Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,632 members, 7,847,639 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 11:08 PM

Putin & Xi Hug Each Other As He Departs Beijing For Moscow (Photos, Video) - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Putin & Xi Hug Each Other As He Departs Beijing For Moscow (Photos, Video) (32471 Views)

China’s President Xi Calls Putin "Dear Friend" As They Meet In Moscow (Photos) / Vladimir Putin, Xi, Modi & World Leaders Not Present At The Queen Funeral (Pics) / US Spy Planes Deployed To Russia & Taiwan As Putin & Xi Hold War Games(Pix, Vid) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Putin & Xi Hug Each Other As He Departs Beijing For Moscow (Photos, Video) by Raj10(m): 8:48pm On May 17
PerfectStranger:
US is one man squad
big lie y was NATO created
Re: Putin & Xi Hug Each Other As He Departs Beijing For Moscow (Photos, Video) by Meedon: 8:49pm On May 17
WriteerNg:

Yeah sure.

I guess the rag tag Taliban is a more powerful army than Ukraine.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

This crack me up big time. Lol
Re: Putin & Xi Hug Each Other As He Departs Beijing For Moscow (Photos, Video) by omoyeni37: 9:00pm On May 17
blueghost:

I really felt that replying you will be a waste of time but i feel you do these things you do out of ignorance so let me lecture you for free on basic military course. To defeat your enemy you have to be realistic with yourself or else you get yourself annihilated. Hate it or love it the facts are the facts except when they are changed.
Your dislike and hatred for a country shouldn't make you blind to reality. In military studies, logistics wins you the war; the fact that you can supply troops is crucial. Having studied militaries and formations around the world, it's clear that the US military's capabilities are unparalleled. Here are some key qualities and quantities that underscore this:
Global Presence: The US maintains over 750 military bases worldwide, allowing it to project power and sustain operations across any continent. Neither China nor Russia has this logistical advantage.
Aircraft Carriers: The US is the only country with 11 nuclear-powered aircraft carriers, each capable of carrying at least 70 fighter jets. These carriers provide unmatched air superiority and flexibility.
Advanced Technology: The US military is equipped with cutting-edge technology, from stealth aircraft like the F-35 to advanced drones and cyber warfare capabilities. This technological edge is a significant force multiplier.
Training and Expertise: US military personnel, especially pilots, receive some of the best training in the world. This training ensures that they can operate effectively in complex and challenging environments.
Logistics and Supply Chain: The ability to supply and sustain troops across vast distances is a key advantage. The US military's logistical network is robust, allowing for rapid deployment and sustained operations.
Defense Budget: The US defense budget is the largest in the world, providing the resources needed to maintain and advance its military capabilities. This financial commitment supports ongoing innovation and readiness.
Nuclear Deterrence: With a substantial nuclear arsenal, the US maintains a strong deterrent against potential adversaries. This includes both land-based and submarine-launched ballistic missiles.
Cyber Warfare: The US has developed significant capabilities in cyber warfare, allowing it to disrupt and defend against digital threats. This is increasingly important in modern conflicts.
Sanctions and Economic Measures: US economic sanctions, like those imposed on Russia, have long-term strategic impacts. While the effects may not be immediate, they can significantly hinder an adversary's economic and military capabilities over time.
While it may take time for China and Russia to catch up, the US continues to leverage its advantages to maintain its military dominance. This is why the US works to prevent China from acquiring advanced chips and sanctions Russia, as these measures are intended to maintain its technological and strategic edge.
Economists suggest that the sanctions on Russia may not have immediate effects but have set the country back decades in terms of economic and military development. This strategic foresight ensures that the US remains a formidable military power now and in the future.

Apt!

2 Likes

Re: Putin & Xi Hug Each Other As He Departs Beijing For Moscow (Photos, Video) by Bossly: 9:01pm On May 17
WriterNig:
China is the biggest winner in all of this. All the cheap gas that was supposed to go to the EU now goes to them. And then they make alot of profit selling to the EU and rest of Asia.

The EU are the biggest losers, they lost their cheap energy source, lost so many industries to the US, lost money funding Ukraine.

While the US on the other hand is losing money funding Ukraine, at a time when many countries are cutting down their dollar reserves. And also lost its status as world's superpower.

Russian cheap energy powered the European economy, especially Germany for decades making them highly competitive. Now they're left to buy gas from Norway, US, India at 3× the previous price.

