Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,036 members, 7,852,552 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:07 PM

Engage Ekiti Youths Or Forfeit Your Job Ekiti Government Warns Contractors - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Engage Ekiti Youths Or Forfeit Your Job Ekiti Government Warns Contractors (7167 Views)

Desperation Must Not Make You Forfeit Your Right - Aisha Yesufu Speaks On Obi / Igede Ekiti Youths Resist Arrest Of Dapo Olagunju, Irepodun/ifelodun LG Chairman / Ekiti Youths Hail Tinubu As He Arrives APC Campaign Grounds (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Engage Ekiti Youths Or Forfeit Your Job Ekiti Government Warns Contractors by Curious345: 4:56am On May 17
Poor state ..
Re: Engage Ekiti Youths Or Forfeit Your Job Ekiti Government Warns Contractors by Judolisco(m): 5:13am On May 17
Agadinaagwuofe:

If you actually understood my point. I am not saying community participation is wrong just don't make it legalistic. It can be a policy but it shouldn't be law as quoted by the Ekiti executive member. Many construction companies always recruit bulk of their workers (labours especially) from their immediate environment and even if the government or any executive member has a candidate most times talking to some of the contractors will employ the individual on a CSR basis but it shouldn't be law in a multi diverse nation because if other states starts passing the same law because of the antecedents, infact the consequences are just better imagined.
policies often serves as a foundation for the development of a law, most countries do this but do it indirectly, they give preference to indigenes before foreigners, indigenes enjoy alot of benefits like subsidized tuition and all, if u go to the UK today, the sch fees of a foreigner is different from that of an indigene... So in many countries, like in the US, they have buy American-hire American, i think it was introduced by Donald trump, the Japanese also gives preference to their indigenes before foreigners... To me it's a good law that every state should implement, like a percentage of your staff should be indigenes, it will help reduce unemployment... Or are you happy with the way foreigners come to Nigeria and take most of our contracts?

1 Like

Re: Engage Ekiti Youths Or Forfeit Your Job Ekiti Government Warns Contractors by Originalsly: 5:29am On May 17
The law stipulates 40% of workforce be locals.... they have broken the law .... broken the contract ... but here is the State warning the contractors .... again. Why can't the law / terms of contract be enforced? Clowns and cowards everywhere. Spineless government.
Re: Engage Ekiti Youths Or Forfeit Your Job Ekiti Government Warns Contractors by anonimi: 5:32am On May 17
davidtemi:
O better

Nothing to kuku gain from FTC sef. I rest my case o @Seun

What is better about the government failing to employ workers for the provision of common facilities, utilities and services but instead asking contractors to employ Ekiti people

Since you are concerned with what you can gain from FYC, it’s understandable that you have no clue whatsoever about government responsibilities.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Engage Ekiti Youths Or Forfeit Your Job Ekiti Government Warns Contractors by davidtemi(m): 5:44am On May 17
anonimi:

What is better about the government failing to employ workers for the provision of common facilities, utilities, and services but instead asking contractors to employ Ekiti people

Since you are concerned with what you can gain from FYC, it’s understandable that you have no clue whatsoever about government responsibilities.
You read me turning your screen upside down.

