Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,621 members, 7,844,002 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

Stop Electricity Subsidy, IMF Tells FG - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Electricity Subsidy, IMF Tells FG (15058 Views)

FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases / IMF Tells FG To Remove Electric And Fuel Subsidies, Give More Jobs / Return Of Fuel Subsidies Disturbing, IMF Tells FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Electricity Subsidy, IMF Tells FG by lildush(m): 10:00pm On May 13
B3sty:
IMF seem to be the one running the affairs of the Country right now...

Are you just waking up? Good morning oo🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: Stop Electricity Subsidy, IMF Tells FG by lildush(m): 10:03pm On May 13
FalseProphet1:
I see world bank taking over Nigeria because of the kind of debt Tinubu has plunged us into.

This I have seen.

We are returning back to d era of slavery... This is coming very soon. The elite will run away to oda countries
Re: Stop Electricity Subsidy, IMF Tells FG by BondRiv: 10:39pm On May 13
Demonic fund.
Re: Stop Electricity Subsidy, IMF Tells FG by samwillyco1(m): 10:52pm On May 13
Demonic IMF
Re: Stop Electricity Subsidy, IMF Tells FG by lastkingsman: 1:32pm On May 14
pansophist:
All the Western zombies on this forum, either paid or ignorant, or stupid, or all of the above. You see what your beloved US is doing to your country?

Meanwhile, Russia is giving you free grains, is not imposing anything on you, doesn't interfere in your internal affairs, have never enslaved and colonised your ancestors, and the people you see in the street of Nigeria are the Chinese building stuff.

What Nigeria owes China is so small, but it's evident by the infrastructures they are building.

But we borrowed more from the west, but can someone point anything built with that money? I don't even want to mention the interest that takes most of our forex.

But somehow, Russia and china is your enemy. It's very costly to be daft. You go suffer.

Nobody (especially superpowers) is neither your enemy nor your friend. It's all about interests.

Russia dealt (and still dealing) with their neighbours in the past. Nobody holy past.

Without the west, Taiwan, Singapore, South Korea, Japan wouldn't be where they are today.

Every country borrows but our leaders borrow for consumption (corruption).

Bring down exchange rate less than 400 (which is doable by ramping crude oil production) and their would be no need to pay subsidy riddled with corruption

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Electricity Subsidy, IMF Tells FG by lastkingsman: 1:37pm On May 14
Gerrard59:

If you don't want the IMF to dictate to you, don't meet them for loans. Your creditor has the right to dictate how you, the borrower, should live your life.

Which interest should IMF serve in the first place? Africa? Lmao grin

Where was Africa when IMF was being set up? Who funds the IMF?

An agency headquartered in Washington with US contributing 25% of its funds should serve Africa interests. Mad people everywhere
Re: Stop Electricity Subsidy, IMF Tells FG by lastkingsman: 1:38pm On May 14
Gerrard59:
The IMF is correct. If Nigeria wants private funding in the electricity sector, subsidies have to go. No private investor will invest in when prices are fixed. Subsidies do more harm than good.

Privatise everything! Let the free market thrive.

Subsidy is not necessary if FGN can bring down exchange rate below 400
Re: Stop Electricity Subsidy, IMF Tells FG by Iamanoited: 3:50pm On May 14
Morbeta11:
A government of IMF, by IMF, For IMF.

imfcracy.
Re: Stop Electricity Subsidy, IMF Tells FG by Gerrard59(m): 9:01am On May 15
lastkingsman:

Subsidy is not necessary if FGN can bring down exchange rate below 400

Nigeria does not need a strong naira. The value of the naira is perfect where it is.

Subsidies have to go. My annoyance is that this is the same thing Tinubu and his cohorts vehemently kicked against when GEJ was president.
Re: Stop Electricity Subsidy, IMF Tells FG by lastkingsman: 1:09pm On May 15
Gerrard59:

Nigeria does not need a strong naira. The value of the naira is perfect where it is.

Subsidies have to go. My annoyance is that this is the same thing Tinubu and his cohorts vehemently kicked against when GEJ was president.

The exchange rate is a false way to look at it. The most important factor is the minimum wage in USD per hour.

