Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,970 members, 7,838,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Edo 2024: Tension In Government House As Initial Analysis Shows Asue Losing To O - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo 2024: Tension In Government House As Initial Analysis Shows Asue Losing To O (2204 Views)

Presidential Poll: Forensic Analysis Shows Over-voting In 10,000 Pus, Omokri Cla / Udom Emmanuel Receiving Bukola Saraki In Government House, Uyo (More Photos) / Ekiti Election: Helicopter With Money Lands In Government House -The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo 2024: Tension In Government House As Initial Analysis Shows Asue Losing To O by Akpakomiza2: 12:00am On May 13
_Obaseki moves to buy votes, pressure INEC to conduct CVR_

Palpable fear have enveloped the camp of Edo Governor Godwin Obaseki as an analysis released by election experts hired by him have shown that Asue Ighodalo will lose the Edo2024 Gubernatorial election coming up in September this year.

The election experts hired by Obaseki himself from Lagos have a good track record of predicting outcome of election in Nigeria.

The group who used sampling of voters opinions across the 18 local government areas released their findings projecting a 55% victory for APC candidate Senator Monday Okpebholo.

PDP’s Asue Ighodalo is said to trail behind the APC candidate with a 35% vote while Labour Party’s Olumide Akpata was projected to secure 9% with other candidates cumulating just 1%.

The report said Monday Okpebholo of the All Progressive Congress will win in Etsako West, Etsako East, Etsako Central, Owan East, Owan West and Akoko Edo Local Government Areas.

In Edo Central surprisingly the report projected APC’s Senator Monday Okpebholo to sweep all five Local Governments in the Senatorial District including Asue Ighodalo’s Esan South East.

The report however streamlined the battle to Edo South where APC is projected to sweep Orhionmwon, Uhumode, Ovia South West, Ovia North East and Egor LGAs.

Surprisingly Asue Ighodalo of PDP is projected to win Ikpoba Okha and Oredo but with a margin not significant enough to cause any upset.

This report has raised tension in government house with Obaseki seeking various options to turn the tides of events.

Government house sources say Obaseki is hinging on massive vote buying in various guises including giving money to traders, supply of palliatives to religious bodies, socio political groups, civil societies, traditional rulers and so on.

Obaseki is also mounting pressure on INEC to conduct a continuous voter registration to enable young voters who were mostly not up to age during the last registration exercise to get their permanent voters card and participate in the election.

Sources from INEC Headquarters in Abuja said though there are pressures from Governor Obaseki to conduct the CVR exercise, time was not favourable for the project as the election was barely four months away.
https://edonewsng.com/tension-in-government-house-as-initial-election-analysis-show-asue-will-lose-to-okpebholo/

Mynd44
Nplfmod
Fergie001
Seun
Jorussia
Indispensable85
Ekpenuwa

1 Like

Re: Edo 2024: Tension In Government House As Initial Analysis Shows Asue Losing To O by danijesus(m): 1:34am On May 13
Propaganda, nobody in his right senses will vote APC

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2024: Tension In Government House As Initial Analysis Shows Asue Losing To O by onome2013: 2:18am On May 13
If PDP or APC, win in Edo, it means the masses still want to enjoy their sufferings for another years

2 Likes

Re: Edo 2024: Tension In Government House As Initial Analysis Shows Asue Losing To O by Innomama7(m): 2:52am On May 13
Op I non see waiting you write but Asue for governor any day any time Ogun kill APC shocked

4 Likes

Re: Edo 2024: Tension In Government House As Initial Analysis Shows Asue Losing To O by Ofunaofu: 3:11am On May 13
The worst thing that can happen to the people of Edo State is for them to allow the APC to take over the state.

It will be a disaster.

6 Likes

Re: Edo 2024: Tension In Government House As Initial Analysis Shows Asue Losing To O by Prince111111: 3:28am On May 13
Trash

2 Likes

Re: Edo 2024: Tension In Government House As Initial Analysis Shows Asue Losing To O by Indispensable85(m): 3:35am On May 13
Akpakomiza2:
_Obaseki moves to buy votes, pressure INEC to conduct CVR_

Palpable fear have enveloped the camp of Edo Governor Godwin Obaseki as an analysis released by election experts hired by him have shown that Asue Ighodalo will lose the Edo2024 Gubernatorial election coming up in September this year.

