Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,672 members, 7,847,746 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 06:31 AM

Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy (30371 Views)

I'll Make Tinubu Envoy, Obi Trade Minister If I Become President - Prof Imumolen / CAN Members Against Muslim-muslim Ticket Make Tinubu’s List / Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Is Depressed Get Him His Pills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by Bobloco: 7:16pm On May 18

A former Media Aide to ex-President Muhammadu Buhari, Lauretta Onochie, on Saturday prayed that former Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar should step down for his Labour Party counterpart, Peter Obi, in 2027.

Onochie said Atiku stepping down for Obi would make President Bola Tinubu’s reelection easier.

Posting on X, Onochie wrote: “Our Father and our God. Yes, it’s me, your son. I pray that Atiku steps down for Obi, so that 2027 would be an easy job for APC re-election

“You know I never ask you for anything because you are a responsible father who provides for me, always. Thank you for answered prayer.”

Atiku recently said he would not hesitate to support Obi in the next election if the party picks the former Anambra governor.

DAILY POST recalls that Obi and Atiku recently met behind closed doors, sparking speculations about a merger of some opposition political parties ahead of the 2027 general elections.

Confirming the move by opposition parties to align in a bid to unseat the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, in the 2027 election, Atiku said, “We can merge to achieve a common goal. So, it’s possible and nothing can stop it if we so wish to achieve that.”

Atiku said if the new “party decides that it’s the turn of the South-East and Peter Obi is chosen, I won’t hesitate to support him”.

“I have said repeatedly and I even said it before the 2023 general elections that if PDP decides to zone the presidential ticket to the South or South-East specifically, I won’t contest it.”

https://dailypost.ng/2024/05/18/2027-atiku-stepping-down-for-peter-obill-make-tinubus-reelection-easy-lauretta-onochie/

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by LordIsaac(m): 7:18pm On May 18
grin If someone defeated a sitting Vice President, Senate President, current senators, ministers, party chairman, amongst others while holding no position himself, I wonder how he would be removed from office now that he has all the powers to maneuver the Nigerian political space! To even think otherwise would be tantamount to having a willful ignorance and a strong delusion.

120 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by Feintline: 7:21pm On May 18
The HBP this news has caused is so loud gan.
The grab and run with community are running crazy.
They know PO won the 2023 election on his own despite running on structureless party.

What is really crazy is the fact that tinubu community is talking about 2027.
I dont know or understand what is in the brain of these people.
The nation is in total shambles and collaspe. Tinubu has ragmastass the whole nation.
People who claim to be normal are here talking about 2027.
Will Nigeria of today survive still 2027?

369 Likes 47 Shares

Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by Babaken(m): 7:28pm On May 18
Feintline:
The HBP this news has caused is so loud gan.
Is even louder than Canadian loud.

224 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by PresidObi: 7:29pm On May 18
Panic everywhere

If they are not frightened, they would have kept quiet.

292 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by Ofunaofu: 7:31pm On May 18
Since Atiku made that statement, APC have been in panic mode
Why?

300 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by Elusive001: 7:36pm On May 18
Bobloco:
2027: Atiku stepping down for Peter Obi’ll make Tinubu’s reelection easy – Lauretta Onochie

Posting on X, Onochie wrote: “Our Father and our God. Yes, it’s me, your son. I pray that Atiku steps down for Obi, so that 2027 would be an easy job for APC re-election

https://dailypost.ng/2024/05/18/2027-atiku-stepping-down-for-peter-obill-make-tinubus-reelection-easy-lauretta-onochie/

What other proof do you people need?

When we say that to be an APC plus Tinubu supporter, one must be brainless and shameless naturally, una think say we dey play.

Can you imagine a woman calling herself a "Son"?

Hmmmmmm

Chief Zebrudayah Okorigwe Nwaogbo.
Alias 4:30
The Palm-wine powerless!!

226 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by jmoore(m): 7:45pm On May 18
Lauretta is now a son? The Ebola supporter doesn't know her gender again. Sign of mental fracture.

245 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by azadus18: 7:46pm On May 18
Everyone knows ..it wud be an easy ride for Tinubu ..if Obi is the only Big opposition on ballot in the 2027 election

33 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 7:47pm On May 18
[b][/b]

1 Like

Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by seunmsg(m): 7:48pm On May 18
PresidObi:
Panic everywhere

If they are not frightened, they would have kept quiet.

Explain to me how this news will make anybody panic? As in, a straight up incumbent Tinubu vs Peter Obi is what will cause panic? It will be the biggest political mismatch in Nigeria since 1993. It won’t even be a contest.

Btw, you guys are celebrating out of ignorance and it’s so laughable. It’s a shame you guys can’t read Atiku’s interview and understand perfectly. If you guys can’t learn from what played out between Atiku, Wike and Tambuwal at the last PDP presidential convention, then you can’t learn Nigeria’s politics again.

To be clear, a desperado like Atiku is definitely not going to support Peter Obi. Both Atiku and Obi knows this. He simply want Obi as his running mate. Atiku will contest for president and not back your Obi. Know this and know peace.

178 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by CodeTemplar: 7:51pm On May 18
Atiku wont. He is just baiting Obi to come back into the PDP fold before using his influence to quash any SE presidency aspiration within the party. That will weaken the LP influence and boost his chance.

The old man has ended the failed party.

40 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by Gossiphub: 7:51pm On May 18
seunmsg:

Explain to me how this news will make anybody panic? As in, a straight up incumbent Tinubu vs Peter Obi is what will cause panic? It will be the biggest political mismatch in Nigeria since 1993. It won’t even be a contest.