Chinese industrial power was second to none before the war now imagine what it'll achieve with all this cheap Russian gas.

Re: Putin & Xi Hug Each Other As He Departs Beijing For Moscow (Photos, Video) by Passersby123: 9:16pm On May 17
iichidodo:
The enemy of my enemy is my friend..Las-las America and its coalition of nations that supports democratic ideals and ciivil liberties are far advanced than China and Russia combined...
Kid
Re: Putin & Xi Hug Each Other As He Departs Beijing For Moscow (Photos, Video) by yarimo(m): 9:31pm On May 17
jiz:
What do you about international relations. Just face your confuse party APC grin grin

Re: Putin & Xi Hug Each Other As He Departs Beijing For Moscow (Photos, Video) by 1stgenSCAMM: 9:32pm On May 17
Some people won't like this news
Severe pains for them
Supporters of zio-western lgbtPEDO degenerates 🤮🤮🤮

Cc
1stgenamerican
Obedience4

1 Like

Re: Putin & Xi Hug Each Other As He Departs Beijing For Moscow (Photos, Video) by Rexymania(m): 9:47pm On May 17
Putin, a very delicate man
Re: Putin & Xi Hug Each Other As He Departs Beijing For Moscow (Photos, Video) by Adonko(m): 9:52pm On May 17
dododawa1:
Russia has weapons that can END this world in less than 3hr

Here are most of their dangerous weapons

Iskander
Satan2
Intercontinental ballistic
Su-35
Su-57
S-400 and d newly S-500(US anti air denfence no near the 400 not to talk of 500)
Russian satan2 is and cannot be intercepted cos it goes from the west to d east to get its target and satalite and only detect from east

INSIDE LIFE
grin you know sometimes I laugh when some of you just spill trash...there is a saying that an empty drum makes the loudest noise..

So while they were acquiring all these weapons or producing them US just folded thier hands ..and did nothing to upgrade thier arsenal. Who pass u pass u ..you see that country you called US and her citizens they are something else and there is a reason they call them God's own nation.

That was how Japan was making mouth but when US striked till today they have nor fully recovered..they are the highest in terms of investment on military equipment/ defence....followd by Russia, then China.

My bro ..don't be moved with emotions or initial gragra ....US as a country is something else when it comes to war..Russia and China knows this..

Let me drop it here.
Re: Putin & Xi Hug Each Other As He Departs Beijing For Moscow (Photos, Video) by DukeNija(m): 10:05pm On May 17
yarimo:
with NATO abi ? remove NATO collaborations USA can't stand Russia

But they cannot defeat Ukraine in 2years. Una no get sense.
Re: Putin & Xi Hug Each Other As He Departs Beijing For Moscow (Photos, Video) by yarimo(m): 10:07pm On May 17
DukeNija:

But they cannot defeat Ukraine in 2years. Una no get sense.
Russia is not fighting Ukraine. Russia is fighting NATO in Ukraine
Re: Putin & Xi Hug Each Other As He Departs Beijing For Moscow (Photos, Video) by okechuks22: 10:08pm On May 17
Unlike the brain dead leaders we have in animal kingdom
Re: Putin & Xi Hug Each Other As He Departs Beijing For Moscow (Photos, Video) by patrickmuf(m): 10:14pm On May 17
blueghost:

I really felt that replying you will be a waste of time but i feel you do these things you do out of ignorance so let me lecture you for free on basic military course. To defeat your enemy you have to be realistic with yourself or else you get yourself annihilated. Hate it or love it the facts are the facts except when they are changed.
Your dislike and hatred for a country shouldn't make you blind to reality. In military studies, logistics wins you the war; the fact that you can supply troops is crucial. Having studied militaries and formations around the world, it's clear that the US military's capabilities are unparalleled. Here are some key qualities and quantities that underscore this:
Global Presence: The US maintains over 750 military bases worldwide, allowing it to project power and sustain operations across any continent. Neither China nor Russia has this logistical advantage.
Aircraft Carriers: The US is the only country with 11 nuclear-powered aircraft carriers, each capable of carrying at least 70 fighter jets. These carriers provide unmatched air superiority and flexibility.
Advanced Technology: The US military is equipped with cutting-edge technology, from stealth aircraft like the F-35 to advanced drones and cyber warfare capabilities. This technological edge is a significant force multiplier.
Training and Expertise: US military personnel, especially pilots, receive some of the best training in the world. This training ensures that they can operate effectively in complex and challenging environments.
Logistics and Supply Chain: The ability to supply and sustain troops across vast distances is a key advantage. The US military's logistical network is robust, allowing for rapid deployment and sustained operations.
Defense Budget: The US defense budget is the largest in the world, providing the resources needed to maintain and advance its military capabilities. This financial commitment supports ongoing innovation and readiness.
Nuclear Deterrence: With a substantial nuclear arsenal, the US maintains a strong deterrent against potential adversaries. This includes both land-based and submarine-launched ballistic missiles.
Cyber Warfare: The US has developed significant capabilities in cyber warfare, allowing it to disrupt and defend against digital threats. This is increasingly important in modern conflicts.
Sanctions and Economic Measures: US economic sanctions, like those imposed on Russia, have long-term strategic impacts. While the effects may not be immediate, they can significantly hinder an adversary's economic and military capabilities over time.
While it may take time for China and Russia to catch up, the US continues to leverage its advantages to maintain its military dominance. This is why the US works to prevent China from acquiring advanced chips and sanctions Russia, as these measures are intended to maintain its technological and strategic edge.
Economists suggest that the sanctions on Russia may not have immediate effects but have set the country back decades in terms of economic and military development. This strategic foresight ensures that the US remains a formidable military power now and in the future.

It's all about the military strategy a country adopts. For the US, they rather project power hence the reason for military bases accross the different continents, the need for aircraft carriers etc.

For Russia and to a lesser extent China, theirs is all about defending their territory and deterring others from attacking them. China is slowly abandoning their position and are looking to project power hence their heavy spending on carriers and their navy in general.

The ability of an economy to switch to war economy effortlessly is what determines whether a country can hold its own when faced with a war with an equal or near equal adversary. Russia and most especially China can ramp up production in a short span of time to prosecute a war that will last ages.

In all, nukes will be involved if any of the super powers go head-to-head.

For me, I am all for a multi-polar world order.
Re: Putin & Xi Hug Each Other As He Departs Beijing For Moscow (Photos, Video) by GreatOchuks: 10:54pm On May 17
The real Cultists
Re: Putin & Xi Hug Each Other As He Departs Beijing For Moscow (Photos, Video) by ComeToJesus: 11:05pm On May 17
This guy doesn't drink tea when served outside his enclave. What happened?
Saw a video he faked drinking..

Re: Putin & Xi Hug Each Other As He Departs Beijing For Moscow (Photos, Video) by Goodlady(f): 11:42pm On May 17
WriterNig:
China is the biggest winner in all of this. All the cheap gas that was supposed to go to the EU now goes to them. And then they make alot of profit selling to the EU and rest of Asia.

The EU are the biggest losers, they lost their cheap energy source, lost so many industries to the US, lost money funding Ukraine.

While the US on the other hand is losing money funding Ukraine, at a time when many countries are cutting down their dollar reserves. And also lost its status as world's superpower.

Russian cheap energy powered the European economy, especially Germany for decades making them highly competitive. Now they're left to buy gas from Norway, US, India at 3× the previous price.

Chinese industrial power was second to none before the war now imagine what it'll achieve with all this cheap Russian gas.
Which other country has gas aside Russia and how many in quantity?
Re: Putin & Xi Hug Each Other As He Departs Beijing For Moscow (Photos, Video) by dc23(m): 1:52am On May 18
Wow, so Xi is much taller than Putin?? Interesting
Re: Putin & Xi Hug Each Other As He Departs Beijing For Moscow (Photos, Video) by HenryWilliams(m): 4:08am On May 18
WriteerNg:

By one man squad you mean 32 NATO members squad?

Because the US have never fought a war on its own before. AND WON! KOREA, VIETNAM, AFGHANISTAN PT1 & 2, IIRAQ, SOMALIA ETC.

The US always move with its NATO gang.
Re: Putin & Xi Hug Each Other As He Departs Beijing For Moscow (Photos, Video) by HenryWilliams(m): 4:13am On May 18
Adonko:
grin you know sometimes I laugh when some of you just spill trash...there is a saying that an empty drum makes the loudest noise..

