Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,843 members, 7,862,761 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:14 AM

Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend (32290 Views)

Can A Peugeot 307 Work As An Uber Car? / Volkswagen And Ford Form Global Alliance To Make Pickups, Evs And Vans / Which Car Consumes More Fuel Between Kia Rio And Toyota Corolla (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by Idaytesj29(m): 2:01pm On May 25
weyreypey:

Is he going to be pushing manual transmission or auto with the french automobile?

Peugeot has Autos na. Wetin happen ?
Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by Calitoscassius(m): 2:01pm On May 25
FILEBE:

Thanks for the insight.
This goes a long way to say that all cars cannot be the same for everyone. If you would ask some people here, they will discourage you from buying all the cars you mentioned. Yet, these are the cars you are using and are doing fine for you.

Do you still import cars? I imported my car myself too . Hoping to import another but this customs clearance feee is discouraging
The thing with cars is if you manage, maintain and spend good money on good parts on your car it will serve you well and for as long as you need or want it. Alot of Naijarians ask me why i am still driving these cars they are expensive to run or they are outdated, they advice buy Nissan, buy toyota,buy that car buy this car, they are better, I say to them it is my choice to keep these cars.

In Naigeria some car owners do not mantain their cars properly (I understand times are hard and goods, parts, and other commodities are expensive) they wait until one minor fault develops into a major fault, for example every car needs a full tank to perfom properly but alota Naigerian car owners ussually drives on half tanks or almost on an empty tank, this can cause a car to develop faults.

Every car is good as long as it is mantained and managed properly, right now i am driving a classic Land Rover grin

No, i stopped importing cars to Naigeria since 2016, when i lost 2 of my cars a Volvo and a Jaguar to the corrupt Naigerian customs, they seized the cars for some unreasonable reasons, they did bill me about 1 million plus (bribe) to bail out the cars at the time but i refused as the cars are genuine with correct import and bill of sale documents. when i went back months later to see if i can retrieve the cars, they were gone! it being taken away, stolen? I don't know! I called everyone i know and knew about to help me recover the cars, but none could help, some guy even threatned me, accussed me of claiming my cars where seized. So i let the cars go to save myself.

2 Likes

Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by Idaytesj29(m): 2:03pm On May 25
weyreypey:

Civic is it. There's a reason it's one of the most stolen vehicle in the US. There's also a reason why the 206 never entered the US market.

PSA was not in the whole North America until recently.
Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by chatinent: 2:04pm On May 25
1Alex:
kia Rio especially this model posted here is almost as rugged as Toyota corolla

What do you mean by rugged?

The Corolla beats it hands down in all aspects.
Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by chatinent: 2:07pm On May 25
Calitoscassius:
If it is not an SUV i am not buying it. SUVs are the best for Naijarians rubbish roads.

After driving a Murano SUV, SUV Benz 320, LeXus RX 300 and Honda Element, i will never drive any vehicle that isn't an SUV or "Jeep" as you Naijarians call them

How are you keeping up with the Murano and its many issues?
Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by chatinent: 2:07pm On May 25
Get an SUV then a Corolla and all your problems of driving is over.

1 Like

Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by zeenaman: 2:09pm On May 25
Where can one buy Tokumbo peugeot in lagos
Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by Exousiang01(m): 2:38pm On May 25
Calitoscassius:
Okay, i ve heard, now i am even driving a very very old and cheap Land Rover and i am happy with it grin it is my choice, now, anything else reasonable you wanna add?

I am guessing you don't know that some of us preffer old cheap classic cars, why would i wanna spend millions on a liability like a car? i have bills to pay and investments to make with money. tongue

Yes, they are stupid! People who spend millions on cars.

