Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,709 members, 7,862,239 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 12:06 PM

Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? (27932 Views)

Tenant Who Was Served Quit Notice Builds Beautiful House Opposite Landlord / My Landlord And I / Should The Tenant Who Is Served A Quit Notice Still Pay The Landlord? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by PlasmaTV: 10:59pm On May 21
lawrenty50:
…after collecting damage fee,then it’s d landlord’s right to repair it.
Thank you ooo!

1 Like

Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by PlasmaTV: 11:00pm On May 21
AdisaOwala:

What if the landlord is not staying there?
Then the tenants should really round and repair it
Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by PlasmaTV: 11:00pm On May 21
gigabyte13:

Landlord should repair it because
He is living with you Gus right...?
Something all of you are using but
If he increases house rent now, he is a wicked person....
On the long run, it's the property of the landlord, and since the tenants paid damage/caution fees, the landlord should repair.

My thoughts.
Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by PlasmaTV: 11:01pm On May 21
onuman:

Story. After the landlord repairs the pump, tenants damage the pump again. Landlord comes back to repair the pump? It's not like that. Tenants who use the pump must repair the pump.
If landlord lives in the same house, he will also contribute to the repair.
When the tenants aren't children. We are talking about damage from wear and tear, not carelessness.
Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by Tallesty1(m): 2:46am On May 22
Shattuck:
this is quite an irresponsible and selfish statement, when you enter into a new property and everything is in perfect shape it is just duty to make sure everything remains so at the point of departure, you can't come to someone property and damage appliances like that, I had one who damaged the door with hammer because he had a fight with his ex, he claimed it was the ex who did it who gets to fix a damage door, with cost of fixing it almost 20k, we can all complain about landlords but most tenants aren't nice people at all, they don't give a damn about the state of the property, and they have no sense of responsibility, if not for caution fee and other compulsory obligation and monitoring, you would have a case where most houses would be unhabitable after a tenant leaves.
How exactly is damage from wear comparable to breaking the door with a hammer?
Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by BeeNG3: 3:56am On May 22
If I hear! LANDLORD LANDLORD LANDLORD LANDLORD LANDLORD LANDLORD LANDLORD
Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by frozen70(f): 7:43am On May 22
PlasmaTV:

I have a different opinion. If I'm the landlord, and I'm living with them, I'll repair the machine.

That's good
Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by Akposkiz: 8:02am On May 22
Tenants!
Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by Ochyes: 8:13am On May 22
PlasmaTV:
It's the property of the landlord, so the landlord should repair it.
Is it only the landlord that is using it.
Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by PlasmaTV: 8:16am On May 22
Ochyes:
Is it only the landlord that is using it.
No. But the tenants paid damage fee as part of their rent...if the damage of the machine was caused from normal wear and tear, landlord should repair.
Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by Luckybelt: 8:24am On May 22
Puss360:

Why should you deduct it from next rent? Are you doing it for the landlord or yourself?
Didn't you enter the house to see a functioning pumping machine?
Why the entitlement mentality?
Oh so if everything is intact including the roof before I came in, and the roof pull off, I should fix it? Well my landlord never argue with me on pumping machine
Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by adanny01(m): 12:57pm On May 22
nifemi25:
It's definitely the landlord that will repair it if it's spoil before you park in but if you have eventually park in already before the pump develop an issue... Everyone benefitting from the pump will surely contribute to repair it...

My house agreement specifically says Landlord.

The reason being that if tenant gets an unqualified plumber, the borehole can be damaged beyond repair and it will be the landlords loss. Such repairs that could possibly condemn the borehole should rest on the landlords.
Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by Felixv: 1:03pm On May 22
technically the tenants should pay -the landlord bought the pumping machine for the house but he/she is not the one using it so the tenants are responsible for the maintenance of that equipment.

on the other hand if they have a generous landlord or if the machine has been used for a long time and broke down then the landlord should be responsible.

Again the tenancy agreement should have made it clear who is responsible for the pumping machine.
Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by lateefykn84(m): 4:36pm On May 22
Yes, the Landlord is responsible for external repairs
But in the case of pumping machine.

Basically it's the responsibility of the G0VT to provide water for you while you p@y for it.

But if your Landlord has provided water for you and he is not charging you for the service of providing water for you, then it becomes the responsibility of everyone staying in the apartment to join hands and fix the Pumping machine.

But if you are p@ying the landlord monthly for water, then it becomes his responsibility to fix it.

Meanwhile, replacement of the pumping machine ramains the full responsibility of the Landlord

Ignorance of the law is not an excuse

1 Like

Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by RushManni: 1:29am On May 23
Shattuck:
one thing that kill borehole is low current or fluctuating current, some evil tenants don't care with low current them go just go on borehole, the light can be going on and off 20 times in 30 seconds Dem go still go on borehole, how about the ones who when them know the tap isn't running they will leave the various tap on, when they aren't around and you pump less than an hour water don finish, sharing responsibility is the only way to make everyone act responsible.

