Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,286 members, 7,846,306 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv (67216 Views)

Arin BBNaija: I Knew People Would Judge My Appearance On The Show / Cee-cCs Sister Replies Uriel: I Never Knew How Many Demons She Has Been Fighting / #bbnaija2018: Miracle And Nina Knew Themselves Before Coming To The House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by DaddyYankee: 2:23pm On May 12
helinues:
Cable na waste of money. Just get unlimited internet and you are good to go

The major global media are on YouTube to stream live, there are several websites to stream sporting activities live
Drop 2 good live sport websites thank you.
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by DaddyYankee: 2:24pm On May 12
Rich4god:

I used a live football match app on my phone, then casted the view on my smart TV.

Apps like Yasine, livefooty and plenty others stream football live on your mobile phone.
Please how can i cast the view on my smart TV? Cause it seems you have to subscribe for the casting
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by LadyExcellency: 2:26pm On May 12
Rich4god:

There is no need to argue. Get a smart TV, stream a movie on YouTube or Netflix, and then get the resolution.

I have an Android TV for them, it has DSTV and everything that is streamable (premium). Watching one football match on HD TV or 4K takes one to 1.5 GB.
Do you want them to be watching the programmes with a loose scanning raster (144px by 144px) on a very large screen?

2 Likes

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by doggedfighter(f): 2:30pm On May 12
folake4u:

DG please.😂😂😂😂

It's always bro here 😂

Why oh why !
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Rich4god(m): 2:33pm On May 12
MMempire:

Very apt.

You need to see how i was happy internally when I oned my TV today, cos I knw there plenty channel waiting for me. After I came back from church, I searched for EWTN on youtube and watched the pope live afternoon audience. Nothing beats that control without fear of monthly expiration.

10 Likes

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Rich4god(m): 2:35pm On May 12
DaddyYankee:
Please how can i cast the view on my smart TV? Cause it seems you have to subscribe for the casting

You dont have to subscribe for casting. Once your phone have casting feature. you open the casting feature on your tv then use it to search for your phone. Once connected just like bluetooth, what ever that is showing on your phone will be displayed on your TV.

Simple.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by gold360(m): 2:36pm On May 12
can I do this on my Samsung flat screen 32 inches TV of 2014 model ? . It does not have YouTube feature
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by djon78(m): 2:47pm On May 12
Rich4god:

I used a live football match app on my phone, then casted the view on my smart TV.

Apps like Yasine, livefooty and plenty others stream football live on your mobile phone.

Thanks for this information

I recently discovered I was ghosting using DStv

Recently discovered the power of my Smart HD TV

I also subscribed to monthly unlimited data

Was looking for how to watch yesterday's games

Just downloaded livefooty
And it's awesome

Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by djon78(m): 2:48pm On May 12
DaddyYankee:
Drop 2 good live sport websites thank you.

Livefooty and yasine

3 Likes

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by techgen(m): 2:48pm On May 12
poiZon:

U dey play, Tinubu will do 8yrs which will be 16yrs of APC, then if he handover to Shettima, forget it, na another 16yrs loading.
Bookmark this...

Lolz…Apc BaT wouldn’t win 2027.
His policies are not adding up…everybody Dey hear am…there would be mass revolt.

#just watch

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by nicho450(m): 2:50pm On May 12
Rich4god:

Thank you
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by 1x2x3: 2:57pm On May 12
Fibonacci88:
Hahaha. Thank God u have seen the light. When I told my wife I will no longer substitute dstv she was angry. But now she doesn't allow me handle remote unless it's a football game. Thanks to an IPTV I subscribed to. Endless movies and shows for the family and kid. Once u get data forget it u don't need datv

Which IPTV are you using and what's the monthly cost?
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Emmanuelsun0001: 3:28pm On May 12
Enjoy yourself dey go, las las Dstv go learn when everyone is not more subscribing to their trick anymore.

decatalyst:
You just dey discover say it saves cost to stream?

I have successfully stopped subscribing on GoTV since 6-7years now. Why did I stop?
I remember I subscribed that month and discovered that the channels didn't fully load. I called their contact center and I was told they have removed the channels.

The lady that picked the call sounded so nonchalant, and that the remover is their choice and no need to inform the customer. I stopped subscribing the next month. They have called me tire since then, offered me incentives and inducements, I haven't changed my decision.

Monthly, I simply activate MTN's 200GB on my 5G router and enjoy movies of choice, YouTube, football etc.

I like the be in control and doing streaming gives me control cuz I have not subscription running whether I watch or not. I can also control my data usage. Some months, nah 110GB I use, some 150GB and I just roll over the data.

Since I saw the increase in bouquet I just dey laugh 😄

1 Like

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by CrossRhodes: 3:55pm On May 12
nabiz:
i tell you. Not really my family member oo. The just visited from my village and no job yet
Oh ok
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by techgen(m): 4:02pm On May 12
With starlink and smart tvs becoming more popular and cheaper…people will definitely abandon all these paid tvs…and even start offering free Wi-Fi to neighborhood.

The future will definitely be interesting…

14 Likes

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by folake4u(f): 4:05pm On May 12
doggedfighter:

It's always bro here 😂

Why oh why !

Don't mind them. As if they didn't see the "F" monicker there. 😂😂
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by GloriousGbola: 4:07pm On May 12
doggedfighter:

It's always bro here 😂

Why oh why !

