Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,734 members, 7,847,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 12:47 PM

The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) (30919 Views)

What Is One Food You Could Not Live Without? Why? / "I Will End Up Eating Myself To Death" - US Teenager / Name The Food You Hate, But Other People Like Eating It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by Unclefemolala(m): 8:10pm On May 18
Mine is plantain

2 Likes

Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by Konquest: 8:11pm On May 18
Mariangeles:

The pleasant smell of (frying) dodo never gets old. cheesy

Of course, I love Nigerian street food. cheesy

No, I've never lived in the North.
Someone who visited the North brought back some kilishi, and since then, I've won over by its taste.
Kudos to whoever put the flavour together.
Indeed, the pleasant smell of dodo NEVER gets out of style. cheesy

Oh, really? Ah... I get it now... Someone brought the kilishi back for you. I've tasted it back in the day too and it was made from well spiced sheep meat.

So, how do you get regular kilishi supplies to further "elevate your taste buds" to another esoteric level? Or do you get them directly from the Hausa folks in Lagos where I assume you're based?

1 Like

Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by Reeberry: 8:12pm On May 18
EmmyNorse:
I don't joke with beans and plantain, even if I wear suite oga, I go remove am basticate the food
All na to over purge.

1 Like

Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by porthouse7(f): 8:13pm On May 18
illicit:
Suya

Amala, Gbegiri and Ewedu

No matter what anyone says about Ewedu broom or the colour of Gbegiri....

πŸ₯΅
that the best food in the world, Amala is golden and divine

2 Likes

Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by Assurance12: 8:19pm On May 18
Me love the two o...
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by Dyfynezz12(m): 8:21pm On May 18
spencekat:
Now,I can go for a month with swallowing.
Omo,not me oh,if I stay two days with out taking swallow it will be as if I want to fall sick,in fact swallow its the only food I can take in the night if I want to sleep well

3 Likes

Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by jameel6: 8:23pm On May 18
You have self discipline, and the benefits is later, i wish i can be like you
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by spartachico(m): 8:23pm On May 18
Well cooked beans
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by AreaFada2: 8:25pm On May 18
Black soup (bitter leaf, pumpkin, scented leaf).
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by Mariangeles(f): 8:27pm On May 18
Konquest:

Indeed, the pleasant smell of dodo NEVER gets out of style. cheesy

Did you know that putting slices of onions in the oil while frying the dodo, takes the aroma and taste to a whole new level? cheesy
Then if you want to take it a notch higher, add chopped up scotch bonnet pepper.
But you have to take them out of the oil before they get completely burnt.
You just want them to give their flavour to the plantains.

Oh, really? Ah... I get it now... Someone brought the kilishi back for you. I've tasted it back in the day too and it was made from well spiced sheep meat.

Balangu is what they call sheep meat, right?

So, how do you get regular kilishi supplies to further "elevate your taste buds" to another esoteric level? Or do you get them directly from the Hausa folks in Lagos where I assume you're based?

Usually when someone's coming from the North. Especially Abuja.
Not all kilishi I've had tasted good though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by Silentgroper(m): 8:28pm On May 18
Bread and akara stained with yayi
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by SweetDipBenny(m): 8:29pm On May 18
I can't give up rice, chicken or beef(meat) but i can give up fish tho
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by Moniya4Real(m): 8:34pm On May 18
Well said, but that doesn’t automatically guarantee longevity. i drink an average of 4 cocke in a week and i will live healthily till i see christ .

immortalcrown:
I have the habit of choosing food based on nutritional values, not based on taste or appearance. For this reason, I don't consume more than five bottles of carbonated drinks in a year. And I don't take alcohol.

If it is according to taste or appearance, I will eat noodles or Egusi soup every day. But I seriously avoid the two. I avoid Egusi because of oil and avoid noodles because it is not absolutely natural.
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by MaziX(m): 8:36pm On May 18
Cat fish cheesy Even if u five me mammy water.. I go chop am..
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by Jovibanks: 8:37pm On May 18
Banga soup and starch
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by Moniya4Real(m): 8:37pm On May 18
Not necessarily in order of listing; 1. Rice , Amala and ewedu,3. ewa-agoin and plantain- give me only these three and i am good for life.

