Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,078 members, 7,842,087 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

Nigeria Is A Complex Country, But Not Difficult To Rule – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is A Complex Country, But Not Difficult To Rule – Obasanjo (9030 Views)

Tinubu Has A Complex Certificate Problem, Osinbajo Covered Him Up - Sowore (Pix) / Buhari Autocratic, Too Old To Rule, Obasanjo Tells World Leaders In S/Africa / My Watch: Atiku Is Not Fit To Rule- Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Is A Complex Country, But Not Difficult To Rule – Obasanjo by Kuginzi: 9:43pm On May 12
Former president of Nigeria, Olusegun Obasanjo has said despite that Nigeria is a complex country it is not too difficult to govern.

Obasanjo while commissioning presidential lodge inside Osun state Government House, Oke-Fia, Osogbo alongside Governor Ademola Adeleke and former governor, Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola on Sunday, May 12, noted that governance is easy when leaders are honest with their conscience.

He said: “With my experience, Nigeria is a complex country but Nigeria is not a difficult country to rule, maybe one can also say the same that Osun state is a complex state but Osun State is not a difficult state to rule.

“You have to be honest with your conscience, with the people and with your God. You have to be a man of character and attributes that everybody will see that Ademola Adeleke, when he sees opportunity to dance, he would dance but is a man of integrity, honesty and hardwork, it is very important! When light comes, darkness vanishes.”

He also declared that Adeleke is his dancing partner any day because he has proven to the world that he is happy and also very hardworking governor.

He advised Adeleke that, “You are working on roads, don’t joke with it because when we make necessary provision for the people to have jobs and they will work. Many Yoruba people want to work but what is impeding that is the road to ply. When we provide wherewithal for them they would work. I will plead with you to continue with that.”

Earlier, Adeleke explained that the VIP lodge was abandoned after the administration of Rauf Aregbesola who left it at 35 percent completion.

“However, work commenced on the project three months ago and now it is completed. This lodge can accommodate 5 dignitaries with their team conveniently at a time.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/nigeria-is-a-complex-country-but-not-difficult-to-rule-obasanjo/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is A Complex Country, But Not Difficult To Rule – Obasanjo by Quest7777: 9:48pm On May 12
Complex Country? YES
Difficult to Rule? YES
Why? Because ONE NIGERIA is a Scam.

Nobody TRULY believes in ONE NIGERIA.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is A Complex Country, But Not Difficult To Rule – Obasanjo by Creamypie(m): 9:53pm On May 12
Obj the best president we ever had. I knew after his tenure, Nigeria would become a mess. Most companies that he brought have parked out, including 2 of em that employed my uncles after they ignored federal employments

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is A Complex Country, But Not Difficult To Rule – Obasanjo by Sharpsharp00123: 9:58pm On May 12
Creamypie:
Obj the best president we ever had. I knew after his tenure, Nigeria would become a mess
if your obi contested during obj time then u igbos will know tinubu is an angel

I bet u were still in d womb when maurice iwu was inec chairman , people were still on queue in different states when election results were announced n winners declared

The same reason fayose never respect obj cos he said they wrote election results on obj bed but today obj is d hero of the igbos cos he’s against tinubu

The same obj that u dare not counter as president, he removed all the governors that opposed his 3rd term agenda

U these indomie generation kids who rate obj don’t even know him, the same man who borrowed 16 billion naira for electricity n we are still in darkness

48 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is A Complex Country, But Not Difficult To Rule – Obasanjo by YorubaNiBaba(m): 10:05pm On May 12
Easy to say but when baba was president for 8 yrs, he did nothing

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is A Complex Country, But Not Difficult To Rule – Obasanjo by tommy589(m): 10:07pm On May 12
Baba that was removing senate president anyhow. Where do we start from,is it when PDP governors were forced to donate money to his library or how one of the Uba brothers manhandled a sitting governor (Ngige) in the state house. He laid the foundation for everything that's wrong with this 4th Republic

