Stats: 3,161,284 members, 7,846,295 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Keyamo: Tinubu, Shettima Will Start Paying Toll Fare At Airports - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Keyamo: Tinubu, Shettima Will Start Paying Toll Fare At Airports (8772 Views)

Festus Keyamo: Tinubu Is Very Unfair To This Man Who Did A Lot For Him / Keyamo: Tinubu Already Speaking To Nigerians, Granting Interviews Not Compulsory / 2023: Tinubu/Shettima Will Win Presidential Election – Lalong (2) (3) (4)

Keyamo: Tinubu, Shettima Will Start Paying Toll Fare At Airports by iwaeda: 7:23pm On May 14
Minister of Aviation and Aerospace Development, Festus Keyamo, has said the ministry will soon start implementation of the mandatory payments of access fees by all visitors at all Federal Airport toll gates across the country.

Addressing reporters after the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting on Tuesday, Keyamo said the ministry has sought for and got the approval of FEC to ensure that there is no exemption.

He disclosed that the original memo was structured to exempt the President Bola Tinubu and Vice president Kashim Shettima, but added quickly that the President insisted that that there should be no exemption and all Nigerians should pay including his convoy.

He said: “The first approval that we sought and obtained was in respect of mandatory payments of access fees by all visitors at our federal airport toll gates nationwide. No more exemption. When we came to office, we met a tradition on the ground where at the end of the year, all manners of VIPs would approach us for what they call complimentary e-tags or complimentary stickers.

“They don’t pay the access fees. They don’t pay for parking, they don’t pay for essential services at airports, and they are VIPs. And I told myself and my team, I said not under my watch. It will not happen. If this tradition has been existing for years, I will not allow it to happen. Because it is inconceivable that in our country it is the VIPs that don’t pay for services but it is the poor men that pay for services.

“The VIPs was supposed to have money to pay for services but they compel poor men to pay for services. And I said no. I said we need the backing of council to compel everybody. In fact, guess what? Our memo says with the exception of the President and the Vice President. And the President overruled me and said he and the Vice President will pay, he said everybody.”

The Minister who lamented the decaying infrastructure in the airports, noted that said the situation has led to loss of billions of Naira annually and, “yet our airport infrastructure you know they’re decaying. I am helpless. I’m looking for concessionaires. I’m looking for help for decaying infrastructure and they’ll be the first to cry out, but they don’t pay for the services. So if we want improve infrastructure at the airport, we must pay for services.”
https://dailytrust.com/tinubu-shettima-will-start-paying-toll-fare-at-airports-keyamo/

Re: Keyamo: Tinubu, Shettima Will Start Paying Toll Fare At Airports by Paraman: 7:25pm On May 14
Nice one

Wealthy people should pay more tax

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Keyamo: Tinubu, Shettima Will Start Paying Toll Fare At Airports by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 7:25pm On May 14
sakamanje...just like they told us about PH refinery working last December

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keyamo: Tinubu, Shettima Will Start Paying Toll Fare At Airports by yarimo(m): 7:28pm On May 14
Nice one president TINUBU, everyone including him must pay .

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Keyamo: Tinubu, Shettima Will Start Paying Toll Fare At Airports by oglalasioux(m): 7:30pm On May 14
Keyamo being brilliant for the first time in so many years.

Re: Keyamo: Tinubu, Shettima Will Start Paying Toll Fare At Airports by Racoon(m): 7:43pm On May 14
Perhaps it is another milestone achievement of the failed government. Payment they will make from embezzled or government money. It is akin to saying they will go to filling stations to buy fuel. Make una continue to pleasuring una zombies. This is the idiocy they love to hear.

Re: Keyamo: Tinubu, Shettima Will Start Paying Toll Fare At Airports by iwaeda: 7:48pm On May 14
Taxes upon taxes. Very soon APC will ask you to pay toll for leaving your house. Ijoba amunisin.Nothing logical than IGR increment at detriment of citizens. grin grin grin grin

20 Likes

Re: Keyamo: Tinubu, Shettima Will Start Paying Toll Fare At Airports by haphizz57(m): 7:48pm On May 14
Pay frm govt purse to govt acct.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keyamo: Tinubu, Shettima Will Start Paying Toll Fare At Airports by 123yes(m): 7:50pm On May 14
Story to the birds. Which security will stop them in Nigeria to check their convoys

Re: Keyamo: Tinubu, Shettima Will Start Paying Toll Fare At Airports by DMerciful(m): 7:50pm On May 14
Tilumbu and his clowns think government is a joke.

