Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,710 members, 7,840,776 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Tijanni Babangida's Son Dies As Wife Losses Eye In Accident - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tijanni Babangida's Son Dies As Wife Losses Eye In Accident (53281 Views)

Ibrahim Babangida Dies In Accident, Tijani Babangida & Wife Hospitalized / Emilio Ballack Is Dead! Michael Ballack Son Dies / Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tijanni Babangida's Son Dies As Wife Losses Eye In Accident by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 12:52pm On May 12
Why accident like this are common in Nigeria... I travelled over 129km every for work I hardly see fatal accidents like this, the roads are gallop free big enough to contain 10 cars in different lines. Are the lines are marked, cameras alone will humble you because as u drive above limit na so you will be receiving fine alerts.. only driving licence also will cost you over 2m with months of training... One single mistake ur licence will be flag down and you can't drive again. Tell me why there will be any roads accidents

Nigeria is a country made with weakest brain cells materials from God... Nah only Thief thief and killing we get A1

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tijanni Babangida's Son Dies As Wife Losses Eye In Accident by otipoju(m): 12:55pm On May 12
Segzy19:
Has your investigation revealed the root cause of the accident to be non-use of seatbelt or you are just making a general comment?

It's a general statement. From someone who handled a good number of auto insurance claims...and my street observations.

If I am riding with someone and advice them to put on their seat belts..they laugh as if I am not strong enough or I am afraid.

We don't value our lives in this country
Re: Tijanni Babangida's Son Dies As Wife Losses Eye In Accident by NOwazobia: 1:02pm On May 12
Na wa ooo embarassed
Re: Tijanni Babangida's Son Dies As Wife Losses Eye In Accident by descarado: 1:05pm On May 12
Reminds me of that bankwr thatdued with his family. So sad
Re: Tijanni Babangida's Son Dies As Wife Losses Eye In Accident by Musauzor(m): 1:08pm On May 12
That accident was misdirected. The demons in charge of accidents should have directed the accident to that man troubling Nigerians. You know who I mean?
Re: Tijanni Babangida's Son Dies As Wife Losses Eye In Accident by binary01: 1:11pm On May 12
otipoju:
Nigerians hate seat belts which sole purpose and deliberate design is to save your life and minimize injuries to your body whenever and accident occurs by restraining your body movements so you don't hit your head or limbs on the hard metal parts in the car that may be covered in foam

Some drivers will even cut or dismantle the seat belts. I am very very sure that the one year old child was not in a baby car sear.

Something wey I warn my father in law for sey make e no ever try carry my children without strapping their car seats.

One woman with one child in our church said it was stressful for her to knead the seat belt through the back of the child car seat into the buckle...so she just placed her baby car seat in the car without strapping it down.

So I know how careless we can be and leave everything in the hands of God.

Same wag we would build story buildings without enough cements just to cut costs and then the entire building will just collapse one day and kill its residents.

Our mentality in this country is really not it at all.
annual ko, eye witness, since you were inside the car when it happened to know all these with certainty
Re: Tijanni Babangida's Son Dies As Wife Losses Eye In Accident by Ediffizy: 1:22pm On May 12
I wish you sir speedy recovery
Re: Tijanni Babangida's Son Dies As Wife Losses Eye In Accident by ilyasom(m): 1:26pm On May 12
onadana:

Crazy...that same Kaduna Zaria road claimed the life of my wife.They must have being speeding the road is dualised and good so that temptation to step on the accelerator is there.
sorry bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tijanni Babangida's Son Dies As Wife Losses Eye In Accident by ilyasom(m): 1:27pm On May 12
onadana:

Crazy...that same Kaduna Zaria road claimed the life of my wife guess what?She died with her seat belt on.Seat belt mitigates but doesn't stop.In my wife's case another car rammed into them,while construction was still going on,on that road.They must have being speeding the road is dualised and good so that temptation to step on the accelerator is there.
may her soul RIP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tijanni Babangida's Son Dies As Wife Losses Eye In Accident by ilyasom(m): 1:32pm On May 12
ELKHALIFAISIS:
Why accident like this are common in Nigeria... I travelled over 129km every for work I hardly see fatal accidents like this, the roads are gallop free big enough to contain 10 cars in different lines. Are the lines are marked, cameras alone will humble you because as u drive above limit na so you will be receiving fine alerts.. only driving licence also will cost you over 2m with months of training... One single mistake ur licence will be flag down and you can't drive again. Tell me why there will be any roads accidents

