Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,926 members, 7,838,303 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Ikwerre People Reply Bini On Whether They're Igbo Or Bini - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikwerre People Reply Bini On Whether They're Igbo Or Bini (3123 Views)

We Aren’t Igbo, Rivers Ikwerre People Reply Ohanaeze / 2023: Northerners Need Someone From North, Not Igbo Or Yoruba – Atiku / Igbanke People What Are You Doing In Edo State, Are You Igbo's Or Bini's? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikwerre People Reply Bini On Whether They're Igbo Or Bini by hammer567: 10:41pm On May 11
HE WILL BRING ANOTHER MONIKER AMD POST MORE CRAP.

I ADMIRE HIS DETERMINATION THOUGH.

BUT IT IS FUTILE,
Re: Ikwerre People Reply Bini On Whether They're Igbo Or Bini by Mrexcell(m): 11:21pm On May 11
hammer567:

I once met a yoruba man and he ask if i was Igbo, i said yes, next he said, Bini is where Igbo starts, i rejected and he insisted and tried to correct me.

I still no agree but looking back at it now, I think he might have known or understood something that I did not know.

Funny part is he was not the first yoruba to say such, one went as far as saying that all those minorities claiming SS are also Igbo.

I screamed and said no, he looked me straight in the eye and said they are only denying because after the war, that all of them are also Igbo.

Think of it now, he might also know something that i did not know.

The biafran war really did a lot of damage to the igbo nation many igbo speaking communities outside the five south east states where advised and encouraged by the nigerian state to deny their igbo roots after the war so as to get political patronage that's why some of them especially political leaders from these communities still deny being igbo till date.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre People Reply Bini On Whether They're Igbo Or Bini by hammer567: 11:26pm On May 11
Mrexcell:

The biafran war really did a lot of damage to the igbo nation many igbo speaking communities outside the five south east states where advised and encouraged by the nigerian state to deny their igbo roots after the war so as to get political patronage that's why some of them especially political leaders from these communities still deny being igbo till date.

CORRECT!

AS U CAN SEE, TIMES ARE CHANGING AGAIN, IGBOS ARE RECONNECTING AGAIN.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre People Reply Bini On Whether They're Igbo Or Bini by sunboy(m): 12:06am On May 12
EgwunsoDOTcom:

You're believing a nonsense from a yoruba man, shame.
Those p*gs are the most unreliable tribe in nigeria today, bunch of two_faced saboteurs..

Believe a yoruba man at ur own peril.

What has a Yoruba man done to you ?

Do you live in Lagos ?
Re: Ikwerre People Reply Bini On Whether They're Igbo Or Bini by Tflex01: 1:09am On May 12
sunboy:

What has a Yoruba man done to you ?

Do you live in Lagos ?

Yoruba defeated them in all spheres of human endeavours including politics.

Yorubas took away their chestbeating and bragging rights and exposed how ordinary they are.

I like to have a good laugh reading through Igbos' frustration and mental breakdown that stem from constant defeat by the Yorubas. πŸ˜†

3 Likes

Re: Ikwerre People Reply Bini On Whether They're Igbo Or Bini by sunboy(m): 2:30am On May 12
Tflex01:

Yorubas took away their chestbeating and bragging rights and exposed how ordinary they are.

I like to have a good laugh reading through Igbos' frustration and mental breakdown that stem from constant defeat by the Yorubas. πŸ˜†

You cant be fighting everybody and at the same time complain that they β€œgang up” against you … in reality you’re always poking other people then claim victim.
Re: Ikwerre People Reply Bini On Whether They're Igbo Or Bini by Tflex01: 2:32am On May 12
sunboy:

You cant be fighting everybody and at the same time complain that they β€œgang up” against you … in reality Igbos are always poking other people then claim victim.

