Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,827 members, 7,862,723 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 02:07 AM

Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend (32273 Views)

Can A Peugeot 307 Work As An Uber Car? / Volkswagen And Ford Form Global Alliance To Make Pickups, Evs And Vans / Which Car Consumes More Fuel Between Kia Rio And Toyota Corolla (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by 1Alex: 9:58am On May 25
isabellairab:
yh dey have leg issues expecially old models
it is lie. Only accord up to 2007 model has that issue.

2 Likes

Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by Hybrid600: 9:59am On May 25
Avoid 03 models. They're as sick as the 2001 model civics..

Tohmey:

2003 model, it comes in saloon and in hatchback.
Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by waynetee(m): 10:00am On May 25
Peugeot is better

2 Likes

Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by 1Alex: 10:01am On May 25
TTPAAR:
All these Kia and Ford ....

Na mechanic go be ur boyfriend now n ever!
kia Rio especially this model posted here is almost as rugged as Toyota corolla
Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by otunbakolawole(m): 10:03am On May 25
Would have picked the 206, but lagos mechanics no understand Peugeot, hence go for the Rio.
Xenob:
Hi guys, i am about to get my first car.

Something small that can move me around lagos, with a budget of 2m to 2.5m max.

From my research it seems d best options for this price range are -:

Peugeot 206
Ford Focus
Kia Rio.

I particularly have a preference for hatchback cars.

Which will you advice me to go for? Thanks.
Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by 1Alex: 10:04am On May 25
weyreypey:

You must be very short.
this statement means you have not even entered inside a 206. The 206 is more roomy than Mercedes VBoot. I am not exaggerating.

3 Likes

Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by rockog: 10:04am On May 25
Which vehicle accident is not always fatal if you are not safety conscious.
Buy Toyota Corolla Okere ju Owo elo.
You will never regret any bit of it
weyreypey:

A 206 accident is always fatal.
Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by Triplerg: 10:05am On May 25
Buy Peugeot 206. It's very fuel efficient

1 Like

Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by Mandate1: 10:05am On May 25
Elegantspiker:
You don't buy cars to get involved in accidents with them.

Some people will say, "I like the car but it's not strong in case of impact." Bros, are you buying to get it crashed?
100% applause. Surviving a crash is God, not human effort.

2 Likes

Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by Malawian(m): 10:06am On May 25
Saloon Cars dey give me HBP if i enter am for highway.
Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by SEGLIZ: 10:06am On May 25
weyreypey:

All eventualities must be planned for? Or why would I leave a civic to travel with the sequoia?

A colleague is paralysed at the moment because his car couldn't take the impact of a lone accident.
sorry for his condition, still blame him for being reckless. vehicle ain't reckless but human's are.

rockog:
thanks for the bolded lines. the bros just like honda civic.

2 Likes

Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by weslay: 10:09am On May 25
Xenob:

I like Honda too, but my friends keep mentioning Honda’s Leg issues.

That issue doesn't affect Civic. Also, they have bulletproof engines, are fuel efficient and the parts are inexpensive.
Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by BarrElChapo(m): 10:09am On May 25
Lonelybrian:
I don use Kia Rio and civic before, pls go for Kia Rio, it’s fuel consumption is extremely low and it rarely gets faulty but civic pls the leg issue is the problem, Honda’s ball joints are not strong enough. It’s all Honda, you have to change them to tokunbo ball joint and it’s very expensive.

You have to change an original to Tokunbo ? Who produces the Tokunbo 🤔?
Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by Franking: 10:09am On May 25
Focus on Ford Focus.......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by adeblow(m): 10:10am On May 25
I've owned Peugeot 206 and Kia Rio. This one in the picture. The Peugeot 206 is stronger, trust me
Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by Mandate1: 10:11am On May 25
Malawian:
Saloon Cars dey give me HBP if i enter am for highway.
80% of all private cars in Nigeria are Saloon cars. This is even world over.
Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by Mandate1: 10:13am On May 25
BarrElChapo:

You have to change an original to Tokunbo ? Who produces the Tokunbo 🤔?
hahaha. But the tokunbo might be for another car that's compatible.
Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by BarrElChapo(m): 10:13am On May 25
rockog:

Which year him go buy with him 2-2.5m budget?
Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by olisaEze(m): 10:14am On May 25
Go for the Ford Focus. In terms of durability, fuel economy and low cost maintenance, it beats the other two options by a wide margin!

2 Likes

Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by Mandate1: 10:14am On May 25
Xenob:

Peugeot 206
Ford Focus
Kia Rio.

I think KIA brand is underrated, dey will hardly stress you.

1 Like

Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by Appletek: 10:16am On May 25
Calitoscassius:
If it is not an SUV i am not buying it. SUVs are the best for Naijarians rubbish roads.