Incumbent failure Tinubu. Fixed

However, nobody throws stone at an unripe fruit.

Let me break it further

Why is APC on heat period on what hasn't metamorphosed?

74 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by jmoore(m): 8:00pm On May 18
CodeTemplar:
Atiku wont. He is just baiting Obi to come back into the PDP fold before using his influence to quash any SE presidency aspiration within the party. That will weaken the LP influence and boost his chance.

Una go open mouth waaa with funny analysis.

Let me give you a clue. Southeast people, not southeast politicians have rejected PDP for not zoning the ticket to southeast.

If Peter Obi decides not to contest, there will be a major boycott in the southeast region in the presidential election.

46 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by Obiedun(m): 8:08pm On May 18
Both obi and atiku are bad losers

122 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by Tflex01: 8:12pm On May 18
Lol many people commenting did not read that Atiku's interview with understanding.

Atiku simply said he will support Obi if he wins the candidacy of the merger they want to form.

The question is, will Atiku allow Obi win the ticket?

cool

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by Antivirus92(m): 8:12pm On May 18
Emotional blackmail for kids grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by emkz: 8:12pm On May 18
Even though I don't support Obi, I see this plot as an attempt to use Obi by squeezing his base.

How?

PDP is unlikely to zone the ticket to the southeast. Who will plead the case and on what basis? PDP currently has only 1 governor in the southeast in Peter Mbah, Enugu state. So tell me the southeast politician who'd promote the idea. Adolphus Wabara? Ben Obi? Okwesilezie Nwodo? John Nwodo? Anyim Pius Anyim?

Please tell me who'd promote it.

The best thing Atiku would have said for me to trust his intentions is to say he'd work for the ticket to be zoned to the southeast. Atiku didn't say that. Do you expect Bala Mohammed or Bukola Saraki to support zoning it to the southeast?

Peter Obi is in labour and it has a fair national spread. All Atiku needs is to bring his northern votes. Peter Obi won two geopolitical zones. Atiku won one. Merge those three and fringe votes from the northwest and christian votes from the middle-belt if he has a strong politician from the north as running mate. That is the only calculation.

Will politicians with selfish ambitions allow it? Even if PDP zones it to the southeast, will core Igbo politicians support Obi?

Forget PDP zoning that ticket to the southeast with hawks like Atiku still having ambitions.

My advise to Peter Obi: you won the southsouth and south-east and was competitive in the north-central. Tinubu won the southwest, northwest and northcentral and was competitive in the northeast. The north contributed the bulk of votes that gave Tinubu the presidency***. How can you pluck those votes?

***Tinubu got 5,598,686 (63.5%) of his votes from the north. He got 3,206,734 (36.5%) from the south. So whoever wants to unseat Tinubu needs to tackle him in the north. Which southerner can accomplish that?

131 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by lwisee: 8:19pm On May 18
How?
Nothing is sure for Tinubu.
His younger brother Sanqo-Olu has made me hate APC the more.Let them just continue with their nonsense, they will be shocked the way even Lagosians will reject them.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by magoo10(m): 8:20pm On May 18
If tinubu had something tangible to offer we would not be discussing this just one year into a new government.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by LexngtonSteele: 8:20pm On May 18
cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:24pm On May 18
Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by lwisee: 8:24pm On May 18
magoo10:
If tinubu had something tangible to offer we would not be discussing this just one year into a new government.

Exactly
He disappointed everyone of us that voted him

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by Femich18(m): 8:24pm On May 18
Just 1 year into Emilokan tenure and everyone is already discussing an event that will happen in 2027 already shows Emilokan performance is below par.
Emilokan scorecard is nothing to write home about

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by Kobicove(m): 8:24pm On May 18
Giving the PDP presidential ticket to Obi is the best decision the PDP can make.

This mischievous lady is merely trying to sell a Red Herring to the public undecided

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by Honestey: 8:25pm On May 18
And Obi stepping down for Atiku will strengthen Tinubu reelection chance. However both dividing against each other will weaken both of them once again.
We are definitely trapped in renew hope agenda till further notice in 2031. Meanwhile, let's wailing continue to prevail till then.

11 Likes

Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by wwwkaycom(m): 8:25pm On May 18
Honestly, it will automatic lock down for Asiwaju in Sokoto, Zamfara, Katsina, Kano, Jigawa and Kebbi in the NorthWest. Obi will do well in Kaduna but will not win outright. In the NorthEast, Asiwaju will win big in Borno, Yobe, Bauchi and Gombe. He will battle Obi in Adamawa and Taraba where Obi may win with a little margin. North central will go the way of Asiwaju in Niger, Kwara and Kogi while Obi will have marginal win in Benue, Plateau and Nasarawa. Mark my words, Obi will not win in any state in the Southwest in 2027, not even in Lagos, go and write this down. I know Asiwaju and APC will really pray that Atiku actually step down for Obi.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by Taiwojon(m): 8:25pm On May 18
Lies
Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by Ofunaofu: 8:25pm On May 18
azadus18:
Everyone knows ..it wud be an easy ride for Tinubu ..if Obi is the only Big opposition on ballot in the 2027 election

Of course it will be Tinubu's easy ride to a monumental and catastrophic defeat

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by SouthSouth1914: 8:25pm On May 18
She finally had a voice! Drunken Lauretta

5 Likes

Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by Klington: 8:25pm On May 18
Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by Blaze14k: 8:26pm On May 18
CodeTemplar:

Una get time oo

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates / Buhari Receives Senators From South- East, Led By Ekweremadu (photos) / I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.