Fixed. πŸ˜†
Re: Ikwerre People Reply Bini On Whether They're Igbo Or Bini by Whalis: 4:21am On May 12
Raf4:

Inferiority complex at its peak.
A so called majority tribe seeking patronage and approval of a minority tribe to feel good and accomplished. Shiooor!
Bros you won't blame them. The ikwerres have a very rich culture and identity which they the Igbos admire. They hardly betray you . See Amaechi, see Wike including O.K Chinda in HOR just to mention but three. Just come to pH and witness our culture and way of life you will see why igbos want Ikwerre identity. An average Ikwerre man is welcoming and do not crave for questionable wealth. We are just contented with what comes to us through hard work . We speak similar language with the Etche people. We don't tell people Etche is Ikwerre. An Etche man sometimes tell people he is ikwerre but we don't agree. This is the same with Ahoada and even Ogba. An igbo man would have claimed to be Ikwerre but their shame is that they are bigger in size. This is why they turned it to Ikwerre is Igbo. To prove to you which culture is richer tell an Igbo man to give you his word of 'Yes'. It doesn't exist in Igbo language. In Ikwerre Yes is Oweee.

2 Likes

Re: Ikwerre People Reply Bini On Whether They're Igbo Or Bini by EgwunsoDOTcom: 4:46am On May 12
Whalis:
A true
Ikwerre man will maim you if you taint his identity with Igbo's coloration.
I will tell you a top secret why an Ikwerre man would never agree that he is igbo. An Ikwerre man call an Igbo person Nye Isuoma. The meaning of this is an uncultured person. A servant or most demeaning a nonentity. Identifying with the Igbos means that he is also Isuoma. This is the problem while he won't accept this. I told someone to call Amaechi Isuoma and see if Amaechi wouldn't shoot that person.
Ikwerre has got nothing to do with igbo.
Story
You don't even understand the nonsense you wrote.
"Isoma" Means a non-indigene to any village, it has nothing to do with Igbos in particular..

Owerri people use that word "Isoma" too.

yoruba man go and rest, you understand nothing about the nonsense you wrote.
Re: Ikwerre People Reply Bini On Whether They're Igbo Or Bini by YorubaForum: 5:04am On May 12
tongue
Whalis:
A true
Ikwerre man will maim you if you taint his identity with Igbo's coloration.
I will tell you a top secret why an Ikwerre man would never agree that he is igbo. An Ikwerre man call an Igbo person Nye Isuoma. The meaning of this is an uncultured person. A servant or most demeaning a nonentity. Identifying with the Igbos means that he is also Isuoma. This is the problem while he won't accept this. I told someone to call Amaechi Isuoma and see if Amaechi wouldn't shoot that person.
Ikwerre has got nothing to do with igbo.
Big Nonsense

"Isoma" Means a non-indigene to any village, it has nothing to do with Igbos in any way..

Whether ikwerre is Igbos or not, we don't really care, we from Delta state we are full proud Igbos, I'm from Abraka so you can continue spewing ur "isoma" rubbish without knowing the meaning.

Even as an Abraka indigene, if I go to owerri town meeting today, they will use "isoma" to identify me, it's not an insult, it means a stranger who visited, a non-indigene.

yoruba and lies are synonymous in nature grin
Re: Ikwerre People Reply Bini On Whether They're Igbo Or Bini by Brenbentondiaz: 7:52am On May 12
AnambraPikinSel:

They want to force jew on themselves because they think they are inferior to Yoruba and Fulanigrin

Not because they think (they don't have the ability to do that), but because they know.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre People Reply Bini On Whether They're Igbo Or Bini by Bendeco2020: 9:13am On May 12
Tflex01:

Keep consoling yoursef. Deep in your mind, you cry on a daily basis for Igbos.

You defeated Igbos in all spheres grin

Because you always sacrifice anything to get favor and votes from north.

Ouside politics, where can yoruba measure dick with Igbos?

Ruling by votes doesn't make you supreme. Can Yoruba beat Igbo in any intellectual or physical competition?

If our president were to be determine by debate or exam. Will yoruba have chance over Igbo? grin grin

Even with the president, can you dominate or make Igbos fear you? Forget talk, yoruba is not a strong tribe

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre People Reply Bini On Whether They're Igbo Or Bini by Tflex01: 9:36am On May 12
Bendeco2020:

Keep consoling yoursef. Deep in your mind, you cry on a daily basis for Igbos.

