Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,077 members, 7,852,666 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:19 PM

Gbenga Daniel: Southwest Will Be Home To 50% Of Nigerians By 2050 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbenga Daniel: Southwest Will Be Home To 50% Of Nigerians By 2050 (14405 Views)

Abdul Haady Tiamiyu: Street Children In Southwest Will Be Worse Than Boko Haram / "Happy To Be Home" - Nigerian Soldier With His Family After War With Boko Haram / Southwest Will Stick With Osinbajo. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gbenga Daniel: Southwest Will Be Home To 50% Of Nigerians By 2050 by hammer567: 10:29am On May 16
CapitalBank:

Bros, let me tell you what is happening. But before then, read "The Confession of an Economic Hit Man"

Whether you accept this or not, what he said is happening but slowly. SW is the only seemly peaceful and economically vibrant region as of today in the whole of Nigeria, especially Lagos and it is not by accident.

My former school mate was telling me he wants to leave Warri to Ondo. Why?

A lot fo Nigerians from other Southern regions are moving to South West but it is not by mistake or error and these places where they are moving from have almost become economically stagnant. Imagine someone telling you that they are moving from Warri to Ondo... Flash back to decades ago when Warri was bubbling with expatriates and white oil workers along with other Niger Delta states... then BOOM insecurity and unrest.. one by one, those oil companies moved their HQ to Lagos.

South East was relatively peaceful... then BOOM, we have killings going on, Dora Akunyili's husband was murdered in the process along with prominent Igbo leaders. Meanwhile the guy behind it was caught printing flyers in Lagos, with Lagos vehicle.

The earlier other Southern states wake, the better for them.

LOL,

WE WILL ALL LIVE IN SW RIGHT, BECAUSE OF OIL ANBD GAS FROM IGBOLAND? angry
Re: Gbenga Daniel: Southwest Will Be Home To 50% Of Nigerians By 2050 by ImoleNaija: 10:30am On May 16
hammer567:

YOU DONT HAVE LAND, LAGOS IS NIGERIA LAND BECAUSE IT IS OUR MONEY THAT BUILT THE INFRASTRUCTURE THERE.

YORUBA DID NOT BUILD DO U KNOW HOW MUCH IBB USE TO BUILD THIRD MAINLAND BRIDGE?

HOW MUCH WE SPENT ON PLACES LIKE VICTORIA ISLAND, IKEJA, FESTAC TOWN ETC?

U CAN ONLY LAY CLAIM TO THINGS YOU INVESTED YOUR MONEY BECAUSSE THAT IS WHAT YOU OWN.

AS AMATTER OF FACT, WE HAVE GROWN TIRED OF YOUR NONSENSE, LAGOON AND AGBERO, EVERY ELECTION.

WHAT WE ARE SAYING IS GO AND BUILD YOUR LAND YOURSELF AND LEAVE US ALONE.

I no get.

Do you want all Yoruba people to vacate so you can bring more of your people to Lag for more development

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gbenga Daniel: Southwest Will Be Home To 50% Of Nigerians By 2050 by HBB1(m): 10:32am On May 16
CapitalBank:

Bros, let me tell you what is happening. But before then, read "The Confession of an Economic Hit Man"

Whether you accept this or not, what he said is happening but slowly. SW is the only seemly peaceful and economically vibrant region as of today in the whole of Nigeria, especially Lagos and it is not by accident.

A lot fo Nigerians from other Southern regions are moving to South West but it is not by mistake or error and these places where they are moving from have almost become economically stagnant. Imagine someone telling you that they are moving from Warri to Ondo... Flash back to decades ago when Warri was bubbling with expatriates and white oil workers along with other Niger Delta states... then BOOM insecurity and unrest.. one by one, those oil companies moved their HQ to Lagos.

South East was relatively peaceful... then BOOM, we have killings going on, Dora Akunyili's husband was murdered in the process along with prominent Igbo leaders. Meanwhile the guy behind it was caught printing flyers in Lagos, with Lagos vehicle.

So it is Lagos that is sponsoring IPOB?
How daft can you be?

Or is it Ondo that is sponsoring Niger Delta militants?
Guess Oyo is sponsoring Boko Haram.

It is normal for a black man to blame every other person but himself.