I don't know you, but with what you typed I am sure I'm not your mate, I probably have been into politics/government before u were born. So pls learn to caution your keypad sometimes.
Re: Engage Ekiti Youths Or Forfeit Your Job Ekiti Government Warns Contractors by lolu2019: 6:06am On May 17
sojayy:
Ehh !!! ..So if d indigene doesn't fit in for d work they must still use them abi? All because u want to create job. The gov don't even care about the quality of work to be delivered. Sme !
they are going to fix them as unskilled labour.that is how it is done.yoruba people should stop hating each other.go to oil communities,that is what they practice there.
Re: Engage Ekiti Youths Or Forfeit Your Job Ekiti Government Warns Contractors by lolu2019: 6:10am On May 17
Judolisco:
policies often serves as a foundation for the development of a law, most countries do this but do it indirectly, they give preference to indigenes before foreigners, indigenes enjoy alot of benefits like subsidized tuition and all, if u go to the UK today, the sch fees of a foreigner is different from that of an indigene... So in many countries, like in the US, they have buy American-hire American, i think it was introduced by Donald trump, the Japanese also gives preference to their indigenes before foreigners... To me it's a good law that every state should implement, like a percentage of your staff should be indigenes, it will help reduce unemployment... Or are you happy with the way foreigners come to Nigeria and take most of our contracts?
don't mind them ignorant Yoruba youths that don't travel.reasons y NYSC will always be relevant.u have said it all.
Re: Engage Ekiti Youths Or Forfeit Your Job Ekiti Government Warns Contractors by lolu2019: 6:11am On May 17
Judolisco:
they ain't asking for 2 much to me, give the indigenes jobs, even if it's on contract.... It's called community entry/participation
u r very smart.

1 Like

Re: Engage Ekiti Youths Or Forfeit Your Job Ekiti Government Warns Contractors by lolu2019: 6:13am On May 17
Agadinaagwuofe:

If you actually understood my point. I am not saying community participation is wrong just don't make it legalistic. It can be a policy but it shouldn't be law as quoted by the Ekiti executive member. Many construction companies always recruit bulk of their workers (labours especially) from their immediate environment and even if the government or any executive member has a candidate most times talking to some of the contractors will employ the individual on a CSR basis but it shouldn't be law in a multi diverse nation because if other states starts passing the same law because of the antecedents, infact the consequences are just better imagined.
the technical aspects can come from anywhere.but the unskilled labour must be filled with their indegenes
Re: Engage Ekiti Youths Or Forfeit Your Job Ekiti Government Warns Contractors by Agadinaagwuofe: 6:19am On May 17
lolu2019:
the technical aspects can come from anywhere.but the unskilled labour must be filled with their indegenes

God bless. Thanks exactly my point. The technical expertise can come from anywhere but the unskilled must be filled with locals that has been the norm. There's no need to make it a legal requirement it will form bottle neck.

1 Like

Re: Engage Ekiti Youths Or Forfeit Your Job Ekiti Government Warns Contractors by mankan2k7(m): 6:20am On May 17
ggood:
Ekiti is a backward State in Nigeria

Just like as u are backward among the children of your father.
Re: Engage Ekiti Youths Or Forfeit Your Job Ekiti Government Warns Contractors by SmartyPants(m): 6:20am On May 17
tiswell:
What sort of entitled mentality is this?

The right one. It is their resources so why shouldn't they feel entitled to it? Smh.
Re: Engage Ekiti Youths Or Forfeit Your Job Ekiti Government Warns Contractors by Agadinaagwuofe: 6:28am On May 17
Judolisco:

There's a national local content law which all the foreigners in Nigeria are abiding which I support but this is a state law . All the examples you gave you are citing countries national law which I agree. I only have problem with passing it on state level. Foreigners should be able to employ someone from Osun State and take him to Ekiti to work not a must It will be Ekiti to work in Ekiti. We can pass it as a national law not on a state level as that will cause lots of bottle neck in recruitment of professionals and also create antecedents that will further polarize the nation. Can someone from Texas unable to work in Florida due to any existing local content law? The answer is simply NO many Americans are free to move anywhere around the country to look for job and got employed
Re: Engage Ekiti Youths Or Forfeit Your Job Ekiti Government Warns Contractors by Dreamland87: 7:04am On May 17
tiswell:

Mumu

Re: Engage Ekiti Youths Or Forfeit Your Job Ekiti Government Warns Contractors by Dreamland87: 7:05am On May 17
tiswell:

U r talking from ur anus, ode
Re: Engage Ekiti Youths Or Forfeit Your Job Ekiti Government Warns Contractors by anonimi: 7:27am On May 17
davidtemi:
You read me turning your screen upside down.

