Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,773 members, 7,851,636 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:15 AM

I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv (68076 Views)

Arin BBNaija: I Knew People Would Judge My Appearance On The Show / Cee-cCs Sister Replies Uriel: I Never Knew How Many Demons She Has Been Fighting / #bbnaija2018: Miracle And Nina Knew Themselves Before Coming To The House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Snowx: 1:01pm On May 13
helinues:
Cable na waste of money. Just get unlimited internet and you are good to go

The major global media are on YouTube to stream live, there are several websites to stream sporting activities live

Which telecom gives unlimited internet access, if not pay as you go
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by motionarena: 1:02pm On May 13
Whats d best app for streaming on iphone
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Bizibi(m): 1:02pm On May 13
michlins:
The day you will discover IPTV, I don't know what you will do.

Combine it with Airtel 35k unlimited data plan monthly, you're set for family enjoyment
please enlighten me more on iptv
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by meum: 1:05pm On May 13
We4all:

Abeg share update. How can one subscribe?
For some you don’t need to subscribe. Just have data.

Download any IPTV player (free version) & Shoot me an email I’ll gladly share.

2 Likes

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by ruffhandu: 1:06pm On May 13
Rich4god:

I was shocked to see that I used 4gb to stream on my TV from morning till after Chelsea match yesterday.

As someone that goes to work and only watch TV during the evening hours, 10gb is far far enough for me for the month. So 20gb of 5k will serve two months.

What are you saying? 10Gb will see you through one month? How sir? Which one is unlimited streaming with 22gb for one month? Do you know how much data required to blow videos through the month?
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Kanixt(m): 1:06pm On May 13
Rich4god:
For more than 2 years I have been consistently subscribing to DSTV, from last year march till last month, I was on price lock on 9k for compact. No doubt I was actually enjoying dstv especially premier league football.

So my subscription expired last week and I checked the new price for compact, it was 15k+. Geskiya I said I can't be subscribing again. The money is too much. Thanks almost 180k per year.

So yesterday, I was at home, was now playing around with my TV apps, what I saw really amazed me.

There are plenty apps that shows children movies, another ones shows action films, though old, but they are interesting. There is an afroland TV that shows Nigerian movies. This afroland shows live France 24 news. There is Plex TV that shows live channels and still have movies too.

Then I discovered that Al Jazeera, channels TV and some other news channels shows live on YouTube. Worst of it all is that, on YouTube there are some personal channels that have full videos on movies both foreign and locals, with very recent cartoons.

Then I said let me test the cast option. Lo and behold, when man city match started, I used a stream app to watch football on my phone then I now casted it to TV. O boy, everything clear.

I watched Man city, Tottenham and Chelsea matches.

When I was leaving the house after Chelsea match, I checked my data, despite connecting it to my TV since morning, I didn't blow up to 4g.

So if I used that my 9k I was using to subscribe to DSTV compact and buy Airtel 22g for 5k, I will be on unlimited streaming till month end.

Watch at you own space.

In addition, some of these documentaries that is been shown on nat geographic gold and wild, discovery channel, investigation ID, there episodes are there on YouTube. All you need is to search for it.

My brothers and sisters....

Bye bye to DSTV and other paid TV.

In addition, there is a radio app on the smart TV that brings to you plenty radio channels both home and abroad. What I haven't confirmed is if it's live or pre recorded.

How did you cast it to TV?
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Elliotwaveforec: 1:07pm On May 13
djon78:

Thanks for this information

I recently discovered I was ghosting using DStv

Recently discovered the power of my Smart HD TV

I also subscribed to monthly unlimited data

Was looking for how to watch yesterday's games

Just downloaded livefooty
And it's awesome

Thanks
I just did too!
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by rowland545(m): 1:09pm On May 13
Dreament:
Search live football app on Google app. This is what am using
those things have adds
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Nackzy: 1:09pm On May 13
helinues:

The major global media are on YouTube to stream live, there are several websites to stream sporting activities live
you this APC Supporter, you contributed to how Nigeria is today by supporting that evil party today DSTV is 15k fuel is 950 per liter, Gas is 1500 per kg, shame on all of you that voted for this fail government,

3 Likes

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by helinues: 1:10pm On May 13
Nackzy:
you this APC Supporter, you contributed to how Nigeria is today by supporting that evil party today DSTV is 15k fuel is 950 per liter, Gas is 1500 per kg, shame on all of you that voted for this fail government,

Hope I have not contributed towards your present situation sha.