After driving a Murano SUV, SUV Benz 320, LeXus RX 300 and Honda Element, i will never drive any vehicle that isn't an SUV or "Jeep" as you Naijarians call them

Your problem is that you are talking from the angle of deprivation. You are driving an old Murano and Rx300, and you're making noise. Bad roads have made this one sakivate over the prospects of driving towing vans. grin

3 Likes

Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by Obaranje: 10:17am On May 25
weyreypey:

A 206 accident is always fatal.
you dey plan to go get accident?

Then I recommend CAT caterpillar for you. 100% accident resistance, since na accident you want dey get

9 Likes

Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by 1Alex: 10:21am On May 25
99thEnemy:

WTF?

Honda!!!? shocked
what is wrong with Honda?

1 Like

Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by Dhejy7: 10:22am On May 25
The most important thing when getting a car is getting one that has not been abused. Regardless of make or model if you buy an abused car, your mechanic would be your best friend and you'd end up selling it after spending so much on it.

Find a good and trustworthy mechanic (you can also get one from nairaland) who is not also out to scam you to perform a comprehensive check before you buy any vehicle

All car listed have their own individual problems
Peugeot 206 - automatic transmission problems and scarce mechanics, this is a serious pain
Kia Rio - Will serve you great if you are lucky to get a good one, but most around the price range within your budget, their engine is on the last lap. I will stay away from Nigerian used Kia with over 100,000km mileage
Ford focus: Don't know much about Ford's but for me I will avoid a Nigerian used Ford as a newbie
Honda civic: Great car with cheap parts and very rugged, but once abused car is gone (engine and gear) so must buy from someone who used recommended fluids for it and maintained it well if you considering it

I recommend the Honda civic 04-05 though but must not have been abused

1 Like

Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by Tlyon1: 10:23am On May 25
Xenob:

Peugeot 206
Ford Focus
Kia Rio.

Peugeot 206 save fuel
Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by Box34: 10:23am On May 25
The best car 🚗 there to me is Ford focus, I have used one ruggedly since 2014 till now. The only thing is, try to FIx or replace what spiol with the original.

Ford focus please

2 Likes

Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by FILEBE(m): 10:33am On May 25
Calitoscassius:
If it is not an SUV i am not buying it. SUVs are the best for Naijarians rubbish roads.

After driving a Murano SUV, SUV Benz 320, LeXus RX 300 and Honda Element, i will never drive any vehicle that isn't an SUV or "Jeep" as you Naijarians call them

Would love your insights on these cars you have used. Pros and cons etc.
Thanks boss
Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by GorillaApp(m): 10:35am On May 25
weyreypey:
Honda Civic.
Op you see this suggestion? Carry am for head like gala.
Get a 2004-2005 civic if you can.

Peugeot? You would need a manual transmission. Electrical issues might be an issue.

Kia? I wouldn't touch that with a long pole. Years back, our company used them as fleet cars. They gave us a lot of issues ( maybe the drivers were making up stories too, who knows).

Ford? Don't really know much about them but I don't know if they are reliable as the Asian brands of vehicles.

Good luck

2 Likes

Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by Dhejy7: 10:35am On May 25
rockog:

Toyota's are reliable but please avoid this vehicle, na lemon full everywhere and it will most likely end in tears
Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by Obaranje: 10:39am On May 25
weyreypey:

All eventualities must be planned for? Or why would I leave a civic to travel with the sequoia?

A colleague is paralysed at the moment because his car couldn't take the impact of a lone accident.
and you blame the car for his paralysis?

I have seen a Volvo 440 that crash in sapele delta with a commuter hiance bus with full load not one soul was lost in the bus apart from the driver with serious head injury but all 3 souls in the Volvo car perish at the spot

Imagine that Volvo as strong as it is, sometimes it is your position in the car that will determine your injury and God and not the car
Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by Blankstare(m): 10:40am On May 25
In any decision you take, never buy that Ford. The car is anti everything Africa

1 Like

Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by Dhejy7: 10:42am On May 25
Lonelybrian:
I don use Kia Rio and civic before, pls go for Kia Rio, it’s fuel consumption is extremely low and it rarely gets faulty but civic pls the leg issue is the problem, Honda’s ball joints are not strong enough. It’s all Honda, you have to change them to tokunbo ball joint and it’s very expensive.

Which year of civic or you mean accord I used a Honda civic for years and drove it through a flooded area for more than a year with no single leg pull. Very very sturdy legs compared to Toyota's, someone who have used both can definitely testify to that.
Civic does NOT experience ball joint issues

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Five Simple Things To Do When You Lose Your Brakes While Driving / This N25m BRABUS Is The Ultimate Smart Fortwo Car – (photos) / Bugatti Wants To Bring Us It’s First Saloon Car Soon (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.