Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,376 members, 7,853,673 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 09:23 PM

I Want To Start Pig Farming In The North - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / I Want To Start Pig Farming In The North (18661 Views)

How To Start Pig Farming In Nigeria – All The Secrets You Need To Know / Profitability Of Pig Farming In Nigeria / Can 750k Be Able To Start Pig Farming ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Start Pig Farming In The North by leisuretym: 6:07pm On May 17
Why are you discouraging him from starting piggery? He can even beg the Sultan to give him land and employ the locals, thereby creating employment and improving standard of living in the North, contact me if you need a partner
FreeStuffsNG:

Don't do it wink

Wisdom is profitable more than what gold and silver give.

You can have distributors in the North to cater to the few that may be consuming pork but your farm is better located far away from core North that's predominantly Muslim.

Pork is haram to Islam so at best, locate your farm in the middle belt part that's predominantly Christian and non-islamic but core North is a bad idea especially if you are 'an outsider'.

Just the thought and this post alone, in my opinion, is offensive and provocative. It's like trouble sleep your yanga go wake am.

May God bless you! Check my signature for free stuffs!
Re: I Want To Start Pig Farming In The North by Obiedun(m): 6:08pm On May 17
Wainey:
Muslims dont eat pig, so i heard
Yes but there are many non muslims in the north. At zamaru, zaria you see a lot of swine
Re: I Want To Start Pig Farming In The North by ivandragon: 6:09pm On May 17
Don't go looking for avoidable trouble...

Where exactly in the North do you intend to establish this business?

Have you done your investigations to be sure that the Indigenous people in the area would have no problems with you doing such business in view of their religious beliefs?

Northerns are generally lovely people without stress, but anything that they deem as a violation of thier religious tenets is swiftly dealt with in a destructive and decisive manner.

It is true that we have freedoms of movement and business, but Respect your hosts.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Start Pig Farming In The North by 89green: 6:14pm On May 17
dododawa1:
war

dey sleep

problem dey wake am

northern

and

pig/dog bussines

not in lines

grin
Re: I Want To Start Pig Farming In The North by Metordman: 6:14pm On May 17
weyreypey:

Says who?
you are about to make the worst decision of your life. Go mark today's date. Muslims don eat pork, and if u still go ahead to establish the farm, they will send environmental workers to seal your farm. Thier region/religion frawns at it. Don't let any one sweet talk u into it. The non Muslims are sparsely populated
Re: I Want To Start Pig Farming In The North by Elsueno: 6:14pm On May 17
ChatterHouse:
I use to have cows that I gave my cousins to help me graze but last year I decided to buy a piece of land to start a Close grazing

Unfortunately Bandits Rustled all the cows and killed two people managing the field area
I don't want to keep making loss all my investments in the North is next to nothing so I decided to invest in pork farming in the core North

Any advice please I heard pork farming is lucrative and am down to it

Abok# no dey eat pork, even for the Christians, alot of them do not eat it, especially those who grew up thier. But areas around barracks or with very large Christians populations consume it. Though you should make sure they are caged & not rooming about. Abok#s hate pigs
Re: I Want To Start Pig Farming In The North by Slimlord(m): 6:17pm On May 17
ChatterHouse:

I'm non practicing Muslim
Which state do you intend to start this business and which local government area
Re: I Want To Start Pig Farming In The North by Teymanhenry(f): 6:21pm On May 17
ChatterHouse:
I use to have cows that I gave my cousins to help me graze but last year I decided to buy a piece of land to start a Close grazing

Unfortunately Bandits Rustled all the cows and killed two people managing the field area
I don't want to keep making loss all my investments in the North is next to nothing so I decided to invest in pork farming in the core North

I think you could have specified which state you intend to do the business in so that people can advise you accordingly
Re: I Want To Start Pig Farming In The North by Elsueno: 6:22pm On May 17
Solcampbell:

Let him come an establish his farm in S.gari, nobody will attack him. Even the hisbah people whenever they come here, they only come to arrest their hypocritical brothers consuming alcohol in the night. They dare not touch the non indigenes in their quarters.

Stop being arrogant, no be the same people gave u land to stay?...Wasn't it just a few years ago, Kano people wanted to dismantle that sabon Gari area if not Buhari & sanusi had intervene
Re: I Want To Start Pig Farming In The North by treatise: 6:27pm On May 17
Wainey:
how many are they?
And how many of them eats pork.

Well goodluck to him
Have you been to the North?
Re: I Want To Start Pig Farming In The North by Badmashiii: 6:27pm On May 17
FreeStuffsNG:

Don't do it wink

You can have distributors in the North to cater to the few that may be consuming pork but your farm is better located far away from core North that's predominantly Muslim.

Pork is haram to Islam so at best, locate your farm in the middle belt part that's predominantly Christian and non-islamic but core North is a bad idea especially if you are 'an outsider'.

Just the thought and this post alone, in my opinion, is offensive and provocative. It's like trouble sleep your yanga go wake am.

Perfectly said. He who has ears should listen.

