Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,725 members, 7,851,483 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:28 PM

1.6m Nigerians Applied For Consumer Credit Scheme - MD - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 1.6m Nigerians Applied For Consumer Credit Scheme - MD (23214 Views)

President Tinubu Approves Takeoff Of Consumer Credit Scheme / President Tinubu Appoints Uzoma Nwagba As CEO Of Consumer Credit Corporation / FG To Pay Youth Unemployment Benefits, Sets Up Consumer Credit Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1.6m Nigerians Applied For Consumer Credit Scheme - MD by Bahamas95(m): 3:17pm On May 15
seunmsg:

US, UK and other western countries run a sustainable credit financing system. So, why do you think we won’t be able to sustain our own?
I hate it when people fake being patriotic.

See this one pretending as if he doesn't know what Nigeria politicians are capable of.

Re: 1.6m Nigerians Applied For Consumer Credit Scheme - MD by nedekid: 3:20pm On May 15
For Nigerians, e sweet to collect, but to pay, tori..
Different stories will come up. When they get embarrassed, they come here for pity, to form solidarity with their fellow onigbeses. undecided
Re: 1.6m Nigerians Applied For Consumer Credit Scheme - MD by Sleekfingers: 3:24pm On May 15
Most Nigerians don't like to pay their debts.....they will start telling you tortoise and rabbit stories.....

Some will even collect it to do a party.

1 Like

Re: 1.6m Nigerians Applied For Consumer Credit Scheme - MD by uuzba(m): 3:25pm On May 15
hosemujica:
Tribalism, nepotism and corruption won’t let it work otherwise it’s a fantastic idea. Portable comes to mind.

In fact, Nigerians are fantastically corrupt.
We have no sense of nationhood.
Re: 1.6m Nigerians Applied For Consumer Credit Scheme - MD by uuzba(m): 3:28pm On May 15
seunmsg:

US, UK and other western countries run a sustainable credit financing system. So, why do you think we won’t be able to sustain our own?
They don't have 500 tribes.
They were not colonised and FORCED to form their country.
They formed it freely by themselves.

This is the problem of Nigeria. This is why our people are perpetually NOT cooperating with our government.

2 Likes

Re: 1.6m Nigerians Applied For Consumer Credit Scheme - MD by akyus(m): 3:40pm On May 15
So this is also an achievement. Abeg na who do us?
Re: 1.6m Nigerians Applied For Consumer Credit Scheme - MD by ozo13(m): 3:43pm On May 15
nedu666:
Buy now, avoid payment. Opportunity to collect a part of the national cake. National cake is not only for president and govs
u dey give too much update nah. grin. No allow the MD see am ooo grin
Re: 1.6m Nigerians Applied For Consumer Credit Scheme - MD by Midehi3(f): 3:44pm On May 15
seunmsg:

Because they are thieves
Re: 1.6m Nigerians Applied For Consumer Credit Scheme - MD by Theoarhics: 3:50pm On May 15
Beremx:
they said 1.6million people have applied and you're asking who and who has applied? Something wey people rush to apply immediately the website was made available

Pls give me the link to the website. I want to apply.
Re: 1.6m Nigerians Applied For Consumer Credit Scheme - MD by Beremx(f): 3:53pm On May 15
Theoarhics:

Pls give me the link to the website. I want to apply.
https://www.credicorp.ng/
Re: 1.6m Nigerians Applied For Consumer Credit Scheme - MD by Basic123: 4:01pm On May 15
seunmsg:

You are replying an obidient!... they think with hate and pessimism in their heart

1 Like

Re: 1.6m Nigerians Applied For Consumer Credit Scheme - MD by Basic123: 4:04pm On May 15
Beremx:
https://www.credicorp.ng/

Tinubu should sack the minister of information and director of National orientation agency.

By now there should be jingles on radio stations and through social media influencer and comedians on this scheme. This is something PDP doesn't joke with.

How will Nigeriams know about latest bombing ,exchange rate,latest kidnapping without letting them know about this.

1 Like

Re: 1.6m Nigerians Applied For Consumer Credit Scheme - MD by theredaddy: 4:04pm On May 15
seunmsg:

Different country Different people, while credit financing system might be sustainable in advance countries cos they have a system that can not be easily manuever

In Naija credit finance scheme is seen as a share of national cake, most that applied have intentions to default, moreover we don't have a system the scheme will be run by people .. then corruption creeps in.
Re: 1.6m Nigerians Applied For Consumer Credit Scheme - MD by cutesharon(f): 4:12pm On May 15
Just so you all know, credit history in Nigeria is now linked worldwide. So no repay here, na abroad wey youbrun dem go say no credit for you. Kudos to CRC
Re: 1.6m Nigerians Applied For Consumer Credit Scheme - MD by BitterTruth0001: 4:17pm On May 15
seunmsg:

And what’s the penalty for not repaying ?

Lol this guys sef
You were not in this country when Ecobank introduced the naira credit card and ended up losing hundreds of millions of dollars which was eventually taken over by Amcon . I was in the bank .

Addresses change , information change , no enforcements etc . No be naija again ?