So while they were acquiring all these weapons or producing them US just folded thier hands ..and did nothing to upgrade thier arsenal. Who pass u pass u ..you see that country you called US and her citizens they are something else and there is a reason they call them God's own nation.

[b]That was how Japan was making mouth but when US striked till today they have nor fully recovered..[/b]they are the highest in terms of investment on military equipment/ defence....followd by Russia, then China.

My bro ..don't be moved with emotions or initial gragra ....US as a country is something else when it comes to war..Russia and China knows this..

Let me drop it here.

Americans call themselves that no other nation says that
In 1941 ba? 70 years ago?
US has fallen a long way down since then
Re: Putin & Xi Hug Each Other As He Departs Beijing For Moscow (Photos, Video) by akilo1: 4:50am On May 18
WriterNig:
👍🏻Like for Russia-China, share for USA/Nazi/NATO
beer parlour analysis
Re: Putin & Xi Hug Each Other As He Departs Beijing For Moscow (Photos, Video) by Deeprooted: 5:12am On May 18
PerfectStranger:
US is one man squad

Ever heard of NATO?

USA is never alone, they found NATO for a reason which is to counter Russia. They know doing it alone would be a suicide mission
Re: Putin & Xi Hug Each Other As He Departs Beijing For Moscow (Photos, Video) by Elonmuzk(m): 6:06am On May 18
Birds of the same feathers!
Re: Putin & Xi Hug Each Other As He Departs Beijing For Moscow (Photos, Video) by Double0h7(f): 6:53am On May 18
All that’s left is for these two to solidify their bonds, and for Iran to join and then we have ww3. I never thought I’d live to see this day but #free Palestine 🇵🇸
Re: Putin & Xi Hug Each Other As He Departs Beijing For Moscow (Photos, Video) by Onyiiobi7735(m): 7:44am On May 18
God bless Russia and China.They are the reason,US can never ever subjugate the developing world with their predatory economic and socio economic policies.
The evil US never expected Russia to resist their sanctions and that of their Western allies.
So far the demonic sanctions have had little or no effect on Russian economy.
Russia is busily exporting her cheap gas and oil to China,India and others of her allies in Central Asia,SE Asia and elsewhere.
US is still wailing like a toothless bulldog.

1 Like

Re: Putin & Xi Hug Each Other As He Departs Beijing For Moscow (Photos, Video) by ben1daEbiri(m): 7:58am On May 18
seunayantokun:
I like Putin because he wants everything to be put in a proper shape, but I condemned and will continue to condemn him for invading Ukraine. He could have used Russia's position of power to peacefully make Ukraine and other neighbouring countries friends of Russia. Wickedness is never a solution to a problem of relationship.

Putin is a not a mad man as the West portray him to be. He has tried to resolve this amicably countless times but they called his bluff. The Ukrainian clown took his chance thinking Putin wouldn't attack now look at the result.

The war is only going to end in one possible way and it will be Ukraine's loss. Regardless of how much they get to rebuild, innocent Ukrainian civilians lost their lives. At worse, Russia is going to be forced to pay some billions in reparation but Ukraine may never remain the same again.

War is bad for everyone, I'm not exonerating Putin either but Zelenskiyy should've done EVERYTHING possible to make sure his land is not a puddle for two fighting elephants.

1 Like

Re: Putin & Xi Hug Each Other As He Departs Beijing For Moscow (Photos, Video) by ben1daEbiri(m): 8:08am On May 18
AllenSpencer:

What else than to drown America

Europe better stop spending on that gas pipeline going through Niger, cos what happened to Nord stream will happen to it 🤣🤣🤣

Putin is a damn chess player. Hommie just to trap Niger. Hold them by the throat

They think Putin would let the nord stream II incident go unpunished. It may not necessarily be blowing up the new trans-saharan pipeline but he'll surely retaliate. People need to go back to history to understand why Russians are so resolute and unforgiving.

Again, if the West thinks Putin dying or leaving power would give them an upper hand then they'll be in for a shocker. I don't know who's going to be the next Russian leader after Putin but believe me he's going to be worse. The USSR had one thing at heart: Nationalism.
Re: Putin & Xi Hug Each Other As He Departs Beijing For Moscow (Photos, Video) by ben1daEbiri(m): 8:31am On May 18
Adonko:

That was how Japan was making mouth but when US striked till today they have nor fully recovered..they are the highest in terms of investment on military equipment/ defence....followd by Russia, then China.

