Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,050 members, 7,845,422 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) (69862 Views)

My Death Rumor - Sky B Speaks / Sky B Is Alive, Faked His Death To Revive His Dying Music Career (Photos) / Sky B Involved In A Car Accident (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by Matheusmartin: 1:54pm On May 12
ComeToJesus:

Keep your shi shi
Well wishers are arranging the guy already..
Nonsense.
Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by jamesversion: 1:55pm On May 12
Zonefree:

I think it's N600-N700 back then. One pack can knock down 3 grown men. One pack of it with a bottle of sprite and N500 dried meat was a big flex then.

My guy back den for Uniport drank Vino Tinto and slept for over 10hours straight. That drink is fccking strong.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by bonechamberlain(m): 1:55pm On May 12
Some Nigerians!! Very funny and unbelievable people.

A very touching and heart breaking video about a once popular but now very broke and hungry artiste was made. Instead of sympathies or finding ways to help, people are talking about how vino tinto was cheap, how they flexed back in the day ignoring the real purpose of the video angry

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by ComeToJesus: 1:56pm On May 12
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

I served 2007/2008 in Benue. I hated those songs, I almost died from listening to the songs. Every room, every salon, every damn bus ma bebe will be playing. I will be listening and sobbing in my heart and wondering, who is promoting this thing?

You don't know how you made me laugh with this comment.. grin cheesy 🤣
"You almost died"hearing the song every where?

You funny man..

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by NwaliE01: 1:57pm On May 12
I learnt sky B had attitudinal problem back then. If you invite him for show, him go fit no show up.
Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by Zonefree(m): 1:59pm On May 12
SamuelAnyawu:

Chai Works Layout... 2006 I come check my Girlfriend that side Vikings boys bill me tire embarassed
That one na normal thing back then. Bishop's court, Aladimma, Orji primary school and works layout, if your skin no full, no put body for these areas.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by ViktorCash: 1:59pm On May 12
Life na teacher. Make we learn from other people mistake sad
sharpwriter:

He sounds nice sha... Great melody.
Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by rolams(m): 2:01pm On May 12
Wayward life! Mismanagement of funds.
Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by 1000Capacity: 2:04pm On May 12
MrLibrarian:
did you used to beg then?
Cc BeggingMachine VeryStupidBegge
Send money abeg
Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by BrodaBenad: 2:05pm On May 12
The music I was playing in my university lodge as i had my first sex cheesy
I'm calling by sky b grin

Time flies shocked

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by Verbtips(m): 2:06pm On May 12
Moral lesson:money no be property

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by goodconsience77: 2:06pm On May 12
Empresa:
The guy get lamba, his rap is smooth like western flows
Exactly
Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by ddippset(m): 2:07pm On May 12
kenbee:
Everybody makes mistakes but not everybody gets second opportunity. Let Sky B use this opportunity with every carefulness
Which opportunity?

Dem say e dey for poverty you dey talk of opportunity.

Abi you wan resign am?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by MyExpression(m): 2:07pm On May 12
Millimann:
Song sounded more like 'Mam bebe' .

It was later I got ro realize it was 'my baby'
Till now, I never know say na "my baby".

Omooo, na "man bèbè" I know o!
D oda one concern una

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by NAC1666: 2:12pm On May 12
Rapmoney:
How many of you still remember SkyB? He was very popular back in the days. He did songs like 'My Baby' and 'Pray For Me' which became hits and were vibed to by Nigerians both young and old then. There was no party you would attend then, without SkyB's songs not played.

Today, life is no more rosy for the 'My Baby' crooner. He has moved from something to nothing as the Port-Harcourt born artist now lives in abject poverty.

Popular vlogger, Lucky Udu was with him recently as he shared his story of grace to grass.

Watch the video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY4_kykHAzA
Rumor has it that he sold everything about his music to the record label including the future of the music

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by Truthsandtrusts: 2:13pm On May 12
Rapmoney:
How many of you still remember SkyB? He was very popular back in the days. He did songs like 'My Baby' and 'Pray For Me' which became hits and were vibed to by Nigerians both young and old then. There was no party you would attend then, without SkyB's songs not played.

Today, life is no more rosy for the 'My Baby' crooner. He has moved from something to nothing as the Port-Harcourt born artist now lives in abject poverty.

Popular vlogger, Lucky Udu was with him recently as he shared his story of grace to grass.

