Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,964 members, 7,838,441 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) (69474 Views)

My Death Rumor - Sky B Speaks / Sky B Is Alive, Faked His Death To Revive His Dying Music Career (Photos) / Sky B Involved In A Car Accident (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by Greenfaces: 1:34pm On May 12
Zonefree:

I think it's N600-N700 back then. One pack can knock down 3 grown men. One pack of it with a bottle of sprite and N500 dried meat was a big flex then.
I hope you remembered to buy lands then?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by sunshine1974(m): 1:35pm On May 12
All he needs right now is money to put his life together, not music. They should just find a way of giving him money to set up a business, going back to music right now is suicide. In his time, you do t need to be that good to make it in the industry. Music today is no longer a joke.

Crowd fund him and set up a business for him that's it.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by toprealman: 1:36pm On May 12
If he didn’t sign his life away, doing a remix is a go way to start.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by 82man: 1:36pm On May 12
Laman Vino Tinto Merlot 75 cl
₦4,770.00 to ₦5,430.00,☺️
Rapmoney:

Vino Tinto, cheap red wine wey wan finish boys back then. Chai, memories.
Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by SamuelAnyawu(m): 1:37pm On May 12
Zonefree:

His songs were released few weeks to valentine's day. It was on everyone's lips that period.

Links hotel was everyone's favourite back then. The money I spent on Vino Tinto in that hotel should be enough to sponsor 6 Nigerian girls in the university now.

Omo Vino Tinto that drink that year.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by 2shure: 1:37pm On May 12
That was when naija dj used to play dmx and mase songs at parties . The year of baggy jeans and timbs boot.i rem the useless wack song,then after the song dem go play nigga raw.the fuc k

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by DonroxyII: 1:37pm On May 12
brain54:
My baby, my baby, my baby...

Lol. The guy music rock the airwaves and clubs for Jos that year.

Somehow I hated that song but got used to listening to it due to massive airplay.

Very repetitive lyrics... Only thing I kept hearing was "my baby" grin

Those days was fun Sha.

Just getting to know he is from PH now... I always used to think he was from Jos or a northerner because of the way they played that music that year.

These new generation crop of musicians are really enjoying... One hit and you done blow. Unlike the older set who had hits and still struggling to survive!
Online ni ooo ...
Many people are now lovers of music & By Gen Z, Their Children "Gen Alpha" would be madder thus Much Money for Music !!
Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by MrLibrarian(m): 1:37pm On May 12
Zonefree:

His songs were released few weeks to valentine's day. It was on everyone's lips that period.

Links hotel was everyone's favourite back then. The money I spent on Vino Tinto in that hotel should be enough to sponsor 6 Nigerian girls in the university now.
attention seeking fool.
Why must your life all be centered on girls?
You simpish idiot, You could have just said Nigerian students

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by Mirasteel: 1:38pm On May 12
His song was booming back then everywhere, I remember watching "my baby" video on a music channel back then, it's been so long.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by TableLeg(m): 1:38pm On May 12
If i be record label, i go dump am too.
E no too sabi.
Everything nah time and chance.
His lack of substance made him unsustainable.
I wish him well still. smiley
Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by Eternitymedia88: 1:39pm On May 12
Drank two packs of Vino Tinto that year at my hostel room with my homies Ntu and Cosi Cosi.
First time I was sucker punched so brutally by an alcoholic drink.
Cosi brought six packs of the motherfucker drink from PH as a journey present. The three man party started.

Ntu was off after one pack, I was in the last glass of my second pack, couldn't finish that glass cos I would drink and spit it back into the glass.
Cosi managed to find his way downstairs to his room after finishing his two packs. Vino knocked my lights off like a a bang.

Woke up next morning with a massive hangover, ate fried yam, bread and cocoa drink.

I moped like a zombie for almost 36 hours.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by MrLibrarian(m): 1:39pm On May 12
1000Capacity:

Danm I used to listen to his song well. If it were In the USA, he'll be enjoying royalty from his music
did you used to beg then?
Cc BeggingMachine VeryStupidBegge
Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by SamuelAnyawu(m): 1:40pm On May 12
Zonefree:

Cradle hotel na still new hotel. For that works layout, there's Summer suite hotel. That's the first club house in owerri, na where ashawo start for Owerri be that.

Chai Works Layout... 2006 I come check my Girlfriend that side Vikings boys bill me tire embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by 6ixT8: 1:40pm On May 12
I can still sing this song 80% off head.

Good all days.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by smasher1(m): 1:40pm On May 12
brain54:

Somehow I hated that song but got used to listening to it due to massive airplay.

Those days was fun Sha.

Just getting to know he is from PH now... I always used to think he was from Jos or a northerner because of the way they played that music that year.

These new generation crop of musicians are really enjoying... One hit and you done blow. Unlike the older set who had hits and still struggling to survive!