I'm a northerner and the mere proposal of such idea is already offensive to me. Rearing of pig of all animals in the core north? Op better be joking o.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Start Pig Farming In The North by jojothaiv(m): 6:28pm On May 17
ChatterHouse:

I'm non practicing Muslim
Like you're the first Nigeria I've met both online and IRL who is a non adhering Mohammedians, the thousand of folks out there can't even say it out with their full chest.

Back to the topic, if you're between Gombe, Bauchi, Nassarawa and any other states close to Plateau state, you can go ahead but anything from Kano down to the North West, I will say it's a capital no.

All in all, I wish you best of luck and I pray the business succeed and see the light of the day.

Watarana sai labari.

ChatterHouse:

Another valid point

Those villagers are wicked, they intentionally relaxed curfew so that the so called Bandit will have a field day

After reeking my cattle farm, I think pig farming will be the best way for me to recoup my losses
I lost over 47m just last year

Damn!

47 meter ba abu wasa ba!
Re: I Want To Start Pig Farming In The North by tweakstar: 6:30pm On May 17
ChatterHouse:

North not advised for Pig.
Pig is forbidden there.

Sorry about your loss.
Re: I Want To Start Pig Farming In The North by 1Sharon(f): 6:33pm On May 17
dkidd:

And where did u get that information from. Lol Nairaland 🤣🤣🤣

He's right. Pork isn't popular in Nigeria.
Re: I Want To Start Pig Farming In The North by Memyselfu2009(m): 6:36pm On May 17
You are looking for trouble
Re: I Want To Start Pig Farming In The North by Goodlady(f): 6:36pm On May 17
FreeStuffsNG:

Don't do it wink

Receive more brains. You v spoken well.
Most muslims especially those fanatics in core north ll frustrate the op's biz.
Re: I Want To Start Pig Farming In The North by SEGLIZ: 6:36pm On May 17
ChatterHouse:

Why will I leave my state of origin to another location and moreover is for only profit
which state are you from? how is the consumption over there in your state? do you have the population that will consume your produce? remember piggery comes with it's own risk also! shocked

1 Like

Re: I Want To Start Pig Farming In The North by GreaterFuture(m): 6:44pm On May 17
LexngtonSteele:
grin

Modified : You're a troll. Eat sh*t cheesy
He is?
Re: I Want To Start Pig Farming In The North by FoodFinance: 6:46pm On May 17
Get Started.

Wise Decision!

Meanwhile,

This Opportunity is For You if You Already Cultivate Crops or Rear Farm Animals for Human Consumptions.

If You Are Yet To Start, This is Not For You, Sorry. This is For ONLY People Who Has Proofs And Can Show That They Already Engage in Agriculture For A Minimum of 6 Months.

Read More Here:

https://www.nairaland.com/8095654/crypto-charity-grants-passion-agriculture#130004488
Re: I Want To Start Pig Farming In The North by Ishaupikin(m): 6:47pm On May 17
[quote author=ChatterHouse post=129967874]I use to have cows that I gave my cousins to help me graze but last year I decided to buy a piece of land to start a Close grazing

I will advice u to come niger state. Presizelly minna.
Re: I Want To Start Pig Farming In The North by ghettochild(m): 6:50pm On May 17
an infidel like u want to rear pigs....they will just kill your pigs n the innocent people you will be employing to care for them

1 Like

Re: I Want To Start Pig Farming In The North by StJasper(m): 6:53pm On May 17
ChatterHouse:

Go to Plateau state and set up your pig farm there.
Re: I Want To Start Pig Farming In The North by mu2sa2: 6:53pm On May 17
Muslims and Jews don't eat pork.
Re: I Want To Start Pig Farming In The North by beejay85: 6:57pm On May 17
ChatterHouse:
Why will I choose another location when that's my state of origin
Oga you want us to tell you that you are courting trouble?
We won't.. .proceed with your new endeavour...all the best to you but use your tongue to count your teeth sha

1 Like

Re: I Want To Start Pig Farming In The North by ebubenmuo(f): 6:58pm On May 17
]I use to have cows that I gave my cousins to help me graze but last year I decided to buy a piece of land to start a Close grazing

[/quote]

Guy please don't they'll burn it down.
It's Haram I'm the north
I stay in the north and know what's obtainable
Re: I Want To Start Pig Farming In The North by chccho(m): 6:59pm On May 17
ChatterHouse:

U want to leave cow grazing, to pig farming in the core north? Well done o!!

Rustlers took away your cows and killed 2 people, yet this isn't enough for u.
When u rare the pigs they will feed u to the pigs

1 Like

Re: I Want To Start Pig Farming In The North by MEEVEET: 7:00pm On May 17
Wainey:
Muslims dont eat pig, so i heard
At one time the biggest pig farm in the world was in Kano

Do your research

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lagos Empowers 190 Youths, Women In Fish Cage Culture / Akwa Ibom Government Boosts Cocoa Farming With 500,000 Seedlings / I Have 1million And I Want To Invest In Agricultural Farm Within Ondo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.