Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,616 members, 7,847,577 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 09:15 PM

SA Campuses Join US Student Protests In Solidarity With Palestine (PICS) - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / SA Campuses Join US Student Protests In Solidarity With Palestine (PICS) (15735 Views)

#JusticeForSylvester: Ijaw Youth Council Protests In Front of Dowen College / Top Seven Nigerian Universities With "Eco - Friendly" Campuses - Kinesthouse / Top 7 Most Beautiful Campuses In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SA Campuses Join US Student Protests In Solidarity With Palestine (PICS) by tctrills: 5:23pm On May 17
IronGalaxy:
It's only wrong because it's South Africa right? got it
No you did not get it. It's wrong because the protesters are on the wrong side and they have no effect.

1 Like

Re: SA Campuses Join US Student Protests In Solidarity With Palestine (PICS) by IronGalaxy: 5:24pm On May 17
IamAtAnger:
Show me one black south African that's rich or compared to dangote.. you slave
Duh! Dangote is the richest man on the continent......surrounded by a sea of poverty

1 Like

Re: SA Campuses Join US Student Protests In Solidarity With Palestine (PICS) by Lawag3: 5:24pm On May 17
WannaHowzit:
Students and staff at the University of Cape Town (UCT) arrived on Thursday morning to find about ten tents with Palestinian flags and banners near the main plaza.

The encampment is in solidarity with similar movements at universities like Wits in Johannesburg and others in the United States, where students have occupied spaces. They are calling for financial and academic boycotts of Israel because of the Gaza war and occupation of Palestinian land.

The students set up camp on Wednesday and spent the night on campus. Some of their banners read “resistance is beautiful” and “how many students need to be killed before UCT does something”.

They also laid out a long white banner down the steps of the Sarah Baartman Hall with the names of a couple of hundred children and adults who have died thus far in the war since October, as well as messages of support.

The encampment was organised by the student movement, UCT4Palestine. According to organisers, they started the encampment to commemorate the “ongoing nakba” (the catastrophe), the mass displacement of Palestinians during the Arab-Israeli war in 1948. The space is also being used for artistic and educational purposes in solidarity with students at Wits University in Johannesburg. (pics 3 & 4)

Among their complaints, protesters claimed that UCT has financial ties with Israel and demanded that the institution break all ties with Israel. UCT4Palestine, in a statement, said, “We call on UCT and all institutions of higher learning to live up to their stated values by supporting the Palestinian call for a total boycott of Israeli academic institutions and corporations complicit in human rights abuses and genocide.”

Jamie Rosengarten from South African Jews for a Free Palestine said that they are “creating a proudly decolonial zone where we will mourn what’s happening right now in Gaza and Rafah”.

He said that there was a call for people to come together in a safe space and show solidarity.

The UCT4Palestine movement will also be collecting non-perishable food, warm clothing, and blankets during the encampment. These items will be distributed to a few poor local communities where they are desperately needed.

Students have vowed to continue their action until they get a response from UCT.

UCT spokesperson Elijah Moholola said, “The University has noted an encampment set up on Upper Campus. UCT has always upheld the right by any members of the campus community to embark on peaceful and lawful protest. The executive has not been formally engaged by nor received any correspondence from the group.”

https://www.news24.com/news24/southafrica/news/resistance-is-beautiful-uct-students-set-up-camp-in-solidarity-with-palestine-20240516

WannaHowzit as a member of the LGBT community will you like to go to Palestine? It's a genuine question.

1 Like

Re: SA Campuses Join US Student Protests In Solidarity With Palestine (PICS) by sonofsteven: 5:24pm On May 17
Lawag3:

Guy dey try understand context before you quote person.

South Africa na xenophobic country even within themselves they are at war

Blacks against whites....

Save yourselves from una pathetic selves before saving others
Re: SA Campuses Join US Student Protests In Solidarity With Palestine (PICS) by tctrills: 5:24pm On May 17
RickyJesus:

How is it a total waste of time dumbass, when it's already a global news and we are literally talking about it.

