Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,746 members, 7,848,005 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 01:27 PM

The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) (30921 Views)

What Is One Food You Could Not Live Without? Why? / "I Will End Up Eating Myself To Death" - US Teenager / Name The Food You Hate, But Other People Like Eating It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by Basic123: 8:59pm On May 18
illicit:
Suya

Amala, Gbegiri and Ewedu

No matter what anyone says about Ewedu broom or the colour of Gbegiri....

🥵

Those ones are even stupid.

1 Like

Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by Emdebby2: 9:10pm On May 18
Mine is bread. No matter how bad nutritionists paint am, I ain't giving up.

1 Like

Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by GiZcorp: 9:23pm On May 18
For the right price I can give up anything except God.
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by 77up(m): 9:24pm On May 18
Insallah.
Egusi soup and pounded Yam.
Rice and beans
Fried rice and chicken
Gari with Okro soup with fish
Amala and Gbegiri with goat meat
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by adanny01(m): 9:28pm On May 18
immortalcrown:
I have the habit of choosing food based on nutritional values, not based on taste or appearance. For this reason, I don't consume more than five bottles of carbonated drinks in a year. And I don't take alcohol.

If it is according to taste or appearance, I will eat noodles or Egusi soup every day. But I seriously avoid the two. I avoid Egusi because of oil and avoid noodles because it is not absolutely natural.

This habit of mine does not guarantee long life but can prevent or alleviate some health challenges.

My late friend was something like that. His mother battled diabetes so anything sweet he avoided. He also didn't eat Semo preferring wheat. I asked him one time what's the difference? I have since seen info that Carbohydrates is used by the body for glucose even more than raw sugar we take in beverages and carbonated drinks.

He later died in a work place accident which was totally unrelated to what he was scared of.

My current colleague cooks without seasoning, he is another person who avoids a lot of food due to Prostate enlargement. Everything he avoids and all he eats with the aim to lower his PSA doesn't work.

Most of what people avoid based on unfounded info is just a myth. My own father doesn't eat anything of groundnuts but takes his sugar even at 70. It turns out from my readings that groundnut (peanut) oil is one of the healthiest oil out there. The palm oil we so much worship is one of the worst.

My best friend prefers tripe to red meat, what I have read, tripe is one of the worst.

I eat what I feel like eating, simple. I don't let uninformed myths dictate to me.

Lastly, people say sugar causes diabetes, does it? Google causes of diabetes. Sugar is not there. Yet the condition is called sugar disease.

1 Like

Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by Konquest: 9:34pm On May 18
Mariangeles:

Did you know that putting slices of onions in the oil while frying the dodo, takes the aroma and taste to a whole new level? cheesy
Then if you want to take it a notch higher, add chopped up scotch bonnet pepper.
But you have to take them out of the oil before they get completely burnt.
You just want them to give their flavour to the plantains.

Balangu is what they call sheep meat, right?

Usually when someone's coming from the North. Especially Abuja.
Not all kilishi I've had tasted good though.
You seem to have a great since of adventure right here... You're the type of person who would like to go on leisure travels around exotic sceneries or places just for the new experience. I've NEVER done the frying of slices of onions and scotch bonnet pepper in the vegetable oil for dodo. I'll give it a try when next I want to have dodo for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

Indeed, different styles of cooking exist based on individual differences and personal experiences, so, those are some of the reasons why
some of the Abuja kilishi that you had not taste good. You know what Mariangeles? Why don't you try making your own well-spiced kilishi since you like it. I'm sure there are recipes online that would give you deep insights into how to make it at less cost. Well it's gonna cost you some of your time to prepare but it's worth giving it a shot. I'll remind you down the road to know if you've tried it out.

So, just do it!

Ciao. wink
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by 2RightHands1Coc(m): 9:35pm On May 18
Chai. You sabi Good life
OfeAchi:
French fries dipped in plenty of ketchup. Even if this meal is in the middle of a warzone, I'll go and get it!
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by sameks08(m): 9:39pm On May 18
If I talk my own dem go talk say I too like woman but
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by MetalJigsaw(m): 9:46pm On May 18
Zico4real:
Beans and plantain
Nice one but mine is anything that contains beans. Especially with bread🍞
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by Mindlog: 9:47pm On May 18
MichaelSokoto:

somtin wey nor geh taste?

u wan start anoda gbas gbos thread here bah?
grin

I dey travel from Cambridge to London just to go pick up Okpa flour. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by ayo2008: 9:54pm On May 18
Mariangeles:
What is that food you simply can't give up eating, no matter what they say about it?

Mine is kilishi. sad

Yeah, I've read all sorts about it, but I simply can't give up its sweet and spicy goodness. 🥵

What is yours?

