Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,718 members, 7,847,894 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 10:21 AM

Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy (30374 Views)

I'll Make Tinubu Envoy, Obi Trade Minister If I Become President - Prof Imumolen / CAN Members Against Muslim-muslim Ticket Make Tinubu’s List / Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Is Depressed Get Him His Pills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by jamafa: 6:34am On May 19
Kobicove:
Giving the PDP presidential ticket to Obi is the best decision the PDP can make.

This mischievous lady is merely trying to sell a Red Herring to the public undecided

But, Obi said PDP is not a good party. Why contesting under PDP platform again??

Is like Obi himself dont know what he want
Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by khattab02: 6:35am On May 19
Aunty things have to change oo.. not this Renewed hope of sufferings ooo.

Your Emilokan uncle have been on free fall of failure since assuming office oo.. Even Bubu with or without certificate no fail like this.

Do the needful before u start analysing political votes.
Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by papyjaypaul: 6:51am On May 19
membranus:
All of you arguing are overlooking one glaring glitch in the merger talk. Will the matadors in PDP allow their party to merge with LP?

Will Wike support this, or Seyi Makinde or any other PDP chief politicians from the North?

Are not many PDP chieftains nurturing presidential ambition too in 2027, even if it is just to show face? Therefore will they shelve their own ambition and allow Obi to be their candidate?

So to me, this PDP/LP merger is dead on arrival.

That's where YOU miss it too. There's nothing Governors will do again that will come as a surprise. We have all seen what g5 did and what was the result? Wike being a boy boy to Tinubu. They need him for the next election. We are missing the point that Obi performed well without the might of the governors. Governors always want to determine everything but they had no influence in Obi's popularity and they knew this. We are gradually getting to a state where parties must now be stronger than the men because Nigerians see there's no difference in the parties. The last election also taught them that independent candidates can be strong if people like him which is what Obi did. If he goes to ZLP, they see what he can do even if he does does not win. That is the same thing Kwankanso did. Why not support a popular candidate the people like instead of forcing ourselves on them? These people just want access to power more than anything. It's not really the love of the people in their analysis.

Again, people say Tinubu defeated Buhari, Osinbajo amd everyone with power but they expect that he will or he can also not be defeated because he is an incumbent People got tired of PDP in 2015 and APC marketing caught onto that and people chose Buhari despite his record as a military ruler and he entered. APC may likely be in that same scenario in 2027 because what more can they prove after 12 yearsSee finish will enter. Again, it doesn't matter if Obi lost before..Buhari won the 4th time after the merger against a sitting President who spent 1 term in office. Don't forget that Goodluck was also seen as stealing Yar Adua's turn of the North so the emotional blackmail was much.

Tinubu is not god and he is not invisible..When he tried going against Fashola in 2007, he heard voices. By 2027, alliances in Lagos will be moving to another Lagos governor. While Tinubu fights for another term, things are shaping up in Lagos. He doesn't have Rivers yet, Kano is loud. He has a lot of enemies who still want to repay him. He can't totally rely on the so-called North and each group wants a share of the power. All politicians are selfish. If the North gathers behind Obi, it's because they want someone who will lay the ground and do the work for them. There are also alliances to change who leads from the North and the way Buhari wanted a successor, some people already want to prevent Tinubu from having that power. All are after their selfish desires.

1 Like

Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by samijet: 6:51am On May 19
gassbee:
where were you when GEJ a sitting president was booted out

Jonathan was booted out by Buhari from the North. No southern candidate can defeat Tinubu in 2027. You people should accept reality for once and learn how to differentiate between politics and governance. Nigeria politics is not for fantasy people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by Bone147: 7:42am On May 19
Why having sleepless night nah. ASHAWO DELTA
Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by Successlane: 8:01am On May 19
....... President BAT will not have the need to campaign in the Muslim dominated core-North again, 'cos it will be a waste of money and times.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by emmi14: 8:27am On May 19
seunmsg:

Explain to me how this news will make anybody panic? As in, a straight up incumbent Tinubu vs Peter Obi is what will cause panic? It will be the biggest political mismatch in Nigeria since 1993. It won’t even be a contest.

Btw, you guys are celebrating out of ignorance and it’s so laughable. It’s a shame you guys can’t read Atiku’s interview and understand perfectly. If you guys can’t learn from what played out between Atiku, Wike and Tambuwal at the last PDP presidential convention, then you can’t learn Nigeria’s politics again.