What's the use of telling you to use what you don't have in the first place.
If the goal was to make global news then you are right but if the aim was to stop Israels war with Hamas then you are just another idiot. Can we leave it at that?

1 Like

Re: SA Campuses Join US Student Protests In Solidarity With Palestine (PICS) by Lionessza6(f): 5:24pm On May 17
condensedmilk:

Which nonsense community is that? angry

what happened to your police?

Listen, there's crime all over the world and it's been committed by all races.

You people hate is beyond comprehension.

Here is you campaigning for an unknown people while you slaughter and burn your own race alive angry

LMFAO. Then why cry on my mentions about crime you think is commited by South Africans against immigrants, why not tell them to contact the police. Am I a police officer ? grin.

Those unknown people campaigned for us as well,and after that they didn't invade our country with poverty and criminality . You are owned nothing by us for being black, if you want black love ,.start.loving the blacks in Nigeria first...
And then promote black love in the entire West Africa...this were tribal hate has made the countries uninhabitable grin. You can't race shame me grin. That blackmail tactic won't work with me my dear

1 Like

Re: SA Campuses Join US Student Protests In Solidarity With Palestine (PICS) by Lawag3: 5:25pm On May 17
sonofsteven:

Guy try dey use your head. I'm Nigerian and I don't think you properly understood what I was saying or you quote the wrong person?
Re: SA Campuses Join US Student Protests In Solidarity With Palestine (PICS) by IamAtAnger: 5:26pm On May 17
Davido is richer than ZUMA 😅🤣.. its total disrespect mentioning Dangote in the first place... u modern slave
IronGalaxy:
Duh! Dangote is the richest man on the continent......surrounded by a sea of poverty

2 Likes

Re: SA Campuses Join US Student Protests In Solidarity With Palestine (PICS) by Lionessza6(f): 5:26pm On May 17
sonofsteven:

LMFAO. And you're a tribal and religiously bigoted country. And here is the funny thing, South Africa still remains the most desired country in sub saharan Africa,.whilst normal people run away from yours including yourselves grin grin

1 Like

Re: SA Campuses Join US Student Protests In Solidarity With Palestine (PICS) by IronGalaxy: 5:27pm On May 17
IamAtAnger:
Davido is richer than ZUMA 😅🤣.. its total disrespect mentioning Dangote in the first place... u modern slave
you're bragging of another man's private assets while you're starving. make it make sense
Re: SA Campuses Join US Student Protests In Solidarity With Palestine (PICS) by IronGalaxy: 5:28pm On May 17
sonofsteven:

Ignorance tends to be loud.
Re: SA Campuses Join US Student Protests In Solidarity With Palestine (PICS) by IamAtAnger: 5:28pm On May 17
Hello you're to Name juz one black South African.. you're comparing gdp that's built by ur white masters
IronGalaxy:
you're bragging about another man's private assets while you're starving. make it make sense

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SA Campuses Join US Student Protests In Solidarity With Palestine (PICS) by IronGalaxy: 5:31pm On May 17
IamAtAnger:
Hello you're to Name juz one black South African.. you're comparing gdp that's built by ur white masters
Oh goodness! GDP per capita can't be "Built" by anyone you m0ron hahahaha .you're dumb asf!
Re: SA Campuses Join US Student Protests In Solidarity With Palestine (PICS) by BadBradley: 5:31pm On May 17
AllenSpencer:

A country with the biggest economy in Africa does not matter in the world?

Only God knows how kids register on Nairaland.
Same fact you disputed since 2014 when we eclipsed your GDP?

That aside, Egypt has the biggest international clout in Africa but you won't see them behaving like naive fools like south Africa, the country of the longest serving slaves in the world

1 Like

Re: SA Campuses Join US Student Protests In Solidarity With Palestine (PICS) by cyberstarr(m): 5:31pm On May 17
A misguided set of people.