Better don't miss your medicine this morning.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbenga Daniel: Southwest Will Be Home To 50% Of Nigerians By 2050 by SonofLagos: 10:33am On May 16
chiagozien:
South West,do he mean Lagos?

Because Lagos is home for everyone, from North, South, East and south west.

Lagos is no man's land
grin chiagozie today is Oro festival, why not ask mama ngozi to go out or your mother? Here is the time to test your might, dont be a coward hiding behind your phone....the gods are tasty for Okoro blood grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gbenga Daniel: Southwest Will Be Home To 50% Of Nigerians By 2050 by HBB1(m): 10:33am On May 16
hammer567:

LOL,

WE WILL ALL LIVE IN SW RIGHT, BECAUSE OF OIL ANBD GAS FROM IGBOLAND? angry

Is Niger Delta now Igboland?

What a clown.

Besides stop typing with Caps lock... abi you no go school?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gbenga Daniel: Southwest Will Be Home To 50% Of Nigerians By 2050 by HBB1(m): 10:34am On May 16
SonofLagos:
grin chiagozie today is Oro festival, why not ask mama ngozi to go out or your mother? Here is the time to test your might, dont be a coward hiding behind your phone....the gods are tasty for Okoro blood grin

Ogun fe feje we!
🤣

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbenga Daniel: Southwest Will Be Home To 50% Of Nigerians By 2050 by PHIPEX(m): 10:34am On May 16
Coldspice:

You come to my land and vote for my opposition. Is that how my people come to your land and vote for your opposition?

You will see shege by the time I'm done with you ungrateful economic refugee.
Inferiority complex is worrying you, the opposition are people from the moon right?
Re: Gbenga Daniel: Southwest Will Be Home To 50% Of Nigerians By 2050 by ImoleNaija: 10:35am On May 16
HBB1:

So it is Lagos that is sponsoring IPOB?
How daft can you be?

Or is it Ondo that is sponsoring Niger Delta militants?
Guess Oyo is sponsoring Boko Haram.

It is normal for a black man to blame every other person but himself.

Better don't miss your medicine this morning.

He did already....lol

Let's hope he won't miss the evening medication.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbenga Daniel: Southwest Will Be Home To 50% Of Nigerians By 2050 by SonofLagos: 10:37am On May 16
Oghene86:

As how? With all the demolition presently going on in Lagos state, don't be deceived people are planning on relocating.
lies from the pitvof hell, migrants from sad east keep jumping on the next available night bus to ragos and Sw despite the so called demolition......go to jibowu or any park in lagos later tonight to clear your doubt grin

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gbenga Daniel: Southwest Will Be Home To 50% Of Nigerians By 2050 by SonofLagos: 10:38am On May 16
HBB1:

Ogun fe feje we!
🤣
grin

2 Likes

Re: Gbenga Daniel: Southwest Will Be Home To 50% Of Nigerians By 2050 by Topsido(m): 10:39am On May 16
We love our Ibo brothers and their sweet sweet sisters. They are welcome as long as they don't come with external agenda. They don't need to develop their land. Erosion is too much. The soil is red and very bad. We can manage SW together. They need to go through compulsory program of ethnic amnesia, forget everything Igbo and assimilate into Omoluabi lifestyle.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gbenga Daniel: Southwest Will Be Home To 50% Of Nigerians By 2050 by AnambraPikinSel: 10:40am On May 16
Justiceleague1:
Yessooo... especially the North man's land centre if excellence grin grin grin

Connies et ëaffonjass can manage iragbiji and co gaskiya walai!!!!

IYALAYA anybody 😁

No go talk to your people for Anambra

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbenga Daniel: Southwest Will Be Home To 50% Of Nigerians By 2050 by SonofLagos: 10:42am On May 16
hammer567:
I REJECT THAT IN JESUS NAME.

THE WAY YORUBA ARE GOING ABOUT THIS NIGERIA MAKES SOME OF US WISH THE NIGERIA WIL NOT EXIST AGAIN.

THEY WILL BE SHOUTING YORUBA RONU BUT ARE ALL QUIET NOW AS TINUBU IS DIVERTING PENSION FUNDS JUST TO BUILD ROAD FROM LAGOS TO CALABAR FOR MORE INFLUX INTO LAGOS.