They're still doing cosmetics governance while Nigerians keep suffering. Their eyes go clear eventually
Paraman:
Nice one

Wealthy people should pay more tax

Re: Keyamo: Tinubu, Shettima Will Start Paying Toll Fare At Airports by DMerciful(m): 7:53pm On May 14
KPMG already told them that they can't task the populace to prosperity
iwaeda:
Taxes upon taxes. Very soon APC will ask you to pay toll for leaving your house. Ijoba amunisin.Notjing logical than IGR increment at detriment of citizens. grin grin grin grin

Re: Keyamo: Tinubu, Shettima Will Start Paying Toll Fare At Airports by Paraman: 7:53pm On May 14
DMerciful:
Tilumbu and his clowns think government is a joke.

They're still doing cosmetics governance while Nigerians keep suffering. Their eyes go clear eventually
Tinubu is on the right path.
Re: Keyamo: Tinubu, Shettima Will Start Paying Toll Fare At Airports by ClearFlair: 7:54pm On May 14
yarimo:
Nice one president TINUBU, everyone including him must pay .

Pepepepe. Elejo wewe angry

Re: Keyamo: Tinubu, Shettima Will Start Paying Toll Fare At Airports by Macdeey: 7:56pm On May 14
lipsrsealed
Don't take us for FOOLS please !

Using tax payers money to pay for them as part of their travel allowance Abi ?
Not until now , I used to respect this Eeediiot !

Re: Keyamo: Tinubu, Shettima Will Start Paying Toll Fare At Airports by PlasmaTV: 8:19pm On May 14
Government of:

WILL
SHALL
PROMISE
HOPE TO

A failed government with failures as rulers.

Re: Keyamo: Tinubu, Shettima Will Start Paying Toll Fare At Airports by iwaeda: 10:29pm On May 14
DMerciful:
KPMG already told them that they can't task the populace to prosperity

angry grin grin grin
Re: Keyamo: Tinubu, Shettima Will Start Paying Toll Fare At Airports by Hollyharjii: 5:49am On May 15
Still a recycling thing. From govt purse-govt account

Re: Keyamo: Tinubu, Shettima Will Start Paying Toll Fare At Airports by VaginaAcademic: 5:50am On May 15
Una dey whine my nipple. grin
Re: Keyamo: Tinubu, Shettima Will Start Paying Toll Fare At Airports by Nahunger(m): 5:51am On May 15

Toll gate don reach
Toll Airport.

Nigerians una enter this one 🤣🤣😅😅

Re: Keyamo: Tinubu, Shettima Will Start Paying Toll Fare At Airports by Creamypie(m): 5:51am On May 15
Just imagine. I miss obasanjo government and I knew that after obj, we no go get president again

Re: Keyamo: Tinubu, Shettima Will Start Paying Toll Fare At Airports by Ensa777(f): 5:54am On May 15
Every govt organization is now a revenue generating agency

Haa! A Tax collector is now our president oo grin

Re: Keyamo: Tinubu, Shettima Will Start Paying Toll Fare At Airports by piriton: 5:54am On May 15
Funny country
Re: Keyamo: Tinubu, Shettima Will Start Paying Toll Fare At Airports by Flame333: 5:56am On May 15
One year on and this is one of the steps to turning the economy from consumption to exporter..

Just dey do your work

Everybody go get sense later

Re: Keyamo: Tinubu, Shettima Will Start Paying Toll Fare At Airports by magoo10(m): 5:56am On May 15
This one too na achievement for keyamo grin
He will use the money generated to crash the dollar grin
Re: Keyamo: Tinubu, Shettima Will Start Paying Toll Fare At Airports by Wainey: 5:58am On May 15
Even in developed countries, poor and middle class people pay more tax than the rich men
Re: Keyamo: Tinubu, Shettima Will Start Paying Toll Fare At Airports by snowball11(m): 6:00am On May 15
Which airports of the world do they pay toll at the gates? undecided

APC as a party is demonic! grin

Re: Keyamo: Tinubu, Shettima Will Start Paying Toll Fare At Airports by Offpoint1: 6:05am On May 15
Bulaba

Soon Nigerians go pay reproduction tax, living tax, breathing tax, dying tax and burial tax

Re: Keyamo: Tinubu, Shettima Will Start Paying Toll Fare At Airports by Legend44(m): 6:17am On May 15
Still with tax payers money

Re: Keyamo: Tinubu, Shettima Will Start Paying Toll Fare At Airports by Sakobaba(m): 6:19am On May 15
For sale!!

3 plots of land @ akodo ibeju lekki lagos.
Price: 3m per plot, altogether 9m
Title: Freehold. Contact zero nine zero one four four five nine eight zero six
Re: Keyamo: Tinubu, Shettima Will Start Paying Toll Fare At Airports by EmekaBlue(m): 6:19am On May 15
This one na news?! Govt just dey whine Nigerians

Abeg next

There's nothing to score about Tinubu's regime, it's terribly bad - Sowore / Un Rates Onitsha Among World's Fastest Growing Cities / Ngige Youth Stoning Story Fabricated !