1 Like

Re: SA Campuses Join US Student Protests In Solidarity With Palestine (PICS) by Lionessza6(f): 5:32pm On May 17
themanderon:

You are campaigning for them to be free but they killed a fellow black student like you? Are those kind of people worthy of being supported?

LMFAO. Israel has killed thousands of blacks like you and even rendered them infertile in their thousands, but here you are forming at the mouth for them grin. Yes, I want them to be free in their own land and if they don't want blacks in.their midst, then blacks shouldn't go there ,why are you people always looking to escape and be accommodated. Embarrassing!. Palestinians and every nation should have a right to associate with whomever they want.in their home. Black students must push.their own governments to build their own countries instead of being world beggars.

1 Like

Re: SA Campuses Join US Student Protests In Solidarity With Palestine (PICS) by IamAtAnger: 5:32pm On May 17
But ur white masters did ... overgrown dumb
IronGalaxy:
Oh goodness! GDP per capita can't be "Built" by anyone you m0ron hahahaha .you're dumb asf!

1 Like

Re: SA Campuses Join US Student Protests In Solidarity With Palestine (PICS) by IronGalaxy: 5:34pm On May 17
IamAtAnger:
But ur white masters did ... overgrown dumb
LOL, Can you please explain how you build GDP per capita like Noha' Ark my illiterate friend, I'm all ears grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: SA Campuses Join US Student Protests In Solidarity With Palestine (PICS) by Lionessza6(f): 5:34pm On May 17
IamAtAnger:
We light up ur world ...take a look around.. ur party is bored without Nigerians turning up 🤣😅😂

LMFAO. Poor souls,it's a pity you can't even build toilets, but atleast you are the social butterflies of the world grin grin grin. Delusional!
Re: SA Campuses Join US Student Protests In Solidarity With Palestine (PICS) by IronGalaxy: 5:35pm On May 17
BadBradley:

That aside, Egypt has the biggest international clout in Africa but you won't see the behaving like naive fools like south Africa, the country of the longest serving slaves in the world
Egypt's has arab clout my friend don't get it twisted, plus we do what we wanna do, it's not our problem Nigeria stands for nothing

1 Like

Re: SA Campuses Join US Student Protests In Solidarity With Palestine (PICS) by IamAtAnger: 5:36pm On May 17
You're a slave and you expect me to stoop so low explaining how ur ancestors became slaves even in their fatherland? 🤣😂😅 you're so overgrown dumb!
IronGalaxy:
LOL, Can you please explain how you build GDP per capita like Noha' Ark my illiterate friend, I'm all ears grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: SA Campuses Join US Student Protests In Solidarity With Palestine (PICS) by IronGalaxy: 5:36pm On May 17
Lionessza6:

LMFAO. Poor souls,it's a pity you can't even build toilets, but atleast you are the social butterflies of the world grin grin grin. Delusional!
This fool says our GDP per capita was built by white people. how exactly do you build a way of gathering data is beyond me

1 Like

Re: SA Campuses Join US Student Protests In Solidarity With Palestine (PICS) by Lionessza6(f): 5:37pm On May 17
BadBradley:

That aside, Egypt has the biggest international clout in Africa but you won't see the behaving like naive fools like south Africa, the country of the longest serving slaves in the world

LMFAO. Egypt has what clout over SA? grin.

We are the happy slaves ,.whilst you're the miserable free people grin. Let the whites chain us forever if what Nigerians have is freedom grin grin

1 Like

Re: SA Campuses Join US Student Protests In Solidarity With Palestine (PICS) by IamAtAnger: 5:38pm On May 17
Name one reasonable black south African apart from prisoner Mandela that got freed with our support?...
Lionessza6:

1 Like

Re: SA Campuses Join US Student Protests In Solidarity With Palestine (PICS) by IronGalaxy: 5:38pm On May 17
IamAtAnger:
You're a slave and you expect me to stoop so low explaining how ur ancestors became slaves even in their fatherland? 🤣😂😅 you're so overgrown dumb!
My guy, trust me Im loving the slavery over here, that's why you'll see us over there but we see you over here looking for greener pastures cool

Again, how do you build GDP per capita?