And you think we dont invest also? LoL
Some one who bought $50K BTC few weeks ago at $62k done sell am now at $69k, e don buy 1 hectare for Epe. Dey play
You dont know that buying to old used vehicle takes more out of your pocket.
Aside servicing I haven't changed anything in my Vogue for about two years now, as a matter of fact it hasnt gone for anything beyond service, its due for service again in August same with my baby mamas Velar, we are not stupid we spend good money on these cars so that we drive with peace of mind, we can wake up any time anyday and hit the road.
If I get a call for Village and I dont get the next available flight to Abuja then I am getting into my car and driving.
2018 I lost my dad 10pm on a Sunday morning, 4 am monday morning I was on my way.
I didnt even worry for a second about my car, it was an MB Sclass.
I have a 2014 Dodge charger I cab never try that kind of stunt with her.
So all these your talk about saloon cars when na cheap SUV you still dey drive.
Oga na poverty talk be that.
I know someone who has spent about 1.2B on cars between 2023 and now, he just bought a 2024 Vogue, right now the oldest car he has is a 2021 BMW 5series.
You think he is a fool?
He may never think about buying a car in the next 8 to 10 years.
Personally buying a car will not enter my plans for the next 6 years.
Na to just dey change oil, change brake pad.
Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by foodlum: 2:42pm On May 25
Why is hardly no one talking about the absolute best of all.....the Ford Focus? That car is one of the best kept secrets of the auto industry. Solidly reliable as a rock! Its very economical too with low gas consumption and very easy to maintain. Just make sure you get a Focus with the DOHC engines. Those engines are indestructible. Very very reliable. Avoid Focus with the single overhead camshaft engines. They are made by Ford and they a nightmare. But the dual overhead camshaft (DOHC) engines are like Toyota engines. They are actually made by Mazda. Ford Focus engines and transmissions are Mazda made. The Ford Focus was a product of a joint venture between Mazda and Ford. Thats why they are so rugged and reliable. Ive had two of them in the past, the 2003 and 2004 models. Drove them on long distance trips from Georgia to Washington DC through South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland etc and then to Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, endless times several times over many years. Never had one single problem with them. Exceptionally reliable, smooth driving wonderful cars!

3 Likes

Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by Exousiang01(m): 2:46pm On May 25
chatinent:

Help me ask am oh.
And na we be the foolish people.
Look at his list of cars.
Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by Calitoscassius(m): 3:15pm On May 25
Exousiang01:

And you think we dont invest also? LoL
Some one who bought $50K BTC few weeks ago at $62k done sell am now at $69k, e don buy 1 hectare for Epe. Dey play
You dont know that buying to old used vehicle takes more out of your pocket.
Aside servicing I haven't changed anything in my Vogue for about two years now, as a matter of fact it hasnt gone for anything beyond service, its due for service again in August same with my baby mamas Velar, we are not stupid we spend good money on these cars so that we drive with peace of mind, we can wake up any time anyday and hit the road.
If I get a call for Village and I dont get the next available flight to Abuja then I am getting into my car and driving.
2018 I lost my dad 10pm on a Sunday morning, 4 am monday morning I was on my way.
I didnt even worry for a second about my car, it was an MB Sclass.
I have a 2014 Dodge charger I cab never try that kind of stunt with her.
So all these your talk about saloon cars when na cheap SUV you still dey drive.
Oga na poverty talk be that.
I know someone who has spent about 1.2B on cars between 2023 and now, he just bought a 2024 Vogue, right now the oldest car he has is a 2021 BMW 5series.
You think he is a fool?
He may never think about buying a car in the next 8 to 10 years.
Personally buying a car will not enter my plans for the next 6 years.
Na to just dey change oil, change brake pad.
Wow! I didn't ask you for your life story, but hey! Feel free let it out, i suggest you might need a proffessional therapist.

I am a poor man, i am not a billionaire like you, i cut my coats according to my size, I buy what i can afford and i am happy with my old cheap cars, they all serve me well as i would want.

