Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,970 members, 7,838,460 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv (65944 Views)

Arin BBNaija: I Knew People Would Judge My Appearance On The Show / Cee-cCs Sister Replies Uriel: I Never Knew How Many Demons She Has Been Fighting / #bbnaija2018: Miracle And Nina Knew Themselves Before Coming To The House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Bullfallo(m): 11:59am On May 12
Rich4god:

The funny thing is, when you subscribed for the lowest bouquet, you won't see any reasonable channel, so what's the need.
news. Or sub the yenga. There is mmnet, discovery, wildlife, sport and music
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Bullfallo(m): 12:01pm On May 12
Koralords:
Everybody is selling there dstv don people would close shop soon people are angry, my dad just bought sltv and he watched all champions league and premiership matches, have sworn never to recharge my dstv
Between i need good streaming sites
i heard the delay dstv would have shouted goal then 10-15 minutes later before you shout go.

7 Likes

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by GEJDHERO: 12:22pm On May 12
helinues:
Cable na waste of money. Just get unlimited internet and you are good to go

The major global media on on YouTube to stream live, there are several websites to stream sporting activities live
WHICH UNLIMITED INTERNET CAN U RECOMMEND
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Rich4god(m): 12:23pm On May 12
Fibonacci88:
Hahaha. Thank God u have seen the light. When I told my wife I will no longer substitute dstv she was angry. But now she doesn't allow me handle remote unless it's a football game. Thanks to an IPTV I subscribed to. Endless movies and shows for the family and kid. Once u get data forget it u don't need datv

Abeg, how do I get this IPTV.
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by tuoyoojo(m): 12:24pm On May 12
God help u if u have a 65 inches ultra high definition TV.

It does to data what V8 engine does to fuel

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Rich4god(m): 12:24pm On May 12
Bullfallo:
news. Or sub the yenga. There is mmnet, discovery, wildlife, sport and music

O boy, forget, nothing dey that yanga wey I dey talk about.

1 Like

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by princepee: 12:25pm On May 12
nabiz:
yes it is better as a worker but not for someone with family. My tv is always on from 5:30 am to 12midnght
your children don't go to school?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by SpecialAdviser(m): 12:27pm On May 12
Rich4god:
For more than 2 years I have been consistently subscribing to DSTV, from last year march till last month, I was on price lock on 9k for compact. No doubt I was actually enjoying dstv especially premier league football.

So my subscription expired last week and I checked the new price for compact, it was 15k+. Geskiya I said I can't be subscribing again. The money is too much. Thanks almost 180k per year.

So yesterday, I was at home, was now playing around with my TV apps, what I saw really amazed me.

There are plenty apps that shows children movies, another ones shows action films, though old, but they are interesting. There is an afroland TV that shows Nigerian movies. This afroland shows live France 24 news. There is Plex TV that shows live channels and still have movies too.

Then I discovered that Al Jazeera, channels TV and some other news channels shows live on YouTube. Worst of it all is that, on YouTube there are some personal channels that have full videos on movies both foreign and locals, with very recent cartoons.

Then I said let me test the cast option. Lo and behold, when man city match started, I used a stream app to watch football on my phone then I now casted it to TV. O boy, everything clear.

I watched Man city, Tottenham and Chelsea matches.

When I was leaving the house after Chelsea match, I checked my data, despite connecting it to my TV since morning, I didn't blow up to 4g.

So if I used that my 9k I was using to subscribe to DSTV compact and buy Airtel 22g for 5k, I will be on unlimited streaming till month end.

Watch at you own space.

In addition, some of these documentaries that is been shown on nat geographic gold and wild, discovery channel, investigation ID, there episodes are there on YouTube. All you need is to search for it.

My brothers and sisters....

Bye bye to DSTV and other paid TV.

In addition, there is a radio app on the smart TV that brings to you plenty radio channels both home and abroad. What I haven't confirmed is if it's live or pre recorded.
Is this applicable to all televisions. This app comes with TV right?
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Rich4god(m): 12:31pm On May 12
SpecialAdviser:

Is this applicable to all televisions. This app comes with TV right?

I think it's applicable to all smart TV.

If you have a smart TV, you should have the app.
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by GEJDHERO: 12:39pm On May 12
michlins:
The day you will discover IPTV, I don't know what you will do.

Combine it with Airtel 35k unlimited data plan monthly, you're set for family enjoyment
is it really unlimited and besides it breaks andf freezes

3 Likes

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by manmade(m): 12:43pm On May 12
Someone has advertised for Airtel data and another for MTN data , let's wait for the GLO data advert

7 Likes

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by LadyExcellency: 12:45pm On May 12
Rich4god:

Even as a family, there is every tendency that you won't finish 40gb data in a month on streaming. And to get 40 GB, it costs an average of 10k.

My boy in primary school uses more than 40 GB of data in a month. What kind of resolution will be less than 40GB with constant streaming that is capable of replacing cable TV?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by SpecialAdviser(m): 12:49pm On May 12
Rich4god:

I think it's applicable to all smart TV.

If you have a smart TV, you should have the app.
You obviously need to update your post with this information
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by teewhydope(m): 12:49pm On May 12
LadyExcellency:

My boy in primary school uses more than 40 GB of data in a month. What kind of resolution will be less than 40GB with constant streaming that is capable of replacing cable TV?