The election experts hired by Obaseki himself from Lagos have a good track record of predicting outcome of election in Nigeria.

The group who used sampling of voters opinions across the 18 local government areas released their findings projecting a 55% victory for APC candidate Senator Monday Okpebholo.

PDP’s Asue Ighodalo is said to trail behind the APC candidate with a 35% vote while Labour Party’s Olumide Akpata was projected to secure 9% with other candidates cumulating just 1%.

The report said Monday Okpebholo of the All Progressive Congress will win in Etsako West, Etsako East, Etsako Central, Owan East, Owan West and Akoko Edo Local Government Areas.

In Edo Central surprisingly the report projected APC’s Senator Monday Okpebholo to sweep all five Local Governments in the Senatorial District including Asue Ighodalo’s Esan South East.

The report however streamlined the battle to Edo South where APC is projected to sweep Orhionmwon, Uhumode, Ovia South West, Ovia North East and Egor LGAs.

Surprisingly Asue Ighodalo of PDP is projected to win Ikpoba Okha and Oredo but with a margin not significant enough to cause any upset.

This report has raised tension in government house with Obaseki seeking various options to turn the tides of events.

Government house sources say Obaseki is hinging on massive vote buying in various guises including giving money to traders, supply of palliatives to religious bodies, socio political groups, civil societies, traditional rulers and so on.

Obaseki is also mounting pressure on INEC to conduct a continuous voter registration to enable young voters who were mostly not up to age during the last registration exercise to get their permanent voters card and participate in the election.

Sources from INEC Headquarters in Abuja said though there are pressures from Governor Obaseki to conduct the CVR exercise, time was not favourable for the project as the election was barely four months away.
https://edonewsng.com/tension-in-government-house-as-initial-election-analysis-show-asue-will-lose-to-okpebholo/

Mynd44
Nplfmod
Fergie001
Seun
Jorussia
Indispensable85
Ekpenuwa

Hmmmmmmmm
Re: Edo 2024: Tension In Government House As Initial Analysis Shows Asue Losing To O by leokid866: 4:10am On May 13
danijesus:
except a litmus test was conducted in the last election and no dingle pdp Senator returned to the senate.....in the last eight years obaseki has fought Oshomole, 14 state senators, Wike, Tinubu, shaibu and if the rumors are to be believed the King of Bini....not sure how he will be able to hold onto the state with him making enemies of everyone whose ever stood by him but what do I know 🤷🏽‍♂️?

11 Likes

Re: Edo 2024: Tension In Government House As Initial Analysis Shows Asue Losing To O by NaijaCowFarm: 5:06am On May 13
Keep on lieing to yourself, we are just listening to your foolishness!

1 Like

Re: Edo 2024: Tension In Government House As Initial Analysis Shows Asue Losing To O by southsouthking(m): 5:38am On May 13
Even though Obaseki was a disaster after standing by him during the 2020 gubernatorial election, I and my family is still going to vote for Asue Ighodalo #AI.
APC is a disaster to Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo 2024: Tension In Government House As Initial Analysis Shows Asue Losing To O by Almaigaa: 6:30am On May 13
danijesus:

Nobody will vote PDP in this Edo election because of Ugly and incompetent Obaseki. The man has created more enemies for the PDP candidate. Couple with the fact that he is incompetent. He spent 8 years as Governor with zero project in Edo

Edo people will massively vote APC, others will vote LP. Even in the previous elections, Obaseki lost his own pooling unit. It will only get worst for thim this time

11 Likes

Re: Edo 2024: Tension In Government House As Initial Analysis Shows Asue Losing To O by Almaigaa: 6:37am On May 13
Innomama7:
Op I non see waiting you write but Asue for governor any day any time Ogun kill APC shocked

See Joseph the dreamer. Asue wey Esan people hate The man can not even speak Esan his own Language. He gets irritated by the language. Edo People will massively vote APC, others will vote LP.

Ugly Obaseki', Asue and their few online supporters should go and fvck themselves.