Didn't know my support is that powerful
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by superCleanworks(m): 1:10pm On May 13
NFBI:
God will help us

help you do what exactly?
stop calling the name of God in vain.

1 Like

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Mrpojj(m): 1:13pm On May 13
decatalyst:
You just dey discover say it saves cost to stream?

I have successfully stopped subscribing on GoTV since 6-7years now. Why did I stop?
I remember I subscribed that month and discovered that the channels didn't fully load. I called their contact center and I was told they have removed the channels.

The lady that picked the call sounded so nonchalant, and that the remover is their choice and no need to inform the customer. I stopped subscribing the next month. They have called me tire since then, offered me incentives and inducements, I haven't changed my decision.

Monthly, I simply activate MTN's 200GB on my 5G router and enjoy movies of choice, YouTube, football etc.

I like the be in control and doing streaming gives me control cuz I have not subscription running whether I watch or not. I can also control my data usage. Some months, nah 110GB I use, some 150GB and I just roll over the data.

Since I saw the increase in bouquet I just dey laugh 😄
How much is the 200gig?
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by ojonugba2014(m): 1:13pm On May 13
I bought new Go TV LAST year.

Funny enough I have not for once use it or unbox it.

I am using my Smart TV.

10gb Glo data na 2,250

1gb for #100 night sub.

Bleep GO-tv ND thier sub

4 Likes

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Intellect247: 1:14pm On May 13
Won't you be spending higher on internet data subscription monthly?

2 Likes

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by porthouse7(f): 1:16pm On May 13
Rich4god:
For more than 2 years I have been consistently subscribing to DSTV, from last year march till last month, I was on price lock on 9k for compact. No doubt I was actually enjoying dstv especially premier league football.

So my subscription expired last week and I checked the new price for compact, it was 15k+. Geskiya I said I can't be subscribing again. The money is too much. Thanks almost 180k per year.

So yesterday, I was at home, was now playing around with my TV apps, what I saw really amazed me.

There are plenty apps that shows children movies, another ones shows action films, though old, but they are interesting. There is an afroland TV that shows Nigerian movies. This afroland shows live France 24 news. There is Plex TV that shows live channels and still have movies too.

Then I discovered that Al Jazeera, channels TV and some other news channels shows live on YouTube. Worst of it all is that, on YouTube there are some personal channels that have full videos on movies both foreign and locals, with very recent cartoons.

Then I said let me test the cast option. Lo and behold, when man city match started, I used a stream app to watch football on my phone then I now casted it to TV. O boy, everything clear.

When I was leaving the house after Chelsea match, I checked my data, despite connecting it to my TV since morning, I didn't blow up to 4g.

So if I used that my 9k I was using to subscribe to DSTV compact and buy Airtel 22g for 5k, I will be on unlimited streaming till month end.

Watch at you own space.

In addition, some of these documentaries that is been shown on nat geographic gold and wild, discovery channel, investigation ID, there episodes are there on YouTube. All you need is to search for it.

In addition, there is a radio app on the smart TV that brings to you plenty radio channels both home and abroad. What I haven't confirmed is if it's live or pre recorded.
clever by half , I have done this before, I even discovered more channels, one thing is certain 30k worth of data won't be enough for the month, dstv at 15k is still ok in my opinion

4 Likes

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by bluefilm: 1:16pm On May 13
michlins:
The day you will discover IPTV, I don't know what you will do.

Combine it with Airtel 35k unlimited data plan monthly, you're set for family enjoyment

Suggest a good IPTV service to me, please

I recently heard about PipulTV but I also read that it is a scam
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by porthouse7(f): 1:16pm On May 13
helinues:

how much is unlimited data
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by emmaachile2(m): 1:16pm On May 13
Streaming can't replace cable tv.

