling - that is why the demand for dollars exceeds its supply hence the hike

a man who forged a certificate - guilty identity theft to attend school in Chicago, graduated from a school before the school was established?

what are we expecting ? we are too just too optimistic as a people - like we are expecting someone who got F9 parallel in WAEC to suddenly

graduate as a First class, and overall best graduating student in a University ? no ne Jujuj be that ?
Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by ogbonti: 2:50am On May 13
stuffs2002:

Nigeria is going through a challenging time and OBIDIENTS are happy.

I have never voted in Nigeria but that is going to change with the way OBIDIENTS have been attacking Nigeria, I will vigorously campaign against Peter Obi in any elections he presents himself. You can not be enemy of Nigeria and still want to rule Nigeria.

That Is a promise I have made

success is the best revenge --- please tell your Emilokan to be successful so we all can tell Obi to allow Tinubu success mature

IF Tinubu performs a miracle by returning $1 to $220 where APC met it in 2015, and- Fuel Returns to N160 per litre

I will beg Obi to let Tinubu run and remain in office until 2031 ---- Nigeria Presidency is not an apprentice job, if you cant fix it get out
Too much is at stake right here - 200 million lives are hanging in the balance - with no hope, no future and stressed out to the max!

Tinubu is a failure and you are here getting all emotional about Obi - its like a child saying he failed because his father called him an Olodo

If you are not really an Olodo, go and pass brilliantly so that those who called you Olodo - will now call you Albert Einstein - nansense!!!! angry
Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by ogbonti: 3:20am On May 13
Cromagnon:
So slavery? You not wise at all
What is difficult in going back to farm with everybody armed against bandits?

dont mind him - he is eating burger farting and wetting his pants with hot pee in his a/c cooled room in the west and talking about
Aldi and Carrefour - you think those companies do not know IF they come to Nigeria they will go bankrupt? Maersk was lied against
that they are investing $600 million in Nigeria - Immediately their stocks went down -4% -- Do they know what that means to an Investor who has $1 million invested in Maersk? That is a loss of -$40,000, An investor who has $10 million lost $400,000 just because of the propaganda of this APC - IF not that Maersk rushed to debunk the story - that stock would be -50% by now - The Nigerian brand is a toxic asset right now in world financial market - and we need to get on our bootstraps to fix the bad perception of Nigeria before the world IF we hope to survive.

They think Global Investors do not do their due diligence before they commit their hard earned money to investing ? They read how Betta Edu stole almost $800,000 and she is not on trial right now.. You know what they think when they read that? That could be my money IF I MAKE THE MISTAKE OF INVESTING IN NIGERIA -- They know about Yahaya Bello and the $720k school fees scandal, They know about all the top corrupt cases at the EFCC which never ends in a conviction and NOTHING SCARES AN INVESTOR MORE THAN A COMPROMISED JUSTICE SYSTEM - because IF something were to happen to their money, how will they get it back ? These Agbadorians should THINK and stop reasoning with their anus!
Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by leokid866: 3:45am On May 13
It's crazy how all the rats have all come out....few weeks ago when the dollar was falling they were all quiet.....hope they will keep this same energy when it starts going back down........
Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by leokid866: 3:47am On May 13
ogbonti:

success is the best revenge --- please tell your Emilokan to be successful so we all can tell Obi to allow Tinubu success mature

IF Tinubu performs a miracle by returning $1 to $220 where APC met it in 2015, and- Fuel Returns to N160 per litre

I will beg Obi to let Tinubu run and remain in office until 2031 ---- Nigeria Presidency is not an apprentice job, if you cant fix it get out
Too much is at stake right here - 200 million lives are hanging in the balance - with no hope, no future and stressed out to the max!

Tinubu is a failure and you are here getting all emotional about Obi - its like a child saying he failed because his father called him an Olodo

If you are not really an Olodo, go and pass brilliantly so that those who called you Olodo - will now call you Albert Einstein - nansense!!!! angry
then also call jona to return dollar and fuel price to where he met it, same thing for obj because when they were using the fx reserves and paying subsidy and country was going broke you didn't say anything......
Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by leokid866: 3:48am On May 13
rickleye:
Hmm.
So what has this man achieved after 100 days no, after 365 days in office.
Blame this and that . We are worse off than when he took power.
And come election… we all have amnesia and vote him in another 4 years. Naija and suffering are like 1&2
you are worse off than when he took power but you are buying diesel ⛽️ cheaper yes or no?
Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by Baxilexi(m): 4:39am On May 13
ogbonti:

dont mind him - he is eating burger farting and wetting his pants with hot pee in his a/c cooled room in the west and talking about
Aldi and Carrefour - you think those companies do not know IF they come to Nigeria they will go bankrupt? Maersk was lied against
that they are investing $600 million in Nigeria - Immediately their stocks went down -4% -- Do they know what that means to an Investor who has $1 million invested in Maersk? That is a loss of -$40,000, An investor who has $10 million lost $400,000 just because of the propaganda of this APC - IF not that Maersk rushed to debunk the story - that stock would be -50% by now - The Nigerian brand is a toxic asset right now in world financial market - and we need to get on our bootstraps to fix the bad perception of Nigeria before the world IF we hope to survive.