18 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Complex Country, But Not Difficult To Rule – Obasanjo by 3exe3: 10:21pm On May 12
Baba that once said it will be difficult for even jesus.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Complex Country, But Not Difficult To Rule – Obasanjo by Betanaija42moro: 10:47pm On May 12
Emilokan should come and hear ooo
Maybe this will make him to sit up

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Complex Country, But Not Difficult To Rule – Obasanjo by Creamypie(m): 11:45pm On May 12
Sharpsharp00123:

I bet u were still in d womb when maurice iwu was inec chairman , people were still on queue in different states when election results were announced n winners declared

The same reason fayose never respect obj cos he said they wrote election results on obj bed but today obj is d hero of the igbos cos he’s against tinubu

The same obj that u dare not counter as president, he removed all the governors that opposed his 3rd term agenda

U these indomie generation kids who rate obj don’t even know him, the same man who borrowed 16 billion naira for electricity n we are still in darkness
who be this useless idiot? U think I be indomie generation? Or ibo. Me wey finish sec school 1998 when abacha just died. U are,a mumu person. Can u compare these useless government 2 life during obasanjo government? Are you saying for one to hate bad governance, he has 2 be an Igbo? U think westerners voted your urine-dispensing machine tinubu

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is A Complex Country, But Not Difficult To Rule – Obasanjo by Sannisege: 12:44am On May 13
Obasanjo talking about conscience……I dey laugh o.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Complex Country, But Not Difficult To Rule – Obasanjo by Divinerace(m): 1:10am On May 13
Talk is cheap

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Complex Country, But Not Difficult To Rule – Obasanjo by Sharpsharp00123: 7:19am On May 13
Creamypie:
who be this useless idiot? U think I be indomie generation? Or ibo. Me wey finish sec school 1998 when abacha just died. U are,a mumu person. Can u compare these useless government 2 life during obasanjo government? Are you saying for one to hate bad governance, he has 2 be an Igbo? U think westerners voted your urine-dispensing machine tinubu
your father is the useless idiot

I think thy answers your question

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is A Complex Country, But Not Difficult To Rule – Obasanjo by MEEVEET: 7:24am On May 13
Sharpsharp00123:

Obj is bad ooh but

He choose competent hands no matter where they are from

He never sidelined any single region

He never used tribal politics

He knew what he was doing in terms of economy, security and national cohesion

You can't deny any of the above is true

22 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is A Complex Country, But Not Difficult To Rule – Obasanjo by Creamypie(m): 7:39am On May 13
Sharpsharp00123:
my father is the useless idiot

I think this answers my foolish question
see as u dey abuse yourself

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is A Complex Country, But Not Difficult To Rule – Obasanjo by Sharpsharp00123: 7:41am On May 13
MEEVEET:

Obj is bad ooh but

He choose competent hands no matter where they are from

He never sidelined any single region

He never used tribal politics

He knew what he was doing in terms of economy, security and national cohesion

You can't deny any of the above is true
then igbos never fell out with pdp so they still believed pdp will hand over power to them so they don’t take every president as an enemy but now that they fell out with pdp everyone is their enemy n it’s unwise to carry an enemy along in your doings

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is A Complex Country, But Not Difficult To Rule – Obasanjo by Sharpsharp00123: 7:43am On May 13
Creamypie:
see as u dey abuse yourself
u igbos are another thing else

How u chose to deny your tribe easily should b studied in d university

No time u will see “I am not igbo”. Even from a known igbo guy

So back to your madness, u igbos re just pained u lost out

Nothing more nothing less

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is A Complex Country, But Not Difficult To Rule – Obasanjo by Sharpsharp00123: 7:46am On May 13
YorubaNiBaba:
Easy to say but when baba was president for 8 yrs, he did nothing
God bless u

Those people who witnessed obj tenure will never praise him but u see those emergency Nigerians they can hug the devil just to prove a point that they hate yorubas/Tinubu

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is A Complex Country, But Not Difficult To Rule – Obasanjo by Sharpsharp00123: 7:48am On May 13
tommy589:
Baba that was removing senate president anyhow. Where do we start from,is it when PDP governors were forced to donate money to his library or how one of the Uba brothers manhandled a sitting governor (Ngige) in the state house. He laid the foundation for everything that's wrong with this 4th Republic
God bless u