2 Likes

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Mexyz(m): 1:18pm On May 13
LadyExcellency:

My boy in primary school uses more than 40 GB of data in a month. What kind of resolution will be less than 40GB with constant streaming that is capable of replacing cable TV?
What exactly is your boy streaming that he is using more than 40GB a month?
He is always on his tab/phone 24/7 and doesn't do other things?
Because even as an adult, I roll over 40GB every month and here i am wondering what a primary school pupil is doing that he is using more than 40GB a month.

6 Likes

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Ogarexmas: 1:19pm On May 13
Come back after one month of streaming grin grin grin

If only telecoms in Nigeria offer unlimited data plan it would have been nice.
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Lumarstone: 1:21pm On May 13
Which app should I use to EPL, Laliga, Seria A, Boundsliga, UEFA champions league, etc?
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by GentleBosss: 1:21pm On May 13
Rich4god:

Abeg, how do I get this IPTV.

I can set u up

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by deavicky(m): 1:21pm On May 13
helinues:

unlimited Internet is not less 20k

1 Like

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by tayor3(m): 1:22pm On May 13
bluefilm:

Suggest a good IPTV service to me, please

I recently heard about PipulTV but I also read that it is a scam
check my sig.
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by wisepigeon: 1:22pm On May 13
Rich4god:

Watch at you own space.

Brother, thank you so much for sharing, I will also join you, no MORE DsTv. Please which streaming app do you use for live premier matches? Kindly share with me.
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by saintegs(m): 1:23pm On May 13
Rich4god:

I was shocked to see that I used 4gb to stream on my TV from morning till after Chelsea match yesterday.

As someone that goes to work and only watch TV during the evening hours, 10gb is far far enough for me for the month. So 20gb of 5k will serve two months.

U can get 40gb for same 5k, enter my area in the data option, u are good to go
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Ferdinandu(m): 1:24pm On May 13
nabiz:
bros it is more expensive to stream. Especially if you are addicted like watching 4k content like me. I dont enjoy a movie that lacks high definition picture quality. To me streaming is more expensive. The only advantage I have is on streaming is you have unlimited contents. You decide what to watch unlike the boring cables.
Bros 4k videos na luxury, you have to compare it with DSTV premium which is 42k now to say streaming is costlier. Even the fastest unlimited Internet starlink is still 38k so still cheaper. Normal fibre Internet unlimited in this country costs between 20 to 25k monthly. What are you talking

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by uuzba(m): 1:24pm On May 13
Bizibi:
please enlighten me more on iptv

It's another form of Kodi.

https://kodi.tv/download/

There're different forms of ipTV.
It's not just common in NIgeria because of unlimited data.
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by alizma: 1:25pm On May 13
Nigerians and bragging, you tell us say you get DStv but Na GOtv decoder you attached to your story, Abi your DStv decoder no dey gree show for picture?
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Mcslize: 1:27pm On May 13
Fibonacci88:
Hahaha. Thank God u have seen the light. When I told my wife I will no longer substitute dstv she was angry. But now she doesn't allow me handle remote unless it's a football game. Thanks to an IPTV I subscribed to. Endless movies and shows for the family and kid. Once u get data forget it u don't need datv

Fibonacci retracement, I saw what you did right there. Throw more light on this IPTV. Do you subscribe like DStv or is it free?
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by ruffhandu: 1:28pm On May 13
tuoyoojo:
God help u if u have a 65 inches ultra high definition TV.

It does to data what V8 engine does to fuel

Best is to use the data on your phone and screen cast.

1 Like

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by porthouse7(f): 1:29pm On May 13
nabiz:
bros it is more expensive to stream. Especially if you are addicted like watching 4k content like me. I dont enjoy a movie that lacks high definition picture quality. To me streaming is more expensive. The only advantage I have is on streaming is you have unlimited contents. You decide what to watch unlike the boring cables.
Dem no dey tell person, I have to meet both halfway, I stream and sub dstv

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Bbnaija: Ozo Chills With Diane, Whiles Nengi Still Remains In The BBNAIJA / How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie? / Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.