1 Like

Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by Mariangeles(f): 8:40pm On May 18
Ericmaestrooffi:

Like 2 or 3, people in my office complain I take too much coke

I get that it's very refreshing, but try to reduce it to at least one bottle per day.
You can take cold water as a substitute.

1 Like

Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by placeofallure(f): 8:40pm On May 18
Zico4real:
Beans and plantain

That's my best food. I can eat beans 5 times in a day. Even when there was a rife rumour about killer beans, I'd hide away from my mum and eat beans. But now as I get older, my stomach is not friends with beans anymore. I had to be extremely careful about how and when I eat it. So painful πŸ˜–πŸ˜–

1 Like

Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by chopnaira: 8:41pm On May 18
OfeAchi:
French fries dipped in plenty of ketchup. Even if this meal is in the middle of a warzone, I'll go and get it!
Ewwh
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by Mariangeles(f): 8:41pm On May 18
Johnson225:

Boss. Wetin be that bread name? It appears tasty

It's banana bread. Very tasty.

1 Like

Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by Mariangeles(f): 8:43pm On May 18
placeofallure:

That's my best food. I can eat beans 5 times in a day. Even when there was a rife rumour about killer beans, I'd hide away from my mum and eat beans. But now as I get older, my stomach is not friends with beans anymore. I had to be extremely careful about how and when I eat it. So painful πŸ˜–πŸ˜–

Have you tried parboiling the beans before cooking?

1 Like

Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by placeofallure(f): 8:43pm On May 18
Mariangeles:

Have you tried parboiling the beans before cooking?

No. What will that do for me? I'm interested.

2 Likes

Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by Mariangeles(f): 8:46pm On May 18
placeofallure:

No. What will that do for me? I'm interested.

It might be the solution to the stomach upset.
Try it.

We don't ever cook beans without parboiling.

It might not be your stomach, but what's in the beans.

1 Like

Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by placeofallure(f): 8:47pm On May 18
Mariangeles:

It might be the solution to the stomach upset.
Try it.

We don't ever cook beans without parboiling.

It might not be your stomach, but what's in the beans.

Alright. Thanks a bunch. I'll try it.

2 Likes

Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by udomonday: 8:49pm On May 18
I have a soft spot for groundnuts,and porridge beans.I just cant resist them.

1 Like

Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by Mariangeles(f): 8:50pm On May 18
placeofallure:

Alright. Thanks a bunch.
I'll try it.

You're welcome.

Let me know it goes when you do. πŸ™‚
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by Jflex07(m): 8:50pm On May 18
illicit:
Suya

Amala, Gbegiri and Ewedu

No matter what anyone says about Ewedu broom or the colour of Gbegiri....

πŸ₯΅
Only if you be Yoruba man. If you no be Yoruba man,you no fit eat that ewedu enjoy am
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by Jflex07(m): 8:51pm On May 18
immortalcrown:
I have the habit of choosing food based on nutritional values, not based on taste or appearance. For this reason, I don't consume more than five bottles of carbonated drinks in a year. And I don't take alcohol.

If it is according to taste or appearance, I will eat noodles or Egusi soup every day. But I seriously avoid the two. I avoid Egusi because of oil and avoid noodles because it is not absolutely natural.

This habit of mine does not guarantee long life but can prevent or alleviate some health challenges.
Ogbeni, when time reach,you go still die. You no better pass those ppl wey dey eat the aforementioned.
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by IAmHim1: 8:53pm On May 18
Yes ooo

I keep telling people.
The stomach doesn't taste. If not vomit would be Soo sweet
https://www.nairaland.com/8060180/stomach-doesnt-taste-not-vomit

Enjoyyyyyyy grin

immortalcrown:

This habit of mine does not guarantee long life but can prevent or alleviate some health challenges.
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by Love800(m): 8:53pm On May 18
What is samosa?
flakkybakky:
samosa
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by placeofallure(f): 8:54pm On May 18
Mariangeles:

You're welcome.

Let me know it goes when you do. πŸ™‚

Sure. I'll let you.
Re: The Food You Can't Give Up Eating. (pictures) by quadraheem(m): 8:56pm On May 18
Fried plantain

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Much will You Buy This Kpomo In Your Area? / Your Special Recipe For Your Jollof Rice! / Hunters Fight Over An Antelope Their Dog Caught (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.