Why not just get starlink

5 Likes

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by engrchykae(m): 12:51pm On May 12
Multi choice will die by the hands of Smart TVs.
Power holding, NEPA and the rest will die by the hands of solar energy.
Every one that ever oppressed Nigerians will surely die.
Ask Nokia (when they were playing us with java and symbian nonsense)where are they now?
BlackBerry refused to carry everybody along, sticking to their bbm,where are they now?
There was a time pdp thought they owned Nigeria and even boasted that the party will rule for 60years not knowing that it will be 16 years.
APC is doing anyhow now it will soon be history,it will not even get to pdp's 16 years

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Rich4god(m): 12:57pm On May 12
SpecialAdviser:

You obviously need to update your post with this information

From the heading, I said smart TV.... I didn't mention all types of TVs.

3 Likes

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Rich4god(m): 12:59pm On May 12
engrchykae:
Ask Nokia (when they were playing us with java and symbian nonsense)where are they now?
BlackBerry refused to carry everybody along, sticking to their bbm,where are they now?
There was a time pdp thought they owned Nigeria and even boasted that the party will rule for 60years not knowing that it will be 16 years.
APC is doing anyhow now it will soon be history,it will not even get to pdp's 16 years

That solar of a thing is already happening. If not for the initial cost of solar, who go sey talk about nepa. Go to asaba now, almost all the average household have solar panel installed.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Rich4god(m): 1:00pm On May 12
LadyExcellency:

There is no need to argue. Get a smart TV, stream a movie on YouTube or netflix, then get the resolution.

2 Likes

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by otosa(m): 1:02pm On May 12
Welcome to the league and take this one as a bonus. https://ridomovies.tv

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by SpecialAdviser(m): 1:02pm On May 12
Rich4god:

From the heading, I said smart TV.... I didn't mention all types of TVs.
I just saw it.
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by CrossRhodes: 1:19pm On May 12
nabiz:
yes it is better as a worker but not for someone with family. My tv is always on from 5:30 am to 12midnght
That's too much TV time for your family members....

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by poiZon: 1:38pm On May 12
engrchykae:
U dey play, Tinubu will do 8yrs which will be 16yrs of APC, then if he handover to Shettima, forget it, na another 16yrs loading.
Bookmark this...

1 Like

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Godspikin: 1:39pm On May 12
decatalyst:
You just dey discover say it saves cost to stream?

I have successfully stopped subscribing on GoTV since 6-7years now. Why did I stop?
I remember I subscribed that month and discovered that the channels didn't fully load. I called their contact center and I was told they have removed the channels.

The lady that picked the call sounded so nonchalant, and that the remover is their choice and no need to inform the customer. I stopped subscribing the next month. They have called me tire since then, offered me incentives and inducements, I haven't changed my decision.

Monthly, I simply activate MTN's 200GB on my 5G router and enjoy movies of choice, YouTube, football etc.

I like the be in control and doing streaming gives me control cuz I have not subscription running whether I watch or not. I can also control my data usage. Some months, nah 110GB I use, some 150GB and I just roll over the data.

Since I saw the increase in bouquet I just dey laugh 😄

How much does the 200g cost please?
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Godspikin: 1:44pm On May 12
Fibonacci88:
Hahaha. Thank God u have seen the light. When I told my wife I will no longer substitute dstv she was angry. But now she doesn't allow me handle remote unless it's a football game. Thanks to an IPTV I subscribed to. Endless movies and shows for the family and kid. Once u get data forget it u don't need datv

How does it work, is it an app?
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by peleson1: 1:47pm On May 12
Cool bro .
Welcome on board
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Ezmans: 2:00pm On May 12
nabiz:
na cinema house?

7 Likes

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by nabiz(m): 2:01pm On May 12
Ezmans:
na cinema house?
na children na. Even family visitors lol
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by DaddyYankee: 2:02pm On May 12
Rich4god:

My brother, nothing new o.

My fav channels are nat geo wild, national geographic, real time, discovery ID, Al Jazeera then football matches. Aside for al Jazeera that is shown live on YouTube, all the programmes shown in the above listed channels can be found on YouTube. What else do I need.

Like you said... It feels gud to be in control.
Please how do i watch Disco ery ID channels on YouTube or how to search them or which channel shows them?
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by nabiz(m): 2:05pm On May 12
CrossRhodes:

That's too much TV time for your family members....
i tell you. Not really my family member oo. The just visited from my village and no job yet

2 Likes

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Rich4god(m): 2:09pm On May 12
DaddyYankee:
Please how do i watch Disco ery ID channels on YouTube or how to search them or which channel shows them?

YOu wont get discovery channel live, but on youtube, you can search for the particular program you want to watch.

Take for instance, on Nat Geo Wild, there are programs like "Savage Kingdom", "Animal Fight Night", "Predators vs Prey".

All you need to do is to go to youtube and search for the programs, you will see them episode by episode.

1 Like

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Seunpapa65: 2:15pm On May 12
Multichoice will soon be a history no doubt

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by MMempire(m): 2:23pm On May 12
doggedfighter:
More people are discovering that it doesn't guzzle data that much.

That's the fear of many and with the increase in price many are exploring and coming to the realisation that it's better after all.

If for nothing else the ability to be in control is well worth it.

Even with the increase it's always same programmes and movies nothing new.
Very apt.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

15 Movies You Ought To Have Watched In The First Quarter Of This Year / Jeffrey Akoh Is The Winner Of Mtn Project Fame 8.0(photos) / “I Am Sorry” – Bolanle Ninalowo Makes Confession About His Role In Extraction 2

Viewing this topic: gifted21(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.