They think Global Investors do not do their due diligence before they commit their hard earned money to investing ? They read how Betta Edu stole almost $800,000 and she is not on trial right now.. You know what they think when they read that? That could be my money IF I MAKE THE MISTAKE OF INVESTING IN NIGERIA -- They know about Yahaya Bello and the $720k school fees scandal, They know about all the top corrupt cases at the EFCC which never ends in a conviction and NOTHING SCARES AN INVESTOR MORE THAN A COMPROMISED JUSTICE SYSTEM - because IF something were to happen to their money, how will they get it back ? These Agbadorians should THINK and stop reasoning with their anus!

I posted this a while back…
https://www.nairaland.com/8019576/foreigners-invest-nigeria

Your submission is true in some part, but some of us just want to see Nigeria rise and it has nothing to do with politics.

Using my proposition as an economic band aid isn’t the definite solution but it’s something.
Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by Burruchaga71(m): 6:13am On May 13
Drone95:
nah not yet it will appreciate next month
Continue dreaming
Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by herich(m): 10:21am On May 13
Reno left the group grin grin
Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by Goldbw122(m): 1:11pm On May 13
This will get to 2000 what is going on.. someone is blowing Nigeria with cool breeze and someone is using hot fire to cook Nigeria, we are definitely fighting the wrong person..
Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by vibratingpenis: 1:29pm On May 13
stuffs2002:

No problem, I am okay with you saying Obi will never be president, the issue is you fit die in next 3 seconds and Nigeria will keep rolling, you guys are too quick to forget that.

MUMU OBIDIENTS are just 2DUMB&BITTER because they can't even see that Tinubu is on the right track

DUMMB&DAFFT OBIDIENTS don't even know the meaning of the word "challenging".

By now, Nigeria would have been in flames if the Pandora criminal called Obi had won because he is too bitter and bigoted to rule a country like Nigeria.

DUMB&DAFT OBIDIENTS should know the following:
1) No IIGB0 will ever smell the presidency of Nigeria
2) We will not give them biafla
Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by Alusiizizi(m): 1:57pm On May 13
marenkurz:
Leave dollars, why are people trading naira? You pay 1030 naira to POS agent to get 1000 naira. Isn't that itself devaluing naira?
We have elected the most stupid people among us.

I just had to respond to this drivel. The reason why people are trading the Naira is because there is a market for it. POS operators make cash available to the market in exchange for a small commission. Covers the cost of transport to the bank, time spent at the bank, the risk of loosing their money as well as living expense. If you want to give opinion on economic issues then at least take the time to learn basic economics.
Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by marenkurz: 4:31pm On May 13
You're telling me that the real value of my 1000 naira within Nigeria is 900 naira and that is good for the economy.
The reason why people are trading naira is because their is corruption for it. There are empty ATMs everywhere. Banks don't even pretend anymore because they make money by giving cash to POS operators.
It's ok if you're making an honest living off POS services, however, don't defend how rotten the banking system has become.
POS is meant for cashless society not cash-full society.

Alusiizizi:

I just had to respond to this drivel. The reason why people are trading the Naira is because there is a market for it. POS operators make cash available to the market in exchange for a small commission. Covers the cost of transport to the bank, time spent at the bank, the risk of loosing their money as well as living expense. If you want to give opinion on economic issues then at least take the time to learn basic economics.
Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by Alusiizizi(m): 5:18pm On May 13
marenkurz:
You're telling me that the real value of my 1000 naira within Nigeria is 900 naira and that is good for the economy.
The reason why people are trading naira is because their is corruption for it. There are empty ATMs everywhere. Banks don't even pretend anymore because they make money by giving cash to POS operators.
It's ok if you're making an honest living off POS services, however, don't defend how rotten the banking system has become.
POS is meant for cashless society not cash-full society.

You can always go and withdraw money from the bank for free wink The only reason why these POS operators thrive is because they provide a valuable service to the market.