To be clear, a desperado like Atiku is definitely not going to support Peter Obi. Both Atiku and Obi knows this. He simply want Obi as his running mate. Atiku will contest for president and not back your Obi. Know this and know peace.
What if he supports Obi's candidature? Am still suprise that a normal person can still give Tinubu his support
Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by lebienconnu: 8:31am On May 19
Tflex01:
Lol many people commenting did not read that Atiku's interview with understanding.

Atiku simply said he will support Obi if he wins the candidacy of the merger they want to form.

The question is, will Atiku allow Obi win the ticket?

cool

It takes someone with analytical mind to deduce that.

I think Peter Obi is being tricked. If the “new party” really wants him to have the ticket then Atiku or whoever Atiku supports should not contest the ticket with him.
Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by lwisee: 8:34am On May 19
Elusive001:

Are you serious that you voted for Tinubu?

If yes, what were your reasons?

That's my decision and it's nobody's business.
Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by victorVIC1(m): 8:58am On May 19
Reversed psychology. Let's see how it plays out. I hope people already learn their lesson this time around
Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by CursedOsuPigs: 9:01am On May 19
Feintline:
The HBP this news has caused is so loud gan.
The grab and run with community are running crazy.
They know PO won the 2023 election on his own despite running on structureless party.

What is really crazy is the fact that tinubu community is talking about 2027.
I dont know or understand what is in the brain of these people.
The nation is in total shambles and collaspe. Tinubu has ragmastass the whole nation.
People who claim to be normal are here talking about 2027.
Will Nigeria of today survive still 2027?

Yes, Nigeria of today will survive beyond 2027. We know it is the wish of the children of hate for Nigeria to disintegrate just like their fore fathers did in 1965. But Nigeria has survived their evil machinations and will continue to survive.

The Obidient followers of Bitter Obi like you can continue to lament and gnash their teeth...their lord and saviour will be crucified again in 2027.
Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by huptin(m): 9:40am On May 19
seunmsg:

Explain to me how this news will make anybody panic? As in, a straight up incumbent Tinubu vs Peter Obi is what will cause panic? It will be the biggest political mismatch in Nigeria since 1993. It won’t even be a contest.

Btw, you guys are celebrating out of ignorance and it’s so laughable. It’s a shame you guys can’t read Atiku’s interview and understand perfectly. If you guys can’t learn from what played out between Atiku, Wike and Tambuwal at the last PDP presidential convention, then you can’t learn Nigeria’s politics again.

To be clear, a desperado like Atiku is definitely not going to support Peter Obi. Both Atiku and Obi knows this. He simply want Obi as his running mate. Atiku will contest for president and not back your Obi. Know this and know peace.

Don't argue with them oga...they will never learn. Let them enjoy their days in the sun. How on earth anybody can ever imagine that Obi will defeat a sitting Tinubu is what I can ever fathom.

But I have come to understand these people :self delusion is their opium.
Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by Magnumproperty: 9:54am On May 19
jayce232:

Did Tinubu lose Lagos in the last election or not? Don't u people have brain at all...Who is talking about analysis? Someone lost election when people were yet to rate his performance, now that his performance is below average by setting the nation on untold hardship & suffering, is it now he will win the election in Lagos??
Dey play..... Who won Lagos state governorship election? And who eventually won the presidential election?
Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by fortune1968: 10:02am On May 19
This is a right observation.The dispositions and undiplomatic attitude of the Ig*os to the Nort* will make it difficult for Obi to convince them for votes .This will make it easy for Tinubu to win again .
Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by seunmsg(m): 10:09am On May 19
emmi14:

What if he supports Obi's candidature? Am still suprise that a normal person can still give Tinubu his support

So if you’re a northerner, you will support a Peter Obi to extend southern rule till 2035 or back Tinubu to ensure power returns to the north in 2031? You think Atiku has the influence to convince northerners to vote for anyone?

You guys don’t understand that those that voted for Atiku in 2023 are simply northerners who want power to remain in the north. They are not Atiku loyalist but northern irredentist who want to hold on to power forever. If Atiku is not on the ballot, they will vote for another northerner with a good chance and if there is none, they will vote Tinubu so that a northerner can takeover in 2031.

Atiku backing Peter Obi won’t have any significant impact on Peter Obi’s chances. In fact, it will make Tinubu’s reelection an easy ride. Atiku knows this so he won’t step down for Peter Obi.