That's true. Although it's alien to me - I guess it's cos I can't wrap around if such happens .....except the people are insane.

1 Like

Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by MIKOLOWISKA: 5:31am On May 23
SALLYBERRY01:
Between Landlord and Tenant who should repair a faulty Pumping Machine?
who is using the pump
Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by MIKOLOWISKA: 5:32am On May 23
Puss360:

Lol, property of landlord, but is being used by tenants... So if the tenants misuse it , it should still be landlord that will replace it because "It's the property of the landlord"...

We always don't like taking responsibility for our actions
is it only landlord that is using it? Think before you talk
Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by Puss360(f): 10:30am On May 23
MIKOLOWISKA:
is it only landlord that is using it? Think before you talk
What if the landlord doesn't live in thesame compound? You sef think
Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by jmichael259(m): 5:14pm On May 23
headboyprince:
you're wrong . Usually it's in the tenancy agreement if you the tenant is responsible for repairs or the landlord. And most of the times it's the landlord and can be sued if he defaults.

So stop spilling trash that's not how it's done in Europe. It's only in Nigeria people in authory don't like to take responsibilities.

Oluku, since you can't make a statement without using insults to display your poor parental upbringing, do houses in Europe rely on borehole or direct to government? What exactly are you suing the landlord for? Is he collecting your tax money? Is water pump integral part of house structure? Was it the landlord that used or spoiled it? Just because he's not even charging you water rate, you now think you have audacity to useless it for him to be buying and changing pump?
The landlord's duty is to fix the building plumbing and electricals up to code, making it possible to connect to the grid.
It's none of his business if the government grid doesn't exist or fails to work. You can't sue your landlord for blackout or water shortage. You can only sue him for not installing pipes and wires originally in the building to aid you access those amenities provided by the public government.
So you can all take your wise ass Siddon one side and wait for Tinubu's renewed hope to come to fulfilment in that regard.
Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by jmichael259(m): 5:34pm On May 23
Puss360:

Lol, property of landlord, but is being used by tenants... So if the tenants misuse it , it should still be landlord that will replace it because "It's the property of the landlord"...

We always don't like taking responsibility for our actions

So if you take or use my property (shoe, car, motorcycle, phone etc) and you spoil it, you and I, who is the one to replace it for each other? Some of Una sense dey lost in Sambisa.
Me, I've kuku decided Nigerian tenants don't deserve compensation. It's either tenants source pump yourself or landlord charging water rate separately.
Since you know you won't fix my property when you spoil it, leave it there for me or disconnect. Don't touch, don't use.
Go and call water tanker or carry your own pump come.
Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by jmichael259(m): 5:39pm On May 23
Luckybelt:

Oh so if everything is intact including the roof before I came in, and the roof pull off, I should fix it? Well my landlord never argue with me on pumping machine

Roof is part of his building
Pump is not. Calm down and think about it.
Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by headboyprince(m): 7:10pm On May 23
jmichael259:

Oluku, since you can't make a statement without using insults to display your poor parental upbringing, do houses in Europe rely on borehole or direct to government? What exactly are you suing the landlord for? Is he collecting your tax money? Is water pump integral part of house structure? Was it the landlord that used or spoiled it? Just because he's not even charging you water rate, you now think you have audacity to useless it for him to be buying and changing pump?
The landlord's duty is to fix the building plumbing and electricals up to code, making it possible to connect to the grid.
It's none of his business if the government grid doesn't exist or fails to work. You can't sue your landlord for blackout or water shortage. You can only sue him for not installing pipes and wires originally in the building to aid you access those amenities provided by the public government.
So you can all take your wise ass Siddon one side and wait for Tinubu's renewed hope to come to fulfilment in that regard.
is better you close your mouth rather than talk out of ignorance.

We're not talking of govt water but borehole.

how can borehole be misused something inside the ground you have sense at all

borehole houses normally cost more . A house of 100k without borehole will go for 200k. . So the 100k extra is for chilling abi.

Assuming it spoils today and IAM packing out tomorrow I'll now come and repair it

You've forgotten tenant can pack out tomorrow . So who will now feel the losses when new ones come in looking for house with functional borehole you'll tell them it's old tenants that spoilt it
Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by headboyprince(m): 7:14pm On May 23
jmichael259:

So if you take or use my property (shoe, car, motorcycle, phone etc) and you spoil it, you and I, who is the one to replace it for each other? Some of Una sense dey lost in Sambisa.
Me, I've kuku decided Nigerian tenants don't deserve compensation. It's either tenants source pump yourself or landlord charging water rate separately.
Since you know you won't fix my property when you spoil it, leave it there for me or disconnect. Don't touch, don't use.
Go and call water tanker or carry your own pump come.
normally landlord should be checking the regularly or appiont someone to be pumping it if you dont trust the tenants. You landlords are lazy and don't do checkup reason you expect tenant to fix the house for you.
Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by Ezekiel7681: 9:44pm On May 23
Here’s a detailed look at the considerations involved:

https://paytolet.com/landlord-vs-tenant-who-pays-for-pumping-machine-repairs/
Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by Oluwasaudy(m): 6:04am On May 24
It's obvious you have never rented a house ...Mr man go and ask care takers or any landlord around you whats the meaning of caution fee ....so you are telling me you paying caution fee covers for the repairs in the compound or pumping machine to be fixed too ...go and rent a house first ...cos its obvious you have never rented one before
PlasmaTV:

Lol
Because I made an opinion, I have never rented a house before. You're funny.