Let me drop it here.

As much as money is important to any military, having the highest defence budget doesn't necessarily mean you're the best. For almost any military hardware to the US have, Russia have it for about atleast have the price. Let me explain better:

The US military is likely the most corrupt industry in the country because of the process involved in bidding and winning contracts. They pay so much for kickbacks and all that. The DoD and CIA in turn "make" wars to sell this weapons. There's a reason why military contracts are not made public. In this regard, the US selling weapons (not oil) arguably makes them top dollar. Having defence budgets in billions and trillions doesn't mean they're all for R&grin for vibranium-esque materials for weaponry but as well as logistics across the world to give "democracy".

On the other point you raised, the world right now is so multipolar that the US will NOT attempt to directly hit mainland Russia, China or even NK...yes you read it right North Korea and I believe you already know why.
It's also the same reason why any of those countries mentioned would not DARE hit the US too, they all have a weapon of check and balance. There's too much at stake for anyone to attempt it. You know those offshore accounts and fishy deals in Switzerland? Yeah. Have you also wondered why no one bothers Switzerland? When's there's a common factor everyone sheats their sword.

God's own country? The US have done and is doing a lot of wrong right now for God to be involved with them but I'm not God so I can't call the shots on that.

I love the US, it's a great country filled with opportunities if you're willing to work but the past few years haven't been the best for them in terms of leadership and even down to security.

1 Like

Re: Putin & Xi Hug Each Other As He Departs Beijing For Moscow (Photos, Video) by seunayantokun(m): 11:45am On May 18
ben1daEbiri:

Putin is a not a mad man as the West portray him to be. He has tried to resolve this amicably countless times but they called his bluff. The Ukrainian clown took his chance thinking Putin wouldn't attack now look at the result.

The war is only going to end in one possible way and it will be Ukraine's loss. Regardless of how much they get to rebuild, innocent Ukrainian civilians lost their lives. At worse, Russia is going to be forced to pay some billions in reparation but Ukraine may never remain the same again.

War is bad for everyone, I'm not exonerating Putin either but Zelenskiyy should've done EVERYTHING possible to make sure his land is not a puddle for two fighting elephants.
Agreed. Zelensky shouldn't have called a bluff of what Putin could do. Diplomacy is far better than confrontation, especially when power isn't on your side.

1 Like

Re: Putin & Xi Hug Each Other As He Departs Beijing For Moscow (Photos, Video) by DukeNija(m): 3:14pm On May 18
yarimo:
Russia is not fighting Ukraine. Russia is fighting NATO in Ukraine

How much has NATO given Ukraine to propagate the war? How many NATO soldiers are fighting in Ukraine?
Re: Putin & Xi Hug Each Other As He Departs Beijing For Moscow (Photos, Video) by yarimo(m): 3:17pm On May 18
DukeNija:

How much has NATO given Ukraine to propagate the war? How many NATO soldiers are fighting in Ukraine?
everything Ukraine are fighting with was and still donated by NATO
Re: Putin & Xi Hug Each Other As He Departs Beijing For Moscow (Photos, Video) by laivwire(m): 4:22pm On May 18
WriterNig:

While your writeup makes alot of sense, I would disagree with some points. The USA is STILL the world's super power. No country comes close, not even Russia. I agree the EU lost the cheap gas deal but of course that's for the short run, new strategies are being put in place to their benefit and even Africa can take a piece of the pie in the instance of natural gas supply (Good for us). Russia has lost that hold over them.

Yes, the US is pumping funds to Ukraine but they are not silly, Russia is also incurring losses; to the war and in their trade. Even if China produces 90% of global goods, they need buyers. The US and Europe still remain some of the strongest global markets. I don't see Africa and India with an equal purchasing power.
Re: Putin & Xi Hug Each Other As He Departs Beijing For Moscow (Photos, Video) by Karnice600: 3:13am On May 19
WriterNig:

"Chinese industrial power was second to none before the war now imagine what it'll achieve with all this cheap Russian gas"

You're always doing the bolded- imagining.., living in daily delusions, beclouded in sentiment and depressive denial.

Moomoo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top 10 Facts About Boris Johnson Uk’s New Prime Minister / Sierra Leonean Safety Officer Fights Back After A Chinese Miner Attacked Him / Putin Declares Martial Law In 4 Annexed Regions Of Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.