Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,937 members, 7,852,168 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:25 PM

France Bans TikTok In Riot Hit New Caledonia - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / France Bans TikTok In Riot Hit New Caledonia (17498 Views)

France Bans Muslim Students From Wearing Abaya Dress In State Schools / Somali Government Bans Tiktok, Telegram, 1XBET / Europe Heatwave: France BANS Outdoor Events As Parts Of The Country Hit 40C (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: France Bans TikTok In Riot Hit New Caledonia by madjune(m): 11:01pm On May 16
If Nigerians can't use the reaches of SM or Tiktok to coordinate a flawless revolution in these times...forget it.

It won't ever happen if it can't happen now.
Re: France Bans TikTok In Riot Hit New Caledonia by vibratingpenis: 6:15am On May 17
naptu2:
New Caledonia is a group of islands in the Pacific Ocean. It is believed that the indigenous people are using TikTok to coordinate the riots.

So you are deceiving yourself that this ain't islam related?
France did this to themselves.
Re: France Bans TikTok In Riot Hit New Caledonia by naptu2: 6:27am On May 17
vibratingpenis:

Hahahahahaha

Ignorance on steroids.

Tell me that you know nothing about New Caledonia without telling me that you know nothing about New Caledonia.

He didn't even bother to find out anything about the country or the reason for the riots, he just vomitted his prejudices.
Re: France Bans TikTok In Riot Hit New Caledonia by vibratingpenis: 7:18am On May 17
naptu2:

Hahahahahaha

Ignorance on steroids.

Tell me that you know nothing about New Caledonia without telling me that you know nothing about New Caledonia.

He didn't even bother to find out anything about the country or the reason for the riots, he just vomitted his prejudices.

It is a simple question, isn't the riot related to islam?
Re: France Bans TikTok In Riot Hit New Caledonia by naptu2: 7:18am On May 17
Summary

This is for those that can't read the article and those that might be misled by mischief makers.

New Caledonia is a group of islands in the Pacific Ocean, near Australia (and far away from Europe).

It is a possession of France, just as Britain owns St Helena which is not far from Nigeria (and is far away from Britain).

Voters register in New Caledonia has not been updated since 1998. This is because some of the indigenous Kanak people fear that new comers from Europe will dominate them (the population of New Caledonia is 300,000).

However, the French Government now wants to update the voters register and indigenous people are afraid that this will allow European new comers to vote and to dominate them. This is the reason for the riot.

It has nothing to do with religion (ignore the mischief makers). Most of the people of New Caledonia are either Christians or atheists.

Re: France Bans TikTok In Riot Hit New Caledonia by naptu2: 7:21am On May 17
vibratingpenis:

It is a simple question, isn't the riot related to islam?

You made an accusation!

vibratingpenis:

naptu2:
Summary

This is for those that can't read the article and those that might be misled by mischief makers.

New Caledonia is a group of islands in the Pacific Ocean, near Australia (and far away from Europe).

It is a possession of France, just as Britain owns St Helena which is not far from Nigeria (and is far away from Britain).

Voters register in New Caledonia has not been updated since 1998. This is because some of the indigenous Kanak people fear that new comers from Europe will dominate them (the population of New Caledonia is 300,000).

However, the French Government now wants to update the voters register and indigenous people are afraid that this will allow European new comers to vote and to dominate them. This is the reason for the riot.

It has nothing to do with religion (ignore the mischief makers). Most of the people of New Caledonia are either Christians or atheists.

Re: France Bans TikTok In Riot Hit New Caledonia by naptu2: 7:23am On May 17
Double post
Re: France Bans TikTok In Riot Hit New Caledonia by vibratingpenis: 7:29am On May 17
WriteerNg:

So the West is no longer the beacon of freedom?

Hypocrites like you would label Russia as a tyrannical dictatorship while praising France for doing the same thing.

🤮 🤢 🤮 🤢

Can you use TikTok in Russia?

On March 6, 2022, the social network TikTok disabled the ability to post new videos and launch live broadcasts for users from Russia.

Muslims choosing to do selective justice, you see a country that has empathy for emigration, but you prefer to export your violent religion overseas, for what reason exactly, just like Israel is defending themselves, these ones don't want it to deteriorate to the condition Israel is now.
Re: France Bans TikTok In Riot Hit New Caledonia by WriteerNg: 7:34am On May 17
vibratingpenis:

Can you use TikTok in Russia?