I don't know you, but with what you typed I am sure I'm not your mate, I probably have been into politics/government before u were born. So pls learn to caution your keypad sometimes.

Many thanks for letting us know that you have a great role in how the state and our country is such a basket case of misplaced priorities and reckless looting since the return to democracy a quarter of a century ago.

What is their to brag about in being such a failure

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Engage Ekiti Youths Or Forfeit Your Job Ekiti Government Warns Contractors by anonimi: 7:48am On May 17
ggood:
Ekiti is a backward State in Nigeria

Can you mention just one state, and your own state that is not backward in this country that has the most extreme poverty paupers with the highest number of children out of school and has its citizens praying and fasting to japa to neocolonial countries that they cluelessly blame for all our developmental woes.

Some even sell their inheritance prematurely like that prodigal son in the Bible just to be voluntary slaves underemployed in cold Britain, Canada, America etc killing their partners in the frustration of being second class citizens in countries where their contributions are hardly recognised

ShoeGetSize:
A jealous husband who beat his wife to death with their son's skateboard in a 'ruthless and cold-blooded' attack has been jailed for a least 17 years.

Olubunmi Abodunde wielded the toy with such force on his wife Taiwo that a pathologist was unable to establish how many blows she had sustained.

However, police officers — who stood outside for 35 minutes while waiting for permission from superiors to enter — described hearing nearly 50 'bangs' coming from inside the property.

When they finally entered, Mrs Abodunde, 41, was found with her 'skull smashed in'.

Jailing the defendant for life with a minimum 17 years behind bars, Judge Martyn Levett told him he was 'ferocious, ruthless, cold-blooded, callous and savage'.

Abodunde had said very little about what happened and gave 'no comment' responses during a police interview.

But the judge added: 'The simple fact is that you strangled your wife and then beat her to death and used one of the children's skateboards to batter her skull.'

Abodunde was jealous and suspicious throughout his marriage and accused his wife of having affairs.

Police had been involved with the couple several times over alleged domestic violence incidents before mother-of-three Mrs Abodunde's death on November 28 last year.

The day before, Abodunde was arrested after officers arrived at the couple's home in Newmarket, Suffolk, and found his wife with a split lip.

He was freed on police bail later the same day with a condition to stay away from the marital home and not to approach his wife.

But he went home the following morning after working a night shift at Tesco, claiming he wanted his mobile phone.

Two police officers arrived at 9.20am to take a statement about the previous day's incident but didn't enter the property until 9.55am – despite the commotion inside - after permission was granted. They immediately confirmed she was 'obviously dead'.

A post-mortem examination found she had been throttled until she fell unconscious, then stamped on until her ribs were broken.

Her husband used the skateboard to finish off the care home worker with blows that were so violent it was damaged in the process.

Prosecutor Simon Spence KC told a previous hearing, where the defendant admitted murder after a jury had been sworn in, that the banging the police officers heard was likely to have been Abodunde continuing the attack after his wife was unconscious or dead.

The family arrived in the UK from Nigeria in 2022 but clashed over money issues as well as the alleged affairs.

Abodunde was a trained civil engineer but had been unable to find work in the sector since relocating here and took shifts at supermarkets and DIY stores.

Following his arrest for murder, he told police he had acted in self-defence, saying: 'My wife has subjected me to physical abuse for a number of years.

'On November 28, we got into an argument. She ran at me with a knife. I grabbed the knife and cut my hand. I was defending myself.'

But Ipswich Crown Court heard while he did have an injury to his hand, there wasn't a knife near his wife's body.

Nneka Akudolu KC, defending, said the level of violence was 'completely out of character' for her client and might have been affected by medication he was taking. However, no medical evidence was provided to support the claim.

Three Suffolk Constabulary officers are under investigation for misconduct after the force referred itself to the Independent Office of Police Conduct. Two face action for potential gross misconduct.