The same thing would happen to them if they don't plan with the money. Note that some footballers like Amokachi had so much money, private jets and are now lobbying to coach the Nigerian team both senior and junior team or just to be advisers. We all were once rich and must ensure we make wise use/investment of the money so we don't become broke in the future.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by SamuelAnyawu(m): 1:41pm On May 12
Malroux:
It has been long, how's bishop court, Camp David and back gate side now? Have you gone to that side of recent?
l

Bishop Court.... Chai stayed with my cousin in 2002 looking for admission in one 4in1 hostel, if I still got the name right.

African boys no let person rest in that area

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by SweetDipBenny(m): 1:42pm On May 12
Timaya should help him

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by MrLibrarian(m): 1:43pm On May 12
ObaKlaz:
Na dat sapa blue coat wey him dey wear now dey pain me pass.

Him come resemble Charles Inojie now.
😀😀😀
I didn't really take much consideration to his coats but as the camera man dragged the camera down I come see slippers with blue socks, laugh wan kill me ehn

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by Curious345: 1:43pm On May 12
pyyxxaro:
Hunger won finish the guy right now 😫, He stays around Elioz ( Rukpakusi area )
send me his number I wanna sign him ..

He could release banger songs for me against Wike

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by ComeToJesus: 1:43pm On May 12
Matheusmartin:
Since the music didn't pay very well, shouldn't he look for another hustle

No body is donating shi-shi to him.

Keep your shi shi
Well wishers are arranging the guy already..

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by SamuelAnyawu(m): 1:44pm On May 12
We really jam to this Music in ANSU Uli that year....

Then Timaya even came to my school I think 2006 when e never hammer..

Yahoozeeeee to finish guys....

ANSU days.....

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by realoscar84(m): 1:45pm On May 12
Jos carry that track for head like state anthem that year. Year 2007/2008 if I'm not mistaken. One of my neighbours at katako junction made me hate the track. Before going to bed, my baby must play, at the dawn of a new day, my baby must be blasting from his speakers and to make matter worse, his room was directly opposite ours. Over joy when he finally packed out.

brain54:

Those days was fun Sha.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by TheBTCinvestor: 1:46pm On May 12
pyyxxaro:
Hunger won finish the guy right now 😫, He stays around Elioz ( Rukpakusi area )

U dey PH? My house dey close to Eliozu
Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by MrLibrarian(m): 1:48pm On May 12
jaszplus12:

Just wondering where the dancers in this video are now and what they made of their lives and what they think about themselves when they watch this video!!
grin grin grin
grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by blowjohn(m): 1:48pm On May 12
Rapmoney:

I bought it N300 in 2006. I should be in my final year in the university or probably just graduated then.

omo u old o.
But then I cud finish 1 pack( at least I did that once or twice)

My guy that tried it vomited back then in school.

Vino tinto was the easiest way to have red wine I school sha.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 1:49pm On May 12
SlayQueenSlayer:

Same thing as Imo State. Dem be wan take that song kill us for camp that year. I was so happy when camp was over thinking I was leaving it behind not knowing that his songs were all over the place.
I served 2007/2008 in Benue. I hated those songs, I almost died from listening to the songs. Every room, every salon, every damn bus ma bebe will be playing. I will be listening and sobbing in my heart and wondering, who is promoting this thing?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by Curious345: 1:49pm On May 12
Zonefree:

I think it's N600-N700 back then. One pack can knock down 3 grown men. One pack of it with a bottle of sprite and N500 dried meat was a big flex then.
twas ₦500

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by iLoveYouToo(m): 1:50pm On May 12
brain54:

Me and my drinking pally bolaji...

Settle down drink 5 packs of vino at a sitting that year.

I still drive go house... At two kilometers per hour. Because bolaji dey tell me say we Don high so make I slow down. Na bolaji come dey hold steering dey control and tell me how to drive o. Na me dey control pedals. The funny thing be say bolaji no even Sabi drive o. grin

I go house that day and sleep that night till the next day evening without waking up.

The hangover was mad!

😂

Vino Tinto was legendary

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by DonroxyII: 1:50pm On May 12
Oblongata:
Life happens!
He resemble Rotimi Amaechi !

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by obinna58(m): 1:52pm On May 12
I’m I the only one who still have his song on my phone
Damn I was still in primary 6 then

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by ComeToJesus: 1:53pm On May 12
In Asaba that year, before God called me into a better life, Grand Hotel Wednesday nights, this My baby jam was the banger.

My homie had to beg me to drop the CD. The airplay was mind-blowing..
Acceptance was massive..
But the cheddar was eluding niggar..

There's an effort to dust up the guy now.

Wishing you the best Sky B.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Singer, Sky B's Grace To Grass Story (Video) by Empresa: 1:54pm On May 12
The guy get lamba, his rap is smooth like western flows

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Omotola Vs Eniola Badmus: Yvonne Jegede Reacts To Omotola Ekeinde’s Interview / Davido’s Son Models For Mario And Juliet As Brand Ambassador, Hours After Birth / Uche Ogbodo: Doctors Said I May Die Soon While Suffering From Angioedema

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.