On March 6, 2022, the social network TikTok disabled the ability to post new videos and launch live broadcasts for users from Russia.

Muslims choosing to do selective justice, you see a country that has empathy for emigration, but you prefer to export your violent religion overseas, for what reason exactly, just like Israel is defending themselves, these ones don't want it to deteriorate to the condition Israel is now.

@Bolded

How's that Russia's fault that TikTok stopped users in Russia from access its platform? Why blame Russia for it? Every other western company left Russia too, Russia didn't stop anyone from doing business in Russia.

Does Russia own TikTok?

Is Russia a Muslim country?

Between Russia and the US which one behaves more Christian like?

Does Christianity support all manner of perversion and degeneracy like you see in the US. Are those Christian values too?
Re: France Bans TikTok In Riot Hit New Caledonia by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:42am On May 17
naptu2:

You made an accusation!

Naptu2

How can you be taking a vibrating pennnis serious
Re: France Bans TikTok In Riot Hit New Caledonia by naptu2: 7:44am On May 17
Proudlyngwa:

Naptu2

How can you be taking a vibrating pennnis serious

You are right, he shouldn't be taken serious. The clarification is for those that might be misled by him.
Re: France Bans TikTok In Riot Hit New Caledonia by vibratingpenis: 7:50am On May 17
naptu2:

You made an accusation!

Your first post showed your effort to malign the root of the problem. You rushed to put pictures of the percentage religion of the country in a post you wrote it was about TikTok, now you see at the heart of the media you used look at this picture... an example of another country is below where percentage of islam doesn't matter for them to perpetuate their vices.

Re: France Bans TikTok In Riot Hit New Caledonia by naptu2: 7:54am On May 17
grin Can you imagine that vibratingpenis thinks that I am going to read his nonsense?

I give people one or two chances to make sense and when they show me that they can't, I simply put them in the ignore list. I will never read their posts.

The reason for the riot is very clear and any sensible person knows what it is, but for some reason this funny guy showed up to try and forcefully make it about Islam, even though it isn't.

He has attacked two people on this thread, using Islam as a plank, even though their posts have nothing to do with Islam.

Is that the person that should be taken seriously?

He can waste his time and energy and continue to mention me, but I am not going to read his posts. I have better things to do with my time.
Re: France Bans TikTok In Riot Hit New Caledonia by pansophist(m): 8:02am On May 17
MrBrownJay1:
its only when the shiit hits the fan that all these "supposedly" democratic countries will act even worse than the countries they point fingers at.

when China bans all the foreign websites and apps thats against China, they say China is wrong, yet now that it will help their cause, they are doing exactly what China did to get their own peace. BLOODY HYPOCRITES!

Democracy, freedom of speech, and all those fancy words are just tools in their weapon of controlling the world. What's the point of freedom of speech when there is no medium to express it? When there is also no freedom after speech, and even after speaking, no one is listening?

If after speaking, I criticize maybe Israel or gays, then what's the point of their freedom of speech?

If I tell you that there is a million naira in your account, but you can't use it, transfer it, or make it work for you, then what's the point of the cash?

The West relies on very dumb people to perpetuate this sham system, because when you scrutinize it very well, and compare it to other places, you know its just being deceitful, with the intent to mislead.

6 Likes

Re: France Bans TikTok In Riot Hit New Caledonia by Nwaikpe: 8:10am On May 17
Kingsnairaland:
Uhh

France thinks it in the colonial era

TikTok has nothing to do with freedom every man needs

Narcissistic Biden and macron are like home lander both drink baby milk at night while acting tough in the day time.

You Nigerian muslims are funny. You yourself, you know that muslims, even though 2.8% are capable of causing chaos. And you run here and accusing presidents of Christian countries that are performing far better than any muslim countries.
Re: France Bans TikTok In Riot Hit New Caledonia by naptu2: 8:11am On May 17
🤣 Same person, different accounts.
Same strategy, no subtlety.
Re: France Bans TikTok In Riot Hit New Caledonia by VaginaAcademic: 8:12am On May 17
New Caledonia is just the size and population of a small state in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: France Bans TikTok In Riot Hit New Caledonia by vibratingpenis: 8:13am On May 17
naptu2:
grin Can you imagine that vibratingpenis thinks that I am going to read his nonsense?