Picture credit: Mariangeles

For this Tinubu period some cravings died naturally.
This economy has forced many to forcefully give up what they like eating.

We pray the phase shall surely pass

1 Like

Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by Asiri1991: 10:21pm On May 18
illicit:
Suya

Amala, Gbegiri and Ewedu

No matter what anyone says about Ewedu broom or the colour of Gbegiri....

🥵

The most nauseous things that ever exist. Spits.
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by Asiri1991: 10:27pm On May 18
Give me gateau marbré and I will be alright.

Okra soup from southern and eastern Nigeria anytime, any day; twice on Saturday night.
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by EggonBoy(m): 10:40pm On May 18
Mariangeles:

Do you dip your bread in your tea?
Don't lie o. cheesy
Yeah. I love dipping bread in my tea.
I enjoyed it more doing so
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by HajiaNotu: 10:41pm On May 18
1.Rice

2.Hot Amala and gbegiri soup combo shocked

3.Beans and soft corn..

Hmnnnn, salivating already tongue cry
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by Faithfulness99: 10:42pm On May 18
Rice
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by 10mobile: 10:57pm On May 18
Bread and groundnut.
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by charlizonto: 11:09pm On May 18
Holy Communion
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by 10mobile: 11:36pm On May 18
Omeggie1:
Hello everyone,

Workplace Bullying is a serious concern in the labour sector. A lot of employees in Nigeria do not even know how to identify this phenomenon.

A research is ongoing in this regard, kindly assist to fill this questionnaire so as to identify the ingredients of workplace Bullying and how it affects your mental health.

https://forms.gle/JRnewHtkssHHpJ8S6

Thank you for your time.
I was trying to respond to the questionaire but realized it's only for people who CURRENTLY work in LAGOS-BASED organizations. Although the title already indicates so, I think you should give an overt instruction to that effect because of less circumspective people who might answer from outside Lagos, thereby giving a misleading outcome.

Also, based on the questions you asked, I think the more natural options should read something like:

A. Yes
B. No
C. Not sure

Refer to the sample on this screenshot👇below...

Good success!

Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by Clinghton: 11:55pm On May 18
Kilishi ain't no food, mine is breadfruit its called UKWA in IBO dialect
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by Emzedz: 12:20am On May 19
Agbado all the way.. mtchhewww..
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by otherway: 1:25am On May 19
Mariangeles:
What is that food you simply can't give up eating, no matter what they say about it?

Mine is kilishi. sad

Yeah, I've read all sorts about it, but I simply can't give up its sweet and spicy goodness. 🥵

What is yours?

Picture credit: Mariangeles

Are you a chef?

Your threads mostly talk about food.

1 Like

Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by NonsenseRubbish: 1:44am On May 19
Plantain!! Pump and plain cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by BuyMeBanger: 3:19am On May 19
Rice(Plain white)
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by Kevineleven(m): 4:23am On May 19
Coconut and soft bread combo
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by NairalandGOAT1: 7:41am On May 19
RoyalBlu:
Mine is fish pie. 😋

The one shaped like a triangle with very thin dough. Chai cheesy

No way I'm giving that snack up.

It's called samosa not fish pie bro
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by AbujaLagos: 7:57am On May 19
Amala & Ewedu, the combo too soft and smooth.

Ihe dị iche iche bụ uto
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by descarado: 8:21am On May 19
Mindlog:

I dey travel from Cambridge to London just to go pick up Okpa flour. cheesy
Dear, where fo you buy the original from. I wouldn't mind going there
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by Mindlog: 8:36am On May 19
descarado:

Dear, where fo you buy the original from. I wouldn't mind going there

I don't buy from a shop, I pick it up from a Catholic convent in London as my elder sister who is a Rev. Sr has Priests and Rev. Srs friends who come into London from Nigeria, she arranges it
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by harmony75: 10:50am On May 19
Any swallows eba, fufu and bread with tea omg you have made my day!
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by descarado: 11:58am On May 19
Mindlog:

I don't buy from a shop, I pick it up from a Catholic convent in London as my elder sister who is a Rev. Sr has Priests and Rev. Srs friends who come into London from Nigeria, she arranges it

I envy you.
Waiting for my friend who will travel to naija August. He is nit even igbo and don't know what okpa is.
Ish....
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by truthhurts2: 1:44pm On May 19
Semo and efo 3 times a day 7 days a week grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Your Special Recipe For Your Jollof Rice! / Hunters Fight Over An Antelope Their Dog Caught (Video) / 6 Simple Foods Every Nigerian Women Must Know How To Make

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.