The UK and USA you mentioned have strong credit rating systems which will affect your borrowing ability when you default .
Re: 1.6m Nigerians Applied For Consumer Credit Scheme - MD by phorget(m): 4:19pm On May 15
seunmsg post=129964748
0:

Is it not the same workers that government usual owe salaries? So how are they suppose to pay back?🤷‍♂️
Re: 1.6m Nigerians Applied For Consumer Credit Scheme - MD by McLizbae: 4:42pm On May 15
What good thing has been realky sustained in Nigeria? i
seunmsg:

Re: 1.6m Nigerians Applied For Consumer Credit Scheme - MD by Beremx(f): 4:48pm On May 15
Basic123:

Tinubu should sack the minister of information and director of National orientation agency.

By now there should be jingles on radio stations and through social media influencer and comedians on this scheme. This is something PDP doesn't joke with.

How will Nigeriams know about latest bombing ,exchange rate,latest kidnapping without letting them know about this.

that's how many people didn't know about the presidential grant of 50k too. Many Nigerians that saw the scheme didn't believe and they said it's scam. I remember sharing the link on a WhatsApp group and majority of the people in the group said it's a scam. Nigerians and ignorance

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1.6m Nigerians Applied For Consumer Credit Scheme - MD by Jughead29: 4:49pm On May 15
Foolish country, 1.9m applied hope they'll all benefits If not may God punish all of you for trying to put more people in depression.

When programs are launched, close the website once the total number has reached your capacity. It's a very wicked attitude for allowing 1.9m people to apply for what at the end 1m will benefit throwing 900 into more depression
Re: 1.6m Nigerians Applied For Consumer Credit Scheme - MD by cinche(m): 4:58pm On May 15
Who be that guy asking who and who has applied ....I have applied,before then over 10 people close to me has ...am talking about 3 weeks agos ...info is key
Re: 1.6m Nigerians Applied For Consumer Credit Scheme - MD by tiger28: 5:00pm On May 15
REASON why Tinubu asked that NIN be linked with Bank account...........you default and you are black listed and chased perpetually.

Am not crazy about Tunubu BUT he is a progressively-thinking leader.

He is creative and thinks out of the box....We keep insulting him but you ask yourselves......WHY couldn't ALL the past leaders EVER think of all these things that he has produced

Education scheme, Eko Atlantic, lekki free trade zone etc??

You expect a former Custom officer or a Trader to think like developed countries think

Bobo Chicago is EXPOSED!

That's the DIFFERENCE!

I am a Northerner!

2 Likes

Re: 1.6m Nigerians Applied For Consumer Credit Scheme - MD by Deenillah(m): 5:14pm On May 15
Please How can one apply for this loan?
Re: 1.6m Nigerians Applied For Consumer Credit Scheme - MD by Basic123: 5:15pm On May 15
Beremx:
that's how many people didn't know about the presidential grant of 50k too. Many Nigerians that saw the scheme didn't believe and they said it's scam. I remember sharing the link on a WhatsApp group and majority of the people in the group said it's a scam. Nigerians and ignorance
Publicity is very poor under APC government since 2015.Opposition made sure their own noise mask government own!...thanks for social media
Re: 1.6m Nigerians Applied For Consumer Credit Scheme - MD by ElSudani: 5:20pm On May 15
tuzeriouz:
The scheme is not sustainable.

How is it not sustainable? A credit report doesn't mean you must take a loan.
The score is only used to determine your credit worthiness.
Re: 1.6m Nigerians Applied For Consumer Credit Scheme - MD by omumeen534: 5:27pm On May 15
Theoarhics:
Who are those that have applied. Cos I haven't seen anyone yet or any potter for application. They wan embezzle again oo

It has been online for quite a while now and the application closes today.
Re: 1.6m Nigerians Applied For Consumer Credit Scheme - MD by able20(m): 5:38pm On May 15
Theoarhics:
Who are those that have applied. Cos I haven't seen anyone yet or any potter for application. They wan embezzle again oo
Applications are for the senior BAT..arians only!
Re: 1.6m Nigerians Applied For Consumer Credit Scheme - MD by Burshh: 6:03pm On May 15
Theoarhics:

I did. Are you sure you being bitter is not clouding you up?
Re: 1.6m Nigerians Applied For Consumer Credit Scheme - MD by livebullet(m): 6:14pm On May 15
seunmsg:

Oga because your leaders are Nigerians not UK and US.
Na wa for you o
Re: 1.6m Nigerians Applied For Consumer Credit Scheme - MD by seunmsg(m): 6:18pm On May 15
Midehi3:

Because they are thieves

Who are thieves?

1 Like

Re: 1.6m Nigerians Applied For Consumer Credit Scheme - MD by seunmsg(m): 6:20pm On May 15
ovie8200:

The reason is that Nigerians don't have a job, and those who do have jobs don't make enough money to pay back every month. Unless it will be selected based on I know you as usual in the Nigerian system, it will be out of reach for millions and millions. Many will default so severely that the system will fail.

Of course, no one will grant you credit if you don’t have a verifiable source of income and means of repayment.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Female Suicide Bombers Blown To Pieces In Borno (Graphic Photos ) / I Disagree With Chinua Achebe, The Trouble With Nigeria Is Not Politicians, But / NWC Members Revolt Against Oshiomhole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.