Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,253 members, 7,849,913 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:29 AM

Why You Should Never Pay Your Workers In Advance (pics) - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why You Should Never Pay Your Workers In Advance (pics) (53576 Views)

Intels Sacks 600 Workers In Rivers, Warri / Riots: Indians Accused Of Molesting Female Workers In Atiku's Company In Yola / EFCC Uncovers 1000 Ghost Workers In Kwara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Never Pay Your Workers In Advance (pics) by Sccarrr: 7:25pm On May 14
Yea..same way I paid my gen engineer for a part he claimed is already getting worned out
,So he suggested I fix it if I have the money..
I called him for another stuff actually ,so I paid for the whole workmanship and transport to go get the new stuff ..naso he started giving different excuse week in week out , same wayre was telling me yesterday his wife gave birth and he's expecting gift ...I just look am like 😏

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Never Pay Your Workers In Advance (pics) by Throwback: 7:25pm On May 14
Slizzords:
See this one way never Comot for him village for ogbomoso dey talk

Because you are a riff-raff, you think all those you interact with on this forum are like you?

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Never Pay Your Workers In Advance (pics) by oglalasioux(m): 7:26pm On May 14
Throwback:
I have suffered this regret many times.

Humans are the same in every part of the world, just that some parts have a good legal system to keep humans in check.

The bolded is the only reason Whites are better than us. Human beings are the same the world over. The reason for governments is to keep things in check. But in Black Africa, my tribal thief is simply better than yours.

Black Africa must be recolonized!

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Never Pay Your Workers In Advance (pics) by Offpoint1: 7:26pm On May 14
Not with me. If a client pays in full, I feel indebted, and the job becomes top priority.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Never Pay Your Workers In Advance (pics) by phorget(m): 7:28pm On May 14
I know of a man(God will always bless that man for me), he will pay you all your money ones the negotiation has been sealed.
The first thing I do in this situation is to buy all the materials needed for the job and I dont touch the remaining funds until the first day of starting the job and that is cos I'll need to pay the workers.

My secret is that I have some other stream of income so I prioritize every fund for the exact thing they are meant for, I dont even touch the suppose profit until the work is executed.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Never Pay Your Workers In Advance (pics) by LordIsaac(m): 7:28pm On May 14
This would be an interesting subject for exploration for people doing Sociology of labor/employment.

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Never Pay Your Workers In Advance (pics) by gasparpisciotta: 7:29pm On May 14
crestedaguiyi:
Nonsense generalization

Abi o. Dumb employer. Negotiation skill 0. No accountability etc
Re: Why You Should Never Pay Your Workers In Advance (pics) by alizma: 7:32pm On May 14
NeckingNgulping:
It's only a stupid worker that would behave this way. Good ones don't behave like this.

You should be happy he paid all, so it can be well utilized.
The reverse is actually the case, it is stupidity to pay in full upfront when the work is yet to be done, except where the term of agreement said so and you have no alternative.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Never Pay Your Workers In Advance (pics) by meobizy(f): 7:32pm On May 14
I have no idea why low-class workers have this sentiment. Oh well, it's why they remain at the bottom of the food chain in society.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Never Pay Your Workers In Advance (pics) by Risingblue008(m): 7:32pm On May 14
Jfuf
Re: Why You Should Never Pay Your Workers In Advance (pics) by udemzyudex(m): 7:37pm On May 14
Na why i no dey collect money till I'm through with the job, even if the client offers to pay ahead.

I go tell am baba hold am, when I'm through I'll let you know.
Paying in advance be like say I dey owe you debt ni and I no want dey feel that way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Never Pay Your Workers In Advance (pics) by NACE13: 7:38pm On May 14
This is why my father and his cousin are currently having an issue. Years ago, my dad paid the money in full to install sliding windows for his house but the cvnt lavished the money, buying phones, shoes and other useless things. Then decided to buy inferior window panes for the job. Some fit, while some didn't. Currently rusting and wasting away in his backyard as I'm posting this.

Even when I'm doing a job, I never touch the money till I'm done or sometimes, I insist on half payment to get the material needed for the job

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Never Pay Your Workers In Advance (pics) by tunjijones(m): 7:40pm On May 14
Puss360:
Lol... True... But mostly depends on the type of job...
Half payment is always recommended, to buy materials needed for the job, then after doing the job, the remaining payment will be "Workmanship money"...

But collecting everything once, lol, will be like being in debted to the customer grin

But you are actually indebted to the customer?

Na people like you the OP dey refer to.
Re: Why You Should Never Pay Your Workers In Advance (pics) by oyeb15: 7:40pm On May 14
The feeling that food is coming motivates the soul than when food is inside d stomach

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Never Pay Your Workers In Advance (pics) by RevenuesBoost(f): 7:41pm On May 14
DataCrab:
This is why you should never pay your workers their money in advance. Only pay after a well done job.

