Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,770 members, 7,848,053 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 02:40 PM

The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) (30929 Views)

What Is One Food You Could Not Live Without? Why? / "I Will End Up Eating Myself To Death" - US Teenager / Name The Food You Hate, But Other People Like Eating It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by Dshocker(m): 2:35pm On May 19
immortalcrown:
I have the habit of choosing food based on nutritional values, not based on taste or appearance. For this reason, I don't consume more than five bottles of carbonated drinks in a year. And I don't take alcohol.

If it is according to taste or appearance, I will eat noodles or Egusi soup every day. But I seriously avoid the two. I avoid Egusi because of oil and avoid noodles because it is not absolutely natural.

This habit of mine does not guarantee long life but can prevent or alleviate some health challenges.

Mr avoider, death can come at anytime, so it is not matter of you being careful.
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by immortalcrown(m): 2:44pm On May 19
Dshocker:
Mr avoider, death can come at anytime, so it is not matter of you being careful.
Mrs. Consumer, did you not read the last paragraph of my comment?
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by Mariangeles(f): 2:56pm On May 19
otherway:

Are you a chef?

Your threads mostly talk about food.

In a way, yeah.

I'm a food enthusiast.
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by RoyalBlu(f): 3:03pm On May 19
NairalandGOAT1:

It's called samosa not fish pie bro

I said fish pie bro cheesy
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by DonroxyII: 3:07pm On May 19
Mariangeles:
What is that food you simply can't give up eating, no matter what they say about it?

Mine is kilishi. sad

Yeah, I've read all sorts about it, but I simply can't give up its sweet and spicy goodness. πŸ₯΅

What is yours?

Picture credit: Mariangeles
Pounded Yam & Oha/Eforiro ...

Ma pa mi nawwww cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by Sleekfingers: 3:40pm On May 19
1. Amala with lots of Ewedu , gbegiri and fresh red snapper or obokun.....Nothing in this world can make me stop eating these combo.....

2. For snacks ( fried crabs , fried Yoyo and fried prawns ) and step it down with chilled Guinness stout
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by Mariangeles(f): 4:35pm On May 19
EggonBoy:

Yeah. I love dipping bread in my tea.
I enjoyed it more doing so

It's how you own it. HahahahaπŸ˜€

1 Like

Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by Mariangeles(f): 4:41pm On May 19
Konquest:

You seem to have a great since of adventure right here... You're the type of person who would like to go on leisure travels around exotic sceneries or places just for the new experience. I've NEVER done the frying of slices of onions and scotch bonnet pepper in the vegetable oil for dodo. I'll give it a try when next I want to have dodo for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

I'm an adventurous person by nature.
I like exploring and trying new things. cheesy

Indeed, different styles of cooking exist based on individual differences and personal experiences, so, those are some of the reasons why
some of the Abuja kilishi that you had not taste good. You know what Mariangeles? Why don't you try making your own well-spiced kilishi since you like it. I'm sure there are recipes online that would give you deep insights into how to make it at less cost. Well it's gonna cost you some of your time to prepare but it's worth giving it a shot. I'll remind you down the road to know if you've tried it out.

So, just do it!

Ciao. wink

I've watched how kilishi is made on YouTube, and I don't think I'm ready for that challenge just yet. Especially how the meat are thinly sliced.
So for now, I'll just work on my own flavours. πŸ˜€

Thanks Mr Konquest. Happy Sunday to you. πŸ™‚

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by Glocal1: 5:02pm On May 19
Mariangeles:
What is that food you simply can't give up eating, no matter what they say about it?

Mine is kilishi. sad

Yeah, I've read all sorts about it, but I simply can't give up its sweet and spicy goodness. πŸ₯΅

What is yours?

Rice
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by NairalandGOAT1: 6:41pm On May 19
RoyalBlu:

I said fish pie bro cheesy

Bro no vex ooh..I never say triangle πŸ“ fish pie before na whyπŸ˜‚
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by paix(m): 7:08pm On May 19
I have disciplined myself not to get addicted to anything, that includes food.
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by breadplanets(f): 7:59pm On May 19
Mariangeles:

Mine is kilishi. sad

What is yours?

Ukwa...I need deliverance...if you add fresh corn kuku kee me🀣🀣🀣

1 Like

Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by Mariangeles(f): 8:31pm On May 19
breadplanets:

Ukwa...I need deliverance...if you add fresh corn kuku kee me🀣🀣🀣

Ukwa wuni premium food, so you have nothing to worry about. πŸ˜€

Nne, o teela m hukwara gi ebe a.
Although, sometimes I'm frequent here, and sometimes I don't feel like it.
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by RoyalBlu(f): 8:43pm On May 19
NairalandGOAT1:

Bro no vex ooh..I never say triangle πŸ“ fish pie before na whyπŸ˜‚

I be sis abeg ooo

People living in warri can relate. Emu bakery fish pie. πŸ˜‹. Since 2005 till date... Still my fave.

Samosas that just cropped up in these part of the world not quite long.
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by Dejjman(m): 8:58pm On May 19
Beans and plantains come rain, come sunshine. Anyway and everywhere.
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by Omeggie1(f): 10:16pm On May 19
Alright. Well noted with thanks.

10mobile:

I was trying to respond to the questionaire but realized it's only for people who CURRENTLY work in LAGOS-BASED organizations. Although the title already indicates so, I think you should give an overt instruction to that effect because of less circumspective people who might answer from outside Lagos, thereby giving a misleading outcome.