Addition:
By the way, cashless policy is not much more than empty narrative, especially when the infrastructure to support such a policy doesn't exist. I don't know where you were during the period of that New Naira notes fiasco but if you were in Nigeria and had to suffer frequent failed e-transactions, have your bank debit you and being forced to wait in long queues at the bank just to resolve the issue then it should be obvious to you that the infrastructure to support a cashless Nigeria does not exist.
Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by marenkurz: 8:01pm On May 13
Yes. If I make withdrawals from my bank's ATM it is for free. That is how it is all over the world.
Going by your reasoning, POS agents can access naira during naira scarcity but banks doesn't. And you can't figure out why.

Meanwhile, what other infrastructure do you need to run a cashless policy than POS? Even armed robbers and police have POS. Every other countries uses POS, some even embedded it with other phones apps. For instance, China uses WeChat and in Europe, NFC is active for most bank apps.

I have visited few countries and never has any other country trade their local currency yet you all wonder why people are trading dollars and naira is losing value. If within Nigeria, the value of my 1000 naira is 900 naira and CBN doesn't see it as a problem, then my friend, Nigeria economy is in a long run. Brace up my friend.

Alusiizizi:

You can always go and withdraw money from the bank for free wink The only reason why these POS operators thrive is because they provide a valuable service to the market.

Addition:
By the way, cashless policy is not much more than empty narrative, especially when the infrastructure to support such a policy doesn't exist. I don't know where you were during the period of that New Naira notes fiasco but if you were in Nigeria and had to suffer frequent failed e-transactions, have your bank debit you and being forced to wait in long queues at the bank just to resolve the issue then it should be obvious to you that the infrastructure to support a cashless Nigeria does not exist.
Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by Alusiizizi(m): 3:33pm On May 14
marenkurz:
Yes. If I make withdrawals from my bank's ATM it is for free. That is how it is all over the world.
Going by your reasoning, POS agents can access naira during naira scarcity but banks doesn't. And you can't figure out why.

Meanwhile, what other infrastructure do you need to run a cashless policy than POS? Even armed robbers and police have POS. Every other countries uses POS, some even embedded it with other phones apps. For instance, China uses WeChat and in Europe, NFC is active for most bank apps.

I have visited few countries and never has any other country trade their local currency yet you all wonder why people are trading dollars and naira is losing value. If within Nigeria, the value of my 1000 naira is 900 naira and CBN doesn't see it as a problem, then my friend, Nigeria economy is in a long run. Brace up my friend.

I don't engage in circular arguments so I will end with this note. If you are not interested in paying POS charges then withdraw directly from your bank. The fact that people do patronize POS operators should tell you that they are offering a service to the market. Surely you are not asking that they do this for free.
Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by Cromagnon: 8:30pm On May 19
ogbonti:

Yet mtn invested
Dstv invested
Dangote is investing
Bua is investing
Is it private money that Betta stole
You know what
Continue burying your head in the sand
Less competition for us
Continue making excuses
Real men will continue making money
Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by Cromagnon: 8:34pm On May 19
Baxilexi:

You didn’t have to start off condescending.
Not condescending if it true

Even with ants not all of them are workers, they have organization.
True
But I see no organisation
Ants are productive whether workers or soldiers
Do you see any productivity from our workers or soldiers?
Let's call a spade a spade

Some of us have to be engineers, some must be lawyers, doctors etc. the issue with food production is multifaceted from security, loans, mechanization, fortified grains, climate change, what I propose is a short-medium term solution.

What's the point of being an engineer when there's is nothing to engineer
Gotta produce the first layer (extraction) what will be engineered first

Eventually we would replace most of the goods on the shelves with local alternatives.
not at this rate we won't
Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by Cromagnon: 8:37pm On May 19
marenkurz:
Yes. I'm the mumu one.

Yes you are

Your
My cbn? Or our cbn?
See why I say you're a mumu

CBN willingly allowed the sales
What is wrong with selling to willing buyer?
Is it by force to buy it?
See why you're a mumu?

of naira for a profit within the country. Yet, I'm the mumu one.
You think POS agents are beneficial to the economy. Keep dreaming 😊 my wise friend.

yes they are
But a mumu will never know that the pos agent saves time and effort and that is what you're payingfor not the naira?
Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by Cromagnon: 8:39pm On May 19
marenkurz:
I have lived in South Africa and Switzerland. I'm currently residing in Germany. These countries doesn't sell their local currency for profit.

Really?
No forextrader in those countries?
No ATM?
Do you Payat the ATMor not?
Do you use credit cards in those countries?
No wonder you can't fix your country
You don't even know what's going on
Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by Cromagnon: 8:40pm On May 19
DatNiggaDaz:
grin grin

BATeria get behind

grin grin
He's still president tho

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Christmas: Excitement In Cross River As 'abakaliki Rice' Sells For N14,500 / An Open Letter To Folorunsho Alakija For Accepting Oil Well By 'Faith' / Bet9ja Virtual Soccer Cheat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.