Nigeria is a country made with weakest brain cells materials from God... Nah only Thief thief and killing we get A1
the last paragraph is funny and true
Re: Tijanni Babangida's Son Dies As Wife Losses Eye In Accident by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 1:45pm On May 12
ilyasom:

the last paragraph is funny and true
lol but I talk am as e be
Re: Tijanni Babangida's Son Dies As Wife Losses Eye In Accident by symbianDON(m): 1:52pm On May 12
helinues:
That accident must be fatal

Too bad
You meant to say ghastly... We already know it was fatal.
Re: Tijanni Babangida's Son Dies As Wife Losses Eye In Accident by janeedema(f): 2:05pm On May 12
Did anyone mention to you that they weren’t using seat belts? I guess I missed that in the post?

Now, let me ask:

Don’t people with seat belts strapped die from accidents?

Telling us how careful you are with seat belts and all when you have no inclination what caused the accident makes your message very ill-timed and insensitive.

People do everything right and still meet death. Please, stay humble.

otipoju:
Nigerians hate seat belts which sole purpose and deliberate design is to save your life and minimize injuries to your body whenever and accident occurs by restraining your body movements so you don't hit your head or limbs on the hard metal parts in the car that may be covered in foam

Some drivers will even cut or dismantle the seat belts. I am very very sure that the one year old child was not in a baby car sear.

Something wey I warn my father in law for sey make e no ever try carry my children without strapping their car seats.

One woman with one child in our church said it was stressful for her to knead the seat belt through the back of the child car seat into the buckle...so she just placed her baby car seat in the car without strapping it down.

So I know how careless we can be and leave everything in the hands of God.

Same wag we would build story buildings without enough cements just to cut costs and then the entire building will just collapse one day and kill its residents.

Our mentality in this country is really not it at all.
Re: Tijanni Babangida's Son Dies As Wife Losses Eye In Accident by seunayantokun(m): 2:09pm On May 12
Very sad.
Road accidents happen everywhere in the world but some countries have done lots to reduce them. Nigeria hasn't done anything : you get roadworthiness documents to drive vehicles which are not roadworthy; you're advised to limit your speed because it kills but you don't have speed controlling signs to obey on the road; nobody verifies how medically, psychologically, and legally fit drivers are in Nigeria. Nobody verifies whether they have been trained, examined theoretically and practically and certified qualified to drive. This is how not to live.

1 Like

Re: Tijanni Babangida's Son Dies As Wife Losses Eye In Accident by Curious345: 2:11pm On May 12
Zuba to minna road was never good.. so how did you get the 180km per hours you talked about
ElevationD:
So sad.

The drivers in the north are among the worst in the country…sorry to say. The speed is always excessive. In those days, traveling from Zuba for example to Minna, the drivers would keep the speed @180.
The same on the way to Kaduna, Kano, Maiduguri.

I wish them speedy recovery and may they be comforted.
Re: Tijanni Babangida's Son Dies As Wife Losses Eye In Accident by RickyJesus: 2:27pm On May 12
ElevationD:

So says someone who has never traveled outside his one room apartment.
Anybody that is well traveled won't suggest that a certain region has monopoly of speed.
Re: Tijanni Babangida's Son Dies As Wife Losses Eye In Accident by ElevationD: 2:30pm On May 12
RickyJesus:

Anybody that is well traveled won't suggest that a certain region has monopoly of speed.

That’s how you lot misinterpret issues all the time. Show me where I singled out a region for having monopoly of speed. Are you sure that you do not ave issues with understanding English?
Re: Tijanni Babangida's Son Dies As Wife Losses Eye In Accident by ElevationD: 2:31pm On May 12
Curious345:
Zuba to minna road was never good.. so how did you get the 180km per hours you talked about

Who says? Did you ever travel on the road when it was very smooth riding?

When did you start traveling in the road please?
Or to you the terrible state of the road fell from above?
Re: Tijanni Babangida's Son Dies As Wife Losses Eye In Accident by RickyJesus: 3:11pm On May 12
ElevationD:

That’s how you lot misinterpret issues all the time. Show me where I singled out a region for having monopoly of speed. Are you sure that you do not ave issues with understanding English?
"The drivers in the north are among the worst in the country…sorry to say."