9 Likes

Re: Edo 2024: Tension In Government House As Initial Analysis Shows Asue Losing To O by NorthernAgender: 6:37am On May 13
You see how pathetic you are? Why you can't just vote labour party instead.
southsouthking:
Even though Obaseki was a disaster after standing by him during the 2020 gubernatorial election, I and my family is still going to vote for Asue Ighodalo #AI.
APC is a disaster to Nigeria.

11 Likes

Re: Edo 2024: Tension In Government House As Initial Analysis Shows Asue Losing To O by NorthernAgender: 6:39am On May 13
Edo shouldn't vote APC and pdp. Vote labour party olumide will never disappoint you. No Godfather or one stupid national leader.

9 Likes

Re: Edo 2024: Tension In Government House As Initial Analysis Shows Asue Losing To O by NzogbuNzogbu: 6:42am On May 13
I am yet to see an online Edo person supporting okpebolo that isn't a party member

Make una bring the Monday to talk no

Akpata was at eranomigho show yesterday following Ighodalo footstep, yet na okpebolo never attend his party man show

Make una dey run o, don't bring him out, when he losses, esan would still chase him out of senate, he knows na ordia greed bring him there

1 Like

Re: Edo 2024: Tension In Government House As Initial Analysis Shows Asue Losing To O by NzogbuNzogbu: 6:51am On May 13
Almaigaa:

Nobody will vote PDP in this Edo election because of Ugly and incompetent Obaseki. The man has created more enemies for the PDP candidate. Couple with the fact that he is incompetent. He spent 8 years as Governor with zero project in Edo

Edo people will massively vote APC, others will vote LP. Even in the previous elections, Obaseki lost his own pooling unit. It will only get worst for thim this time
is this the same you that is always quick to curse Edo here and portray it in bad light?

There is a reason those who don't wish Edo well are all in apc

Make una campaign with una candidate no way, it's attack personalities una dey

Edo would never return to the apc days of non payment of salaries and pensioners

Una dull candidate don already confirm he is coming to take care of leaders and would be waiting for leaders to take decision

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2024: Tension In Government House As Initial Analysis Shows Asue Losing To O by BALLOSKI: 6:54am On May 13
Ofunaofu:
The worst thing that can happen to the people of Edo State is for them to allow the APC to take over the state.

It will be a disaster.
But Obaseki is of PDP and he's a disaster. What are we saying? Are they not the same?

2 Likes

Re: Edo 2024: Tension In Government House As Initial Analysis Shows Asue Losing To O by Almaigaa: 6:54am On May 13
NzogbuNzogbu:
is this the same you that is always quick to curse Edo here and portray it in bad light?

Edo would never return to the apc days of non payment of salaries and pensioners

Una dull candidate don already confirm he is coming to take care of leaders and would be waiting for leaders to take decision

How can I curse Edo? I am a voter in Edo with my pooling unit in Ugbekun primary school Upper Sankponba. However, we no go vote Obaseki's stooge in PDP.

We will vote APC. Make Obaseki and his online supporters go fvck themselves.

11 Likes

Re: Edo 2024: Tension In Government House As Initial Analysis Shows Asue Losing To O by Ofunaofu: 6:56am On May 13
BALLOSKI:
But Obaseki is of PDP and he's a disaster. What are we saying? Are they not the same?

APC is a monumental disaster
Re: Edo 2024: Tension In Government House As Initial Analysis Shows Asue Losing To O by Almaigaa: 6:57am On May 13
NzogbuNzogbu:

Obaseki has not been paying workers salaries in full for over 6 years now. He pays them in percentage every month. Pensioners are worst hit, that's why they protest at Ring Road every week.

11 Likes

Re: Edo 2024: Tension In Government House As Initial Analysis Shows Asue Losing To O by Godblessme1: 6:58am On May 13
U vote or not vote na esan man go still win

Never the next 8 years for any bini person they destroyed the state for 16years of bini people ruling edo nothing to show for it

If e sure for una make una try any nonsense by voting for LP then Una go see the anger of esan people

Very anyhow tribe making mouth like say na una get Edo state
Re: Edo 2024: Tension In Government House As Initial Analysis Shows Asue Losing To O by favour32(m): 7:20am On May 13
NA APC NAI PUT THE MASSES FOR THIS CURRENT SITUATION SO
Re: Edo 2024: Tension In Government House As Initial Analysis Shows Asue Losing To O by NzogbuNzogbu: 7:40am On May 13
Almaigaa:

Obaseki has not been paying workers salaries in full for over 6 years now. He pays them in percentage every month. Pensioners are worst hit, that's why they protest at Ring Road every week.
lol, u never wished Edo well

My mom is a civil servant and had enjoyed Obaseki salary throughout his years

They even have 13 month salary never has it been this good, she is now retired and the enjoyment continues

I said it that u don't live in Edo and this is another proof that you stay in north and start saying non existent people protest in ring road , you are lost

You hate Edo, that's why you support apc we can't afford tinubu and okpebolo at the same time of tinubulation
Re: Edo 2024: Tension In Government House As Initial Analysis Shows Asue Losing To O by NzogbuNzogbu: 7:43am On May 13
Almaigaa:

How can I curse Edo? I am a voter in Edo with my pooling unit in Ugbekun primary school Upper Sankponba. However, we no go vote Obaseki's stooge in PDP.

We will vote APC. Make Obaseki and his online supporters go fvck themselves.
yes ugbekun online voter

We dey vote pdp to continue the salary payment, as my mama get peace dey collect pension I like am

I don't want the stooge okpebolo that can't take decision on his own, na change we ask for in Abuja wen we enter one chance

Tell okpebolo to come out and speak for himself if he can

1 Like

Re: Edo 2024: Tension In Government House As Initial Analysis Shows Asue Losing To O by NzogbuNzogbu: 7:44am On May 13
Godblessme1:
U vote or not vote na esan man go still win

Never the next 8 years for any bini person they destroyed the state for 16years of bini people ruling edo nothing to show for it

If e sure for una make una try any nonsense by voting for LP then Una go see the anger of esan people

Very anyhow tribe making mouth like say na una get Edo state

oga am esan, stop talking anyhow

Na everybody get edo

1 Like

Re: Edo 2024: Tension In Government House As Initial Analysis Shows Asue Losing To O by Akpakomiza2: 8:17am On May 13
Indispensable85:

Hmmmmmmmm

I am not surprised,this might be close to what will happen as my calculations show okpebholo winning the entire north,central and most parts of south.but,I'll be modest and still leave uhumnwonde,Egor,esan south east,esan West and owan west for him
Re: Edo 2024: Tension In Government House As Initial Analysis Shows Asue Losing To O by Akpakomiza2: 8:19am On May 13
Ofunaofu:

APC is a monumental disaster

Pdp is a bigger disaster in Edo
Re: Edo 2024: Tension In Government House As Initial Analysis Shows Asue Losing To O by Akpakomiza2: 8:21am On May 13
NzogbuNzogbu:
yes ugbekun online voter

We dey vote pdp to continue the salary payment, as my mama get peace dey collect pension I like am

I don't want the stooge okpebolo that can't take decision on his own, na change we ask for in Abuja wen we enter one chance

Tell okpebolo to come out and speak for himself if he can

Do you know what a stooge means? Between Asue that was imposed by obaseki the failure and okpebholo that won on his own,who be stooge

1 Like

Re: Edo 2024: Tension In Government House As Initial Analysis Shows Asue Losing To O by Ofunaofu: 8:25am On May 13
Akpakomiza2:

Pdp is a bigger disaster in Edo

APC is not an option

1 Like

Re: Edo 2024: Tension In Government House As Initial Analysis Shows Asue Losing To O by Akpakomiza2: 8:29am On May 13
Ofunaofu:

APC is not an option

Vote Lp though okpebholo is the best
Re: Edo 2024: Tension In Government House As Initial Analysis Shows Asue Losing To O by Starhearts: 8:31am On May 13
danijesus:

Day play
Ur potopoto eyes 👀 go soon clear
Re: Edo 2024: Tension In Government House As Initial Analysis Shows Asue Losing To O by Ofunaofu: 8:33am On May 13
Akpakomiza2:

Vote Lp though okpebholo is the best

Okpebholo who failed WAEC at 36 is the best for the people of Edo state

Well, noted all the same

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ogun Assembly's Show Of Shame.... Lol (you Must Watch This) / Many Lagosians aren’t living, they merely exist – Muiz Banire / Gen. Azazi Is New National Security Adviser

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.