Also, based on the questions you asked, I think the more natural options should read something like:

A. Yes
B. No
C. Not sure

Refer to the sample on this screenshotπŸ‘‡below...

Good success!

1 Like

Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by EmmyNorse(m): 12:00am On May 20
Reeberry:
All na to over purge.
Not when it's properly cooked πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by NairalandGOAT1: 7:45am On May 20
RoyalBlu:

I be sis abeg ooo

People living in warri can relate. Emu bakery fish pie. πŸ˜‹. Since 2005 till date... Still my fave.

Samosas that just cropped up in these part of the world not quite long.

Oh ...You're a sis?
Pics or I don't believe you πŸ˜‚
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by Lordswazz(m): 9:21am On May 20
immortalcrown:
I have the habit of choosing food based on nutritional values, not based on taste or appearance. For this reason, I don't consume more than five bottles of carbonated drinks in a year. And I don't take alcohol.

If it is according to taste or appearance, I will eat noodles or Egusi soup every day. But I seriously avoid the two. I avoid Egusi because of oil and avoid noodles because it is not absolutely natural.

This habit of mine does not guarantee long life but can prevent or alleviate some health challenges.

Bro, abeg, which kind foods you come dey chop for this obodo naija we dey wey everything be like e carry one "not safe for consumption" ingredient? Help me navigate it because i'm also trying to eat according to a food's nutritional value but i'm short of ideas. Thanks man!
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by immortalcrown(m): 9:35am On May 20
Lordswazz:
Bro, abeg, which kind foods you come dey chop for this obodo naija we dey wey everything be like e carry one "not safe for consumption" ingredient? Help me navigate it because i'm also trying to eat according to a food's nutritional value but i'm short of ideas. Thanks man!
There may be no food that is absolutely healthy. But some, based on natural composition and or preparation method, are healthier than others.

For examples:
Rice and pasta are starchy foods but Rice is more natural. Egusi and Cocoyam are for soup but Cocoyam contains less or no cholesterol. Repeating Cocoyam soup might be considered boring but it is healthier than repeating Egusi soup. Fried meat may taste better but boiled or roasted one is healthier.

1 Like

Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by NEUDUDE: 11:21am On May 20
Dokunu with Fish. For some reason i can eat this Ghanian delicacy constantly for a year morning, afternoon and night and never get tired lol grin
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by Konquest: 3:45pm On May 20
Mariangeles:

I'm an adventurous person by nature.
I like exploring and trying new things. cheesy

I've watched how kilishi is made on YouTube, and I don't think I'm ready for that challenge just yet. Especially how the meat are thinly sliced.
So for now, I'll just work on my own flavours. πŸ˜€

Thanks Mr Konquest. Happy Sunday to you. πŸ™‚
Ah, that's mad cool... Traveling indeed liberates the mind and enables folks who are adventurous and ready for the challenges to embrace fresh cultural perspectives in life.

Second, I trust you... You don't ever waste time in acquiring knowledge from YT... cheesy Yes, I watched some YT videos on how it's traditionally made out of curiosity and it was demanding with reference to having to cut the meat into thin slices, and then sun-drying that mass of meat... but I also got a hint from a Website that the roasted kilishi tastes FAR better than the non-roasted kilishi.

It's better to use the modern method of NOT sun-drying the meat though... and I see unlimited possibilities for those who have the time on their hands to take the preparation away from the traditional method to the modern method of using an oven because of standard food hygiene issues. It's like Obalende Suya in London...The gentleman who started it back in the 1990s took suya grilling to another level. That's the kind of unlimited opportunity I'm talking about.

Yup! You're welcome dear and have a great week too. wink
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by anhd389: 4:16am On May 24
For me, it's a dish from Vietnam: canh cΓ  tΓ­m
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by breadplanets(f): 5:22pm On May 25
Mariangeles:

Ukwa wuni premium food, so you have nothing to worry about. πŸ˜€

Nne, o teela m hukwara gi ebe a.
Although, sometimes I'm frequent here, and sometimes I don't feel like it.

nne this place na agwu nmadu ike these days
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by Mariangeles(f): 6:25pm On May 25
breadplanets:
nne this place na agwu nmadu ike these days

Hahahahahaha

Owu eshiokwu.
Umu agbara ewereziala over ebe a. gringrin
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by breadplanets(f): 7:04am On May 26
Mariangeles:

Hahahahahaha

Owu eshiokwu.
Umu agbara ewereziala over ebe a. gringrin
🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by placeofallure(f): 9:38pm On May 30
Mariangeles:

Have you tried parboiling the beans before cooking?

Hey buddy! Thank you for the tip. I cooked beans yesterday the way you advised and I like it. Great results! Plenty e-hugs for you πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—

1 Like

Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by Mariangeles(f): 9:42pm On May 30
placeofallure:

Hey buddy! Thank you for the tip. I cooked beans yesterday the way you advised and I like it. Great results! Plenty e-hugs for you πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—

Wow! I'm super glad it worked. πŸ˜€

Here's to eating beans whenever you want. πŸ₯‚
πŸ«‚

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hunters Fight Over An Antelope Their Dog Caught (Video) / 6 Simple Foods Every Nigerian Women Must Know How To Make / Endangered Turtle Butchered By Residents In Lagos. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.