I give people one or two chances to make sense and when they show me that they can't, I simply put them in the ignore list. I will never read their posts.

The reason for the riot is very clear and any sensible person knows what it is, but for some reason this funny guy showed up to try and forcefully make it about Islam, even though it isn't.

He has attacked two people on this thread, using Islam as a plank, even though their posts have nothing to do with Islam.

Is that the person that should be taken seriously?

He can waste his time and energy and continue to mention me, but I am not going to read his posts. I have better things to do with my time.

Lol, this is peculiar trait of most of you muslims when caught in your loins of lies.

I wasn't expecting anything different or brilliant.
Re: France Bans TikTok In Riot Hit New Caledonia by vibratingpenis: 8:18am On May 17
WriteerNg:

@Bolded

How's that Russia's fault that TikTok stopped users in Russia from access its platform? Why blame Russia for it? Every other western company left Russia too, Russia didn't stop anyone from doing business in Russia.

Does Russia own TikTok?

Is Russia a Muslim country?

Between Russia and the US which one behaves more Christian like?

Does Christianity support all manner of perversion and degeneracy like you see in the US. Are those Christian values too?

But you are supporting Russia in this context of freedom right?

It is your Russia against the west as you've shown.

Now, who brought religion in government, I am no Christian but I follow Christ and believe in the total freedom of man, physically and spiritually not bound by some semantics of religion.

People should be allowed to worship whatever they want as far as it is peaceful and harmless to others which is why islam is fighting it.
Re: France Bans TikTok In Riot Hit New Caledonia by naptu2: 8:28am On May 17
The cause of the problem.

Some people accuse France of refusing to grant independence to New Caledonia because of the lithium and other minerals on the islands.

However, others say that there have been several referendums and people have voted against independence each time.

However, supporters of the indigenous Kanaks say that it was European settlers that voted against independence.

This is one of the reasons why indigenous people do not want the voters register to be updated.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: France Bans TikTok In Riot Hit New Caledonia by WriteerNg: 8:29am On May 17
vibratingpenis:

But you are supporting Russia in this context of freedom right?

It is your Russia against the west as you've shown.

Now, who brought religion in government, I am no Christian but I follow Christ and believe in the total freedom of man, physically and spiritually not bound by some semantics of religion.

People should be allowed to worship whatever they want as far as it is peaceful and harmless to others which is why islam is fighting it.

Are you dense?

You're the one who brought religion into this discussion.

What has muslim or religion got to do with my original post?

Why do you keep mentioning Islam? What's my business with Islam?

Is Russia a Muslim country? Answer that.
Re: France Bans TikTok In Riot Hit New Caledonia by naptu2: 8:36am On May 17
WriteerNg:

Are you dense?

Ignore that guy.

This thread has nothing to do with religion, but he is determined to derail the thread by posting about Islam. I'll report him to the mods very soon if he keeps derailing the thread.

Just ignore him, he isn't to be taken seriously.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: France Bans TikTok In Riot Hit New Caledonia by GloriousGbola: 8:54am On May 17
naptu2:

You are right, he shouldn't be taken serious. The clarification is for those that might be misled by him.

GloriousGbola here

This disrespect for magnificent members will not stand!

Phallic opinions are a very important part of Nairaland discourse angry

I expect better from you cry. This is discrimination angry

The words of wangs, one eyed monsters, deeks, cocks, Johnsons, manhoods, shafts, weiners should not be dismissed with prejudice

GloriousGbola out. (I speak for the Ds)

angry
Re: France Bans TikTok In Riot Hit New Caledonia by justmondris: 9:08am On May 17
emkz:
If it's Nigeria now, supporters of one candidate would go on Twitter to insult their own country and the president.

And why do you think they can't coordinate the riot via other social media platforms?.
Re: France Bans TikTok In Riot Hit New Caledonia by vibratingpenis: 9:41am On May 17
WriteerNg:

Are you dense?

Did I ask you whether Russia or USA are christian or islamic countries, you brought that, we were discussing about freedom which you are castigating the west and the US in support of Russia, that is what we were talking about before you started preaching about Christians and perverted christian values.