1 Like

Re: SA Campuses Join US Student Protests In Solidarity With Palestine (PICS) by IronGalaxy: 5:40pm On May 17
Lionessza6:

LMFAO. Egypt has what clout over SA? grin.

We are the happy slaves ,.whilst you're the miserable free people grin. Let the whites chain us forever if what Nigerians have is freedom grin grin
Imagine Egypt grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: SA Campuses Join US Student Protests In Solidarity With Palestine (PICS) by Lionessza6(f): 5:40pm On May 17
IronGalaxy:
This fool says our GDP per capita was built by white people. how exactly do you build a way of gathering data is beyond me

LMFAO. You're dealing with envious , retarde'd and bitter people. Everything they call us is actually what they are. Nigerians love to project.their feelings on others .

1 Like

Re: SA Campuses Join US Student Protests In Solidarity With Palestine (PICS) by IamAtAnger: 5:41pm On May 17
Waste of time responding to ur pathetic life u slave...go lick whiteass like ur ancestors 🤮🤮🤮 BYE!
IronGalaxy:
My guy, trust me Im loving the slavery over here, that's why you'll see us over there but we see you over here looking for greener pastures cool

Again, how do you build GDP per capita?

1 Like

Re: SA Campuses Join US Student Protests In Solidarity With Palestine (PICS) by IronGalaxy: 5:42pm On May 17
IamAtAnger:
Waste of time responding to ur pathetic life u slave...go lick whiteass like ur ancestors 🤮🤮🤮 BYE!
Let's just agree, you have no clue what "GDP per capita" is and keep it moving? Yes?
Re: SA Campuses Join US Student Protests In Solidarity With Palestine (PICS) by IronGalaxy: 5:43pm On May 17
Lionessza6:

LMFAO. You're dealing with envious , retarde'd and bitter people. Everything they call us is actually what they are. Nigerians love to project.their feelings on others .
Their over-the-top arrogance is just a mask to hide their small-man syndrome.

1 Like

Re: SA Campuses Join US Student Protests In Solidarity With Palestine (PICS) by Krismas(m): 5:44pm On May 17
Lawag3:

Afa my guy, Galilee has gotten Independence oh.

You were right. The Federal republic of Galilee. 😂

I thought you'll hide your head in shame.

But apparently you are shameless
cheesy in shame that wot? u must be out of ur mind! did those hopeless Galileans say they were going to ask for independence or not? thats how far i reported. and reason for it, is cos of the refugees hezbollah drove away from the north with constant rocket barrages. is all these not TRUE? so, if they failed to ask for independence, shame on them. they are not men of their words. how is that my fault or concern?
Just today alone, look wot hezbollah is doing on golan heights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrRfMls9vRU

Israeli military base in Golan Heights under fire after Hezbollah launches a barrage of Katyusha rockets.
these are the reality zionist lickspittles on NL refuse to face
Re: SA Campuses Join US Student Protests In Solidarity With Palestine (PICS) by Krismas(m): 5:45pm On May 17
grin How many Jews died in Auschwitz?
The chatbot answered: “It is estimated that at least 1.1 million people died in Auschwitz, the majority of whom were Jews.
Were the Jews murdered in Auschwitz cremated?
Yes, the bodies of those murdered at Auschwitz were cremated.
How many crematoria were there in Auschwitz?
There was a total of four crematoria in Auschwitz.
How long does it take for a crematorium to cremate a body?
It usually takes between two and three hours to cremate a body in a crematorium.
Is it possible to cremate 1.1 million bodies using only four crematoria in four years?”
No.
How many years would it take?”
It would take over 78 years to cremate 1.1 million bodies using only four crematoria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

I Became Poor To Establish University - Afe Babalola / How To Prepare For Jamb, Post-utme And Others Using A Mobile Phone / University Of Benin, Uniben Post Ume 2010/2011 Result Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.