WE HAVE TOLD THEM WE WANT TO USE THAT MONEY TO DEVELOP DEEP SEAPORTS IN EVERY COAST STATE, SEAPORTS, RIVER PORTS AND DRYLAND PORTS BUT NO, EVERYTHING MUST BE SITED IN LAGOS.

grin Okoro where is the sea in Igbo land? Alaibo is landlocked abi you want govt be build artificial seaport just to satisfy your deluded ego? Your ancestora could only settle for an erosion ravaged land.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbenga Daniel: Southwest Will Be Home To 50% Of Nigerians By 2050 by PlasmaTV: 10:43am On May 16
anonimi:

Very drunk lootocrat who should start by telling us what development he achieved in Ogun for eight years for basic services and utilities plus facilities to everyone.
Yep. He looted to stupor. The fact that he has audacity to be in the public eye says a lot about our nation. A very terrible human being. Unfortunately, the current governor isn't very different.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gbenga Daniel: Southwest Will Be Home To 50% Of Nigerians By 2050 by phorget(m): 10:45am On May 16
Coldspice:

You come to my land and vote for my opposition. Is that how my people come to your land and vote for your opposition?

You will see shege by the time I'm done with you ungrateful economic refugee.

Did they stop you from going to.their own land? Because you eat poo so I should just join you to eat poo just because I live in your land right?This idea of your politicking would backfire on you one day and that one day is minus one today.
Do they interfere in your selection of obas? Election is adjudged a federal exercise so why cant anyone vote for whomever the choice? Make una dey try get sense abeg.
Re: Gbenga Daniel: Southwest Will Be Home To 50% Of Nigerians By 2050 by integrity16(m): 10:45am On May 16
Brilliant from the South West Senators.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbenga Daniel: Southwest Will Be Home To 50% Of Nigerians By 2050 by Lanre1st(m): 10:45am On May 16
Igbo will talk against this statement, but in reality they don't live in their homeland

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbenga Daniel: Southwest Will Be Home To 50% Of Nigerians By 2050 by tctrills: 10:46am On May 16
Holluwhakemmy:
Yes of course 100% sure because we in the South West are accommodative and loving people
But hope you will not be angry when the people you accommodate choose to vote against your will. Hope you will still remain accommodating?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbenga Daniel: Southwest Will Be Home To 50% Of Nigerians By 2050 by omoadeleye(m): 10:47am On May 16
ganisucks:
Miami and Dubai do not have Omo nile. If you want this your mirage of a dream to come true then you have to do away with local and state Omo nile. So you want people to pour in their life savings into a project, and once their children or relations vote for your opposition, you will bring bulldozer and demolish their property, abi?
You people do not know what you want. Shoor. 😡

We don't want our south west to be flooded by tou people, kindly stay in your region and flourish there, don't come and choke us and strain us of our resources.

Go and develop your region

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbenga Daniel: Southwest Will Be Home To 50% Of Nigerians By 2050 by ElevationD: 10:47am On May 16
CapitalBank:

Do not mistake migration to Lagos as migration to the SW. Other states develop at about the same pace. Lagos is way ahead of others, not just by chance, but by careful and systematic injection of funds, in its status as the administrative and commercial capital. We expect there to be migration towards areas where people feel that they can earn better living.

Insecurity festers because it is driven by the same leaders. We have been told that several times. The same leaders cause their citizens to relocate from their areas. The same happens in Ondo, with the evil herdsmen taking over forests in generally peaceful areas, killing and maiming citizens. Everywhere in the country has its own challenges.

In all, let’s not deceive ourselves with the level of tribal insults and threats to violence in the minds of the citizens. It was not like this, until 1999 and the recent times. Our politicians have built hatred, bad thoughts and wickedness into the minds of people, in the name of politics and leadership. The disagreements were not this pronounced, even though they somehow were existing.

Now again, the same politicians tell their people to think home or carry their investments to their various states, just in case things go wrong in the future.