You deafeated Igbos in all spheres grin

Because you always sacrifice anything to get favor and votes from north.

Ouside politics, where can yoruba measure dick with Igbos?

Ruling by votes doesn't make you supreme. Can Yoruba beat Igbo in any intellectual or physical competition?

If our president were to be determine by debate or exam. Will yoruba have chance over Igbo? grin grin

Even with the president, can you dominate or make Igbos fear you? Forget talk, yoruba is not a strong tribe

You just confirmed everything I said up there. πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

As people that like to brag over every little and mundane thing, Yorubas keep punching you guys good psychological blow and making you sound like clowns anytime you want to chestbeat lol... that is why at least 97% of you lots are showing sign of clinical depression, trying to chestbeat while crying victimization. πŸ˜‚

The biggest problem is, Yorubas will never stop. They are your eternal nemesis. πŸ˜‚

2 Likes

Re: Ikwerre People Reply Bini On Whether They're Igbo Or Bini by Bendeco2020: 9:40am On May 12
Tflex01:

You just confirmed everything I said up there. πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

As people that like to brag over every little and mundane thing, Yorubas keep punching you guys good psychological blow and and making you sound like clowns anytime you want to chestbeat lol... that is why 97% of you lots are showing sign of clinical depression.

The biggest problem is, Yorubas will never stop. They are your eternal nemesis. πŸ˜‚

Yoruba get hand to punch? grin

No one can fear a tribe where common herders came and kill three of their kings like goats and made them submit and sign peace with the killers grin

Na only online una get mouth grin

Igbos are just seeing yoruba as kids and clowns that's why after what happened in lagos during last election, no one reason the matter.

Anytime Igbos take yoruba serious, i pity you people because you don't have the energy.

In the past, when the north usually have crisis with Igbo, both Hausa, Fulani, Kanuri and other minorites usually team up to attack Igbos in there domain. But only yoruba want to fight Igbos cheesy

Hope you have the energy not by mouth

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre People Reply Bini On Whether They're Igbo Or Bini by Tflex01: 9:51am On May 12
Bendeco2020:

Yoruba get hand to punch? grin

No one can fear a tribe where common herders came and kill three of their kings like goats and made them submit and sign peace with the killers grin

Na only online una get mouth grin

Just the way they kill and burn your useless kings like tissue paper everyday but we don't have to talk about them because their existence is not important like the Yoruba kings. πŸ˜‚

πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre People Reply Bini On Whether They're Igbo Or Bini by Bendeco2020: 9:57am On May 12
Tflex01:

Just the way they kill and burn your useless kings like tissue paper everyday but we don't have to talk about them because their existence is not important like the Yoruba kings. πŸ˜‚

πŸ˜‚
@least the Gun men are his brothers not invaders that comes to kill and take over the land.
Re: Ikwerre People Reply Bini On Whether They're Igbo Or Bini by Ttipsy(f): 11:23am On May 12
Igbo
Igbo
Igbo
Everywhere
Re: Ikwerre People Reply Bini On Whether They're Igbo Or Bini by Tflex01: 12:01pm On May 12
Bendeco2020:

@least the Gun men are his brothers not invaders that comes to kill and take over the land.

Keep consoling yourself with nonsense while Fulani herdsmen keep having field day in your land. πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre People Reply Bini On Whether They're Igbo Or Bini by hammer567: 12:39pm On May 12
LOL, IKWERRE IS NOT IGBO BUT WHEN IKWERRE WIKE AND AMAECHI WANTED TO GIVE POWER TO THE SOUTH, BOTH TIMES THEY CHOOSE THOSE THAT ARE IGBO SPEAKERS FROM OPOBA, WHO IS AN IGBO MAN.

WHO DEY FOOL WHO HERE?

