Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,739 members, 7,847,991 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 01:06 PM

THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? (36171 Views)

How Many Cans Of Carbonated Drinks Have You Tasted This Year?? / Much Of Carbonated Drinks Destroys Body System- Expert / See The Recommendations Issued By House Of Reps For Carbonated Drinks In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by asatemple(f): 9:17pm On May 18
kingjoe:
did you attend absu.most of us that went to absu or live around okigwe are used to good spot and limca around 2000
no my dear
IMT Enugu
Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by iFESTAC680(m): 9:21pm On May 18
McAausim:
😁😁

Chai..... 😁😁 Mehn , goldspot citra, thum up that year... follow am up wit nasco biscuits.... 😁😁

Correct nigga
Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by chicfarmer: 9:24pm On May 18
Konquest:

@chicfarmer,

Indeed, you hit the spot... I like some of the adjectives you used to qualify Green Sands Shandy here.

"The taste was simply UNMATCHED" like you stated.

It was in the very early 1980s that I first drank it and it's taste OR recipe hasn't been replicated anywhere that I know of. It had a kind of "Ginger Ale" effect... But much deeper.
TRUE that! With a much larger population worldwide now, any company that relaunches Green Sands Shandy will make billions in profits for investors tbh.

The monochrome green label on the brown bottle was also irresistible. The monochrome green color of NL too is also one of the things that subconciously attracted me to this discussion forum since 2005... grin

I'm curious though, what state were you based in when you had that drink?... I was wondering whether Green Sands Shandy was widely available in all the then 19 states of Nigeria or it was it only limited to Lagos and a few states of Nigeria back in the 1980s.

Take care.

Benin city, old Bendel.
Omo I so loved the drink that anytime my mum wants to buy malt then, I'll convince her to by Green Sandy because I know say she go everly remain for me grin tongue
Forget, that drink no get part 2.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by chicfarmer: 9:32pm On May 18
SULBELL:

I cannot see Tandi, Dr Pepper and Pearl Soda (the advert made me like this one, it goes something like "Pali soda gbegbemi looo o" grin)

Let me help you.
Parle soda is soo refreshing...
Parle soda is my kind of drink....

You go pay me for reminding you o cheesy
Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by Josephkabila12: 9:41pm On May 18
Crush

1 Like 1 Share

Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by geokay777(m): 10:00pm On May 18
id4sho:
Indomie generation don't know this tongue

Fanta Chapman ain't there

One bottle with noodles and eggs, legs in the air cool

If you don't gerrit, forgerrit it
Fanta Pineapple nko??

1 Like

Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by WINDSOW(m): 10:22pm On May 18
CHIOMAEZEH:
Green shands ..... Parley Soda.... Randi guarana

Chai...I don old ooo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4bjunXCMgs
All hail the eldest man on this platform.
Shandy? You must be at least 72 years Sir.
God bless
Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by Yvngex(m): 10:43pm On May 18
Racoon:
grin Who still remembers these soft drinks with nostalgic feelings

One Fact about this drinks was that the bottles were very strong and hard to break

1 Like

Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by bitingcool: 10:50pm On May 18
id4sho:
Indomie generation don't know this tongue

Fanta Chapman ain't there

One bottle with noodles and eggs, legs in the air cool

If you don't gerrit, forgerrit it

there was no noodles then.
Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by onadana: 10:58pm On May 18
Racoon:
Limca, Goldspot and Thums Up. I don't know if Goldspot later translate to Mirinda? There were also Crush, Schweppes Africola and Dr Pepper but they not included in the picture. The rest belong to our ancestors

If you know this drinks,you should have or preparing to have grandchildren. grin
Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by rezzy: 11:02pm On May 18
richiemcgold:
Goldspot
Limca
Dr Pepper
Afri Cola
Time Cola
Thums Up
Crush
Bluna
Vinto
Krest
Parley Soda
And others. I drank them all.

...good old time memories.

Parley soda good for the body

Chai, I like that song
Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by Cocolatti(m): 11:31pm On May 18
Racoon:
Limca, Goldspot and Thums Up. I don't know if Goldspot later translate to Mirinda? There were also Crush, Schweppes Africola and Dr Pepper but they not included in the picture. The rest belong to our ancestors
Where is Brahma Guarana?

