Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,980 members, 7,838,490 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Stop Electricity Subsidy, IMF Tells FG - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Electricity Subsidy, IMF Tells FG (14927 Views)

FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases / IMF Tells FG To Remove Electric And Fuel Subsidies, Give More Jobs / Return Of Fuel Subsidies Disturbing, IMF Tells FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Electricity Subsidy, IMF Tells FG by Gerrard59(m): 11:45am On May 13
MrSprinter:

Me sef taya for the IMF said we should do this and IMF said we should do that...
IMF serves the interests of the west...
Make dem point out any of the ideas of IMF wey don work for Naija.

If you don't want the IMF to dictate to you, don't meet them for loans. Your creditor has the right to dictate how you, the borrower, should live your life.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Electricity Subsidy, IMF Tells FG by Kobojunkie: 11:46am On May 13
Houseontherock1:
FG constantly hiding behind IMF to test the mic cheesy
Hiding ke? If you read through the news article you will find that the headline is merely to get those unwilling to read through unnecessarily riled up. . undecided

1 Like

Re: Stop Electricity Subsidy, IMF Tells FG by verifiablefacts: 11:46am On May 13
Kobojunkie:
Una dey read at all? undecided

Oga,I don taya dey read,my read don dey taya.
Re: Stop Electricity Subsidy, IMF Tells FG by Kobojunkie: 11:47am On May 13
verifiablefacts:
∆ Oga,I don taya dey read,my read don dey taya.
wetin IMF talk makes sense more than wetin your government been dey do. lipsrsealed
Re: Stop Electricity Subsidy, IMF Tells FG by Hezmatosky: 11:48am On May 13
One who fetches ant infested firewood invites dozens of lizards to his house. Can IMF tell that to Russia, China or even small Botswana?
Re: Stop Electricity Subsidy, IMF Tells FG by sonymax16(m): 11:48am On May 13
Imagine a loan app telling me how to spend my money....that is what the IMF is doing.IMF have never given good advice that will benefit Nigeria.
Re: Stop Electricity Subsidy, IMF Tells FG by Jocdon(m): 11:50am On May 13
Time don reach wen thunder go fire dis imf and scater their evil plans against nigerians
Re: Stop Electricity Subsidy, IMF Tells FG by yemre: 11:52am On May 13
Why is the same IMF not urging Nigerian government to implement the internationally acceptable minimum wage so that the masses will be able to afford the premium cost of electricity and fuel? You don't pay less than $25 monthly as minimum wage and expect the citizens to pay same international rate as those countries where their minimum wage is not less than $600. It will not work.

Before IMF gives advice, they should get the complete information about the cost of living vs purchasing power of the people as determined by the level of income of the populace.

3 Likes

Re: Stop Electricity Subsidy, IMF Tells FG by fabolouz1(m): 11:54am On May 13
What the heck is wrong with these mofos in Imf?
Are they the ones to tell us how to run our economy?
It's not as if they live us anyways.
Re: Stop Electricity Subsidy, IMF Tells FG by NOwazobia: 11:54am On May 13
IMF is now another arm of the Nigeria government 😂
Re: Stop Electricity Subsidy, IMF Tells FG by verifiablefacts: 11:57am On May 13
Kobojunkie:
wetin IMF talk makes sense more than wetin your government been dey do. lipsrsealed

I agree with you, only that I was expecting IMF,as influential as they are to us, to also advice us on how best to sort our refineries problems.

When you pushed me into insulting the bully, you should also show me how to defend myself.

1 Like

Re: Stop Electricity Subsidy, IMF Tells FG by Christlike01: 11:58am On May 13
Nigeria will start getting better the day our leaders stop taking orders from this satanic Agency called IMF!
Re: Stop Electricity Subsidy, IMF Tells FG by Kobojunkie: 11:58am On May 13
verifiablefacts:
∆I agree with you, only that I was expecting IMF,as influential as they are to us, to also advice us on how best to sort out refineries problems.
When you pushed me into insulting the bully, you should also show me how to defend myself.
What refinery problems does Nigeria have? https://www.nairaland.com/8089857/military-uncovers-over-50-illegal