YORUBA DEM DONE FOOL U.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYvj4g9zsSU&t=5s
Re: Ikwerre People Reply Bini On Whether They're Igbo Or Bini by SmartyPants(m): 1:05pm On May 12
Whalis:

Bros you won't blame them. The ikwerres have a very rich culture and identity which they the Igbos admire. They hardly betray you . See Amaechi, see Wike including O.K Chinda in HOR just to mention but three. Just come to pH and witness our culture and way of life you will see why igbos want Ikwerre identity. An average Ikwerre man is welcoming and do not crave for questionable wealth. We are just contented with what comes to us through hard work . We speak similar language with the Etche people. We don't tell people Etche is Ikwerre. An Etche man sometimes tell people he is ikwerre but we don't agree. This is the same with Ahoada and even Ogba. An igbo man would have claimed to be Ikwerre but their shame is that they are bigger in size. This is why they turned it to Ikwerre is Igbo. To prove to you which culture is richer tell an Igbo man to give you his word of 'Yes'. It doesn't exist in Igbo language. In Ikwerre Yes is Oweee.

But why do you people bear Igbo sounding names? This is one of the major arguments made to advance the assertion that Ikwerres are Igbo. It's rather convincing so I'm curious.
Re: Ikwerre People Reply Bini On Whether They're Igbo Or Bini by hammer567: 1:07pm On May 12
SmartyPants:

But why do you people bear Igbo sounding names? This is one of the major arguments made to advance the assertion that Ikwerres are Igbo. It's rather convincing so I'm curious.

THEY ARE IGBO NAMES THAT MEAN IDENTICAL THINGS AS IGBO.
Re: Ikwerre People Reply Bini On Whether They're Igbo Or Bini by RansomeKuku: 1:11pm On May 12
hammer567:
Ikwerre people reply Bini on whether they're Igbo or Bini

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk8fj05mVBk
all these ethnic nonsense no dey tire una mteew
Re: Ikwerre People Reply Bini On Whether They're Igbo Or Bini by Makamatic: 1:13pm On May 12
Nothing concern Benin man and ikwerre but ibos they attack them . Obaseki and oba get issues ibos they say oba they do anyhow on tiktok say them go remove am as ganduje remove emir of Kano meanwhile in all these ibos people full new Benin and Ring road they sell market , them never say Benin people disturb them one day or attack them .. the other day hausa man stab ibo trader , na Benin youths carry the matter for head and got justice for the ibo man . But online una go they attack Benin people wey no get una time . Continue
Re: Ikwerre People Reply Bini On Whether They're Igbo Or Bini by hammer567: 1:18pm On May 12
Makamatic:
Nothing concern Benin man and ikwerre but ibos they attack them . Obaseki and oba get issues ibos they say oba they do anyhow on tiktok say them go remove am as ganduje remove emir of Kano meanwhile in all these ibos people full new Benin and Ring road they sell market , them never say Benin people disturb them one day or attack them .. the other day hausa man stab ibo trader , na Benin youths carry the matter for head and got justice for the ibo man . But online una go they attack Benin people wey no get una time . Continue

ANY IGBO ATTACKING BINI IS A DUNCE.

BINI ARE THE ORIGINAL IGBO PEOPLE. THAT IS WHERE IGBO PEOPLE CAME OUT OF AND TILL TOMORROW, IKWERRE, UKWUANI, IKA ANIOMA ONITSHA WIL TELL YOU THEY ARE FROM BINI.

BINI LANGUAGE IS IGBO WITH YORUBA MIX.

THEY ARE OUR BROTHERS, THOUGH SOME IDIOTS NEVER UNDERSTOOD IT.
Re: Ikwerre People Reply Bini On Whether They're Igbo Or Bini by Whalis: 1:19pm On May 12
SmartyPants:

Until you move away from entitlement mentality you won't appreciate God. If you believe the Bible don't you think children of Esau and Jacob may have some similarities? This phenomenon is not only in Nigeria it is all over the world. Sweden, Denmark, Finland and Norway speak similar language but different people. This is the same with Malaysia and Indonesia, Ukraine and Poland, Urhobo and Isoko, Portugal and Spain, Yorubas and Itsekiri and so on. Why you people won't accept this wondrous phenomenon is what we don't know. We are related people but different people.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre People Reply Bini On Whether They're Igbo Or Bini by SmartyPants(m): 1:22pm On May 12
Makamatic:

The thing has been shocking me. Like you have not even finished your quarrel with Yorubas and Fulanis, you now want to add Benin for no reason.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre People Reply Bini On Whether They're Igbo Or Bini by Nyamiriflathed: 1:22pm On May 12
SmartyPants:

Portugese bear similar names and languages to Spaniards. Does that mean Portugese are Spaniards? Same for a Scott and English man..they have similar language, but are different ethnic group.
Re: Ikwerre People Reply Bini On Whether They're Igbo Or Bini by SmartyPants(m): 1:24pm On May 12
Nyamiriflathed:

Portugese bear similar names and languages to Spaniards. Does that mean Portuguese are Spaniards. Same for a Scott and English man..

Similar sounds and similar meaning for the majority of names and words in two languages would be a strong indicator of shared heritage. However i havent concluded either. I merely asked for more information...

So, what do you know about the origin of the Ikwerre?
Re: Ikwerre People Reply Bini On Whether They're Igbo Or Bini by Nyamiriflathed: 1:26pm On May 12
SmartyPants:

Similar sounds and similar meaning for the majority of names and words in two languages would be a strong indicator of shared heritage. However i havent concluded either. I merely asked for more information...

So, what do you know about the origin of the Ikwerre?
Just like the Ika people of Delta, the origin of the Ikwerre is Benin. Ibos (a bigger tribe) migrated into those region, and even some as slaves. They started influencing the local cultures hence the similar names and heritage.
Re: Ikwerre People Reply Bini On Whether They're Igbo Or Bini by hammer567: 1:26pm On May 12
Nyamiriflathed:

Portugese bear similar names and languages to Spaniards. Does that mean Portugese are Spaniards. Same for a Scott and English man..they have similar language, but are different ethnic group.

LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING NOW, IKWERRE ARE FULL IGBO.

ALL THE OTHER GROUPS SURROUNDING IGBO ALL SHARE WORDS WITH THE IGBO LANGUAGE.

THEY ARE IN A WAY ALSO IGBO.

IT IS NOT JUST TWO PIECE WRAPPER, CULTURALLY AND EVEN IN TERMS OF FOOD, WE ARE SIMILAR.

I'M TALKIN ABOUT OUR NEIGHBOURS. THEY FIT YOUR EXAMPLE BUT NOT IKWERRE.
Re: Ikwerre People Reply Bini On Whether They're Igbo Or Bini by hammer567: 1:31pm On May 12
Nyamiriflathed:

Just like the Ika people of Delta, the origin of the Ikwerre is Benin. Ibos (a bigger tribe) migrated into those region, and even some as slaves. They started influencing the local cultures hence the similar names and heritage.

OK DID YOU KNOW BINI SPEAK IGBO WITH YORUBA MIX?

IF BINI SPEAK IGBO AND IGBO CAME FROM BINI, WHERE DID ALL OUR NEIGHBOURS COME FROM, THE SAME BINI AND WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU ABOUT US AS A PEOPLE?

LIKE, I ALWAYS SAY, WE ARE MISEDUCATED IN NIGERIA, WE NEED TO LEARN ABOUT WHO WE ARE AS A PEOPLE FIRST BEFORE ANYTHING.

MOST TIMES THOSE YOU ARE FIGHTING WITH ARE YOUR BROTHERS BUT YOU DONT KNOW.
Re: Ikwerre People Reply Bini On Whether They're Igbo Or Bini by CrossRhodes: 1:32pm On May 12
Paraman:
grin

Ikwerres are not igbos
Yoruba bigot rest kwanu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is 419 in our genes? / Oil Swap Fraud: Aiteo, Alleged Front For GEJ & Diezani, In Buhari’s Cross-hairs / Caretaker Governor Nyesom Wike May Be Removed!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.