This is you, stop acting idiotic.
Re: Tijanni Babangida's Son Dies As Wife Losses Eye In Accident by MasterTeeUSA: 3:19pm On May 12
Did anyone use seatbelts? Did the child use a car seat? We need to find these out so we can learn from our negligence if none were used ....condolences to the Family...so sad

Celestialsword:

https://dailytrust.com/tijani-babangidas-son-dies-as-wife-loses-eye-in-accident/
Re: Tijanni Babangida's Son Dies As Wife Losses Eye In Accident by ElevationD: 3:31pm On May 12
RickyJesus:

"The drivers in the north are among the worst in the country…sorry to say."

This is you, stop acting idiotic.

“ a certain region has monopoly of speed”.
And these are your words.

How does the word “among the worst” equate to “a. certain”.

If English is too difficult for you to understand, you may write in your native language, if you can.

Mumu!
Re: Tijanni Babangida's Son Dies As Wife Losses Eye In Accident by Curious345: 3:41pm On May 12
99-2007
ElevationD:

Who says? Did you ever travel on the road when it was very smooth riding?

When did you start traveling in the road please?
Or to you the terrible state of the road fell from above?
Re: Tijanni Babangida's Son Dies As Wife Losses Eye In Accident by Sirsunola(m): 3:52pm On May 12
I o
Re: Tijanni Babangida's Son Dies As Wife Losses Eye In Accident by bizzibodi(m): 4:36pm On May 12
Overspending are they trying to out ran d bandits.....it is not good for all family to be inside one car.
Re: Tijanni Babangida's Son Dies As Wife Losses Eye In Accident by bizzibodi(m): 4:49pm On May 12
I remember travelling from Kaduna to Akure for nysc orientation was two days late already,enter night bus at Kaduna after collecting my result @ 16:00hrs....the speed of aboki driver no be hear,even fast & furious crews will beg them to calm down.he drove as if he is handling a bombardier jet.
Re: Tijanni Babangida's Son Dies As Wife Losses Eye In Accident by Arapmoi22: 5:13pm On May 12
Celestialsword:

https://dailytrust.com/tijani-babangidas-son-dies-as-wife-loses-eye-in-accident/

This is a tragic experience.
My condolences to Tijani Babangida.

However, that Buhari made the section between Kaduna and Kano a lovely road to drive does not mean we should be irresponsible in our driving.

My official duty has made me stayed in Kaduna City for 2 years. I do ply that expressway almost everyday. I must confess that the reckless driving in the North is more reckless than I have seen in southwest or in lagos my base.

The speed, overtaking and overloading is second to none.

As per Tijani's case, overtaking and speed are probably the culprits. The rich, pride themselves in darting, meandering on high speed to show the poor how rich and strong their vehicles or suvs are.
The culture of unnecessary speeds and recklessness needed to be looked into.

Again, my condolences to Tijani.
Re: Tijanni Babangida's Son Dies As Wife Losses Eye In Accident by FireUpNow(m): 5:16pm On May 12
This is very tragic! Over speeding is not rules out.
Re: Tijanni Babangida's Son Dies As Wife Losses Eye In Accident by excel101(m): 7:02pm On May 12
We wish Tijani Babangida and his maid speedy recovery
Re: Tijanni Babangida's Son Dies As Wife Losses Eye In Accident by Adek65: 7:23pm On May 12
Ina Lilah wahina ilahi rajihun
May Almighty Allah be with them
Re: Tijanni Babangida's Son Dies As Wife Losses Eye In Accident by higgs: 8:17pm On May 12
Most fatal accidents in Nigeria are caused by overspending.
Excessive speeding kills.People need to understand that there is a reason why there are speed limits
Re: Tijanni Babangida's Son Dies As Wife Losses Eye In Accident by Mryacks: 8:50pm On May 12
Okoroawusa:
This is devastating. How will this family survive this?

I am telling you. A mental and psychological trauma for life... cry...May God strengthen them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ideye Brown Exposed By White Woman, Says He's The Father Of Her Kids / Members Of 1994 Eagles Receive Houses In Abuja (Photos). / Anthony Joshua To Present Belts To Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.