1 Like

Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by blowjohn(m): 11:31pm On May 18
No Crush?
No Krest?
Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by blowjohn(m): 11:32pm On May 18
rezzy:

Parley soda good for the body

Chai, I like that song

Chai afri cola

The drink didn't stay long sha

1 Like

Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by Franking: 11:57pm On May 18
I miss gold spot. Meat pie and gold spot used to make sense at Igbobi College in the early 90s.
Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by engrchykae(m): 12:09am On May 19
richiemcgold:
Goldspot
Limca
Dr Pepper
Afri Cola
Time Cola
Thums Up
Crush
Bluna
Vinto
Krest
Parley Soda

No respect for Ginger Ale?
Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by bewla(m): 12:26am On May 19
FreeStuffsNG:
No Dr. Pepper on the list ni? Please add it to make it a great throwback
What about Miranda gwarana
Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by LUCASC(m): 1:29am On May 19
Crush was my favorite
Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by Solababa91(m): 3:34am On May 19
Where is Parle Soda?
Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by Konquest: 4:37am On May 19
chicfarmer:

Benin city, old Bendel.
Omo I so loved the drink that anytime my mum wants to buy malt then, I'll convince her to by Green Sandy because I know say she go everly remain for me grin tongue
Forget, that drink no get part 2.
@chicfarmer,

Aha! Old Bendelites... Those were the Governor Ambrose Folorunso Alli of Bendel State years and more.

Indeed, aside from Crush, Maltina and other malt drinks that I liked to drink, chilled green bottles or cans of Green Sands Shandy NO get part 2. It's pretty clear to me now that the spread of Green Sands Shandy was all over the then 19 States. In addition to Lagos, I took Green Sands Shandy in the North of Nigeria as well back then.

As an OG in the game, I have a pleasant surprise for you though, since we are both celebrating nostalgic times. So, just a little over six hours ago, I found a link on how some types of shandy are made. So, head on and experiment with the tips here.

=>https://www.kitchenbutterfly.com/2015/friday-cocktails-nostalgic-for-green-sands-shandy/

Let me know what you think about the taste.
Whether it comes close to the actual taste of the original Green Sands Shandy brand of the 1980s is another thing entirely, but I'll also give it a try within the week. Heineken and Sprite will "suffer" in my hands from here on out.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Ciao.

1 Like

Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by Jeje247: 5:31am On May 19
richiemcgold:
Goldspot
Limca
Dr Pepper
Afri Cola
Time Cola
Thums Up
Crush
Bluna
Vinto
Krest
Parley Soda

krest tonic was my favourite. Don't know why people spent money on parley soda. It tastes like salt in water. Preferred goldspot to Fanta then. Only started taking Fanta when good spot disappeared. Miranda is a no go area for me
Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by judedwriter(m): 10:15am On May 19
Racoon:

Gold spot, limca grin

Reminds of those good old days when NTA had no rivals!
Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by Gentlealibu: 10:57am On May 19
CHIOMAEZEH:
Green shands ..... Parley Soda.... Randi guarana

Chai...I don old ooo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4bjunXCMgs

It's Green Shandy, Brama Guarana (the company is still in Kaduna, abandoned.) there's also Crush, Limca (in Zaria)
Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by bluefilm: 1:47pm On May 19
I know only goldspot

Why is Limca not on the list?
Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by VULCAN(m): 3:39pm On May 19
Racoon:

Add this to your collection.

I can NEVER forget this drink.

Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by freenature: 4:01pm On May 19
Racoon:

back in the early 90's
Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by chicfarmer: 6:20pm On May 19
Konquest:

@chicfarmer,
Aha! Old Bendelites... Those were the Governor Ambrose Folorunso Alli of Bendel State years and more.

Indeed, aside from Crush, Maltina and other malt drinks that I liked to drink, chilled green bottles or cans of Green Sands Shandy NO get part 2. It's pretty clear to me now that the spread of Green Sands Shandy was all over the then 19 States. In addition to Lagos, I took Green Sands Shandy in the North of Nigeria as well back then.

As an OG in the game, I have a pleasant surprise for you though, since we are both celebrating nostalgic times. So, just a little over six hours ago, I found a link on how some types of shandy are made. So, head on and experiment with the tips here.

=>https://www.kitchenbutterfly.com/2015/friday-cocktails-nostalgic-for-green-sands-shandy/

Let me know what you think about the taste.
Whether it comes close to the actual taste of the original Green Sands Shandy brand of the 1980s is another thing entirely, but I'll also give it a try within the week. Heineken and Sprite will "suffer" in my hands from here on out.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Ciao.

OK boss, I'll certainly give it a try.

1 Like

Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by wman(m): 9:01am On May 20
Tandi?
Parle Soda?

The company sold all these products to Coca Cola who killed them from the market.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Preserve My Ground Melon (Egusi) And Locust Beans (Iru)? / Be Honest, Can You Eat This Yam With 5 Toes? (Photo) / What Are The Foods And Beverages To Avoid During Pregnancy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.