Watch the video here:

When you get money try do good,try raise people to be rich as you are so when you fall they can stand for you not social media.

Try also to invest and save because raining day's is real

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by Burruchaga71(m): 2:13pm On May 12
He must stop SMOKING nah

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by ddippset(m): 2:13pm On May 12
"My Baby"was a massive hit,,,

Almost hit like Africa Queen if not the same.

Lyrics were wack but the melody and beat was nice...

He deserves to earn some fortune from that song.

I wish he can get on his feet, even if it's something not too big.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by femi4: 2:16pm On May 12
pyyxxaro:
Hunger won finish the guy right now 😫, He stays around Elioz ( Rukpakulusi area )
He's irresponsible n indiscipline
Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by Maj196(m): 2:24pm On May 12
Poverty makes you look 20 years older than your age. Tufia

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by bdon123(m): 2:25pm On May 12
brain54:
My baby, my baby, my baby...

Lol. The guy music rock the airwaves and clubs for Jos that year.

Somehow I hated that song but got used to listening to it due to massive airplay.

Very repetitive lyrics... Only thing I kept hearing was "my baby" grin

Those days was fun Sha.

Just getting to know he is from PH now... I always used to think he was from Jos or a northerner because of the way they played that music that year.

These new generation crop of musicians are really enjoying... One hit and you done blow. Unlike the older set who had hits and still struggling to survive!
Very stupid song as of that time but ofcourse nobody let us hear word wit d song

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by wetdspace(m): 2:25pm On May 12
The owner of that shirt Azzure needs to sue Microsoft oo.

Anyway this was a good music back then…and this is the first time I’m watching the video.
May God show mercy on him again.

Rapmoney:
Sky B - I'm Calling (My Baby)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1ZvbIhg-xo&pp=ygUQc2t5IGIgYW0gY2FsbGluZw%3D%3D

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by Kaido: 2:28pm On May 12
Bullfallo:
lol. I think 500 back then. While beer was 70. That wine is 9k-10k right now and beer 1k

I remember buying 2 bottles of baron de dal (#700 each bottle) for me and my girlfriend with full barbequed chicken. I felt like a king ;Dq

A bottle of Calypso + tin peak milk is not more than N500

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by ruggedtimi(m): 2:28pm On May 12
Last time i saw him was around 2009/2010. At ph stadium he was performing, but duncan might was the guest artist. By the time Duncan mighty came,sky b follow run along with the fans to welcome duncan

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by Mummiesboy: 2:29pm On May 12
Nawa oh! Person don old oh I remember the music that year 2006 with my new girl then. Floxy club for ekpan(warri) no let us hear word

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by stanlink(m): 2:32pm On May 12
Mother nature knows how to pay the dubious and proud back,
I paid him back then in 2007 for my show and he never showed up after collecting my #55,000; instead he and his gang started threatening my young Brother and collaborated with their records label to size all his songs

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by Bizibi(m): 2:40pm On May 12
Bullfallo:
lol. I think 500 back then. While beer was 70. That wine is 9k-10k right now and beer 1k
I don really forget say beer was once 70,Delta boys dey down crate that era. I never liked the song but every single CD store played that song even the restaurant I always eat Banga and starch must play that song.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by Jflex07(m): 2:44pm On May 12
2005/ 2006 was when this music came around.I remember say I been dey prepare for WAEC by then. This song was a household name in port Harcourt city. When you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by Regie2bless: 2:44pm On May 12
Rapmoney:

Watch the video here:

Fame is like weather it comes and go. Even our artist currently are still making same mistake, person go sing one song, d next thing na to go buy wristwatch of 200 million naira, no planing for d rainy days. People are vibing to their music now, tomorrow story go change.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by maasoap(m): 2:51pm On May 12
Righthussle:
Please I want to us this opportunity to warn RCCG members to stop asking me, "what's happening to the Naira" ? Please forward that question to your daddy G O who made a decree for Naira to rise since 2016 when 1$ was equal to #356.

Has it not risen to 1500 from 356 naira now?
Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by Wuminity(f): 2:52pm On May 12
Rapmoney:

Watch the video here:

His song is one of my favorite old school songs. 😢

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tiwa Savage Expresses Her Feelings After Partying With Wizkid / May Edochie Replies Husband, Yul, After He Publicly Asked For Her Forgiveness / Actors Guild Of Nigeria: Regina Daniels’ Baby Is ‘Nollywood Baby Of The Year'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.