Whadup bro.

How's it hanging.

Let's hang out some time

1 Like

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Rich4god(m): 4:20pm On May 12
folake4u:

Don't mind them. As if they didn't see the "F" monicker there. 😂😂

Except you are in romance section or someone is trolling you, most of them time members hardly look at the "M/F" attached to a monicker.
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Habayomie(m): 4:37pm On May 12
michlins:
The day you will discover IPTV, I don't know what you will do.

Combine it with Airtel 35k unlimited data plan monthly, you're set for family enjoyment
No lies

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Habayomie(m): 4:41pm On May 12
michlins:
The day you will discover IPTV, I don't know what you will do.

Combine it with Airtel 35k unlimited data plan monthly, you're set for family enjoyment
No lies,
Over 5000 channels

2 Likes

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by strangest(m): 4:48pm On May 12
Rich4god:
For more than 2 years I have been consistently subscribing to DSTV, from last year march till last month, I was on price lock on 9k for compact. No doubt I was actually enjoying dstv especially premier league football.

So my subscription expired last week and I checked the new price for compact, it was 15k+. Geskiya I said I can't be subscribing again. The money is too much. Thanks almost 180k per year.

So yesterday, I was at home, was now playing around with my TV apps, what I saw really amazed me.

There are plenty apps that shows children movies, another ones shows action films, though old, but they are interesting. There is an afroland TV that shows Nigerian movies. This afroland shows live France 24 news. There is Plex TV that shows live channels and still have movies too.

Then I discovered that Al Jazeera, channels TV and some other news channels shows live on YouTube. Worst of it all is that, on YouTube there are some personal channels that have full videos on movies both foreign and locals, with very recent cartoons.

Then I said let me test the cast option. Lo and behold, when man city match started, I used a stream app to watch football on my phone then I now casted it to TV. O boy, everything clear.

I watched Man city, Tottenham and Chelsea matches.

When I was leaving the house after Chelsea match, I checked my data, despite connecting it to my TV since morning, I didn't blow up to 4g.

So if I used that my 9k I was using to subscribe to DSTV compact and buy Airtel 22g for 5k, I will be on unlimited streaming till month end.

Watch at you own space.

In addition, some of these documentaries that is been shown on nat geographic gold and wild, discovery channel, investigation ID, there episodes are there on YouTube. All you need is to search for it.

My brothers and sisters....

Bye bye to DSTV and other paid TV.

In addition, there is a radio app on the smart TV that brings to you plenty radio channels both home and abroad. What I haven't confirmed is if it's live or pre recorded.

You can still get 40Gb on your Airtel with 5k... Ask me how

1 Like

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by brightDdon(m): 4:53pm On May 12
Ezmans:
na cinema house?

😂😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

I couldn't hold back the laughter.

1 Like

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by doggedfighter(f): 4:58pm On May 12
GloriousGbola:

Whadup bro.

How's it hanging.

Let's hang out some time

Folake4u come and hold GloriousGbola for me ,abeg

E say na whadup,bro😂😂😂
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Rich4god(m): 5:01pm On May 12
Habayomie:

No lies,
Over 5000 channels

Boss... How do i get this IPTV, How does it work.

Does it work on TV abi na for phone.
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by folake4u(f): 5:04pm On May 12
doggedfighter:

Folake4u come and hold GloriousGbola for me ,abeg

E say na whadup,bro😂😂😂

Allow am na.

Una suppose hangout drink small tout and Nkwobi. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by folake4u(f): 5:05pm On May 12
Rich4god:

Except you are in romance section or someone is trolling you, most of them time members hardly look at the "M/F" attached to a monicker.

Hmmm. I always notice the M/F monicker. If it's not there, then I assume it's mostly F.
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by doggedfighter(f): 5:09pm On May 12
folake4u:

Allow am na.

Una suppose hangout drink small tout and Nkwobi. grin grin

Ehh ,na sooo 😂😂

Let me accept bro
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Rich4god(m): 5:13pm On May 12
folake4u:

Hmmm. I always notice the M/F monicker. If it's not there, then I assume it's mostly F.

If its not there, how will you assume its female... Even when males are behind some of the F that you are seeing.

3 Likes

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by poiZon: 5:17pm On May 12
techgen:

Lolz…Apc BaT wouldn’t win 2027.
His policies are not adding up…everybody Dey hear am…there would be mass revolt.

#just watch
By who? yorubas, Hausas, kanuris, ibibios, efiks, igbos?

Ghanaians abi benenoise?
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Fibonacci88: 5:22pm On May 12
1x2x3:

Which IPTV are you using and what's the monthly cost?
I don't know the name o. But I got it via someone here on nairaland. 3k monthly subscription for endless channels and thousands of movies and series. Just check the tv session u should be able to connect with someone.

1 Like

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by johnog4sure: 5:31pm On May 12
nabiz:
yes as a worker it is better unlike a man with family that will live tx on from morning till night.

Also pray that you don't get addicted with watching high definition content like me
I have a family but we always working even my kids in the shop with their mum, I think this will serve

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Lady Walks Unclad On Stage At 3 Thrones Concert In Lagos [PICS+VIDEO] / BBNaija: The Housemates That Nominated Laycon For Eviction / How Much That Was Made On Big Brother Naija Show 2018 (An Estimate)

Viewing this topic: Nodogragra4me(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.