But today he’s a saint to obi mumus cos he’s against tinubu

If their obi had contested against obj then n results were announced even when people were still queuing to vote I believe they won’t b saying this rubbish

They don’t even know yakubu is a million times better than maurice iwu

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is A Complex Country, But Not Difficult To Rule – Obasanjo by MEEVEET: 8:13am On May 13
Sharpsharp00123:
then igbos never fell out with pdp so they still believed pdp will hand over power to them so they don’t take every president as an enemy but now that they fell out with pdp everyone is their enemy n it’s unwise to carry an enemy along in your doings
What exactly is your point?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is A Complex Country, But Not Difficult To Rule – Obasanjo by Sharpsharp00123: 8:27am On May 13
MEEVEET:

What exactly is your point?
my point is that obj was the one that laid the foundation for Nigeria madness but because he’s against tinubu today the he’s an hero to the igbos

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is A Complex Country, But Not Difficult To Rule – Obasanjo by Creamypie(m): 8:35am On May 13
Sharpsharp00123:
u igbos are another thing else

How u chose to deny your tribe easily should b studied in d university

No time u will see “I am not igbo”. Even from a known igbo guy

So back to your madness, u igbos re just pained u lost out

Nothing more nothing less
from your submissions, u Votr for tribal reasons and not based on competence, hence the 900 percent inflation we are experiencing under APC. Its people like u who campaigned against 900 percent decrease in prices when PDP was ruling and now, are defending current prices at 900 % increase

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is A Complex Country, But Not Difficult To Rule – Obasanjo by Sharpsharp00123: 8:38am On May 13
Creamypie:
from your submissions, u Votr for tribal reasons and not based on competence, hence the 900 percent inflation we are experiencing under APC. Its people like u who campaigned against 900 percent decrease in prices when PDP was ruling and now, are defending current prices at 900 % increase
who was the competent one in the last election?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is A Complex Country, But Not Difficult To Rule – Obasanjo by MEEVEET: 8:55am On May 13
Sharpsharp00123:
my point is that obj was the one that paid the foundation for Nigeria madness but because he’s against tinubu today the he’s an hero to the igbos

Obj grew our GDP from $59 billion to over $400 billion

Paid off all our debts

Stabilized our democracy

Unified the country

Brought in seasoned technocrats

What has your Tinubu done

Of APC did half what OBJ did we would have a I trillion dollar economy

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is A Complex Country, But Not Difficult To Rule – Obasanjo by Sharpsharp00123: 8:58am On May 13
MEEVEET:

Obj grew our GDP from $59 billion to over $400 billion

Paid off all our debts

Stabilized our democracy

Unified the country

Brought in seasoned technocrats

What has your Tinubu done

Of APC did half what OBJ did we would have a I trillion dollar economy
can u tell me the value of oil then?

Can u tell me how much obj himself stole then?

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Complex Country, But Not Difficult To Rule – Obasanjo by sofeo(m): 9:02am On May 13
Alright, Buhari said the same thing.
Re: Nigeria Is A Complex Country, But Not Difficult To Rule – Obasanjo by fastseo: 9:03am On May 13
Best president ever

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Complex Country, But Not Difficult To Rule – Obasanjo by tiswell(m): 9:04am On May 13
Love him or hate him,baba iyabo remains one of the best presidents in history.

He's not an 'accountant" or worked with Exxon mobil,yet Nigerians fared better in his reign

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is A Complex Country, But Not Difficult To Rule – Obasanjo by SEGLIZ: 9:06am On May 13
this country isn't complex until these men that claim to be our leaders made it complex.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Complex Country, But Not Difficult To Rule – Obasanjo by dibunotion(m): 9:06am On May 13
Then Obi reacts

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Complex Country, But Not Difficult To Rule – Obasanjo by arabbunkum: 9:06am On May 13
OBJ!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gej And All Fec Members To Donate 30% Of Their Salary / Policeman Shoots 2 Colleagues In Adamawa / Kogi Flood Victims Reject N3,000 Compensation From State Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.