If I'm a landlord living with tenants and the machine spoils, I will repair it. Didn't they pay caution fee?
Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by PlasmaTV: 6:41am On May 24
Oluwasaudy:
It's obvious you have never rented a house ...Mr man go and ask care takers or any landlord around you whats the meaning of caution fee ....so you are telling me you paying caution fee covers for the repairs in the compound or pumping machine to be fixed too ...go and rent a house first ...cos its obvious you have never rented one before
SHUT UP!!!
Because everybody does something doesn't mean it's right. Mr house renter. Just open your big mouth wahhhhh and yap anyhow. You think everyone is a struggling jambito like you?
Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by jmichael259(m): 8:37am On May 24
headboyprince:
is better you close your mouth rather than talk out of ignorance.

We're not talking of govt water but borehole.

how can borehole be misused something inside the ground you have sense at all

borehole houses normally cost more . A house of 100k without borehole will go for 200k. . So the 100k extra is for chilling abi.

Assuming it spoils today and IAM packing out tomorrow I'll now come and repair it

You've forgotten tenant can pack out tomorrow . So who will now feel the losses when new ones come in looking for house with functional borehole you'll tell them it's old tenants that spoilt it

It is your senselessness that is making you to packing up and down. You are a baby that shit on yourself abi? Landlord is lazy to be monitoring something that a perceived adult is using?! Like wtf🤷 See how you just opened mouth to expose your miserable life.
There are many towns that rely on water tank for supply, their house rent is still not dirt cheap. The landlord is now acting as government by digging borehole for your benefit and ordinary handling with care or maintenance is what you are crying about.
Why do you buy generator? You suppose wait for landlord to come and be powering your apartment too so that you will be spoiling his lister everyday and pack out tomorrow.

I live both as tenant and landlord. I never give trouble to my landlord. I handled all my tenants amicably and let off anyone before they become problematic. If tenant is reasonable, landlord no go remember all this things sef.
I have reduced their numbers and the rest of my properties I converted for business and agric because I don't want animals like you around.
SO IF A PLACE COSTS EXTRA 50-100K BECAUSE OF BOREHOLE, THAT'S WHY YOU CAN DO IT ANYHOW. IS IT FOR CRUISING?! NO, IT'S FOR LANDLORD TO NANNY YOU. WHICH NANNY WILL YOU PAY ONLY 50-100K FOR A WHOLE YEAR? WHY DIDN'T YOU GO TO THOSE CHEAPER ONES AS YOU NO LIKE TO KEEP BETTER THING?!
Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by kikelomojessy(f): 12:25pm On May 24
My landlord is a wonderful man. he will always make sure we tell him what's going bad and he usually fix it alone or bring a certain amount and the tenants contribute the rest . He doesn't stay in the compound.

SALLYBERRY01:
Between Landlord and Tenant who should repair a faulty Pumping Machine?
Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 2:37pm On May 24
Puss360:

We are talking about pumping machine not the building itself... Don't shift the goal post!!
So after he used the bore hole to woo tenants it is now not part of the building shay? If all the tenants move out will he fix it or sit back and form "it is not part of the building"? Landlords have the responsibility of maintaining their houses o, just like commercial drivers have the responsibility of maintaining their cars. They should not think they can just build houses, hand it over to tenants to maintain while the only thing they do is eat rent. That is entitlement pro max.
Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by Oluwasaudy(m): 6:22pm On May 24
Common sense is not common ...you don't have a sense ..go tell your papa to SHUT UP ...MUMU
PlasmaTV:

SHUT UP!!!
Because everybody does something doesn't mean it's right. Mr house renter. Just open your big mouth wahhhhh and yap anyhow. You think everyone is a struggling jambito like you?
Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by PlasmaTV: 6:57pm On May 24
Oluwasaudy:
Common sense is not common ...you don't have a sense ..go tell your papa to SHUT UP ...MUMU
You're an unrepentant dolt. Don't mention me again if you don't want thunder to fire your empty head. Akuko.
Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by MIKOLOWISKA: 9:13pm On May 25
Puss360:

What if the landlord doesn't live in thesame compound? You sef think
who is using it then? You no answer

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fire Razes Club G12 At Oniru Beach, Lagos (Photos) / Philanthropist Relocates Abia Woman From A Mud House To A New House (Photos ) / See The Proposed Nigeria Elevation Tower

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.