Speaking after Abodunde's conviction, Detective Inspector Dan Connick said: 'This was an awful attack on a woman that has had a lasting impact on the community and, most importantly, on the victim's family.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13413749/Jealous-husband-beat-wife-death-sons-skateboard-jailed-life.html

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Engage Ekiti Youths Or Forfeit Your Job Ekiti Government Warns Contractors by davidtemi(m): 8:07am On May 17
anonimi:

Many thanks for letting us know that you have a great role in how the state and our country is such a basket case of misplaced priorities and reckless looting since the return to democracy a quarter of a century ago.

What is their to brag about in being such a failure
Following government activities closely doesn't make me one of them. What I know in politics I am 100% sure you don't know it. Why not face whatever your problem is with you and your government squarely and stop being arrogant on what is not.
Happy weekend to you.👏
Re: Engage Ekiti Youths Or Forfeit Your Job Ekiti Government Warns Contractors by Ategberoson(m): 8:16am On May 17
MorolayoVictor:
Who's mobilising Ekiti news on this platform?

Your papa
Re: Engage Ekiti Youths Or Forfeit Your Job Ekiti Government Warns Contractors by Ategberoson(m): 8:17am On May 17
ruggedboych:
Nonsense talk, the lazy youths should go find something doing

Foolish agbros 😡

The illiterates in Ekiti are far sensible and well coordinated than those idiiots and educated illiterates in your region that seat their ass down every Monday at the order of one foool kilometers away

Left to education that slow down you people cannibalizing culture, you m0rons would have all in mass gone into extinction
Re: Engage Ekiti Youths Or Forfeit Your Job Ekiti Government Warns Contractors by ruggedboych: 8:26am On May 17
Ategberoson:

The illiterates in Ekiti are far sensible and well coordinated than those idiiots and educated illiterates in your region that seat their ass down every Monday at the order of one foool kilometers away

Left to education that slow down you people cannibalizing culture, you m0rons would have all in mass gone into extinction

maybe that's why one of your former governor is crying like a bush baby that oduduwa is lacking in education... skull mining dinbat
Re: Engage Ekiti Youths Or Forfeit Your Job Ekiti Government Warns Contractors by Ategberoson(m): 8:30am On May 17
ruggedboych:

maybe that's why one of your former governor is crying like a baby that oduduwa is lacking in education... skull mining dinbat

He's crying but still better the fool that suppose to revenge the killing of giving your girls doggy, killing you m0rons like ram but prefer to cry and told you imbeciles to fast because he knew you bunch of retrogressive scallywags are cowards

Till today the herdsmen are still giving your girls doggy and killing men that challenge them, what you coward do online is to rant, rant, and rant

Your 15th century brain is faulty, fix it
Re: Engage Ekiti Youths Or Forfeit Your Job Ekiti Government Warns Contractors by Judolisco(m): 8:56am On May 17
Agadinaagwuofe:

There's a national local content law which all the foreigners in Nigeria are abiding which I support but this is a state law . All the examples you gave you are citing countries national law which I agree. I only have problem with passing it on state level. Foreigners should be able to employ someone from Osun State and take him to Ekiti to work not a must It will be Ekiti to work in Ekiti. We can pass it as a national law not on a state level as that will cause lots of bottle neck in recruitment of professionals and also create antecedents that will further polarize the nation. Can someone from Texas unable to work in Florida due to any existing local content law? The answer is simply NO many Americans are free to move anywhere around the country to look for job and got employed
I grab your point, but dis happens in every state in Nigeria, preferences are given to state indigenes before others... I'm sure they indigenes won't mind if an ondo or oyo man living in Ekiti is offered an opportunity to work and earn a living...