Are you in some way expecting IMF to come into Nigeria, a country of over 200 million brains, to build and manage refineries or something? undecided
Re: Stop Electricity Subsidy, IMF Tells FG by israelmao(m): 11:59am On May 13
Wicked IMF
Re: Stop Electricity Subsidy, IMF Tells FG by edwardaigb: 11:59am On May 13
Thunder fire IMF
Re: Stop Electricity Subsidy, IMF Tells FG by Kobojunkie: 12:02pm On May 13
israelmao:
Wicked IMF
The wicked ones here is your government refusing to do mahy of the common sense points put forward by the IMF and the ignorant populace alll too eager to put blame where it does not belong. undecided
Re: Stop Electricity Subsidy, IMF Tells FG by zeyt: 12:02pm On May 13
IMF dictating for Tunibu again. The situation is our National heritage are being sold to capitalist politicians in the name so called privatization. The poor are the majority in the country and government are everything for them. Now the subsidy on fuel is gone and now they are turning their attention to electricity. The poor are getting poorer and the middle class are teetering on the precipice of poverty.
Re: Stop Electricity Subsidy, IMF Tells FG by dallyemmy: 12:04pm On May 13
IMF - Thank God they can't advise Him to charge for the air we breathe.
Re: Stop Electricity Subsidy, IMF Tells FG by descartes400: 12:05pm On May 13
IMF are world economic saboteurs! and our government are foolishly stupid to be taking any economic advise from them.
Re: Stop Electricity Subsidy, IMF Tells FG by Kobojunkie: 12:05pm On May 13
zeyt:
IMF dictating for Tunibu again. The situation is our National heritage are being sold to capitalist politicians in the name so called privatization. The poor are the majority in the country and government are everything for them. Now the subsidy on fuel is gone and now they are turning their attention to electricity. The poor are getting poorer and the middle class are teetering on the precipice of poverty.
Balderdash! go back and read the article abeg! undecided
Re: Stop Electricity Subsidy, IMF Tells FG by sslcrypt: 12:05pm On May 13
DISINFORMATION AGENTS AT WORK. READ THE REPORTS,IMF CAN NEVER EVER ENFORCE THEY ONLY SUGGEST. NOW THIS THREAD IS MAKING IT LOOK LIKE THEY ARE THE ONES ENFORCING LAWS ONTO A SOVEREIGN STATE. TINIBU IS A FAILURE, SIMPLE STOP TRYING TO ROPE IN IMF AND IMPOSE YOUR FAILURES ON THEM. WORST IMF CAN DO IS REJECT LOANS APPLICATION
Re: Stop Electricity Subsidy, IMF Tells FG by Kobojunkie: 12:06pm On May 13
descartes400:
IMF are world economic saboteurs! and our government are foolishly stupid to be taking any economic advise from them.
Nonsense! Go back through and read the article. ...an ignorant populace always looking to put blame where it does not lie! lipsrsealed
Re: Stop Electricity Subsidy, IMF Tells FG by Kobojunkie: 12:07pm On May 13
sslcrypt:
DISINFORMATION AGENTS AT WORK. READ THE REPORTS,IMF CAN NEVER EVER ENFORCE THEY ONLY SUGGEST. NOW THIS THREAD IS MAKING IT LOOK LIKE THEY ARE THE ONES ENFORCING LAWS ONTO A SOVEREIGN STATE. TINIBU IS A FAILURE, SIMPLE STOP TRYING TO ROPE IN IMF AND IMPOSE YOUR FAILURES ON THEM. WORST IMF CAN DO IS REJECT LOANS APPLICATION
No mind Nigerian people! undecided
Re: Stop Electricity Subsidy, IMF Tells FG by Kobojunkie: 12:08pm On May 13
edwardaigb:
Thunder fire IMF
E don fire your government finish? undecided
Re: Stop Electricity Subsidy, IMF Tells FG by kashman01(m): 12:08pm On May 13
IMF again
Re: Stop Electricity Subsidy, IMF Tells FG by WantsandMore: 12:08pm On May 13
Naija Politicians and IMF, which of them mean well for us? Abi na why Baba Buhari say we go miss m when he's gone?
Re: Stop Electricity Subsidy, IMF Tells FG by Kobojunkie: 12:09pm On May 13
SALIMAN:
We are sick of this IMF advices ooh , na them say make dem comot petrol subsidy , their wahala don Dey too much
Re: Stop Electricity Subsidy, IMF Tells FG by Kobojunkie: 12:10pm On May 13
Smooyis:
Unfortunate IMF. NONSENSE SUGGESTION
Go back and actually read the article. wetin IMF talk makes sense more than wetin your government been dey do. lipsrsealed
Re: Stop Electricity Subsidy, IMF Tells FG by ogbonti: 12:10pm On May 13
Biafrannuke:
Reno oncolos Omokiri come and defend your IMF Jewish masters you pretend to hate.

Oga Hamas, IMF is international monetary fund, it is not Jewish Monetary Fund, Meanwhile, Gilbert Chagouri, the Lebanese national and Hamas / Hezbollah sympathizer is conniving with Tinubu currently to rob Nigeria by constructing a “white elephant project” called the Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway without proper bidding and oversight- thereby fleecing the Nigerian treasury of billions of dollars.. you cant talk about that abi?

The same Chagouri Hamas/ Hezbollah sympathizer who connived with Gen Sanni Abacha to fleece Nigeria of tens of billions of dollars into offshore accounts between 1994 to 1998?

Dey play

The jews are not our problem- but the Mu-Mu hamas loving government of your master
Re: Stop Electricity Subsidy, IMF Tells FG by Bluntemperor: 12:10pm On May 13
The problems with this government now is that they are trying to be 'egalitarian ' and this should not be, afterall,can Nigerian boats of 24/7 Light,good roads- infrastructure,rail and Full Employment, Health Care Delivery,as even the Retirees are worse off?
Today,Nigerians can't boast of Money in their Accounts,nor adequate Foods at homes or balanced diets- due to the removal of Subsidies - where 99% Nigerians rely and we are still waiting for the Federal and States Governments ( who have been given) most Palliatives but are doing nothing with the Fund).
•IMF is just being blunt and govt should not be behaving as if All Problems of Nigeria ,will be solved in a Year, even though IMF too have their own Agenda!
Re: Stop Electricity Subsidy, IMF Tells FG by Kobojunkie: 12:10pm On May 13
Obviouslyblunt:
Imagine IMF telling us how to run our country. We brought this to ourselves with Loans.
Go back and actually read the article. wetin IMF talk makes sense more than wetin your government been dey do. lipsrsealed
Re: Stop Electricity Subsidy, IMF Tells FG by Kobojunkie: 12:11pm On May 13
Ladiesdoctor:
This IMF is useless

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Governor Udom Swears In Commissioners (pics) / Okorocha Hands-Over Rasin Paint To Skyrun Industry / Tinubu Shunned Ganduje’s Pressure To Influence Judgment – Kano Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.