In my area, for jobs like this, you give them a very nice meal that'll sustain them to work for the day, then pay them after the job.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Never Pay Your Workers In Advance (pics) by article1: 7:42pm On May 14
This is not 100% true. Some workers will hasten up your work as soon as you pay them all their money for the job, particularly when they have other job or engagement elsewhere. The man in the picture may be resting and not necessarily been lazy because he has been paid upfront.
Re: Why You Should Never Pay Your Workers In Advance (pics) by vikstandon(m): 7:42pm On May 14
DataCrab:
This is why you should never pay your workers their money in advance. Only pay after a well done job.

Hope is an Energizer!

If there's nothing to hope for, you die!

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Never Pay Your Workers In Advance (pics) by Godset1: 7:42pm On May 14
turmacs:
Lolzz. Once money don enter their hand like this, they will not be motivated to do the job well again. This is how some people end up with leaking POP when it rains, e.t.c. grin
I have always pay in full... because it help me to calculate well and focus on other matters. Leakage of pop is not d cause of the pop man but the roofing is not okay.
Re: Why You Should Never Pay Your Workers In Advance (pics) by McLizbae: 7:47pm On May 14
Licking pop is due to licking roof nah... If your roof is licking, your pop will lick regardless the quality.
turmacs:
Lolzz. Once money don enter their hand like this, they will not be motivated to do the job well again. This is how some people end up with leaking POP when it rains, e.t.c. grin

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Never Pay Your Workers In Advance (pics) by Goddyj(m): 7:47pm On May 14
As a professional Plumber, I only collect about 30% of my payment at the start of any contract.
The 70% balance only comes when I'm done with the job. This has helped me a lot.
Re: Why You Should Never Pay Your Workers In Advance (pics) by jahsharon: 7:48pm On May 14
DataCrab:

Even you wey no even get POS kiosk dey post this nonsense. Shey you want make Ogun kee you ni?
Re: Why You Should Never Pay Your Workers In Advance (pics) by nonhuman(m): 7:51pm On May 14
I don't understand why people can't be like me
Re: Why You Should Never Pay Your Workers In Advance (pics) by CaptainFM1: 7:54pm On May 14
Puss360:
Half payment is always recommended, to buy materials needed for the job, then after doing the job, the remaining payment will be "Workmanship money"...

But collecting everything once, lol, will be like being in debted to the customer grin

Always separate material money from workmanship. For me I like to be fully involved in the purchase of materials too. Only the workmanship is what I pay when the job is completed or in proportionate to the level they have reached in the work.
Re: Why You Should Never Pay Your Workers In Advance (pics) by Kingzmate(m): 7:56pm On May 14
THAT IS NOT LEGAL cool

INSTEAD OF HALF PAYMENT grin

PAY IN FULL, THAT'S HOW I ROLL kiss
Re: Why You Should Never Pay Your Workers In Advance (pics) by NeckingNgulping(m): 7:58pm On May 14
alizma:

The reverse is actually the case, it is stupidity to pay in full upfront when the work is yet to be done, except where the term of agreement said so and you have no alternative.

When the worker stupidly fails to fulfill his own part of the deal/ agreement, only then will the job owner look stupid.

I understand your perspective, though.
Re: Why You Should Never Pay Your Workers In Advance (pics) by bewla(m): 8:01pm On May 14
turmacs:
leaking pop is not the fault of the pop man but the roof man that does the roofing

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Never Pay Your Workers In Advance (pics) by Bobbyjay001(m): 8:08pm On May 14
Puss360:

You will run after them tire 😉
Re: Why You Should Never Pay Your Workers In Advance (pics) by Lantosed: 8:09pm On May 14
UnknownQueen:
When paid in full and I'm yet to execute the job, I set the money aside and do not touch it until I've completed the job.
Then it means the OP is Correct, 😊

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Never Pay Your Workers In Advance (pics) by Cmanforall: 8:10pm On May 14
DataCrab:

Sad situation

Also, they can delay a week job for 3 months. Your job will be parttine while they hustle day jobs outside grin
Re: Why You Should Never Pay Your Workers In Advance (pics) by YoungLionken(m): 8:13pm On May 14
I was once a victim (we all are) of this experience. Paid the boy in full, "oya come do your work complete", e turn something else with many "I go come today come tomorrow". I almost arrest the idiat sad!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Never Pay Your Workers In Advance (pics) by chatinent: 8:15pm On May 14
I paid an artist in full for a work and he didn't complete it two years ago. We had series of issues about it and guess what? He still didn't complete it. Two years later, I met him again and asked if he loved wahala this much and he spoke more normally now. I had to add some sum (due to high cost now) before he came and completed the same work we had an agreement on two years ago.

So I support this.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Never Pay Your Workers In Advance (pics) by newoffer: 8:15pm On May 14
It is not nonsense o. I gave a tailor 8 cloth to do. He told me he has finished it. Only to get to his shop brother never even cut the material
crestedaguiyi:
Nonsense generalization

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara / Godwill Dike Accused Of Torturing His Staff, Sheidu Ozovehe (Photos) / How Much Can A Petrol Station Manager Earn?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.