First we must talk of reuniting the citizens. Short of that, Gbenga Daniels’ projections are meaningless.
Re: Gbenga Daniel: Southwest Will Be Home To 50% Of Nigerians By 2050 by tctrills: 10:47am On May 16
Obakoolex:
grin The rate at which they migrate to Southwest from the East is alarming already, by 2035 it's possible only old people would remain in potopoto area.
Hope you will not cry when they vote for governors and senators against your choice. Hope they will be free to make their own choices?
Re: Gbenga Daniel: Southwest Will Be Home To 50% Of Nigerians By 2050 by georgeakins: 10:48am On May 16
ganisucks:
Miami and Dubai do not have Omo nile. If you want this your mirage of a dream to come true then you have to do away with local and state Omo nile. So you want people to pour in their life savings into a project, and once their children or relations vote for your opposition, you will bring bulldozer and demolish their property, abi?
You people do not know what you want. Shoor. 😡

It is people from your region that are constituting nuisance in our space.

We don't want biaflan monkeys in our space, but well meaning Nigerians from other regions are welcome

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbenga Daniel: Southwest Will Be Home To 50% Of Nigerians By 2050 by predictor1: 10:48am On May 16
chiagozien:

Lagos is no man's land
He's not talking about Lagos alone, he meant the entire SW. Ibadan is already bursting at the seams with not only Yorubas but also ibos, northerners, etc.
I was in Osogbo and I saw the same thing. Economically and socially the SW is the most stable part of Nigeria.

As long as Nigeria remains one other ethnic groups can not be barred from coming to the SW thereby putting more strain on our resources, infrastructure, society.

With this in mind, since the other regions have largely refused to take their people seriously then the Yorubas must bear that burden and prepare our land in terms of development and progress to absorb this anomaly.

It's not only Lagos which is the most developed part of Yorubaland but the entire region. Let's wait until Lagos has a non Yoruba governor before we say it's no man's land. wink

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gbenga Daniel: Southwest Will Be Home To 50% Of Nigerians By 2050 by putin2: 10:50am On May 16
Mumu we are already going home. If nobe seaport and airport what will I be doing in Lagos? nothing .
Most Yoruba didn't know that it's politics of day that keep PPL in sw.
Re: Gbenga Daniel: Southwest Will Be Home To 50% Of Nigerians By 2050 by predictor1: 10:52am On May 16
putin2:
Mumu we are already going home. If nobe seaport and airport what will I be doing in Lagos? nothing .
Most Yoruba didn't know that it's politics of day that keep PPL in sw.
No airport in the SE?

I'm a yorubaman but I don't live in Lagos.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbenga Daniel: Southwest Will Be Home To 50% Of Nigerians By 2050 by UrPapa: 10:53am On May 16
chiagozien:

Lagos is no man's land
so because Lagos is no man’s land, then it’s not in SW again, probably the north or east
You sound pained bruh

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gbenga Daniel: Southwest Will Be Home To 50% Of Nigerians By 2050 by chiagozien(m): 10:54am On May 16
SonofLagos:
I am out, come stop me.
Re: Gbenga Daniel: Southwest Will Be Home To 50% Of Nigerians By 2050 by Beolly(m): 10:55am On May 16
ElevationD:
With the way politicians play with the emotions of the citizens, inciting them tribally,’will there be any Nigeria by 2050?

Nigerians have advanced deeply with the thought of going their separate ways. There are no clear efforts at reconciliation.

Again, with the amounts getting looted daily, what’s will they used to build the region properly? If they had spent money properly in the last 50 years, Nigeria should be like Malaysia, at least.
Reconciliation about what?
Re: Gbenga Daniel: Southwest Will Be Home To 50% Of Nigerians By 2050 by chiagozien(m): 10:56am On May 16
HBB1:

The State Government did.
Are you the State government?

Define government and also define democracy you practiced in Nigeria.

There lies your answer.
Re: Gbenga Daniel: Southwest Will Be Home To 50% Of Nigerians By 2050 by Beolly(m): 10:56am On May 16
chiagozien:

Lagos is no man's land
It's you guys from Sadeast he's referring to. Hausas are cool with their region and they don't poknose

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbenga Daniel: Southwest Will Be Home To 50% Of Nigerians By 2050 by chiagozien(m): 10:58am On May 16
Beolly:

It's you guys from Sadeast he's referring to. Hausas are cool with their region and they don't poknose
Sad West is one Nigeria so your cry is just starting. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

INEC To Reprint Ballot Papers Three Weeks To Elections / What Does Buhari Think He's Doing? / Nigeria Needs President Buhari As Minister Of Defence, Not Petroleum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.