At 30,000 Naira minimum wage per month translates to 20$ in one month. Someone in south Korea earns $20 in two hours but 1 USD = 1350 won.

We need to get Naira below N400 and it's doable. All you need is to ramp up crude oil production, reduce cost of governance, and eliminate all subsides.

It's critical because we need to improve the real earnings of Nigeria in USD terms, invest in critical infrastructure and make importation cheap. Nigeria needs to import heavily to build for export.

Devaluation only works if you have built your critical infrastructure. Our infra deficit is 2.3trn USD

https://www.dataphyte.com/latest-reports/all-eyes-on-tinubu-to-close-nigerias-2-3-trillion-infrastructure-gap/

If Iraq is doing 4.4m why is Nigeria doing 1.3 m in oil production?
Re: Stop Electricity Subsidy, IMF Tells FG by blueAgent(m): 4:55pm On May 24
MrSprinter:

Me sef taya for the IMF said we should do this and IMF said we should do that...
IMF serves the interests of the west...
Make dem point out any of the ideas of IMF wey don work for Naija.
Was it not the IMF that advised Nigeria to deregulate the telecom sector? Which we are benefitting today.

Our leaders are the problem of this country.
All the IMF advices are good if implemented by sincere and wise leaders.
Re: Stop Electricity Subsidy, IMF Tells FG by blueAgent(m): 4:58pm On May 24
verifiablefacts:

I agree with you, only that I was expecting IMF,as influential as they are to us, to also advice us on how best to sort our refineries problems.

When you pushed me into insulting the bully, you should also show me how to defend myself.

They did, when they advised Obasanjo's administration to privatize the refineries and deregulate the telecom sector.
Re: Stop Electricity Subsidy, IMF Tells FG by blueAgent(m): 5:00pm On May 24
Kobojunkie:
The wicked ones here is your government refusing to do mahy of the common sense points put forward by the IMF and the ignorant populace alll too eager to put blame where it does not belong. undecided

I agree.

That's why Nigerian is a 3rd world country.

From the comments one can see, not many are bright upstairs.
Re: Stop Electricity Subsidy, IMF Tells FG by blueAgent(m): 5:01pm On May 24
sslcrypt:
DISINFORMATION AGENTS AT WORK. READ THE REPORTS,IMF CAN NEVER EVER ENFORCE THEY ONLY SUGGEST. NOW THIS THREAD IS MAKING IT LOOK LIKE THEY ARE THE ONES ENFORCING LAWS ONTO A SOVEREIGN STATE. TINIBU IS A FAILURE, SIMPLE STOP TRYING TO ROPE IN IMF AND IMPOSE YOUR FAILURES ON THEM. WORST IMF CAN DO IS REJECT LOANS APPLICATION

True.
Re: Stop Electricity Subsidy, IMF Tells FG by blueAgent(m): 5:01pm On May 24
Kobojunkie:
Nonsense! Go back through and read the article. ...an ignorant populace always looking to put blame where it does not lie! lipsrsealed

Nigeria is a reflection of its ppl.

Many are not too bright upstairs, sorry to say it, but that's the truth.
Re: Stop Electricity Subsidy, IMF Tells FG by blueAgent(m): 4:58am On May 25
Fedrams:
Na Ogun go kill this IMF oooo
These people this bit want Africa to progress. These are part of the reason they killed Gafaffi. No libea is in shambles

quote author=TouchNfollow post=129924448]

https://punchng.com/stop-electricity-subsidy-imf-tells-fg/#google_vignette

Childish comments
Re: Stop Electricity Subsidy, IMF Tells FG by blueAgent(m): 5:01am On May 25
lastkingsman:

Nobody (especially superpowers) is neither your enemy nor your friend. It's all about interests.

Russia dealt (and still dealing) with their neighbours in the past. Nobody holy past.

Without the west, Taiwan, Singapore, South Korea, Japan wouldn't be where they are today.

Every country borrows but our leaders borrow for consumption (corruption).

Bring down exchange rate less than 400 (which is doable by ramping crude oil production) and their would be no need to pay subsidy riddled with corruption

God bless, abeg school this clowns.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How APC Will Succeed - Governor Oshiomhole / Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others / Osun Poll: 2 Eos Not Suspended For Electoral Fraud —INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.