Re: Engage Ekiti Youths Or Forfeit Your Job Ekiti Government Warns Contractors by ruggedboych: 9:02am On May 17
Ategberoson:

He's crying but still better the fool that suppose to revenge the killing of giving your girls doggy, killing you m0rons like ram but prefer to cry and told you imbeciles to fast because he knew you bunch of retrogressive scallywags are cowards

Till today the herdsmen are still giving your girls doggy and killing men that challenge them, what you coward do online is to rant, rant, and rant

Your 15th century brain is faulty, fix it

you are a foolship pervert, i won't read nor reply whatever jargons you are going to write. animal.. and stay away from my mention cool cool cool
Re: Engage Ekiti Youths Or Forfeit Your Job Ekiti Government Warns Contractors by Ategberoson(m): 10:53am On May 17
ruggedboych:

you are a foolship pervert, i won't read nor reply whatever jargons you are going to write. animal.. and stay away from my mention cool cool cool

Stop telling me your dad sad biography

I'm not interested in his bullshit
Re: Engage Ekiti Youths Or Forfeit Your Job Ekiti Government Warns Contractors by UzorIyke: 2:32pm On May 17
Agadinaagwuofe:
Ekiti State shouldn't set a precedence that will burn this country down. What if other states starts doing exactly the same. There are Ekiti engineers and indigenes working in construction in other states. As long as they are Nigerians they should be allowed to work. If the commissioner or governor have people qualified they can negotiate than making it law.

The government did not tell the contractors to stop engaging with other people but rather in what ever work they're doing they should engage the ekiti youth plus inclusion of other people from different states
Re: Engage Ekiti Youths Or Forfeit Your Job Ekiti Government Warns Contractors by Agadinaagwuofe: 4:16pm On May 17
UzorIyke:

The government did not tell the contractors to stop engaging with other people but rather in what ever work they're doing they should engage the ekiti youth plus inclusion of other people from different states

They are saying the law is they should engage 40% of "skilled and professional workers from Ekiti State". The question is how many skilled workers are always in a construction site that a whole 40% will be only Ekiti? What it means is if other states enact such laws the contractor will have to employ for each state new engineer, surveyor, operators and other skilled workers to achieve the requirements and you know this will never be sustainable.

My argument is there's already existing national local content law that's subsisting no need to short change other Nigerians because of another state local content law .
Re: Engage Ekiti Youths Or Forfeit Your Job Ekiti Government Warns Contractors by MIKOLOWISKA: 4:36pm On May 17
Light78:
Imagine someone from Kansas City not given a job because he doesn't live in Dublin

Haa, see how tribalism has started.

Education and universities started this first, where indigens will get admission first before other people from other states. Now employment has set in.

No hope for an Osun man coming to Ekiti to contest for house of rep undecided
there is hope
Re: Engage Ekiti Youths Or Forfeit Your Job Ekiti Government Warns Contractors by MIKOLOWISKA: 4:40pm On May 17
DJJOVINO:
[quote author=timilehin007 post=129991944] you clearly dont know what you saying...shey na because ekiti state government openly announced it...this thing happens somewhere somehow in every state...Idorama in Eleme PH , we were contracted from Lagos here to that place...it's very big working space with many contractors working on...there is a percentage of indigene that must be employed, unless you are not ready to work...and these guys are uncontrollable, dey are mostly uses as Mate( that's what we call them instead of labourers)...once it's 5PM they closes...even though situation might warrant that they close at pass 5...they will clean up Nd just go...they resumes to work in the morning at anytime...these guys are annoying and very daring

That's why measure and serious policy need to be put in place in order to separate the serious minded from those that have nothing to offer. Everyone can never act the same.
which measure. Stop describing yourself. Lazy ppl will remain lazy í unless you allow competition. Why will contractor hire ppl from outside of the local ppl are not useless
Re: Engage Ekiti Youths Or Forfeit Your Job Ekiti Government Warns Contractors by MIKOLOWISKA: 4:42pm On May 17
Judolisco:
indigens our citizens.
We either have freedom of labor or we don't.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bayo Ohu, The Guardian's Reporter, Murdered / Bayelsa Guber Update / Lets Have Your Questions For Mr President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.