You see you are now the slow one.
Re: France Bans TikTok In Riot Hit New Caledonia by vibratingpenis: 9:44am On May 17
Re: France Bans TikTok In Riot Hit New Caledonia by Pennilessword1: 11:12am On May 17
Muslims must dha rear their useless disgusting heads in there sha
Re: France Bans TikTok In Riot Hit New Caledonia by AmericanIdiot(m): 1:50pm On May 17
Svoboda:

A matter of time. Whether its an overseas territory or a colony, france will have to renegotiate terms eventually. Who'd have thought france would be kicked out in its former west african colonies.

They can never really fully kick out France from West Africa. France is going to be here pretty much until the end of time in one way or another and there’s nothing that they can do about it so they should just learn to accept it.
Look at this stupid Senegal thinking of changing as official language to Arabic ,?Arabic !!! Of all languages

France is definitely going to place some repercussions on Senegal in one way or another. Those people are here to stay until they finish every single natural resources in West Africa till the last drop
they are not going anywhere.
Re: France Bans TikTok In Riot Hit New Caledonia by naptu2: 1:51pm On May 17
More French police arrive in New Caledonia amid riots

5 hours ago

Hundreds of French police reinforcements have arrived in New Caledonia amid ongoing riots in the Pacific Ocean territory which have left five people dead.

French High Commissioner Louis Le Franc said reinforcements had been deployed to "regain control of all the areas of the urban area that we have lost".

The unrest erupted this week after lawmakers in Paris backed and approved changes to voting rolls that the indigenous population say will dilute their political influence.

Hundreds of people have been injured, and officials say around 200 people have been arrested so far.

According to AFP, reinforcements began landing at the French army-controlled La Tontouta International Airport on Thursday, and could be seen moving through the capital Noumea carrying rifles and wearing riot gear.

France's Prime Minister, Gabriel Attal, said about 1,000 extra security forces were being sent to the territory to join the 1,700 personnel already there. He said authorities would push for "the harshest penalties for rioters and looters".

A statement by the High Commission representing France said that state of emergency powers - granted by President Emmanuel Macron earlier this week - had allowed security forces to impose "a calmer and more peaceful situation" around the Noumea for the first time since the unrest started on Monday.

High Commissioner Le Franc told reporters at a press conference that reinforcements would be sent to impose order "where control is no longer assured".

Under the state of emergency, authorities have imposed a night-time curfew and banned public gatherings, carrying weapons, and the sale of alcohol.

Schools remain shut, and Noumea's airport is closed to commercial aircraft.

Photos from the territory in recent days show flames and smoke billowing from a shopping centre, burnt out cars, and long queues of people outside shops looking for food and supplies.

Authorities say 10 independence activists accused of organising violence have been placed under house arrest.

Officials say that the five killed during the protests include two gendarmes, and three Indigenous Kanak residents aged 17 to 36.

New Caledonia has a population of about 300,000 people, of whom the indigenous Kanak people make up about 40%, or 112,000 people.

The group of islands, located between Australia and Fiji, has been a French territory since the 19th century. This is the worst unrest it has seen since the 1980s.

Under the 1998 Nouméa Accord, France agreed to give the territory more political autonomy and to limit voting in provincial and assembly elections to only those who were residents then.

More than 40,000 French citizens have moved to New Caledonia since.

The agreement allowed for three referendums on the country's future. Independence was rejected in all instances.

The first two showed slim majorities for remaining part of France. The third, in December 2021, was boycotted by pro-independence parties after the authorities refused to postpone the vote due to the Covid epidemic.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cyj348wwggzo?

Photo 2: Dozens of people queue outside a supermarket in Noumea

Re: France Bans TikTok In Riot Hit New Caledonia by wellmax(m): 1:54pm On May 17
Saner climes indeed.

May Nigerians have sense one day. Pitiobi would have gone to twitter abusing his country.
Re: France Bans TikTok In Riot Hit New Caledonia by naptu2: 2:03pm On May 17
Re: France Bans TikTok In Riot Hit New Caledonia by blueAgent(m): 4:40pm On May 24
ibechris:
France and neocolonialism.

They simply can't survive without suppressing other nations.

Am sure you did not read the article.

Without France New Caledonia would be a 3rd world country hence the reason why the citizens voted thrice to remain a French territory rather than an independent country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kamala Harris Warns Israel Of ‘consequences’ Of Rafah Assault / African Countries With 24/7 Power Supply / Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.