1 Like

Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by slivertongue: 10:13am On May 19
[quote author=emkz post=130021234] Its a concluded matter. Atiku &Obi wil run. obi &his OBIDENTS have proven their worth
Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by Madups(m): 10:24am On May 19
CodeTemplar:
Atiku wont. He is just baiting Obi to come back into the PDP fold before using his influence to quash any SE presidency aspiration within the party. That will weaken the LP influence and boost his chance.

The old man has ended the failed party.
can you read out what you just wrote.. I mean read it out to yourself? I wonder the 30 plus users that liked the comment. Wait a second.. how many nairaland account do you have?
Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by slivertongue: 10:32am On May 19
[quote author=lebienconnu post=130026909]Obi made an offer &Atiku accepted it. Atiku is only playing d public. Atiku/Obi
Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by CodeTemplar: 10:33am On May 19
Madups:
can you read out what you just wrote.. I mean read it out to yourself? I wonder the 30 plus users that liked the comment. Wait a second.. how many nairaland account do you have?
mumu ipob. Readometre, be reading it with partisan brain, you hear?
Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by Madups(m): 10:57am On May 19
Its actually less than a year
magoo10:
If tinubu had something tangible to offer we would not be discussing this just one year into a new government.
Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by slivertongue: 11:02am On May 19
Be calming down. Atiku wil lead d charge, maybe nt in PDP. Only a post Buhari improved ecomony can give APC 35% hope
Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by RushManni: 11:14am On May 19
LordIsaac:

Stop living in fantasy; I’m only stating the facts.

Mumu facts. Imagine a criminal raping someone close to you, and instead of fighting off the criminal or at least be condemning his act, instead you chose to be telling that your close person how she'll be impregnated by the criminal who is currently on her.
Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by cliqtips: 11:15am On May 19
All I see is reverse psychology from APC.
They're afraid and they know what would happen
Feintline:
They know PO won the 2023 election on his own despite running on structureless party.

The nation is in total shambles and collaspe. Tinubu has ragmastass the whole nation.

Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by Madups(m): 11:15am On May 19
Obiedun:
Both obi and atiku are bad losers
So Obi and Atiku should have thrown a party after failing to emerge from probably the worst election since independence? The way you guys reason ehn.. I again 130 plus likes.. The kind of poeple on here..
Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by Madups(m): 11:18am On May 19
CodeTemplar:
mumu ipob. Readometre, be reading it with partisan brain, you hear?
you call me ipob.. That na complement o.. After all i be terorist wey nor body fit challenge.. Anu ohia.
Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by Coronavirus1: 11:19am On May 19
LordIsaac:
grin If someone defeated a sitting Vice President, Senate President, current senators, ministers, party chairman, amongst others while holding no position himself, I wonder how he would be removed from office now that he has all the powers to maneuver the Nigerian political space! To even think otherwise would be tantamount to having a willful ignorance and a strong delusion.
Goodluck Jonathan has all the power but when the people feed up rigging is impossible rigging will be meant with resistance
Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by tareigns(m): 11:27am On May 19
LordIsaac:
grin If someone defeated a sitting Vice President, Senate President, current senators, ministers, party chairman, amongst others while holding no position himself, I wonder how he would be removed from office now that he has all the powers to maneuver the Nigerian political space! To even think otherwise would be tantamount to having a willful ignorance and a strong delusion.

A wise one you are

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by tareigns(m): 11:31am On May 19
Feintline:

Watch it survive more than that. You people don't even understand what is happening. After tinubu, your next president is a northerner. Jonathan bleeped up. Just Pray your God makes you break into that circle.
Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by HeadlessMob: 11:49am On May 19
Anyone that thinks the North will vote for Obi in 2027 must be the most foolish creature the world has ever known. Do you think the North will be willing to vote for someone that will take them out of power for more than 8 years. Please have your brain examined
Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by HeadlessMob: 11:52am On May 19
No matter how bad Tinubu performs, the North will prefer to bear him for another 4 years rather than being out of power for more than 8 years
Re: Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Stepping Down For Obi Will Make Tinubu’s Reelection Easy by freeborn02: 11:55am On May 19
azadus18:
Everyone knows ..it wud be an easy ride for Tinubu ..if Obi is the only Big opposition on ballot in the 2027 election

When idiots want to make their senseless comments, they start with "everyone knows". Cursed people everywhere

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

FG Loses N34bn Fraud Case Against Tompolo’s Firm, Others / Funny Responses As Wike Endorses Sanwo-Olu For Second Term / Man In Court For Trespassing On Obasanjo’s Land In Ota, Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.