Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,756 members, 7,848,021 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 01:51 PM

THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? (36173 Views)

How Many Cans Of Carbonated Drinks Have You Tasted This Year?? / Much Of Carbonated Drinks Destroys Body System- Expert / See The Recommendations Issued By House Of Reps For Carbonated Drinks In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by trytillmake(m): 5:32pm On May 18
o boy na only limca and goldspot i know there o

2 Likes

Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by Laple0541(m): 5:35pm On May 18
The first 3. I really love that Limca. It used to have one funny advert then.
Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by TurbinePower(f): 5:36pm On May 18
Meet the first advocate of GAYdoggy style in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by stevonics: 5:38pm On May 18
Chioma Eze! How many children do you have now. I can remember green Shand's advert, far back early 80s. We sang along, green sand sandy. ... grin
CHIOMAEZEH:
Green shands ..... Parley Soda.... Randi guarana

Chai...I don old ooo
Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by stasius: 5:40pm On May 18
When we are dancing together
The sun and sea together
Music and song together
Lime and lemon to drink together.

Lalalalalala Limca.. Limca Limca ..mLimca.. Lolz
grin grin grin grin angry angry angry grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by Beremx(f): 5:40pm On May 18
Racoon:
Limca, Goldspot and Thums Up. I don't know if Goldspot later translate to Mirinda? There were also Crush, Schweppes Africola and Dr Pepper but they not included in the picture. The rest belong to our ancestors
The list isn't complete without Tandi Guarana my favorite Sunday drink with rice

1 Like

Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by Eddaman77(m): 5:41pm On May 18
CHIOMAEZEH:

Chai...I don old ooo
Oga you don old Ooo for you to know Green Sands Chandy, you belong to the league of 70s.
Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by iykofias(m): 5:43pm On May 18
Where’s CRUSH?
Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by sirjoggy(m): 5:44pm On May 18
CHIOMAEZEH:

Chai...I don old ooo
is Tandi guarana bro

3 Likes

Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by olaadenigeria(m): 5:44pm On May 18
I recognized the first two. Them still in production and circulation in some part of Lagos

1 Like

Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by superCleanworks(m): 5:45pm On May 18
id4sho:
Indomie generation don't know this tongue
Fanta Chapman ain't there [/b]

you are talking of Fanta Chapman and yet blasting indomie generation which you are part of? πŸ˜‚ When chapman come out?

That means, if you ever drank Fanta GingerAle or Parle Soda, you would call everyone indomie gen.
Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by faceland: 5:45pm On May 18
I remember "Limpka" advertisment.... I think I have seen Gold Spot... Never seen or tasted the others.
Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by superCleanworks(m): 5:45pm On May 18
stasius:
When we are dancing together
The sun and sea together
Music and song together
Lime and lemon to drink together.

Lalalalalala Limca.. Limca Limca ..mLimca.. Lolz
grin grin grin grin angry angry angry grin grin grin grin

Sunday Rendezvous advert that year
Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by 2RightHands1Coc(m): 5:46pm On May 18
Dr. Pepper with doughnuts used to be the shit back then

Cold limca goes well with hot Buns or puff puff

Time flies
Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by arsenal33: 5:46pm On May 18
smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by Jez9(m): 5:47pm On May 18
Dynamicboss:
But where is doctor pepper on this list na sad
I tell.. Though uses drink but I dry manage if I no see Goldsport buy for Iya Ahmed shop back then in 1997-1998

1 Like 1 Share

Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by Beremx(f): 5:48pm On May 18
Konquest:

That's mad cool.

Mirinda did NOT transmute into Goldspot.

Mirinda is actually a product from the stable of Pepsi. Goldspot is from a different soft drinks company as well.

Crush in my opinion was the BIGGEST of the orange drinks in Lagos back in the very early 1980s though and it had a very unique orange taste. Even Mirinda Orange had a unique taste back then that was different from Fanta Orange.

Green Sands Shandy was also a big hit with me back in the day... It had a very classic taste.

All Indian drinks produced in Nigeria were sold to Coca Cola. Coca Cola has dominated the carbonated drinks and fruit drinks in Nigeria by buying them all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by Bahamas95(m): 5:49pm On May 18
Limca and Goldspot.
Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by superCleanworks(m): 5:50pm On May 18
Akfrenzy:
grin [b]Look under the crown cook and take your winnings to the redemption cente[/b]r πŸ˜†πŸ˜…πŸ˜†

Chai those words eeeh πŸ€ͺ I won a lot tide days

You go sabi cram adverts oh 😁
Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by RPG2020(m): 5:50pm On May 18
No Canada dry shocked

3 Likes

Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by TollinsN: 5:50pm On May 18
What about SHANDY , TANDI GUARANA
Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by TojuOke: 5:51pm On May 18
80"s and 70's gather here.....

2 Likes

Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by abobote: 5:51pm On May 18
Limca
Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by 3nity7: 5:53pm On May 18
Where is parle soda?
Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by CrossRhodes: 5:54pm On May 18
Racoon:
grin Who still remembers these soft drinks with nostalgic feelings

Guarana too
Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by Konquest: 5:55pm On May 18
Beremx:
hmmm

All Indian drinks produced in Nigeria were sold to Coca Cola. Coca Cola has dominated the carbonated drinks and fruit drinks in Nigeria by buying them all.
That's interesting @Beremx.

Indeed, I remember that Goldspot originally came from India to Nigeria as a franchise of some sort. You know, I didn't even realize that Coca Cola in India acquired the Goldspot brand back in 1993, but later ditched Goldspot in favor of the Fanta Orange brand as indicated in the screenshot you attached here.

I appreciate your sharing of that fact.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by Niok: 5:55pm On May 18
Best years growing up were the early 2000s damn
Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by DMerciful(m): 5:56pm On May 18
Goldspot....the zing thing.

Happy days are here again

Everybody is a winner
Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by chicfarmer: 5:56pm On May 18
[quote author=Konquest post=130018891]
That's mad cool.

Mirinda did NOT transmute into Goldspot.

Mirinda is actually a product from the stable of Pepsi. Goldspot is from a different soft drinks company as well.

Crush in my opinion was the BIGGEST of the orange drinks in Lagos back in the very early 1980s though and it had a very unique orange taste. Even Mirinda Orange had a unique taste back then that was different from Fanta Orange.

Green Sands Shandy was also a big hit with me back in the day... It had a very classic taste.

Any company that can relaunch Green Shandy will cash out billions. The taste was simply unmatched! tongue tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by Oakenshield: 5:58pm On May 18
Those of us born in the 80s probably drank all the drinks especially wen we were small so may not remember some but others were drank very well into late 90s
Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by ClearFlair: 5:59pm On May 18
Racoon:

Gold spot and Limca πŸ˜€
Re: THROWBACK: Which Of These Beverages/Carbonated Drinks Do You Know? by joseph1832(m): 6:00pm On May 18
Racoon:

all of them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Preserve My Ground Melon (Egusi) And Locust Beans (Iru)? / Be Honest, Can You Eat This Yam With 5 Toes? (Photo) / What Are The Foods And Beverages To Avoid During Pregnancy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.