It is not a crime to drive old cheap cars and Yes! It's poverty, you know what? Since you are so rich could you please send me 5k naira for food tonight, You and I are not in competition who is wealthier. Help me with the 5k or move on! grin

Ciao! cheesy
Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by Calitoscassius(m): 3:18pm On May 25
chatinent:

It did have issues, mainly the gear but since i converted the gear at the cost of 450k it is running fantastic apart from it consumes a lot of petrol.
Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by weyreypey: 3:37pm On May 25
zed7:

You're obviously a slowpoke. That's the only explanation for such a senseless assumption.
You're short. No 5'10 to 6ft will be happy to be seen in that korope
Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by weyreypey: 3:38pm On May 25
waynetee:
Peugeot is better
Hanhan Peugeot bawo? Can that pijo swim lagos swamps? Let this man enjoy his life keh
Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by SonofLagos: 3:39pm On May 25
JohnnA1:
Do they have a workshop in Lagos?
ofcourse, there is one at alagomeji in yaba
Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by weyreypey: 3:40pm On May 25
otunbakolawole:
Would have picked the 206, but lagos mechanics no understand Peugeot, hence go for the Rio.

Your head is correct. Extremely correct.
Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by weyreypey: 3:41pm On May 25
1Alex:
this statement means you have not even entered inside a 206. The 206 is more roomy than Mercedes VBoot. I am not exaggerating.

Lols...either you are also short or you just have no choice
Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by weyreypey: 3:42pm On May 25
rockog:
Which vehicle accident is not always fatal if you are not safety conscious.
Buy Toyota Corolla Okere ju Owo elo.
You will never regret any bit of it

You can't compare that korope 206 with Honda Civic..... Can 206 pass through flooded roads in Lagos...
Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by weyreypey: 3:42pm On May 25
Triplerg:
Buy Peugeot 206. It's very fuel efficient

Extremely fuel efficient but not suitable for Lagos
Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by weyreypey: 3:43pm On May 25
Franking:
Focus on Ford Focus.......

He really offend you
Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by weyreypey: 3:44pm On May 25
olisaEze:
Go for the Ford Focus. In terms of durability, fuel economy and low cost maintenance, it beats the other two options by a wide margin!
Ford Focus? Ford?
Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by MOG6670(m): 4:38pm On May 25
I think u should consider kia rio because it and easy going car
Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by mankan2k7(m): 4:50pm On May 25
When u hear Ford Focus, start running.

1 Like

Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by FILEBE(m): 5:13pm On May 25
Calitoscassius:
The thing with cars is if you manage, maintain and spend good money on good parts on your car it will serve you well and for as long as you need or want it. Alot of Naijarians ask me why i am still driving these cars they are expensive to run or they are outdated, they advice buy Nissan, buy toyota,buy that car buy this car, they are better, I say to them it is my choice to keep these cars.

In Naigeria some car owners do not mantain their cars properly (I understand times are hard and goods, parts, and other commodities are expensive) they wait until one minor fault develops into a major fault, for example every car needs a full tank to perfom properly but alota Naigerian car owners ussually drives on half tanks or almost on an empty tank, this can cause a car to develop faults.

Every car is good as long as it is mantained and managed properly, right now i am driving a classic Land Rover grin

No, i stopped importing cars to Naigeria since 2016, when i lost 2 of my cars a Volvo and a Jaguar to the corrupt Naigerian customs, they seized the cars for some unreasonable reasons, they did bill me about 1 million plus (bribe) to bail out the cars at the time but i refused as the cars are genuine with correct import and bill of sale documents. when i went back months later to see if i can retrieve the cars, they were gone! it being taken away, stolen? I don't know! I called everyone i know and knew about to help me recover the cars, but none could help, some guy even threatned me, accussed me of claiming my cars where seized. So i let the cars go to save myself.

First paragraph and second paragraph is 100% correct. True. Car owners should see this and take note .

Last paragraph. I just couldn't stop "wowing". Indeed, humans are wicked. I just always like purchasing things myself as I have this confidence in myself to buy right , hence, why I shipped through car in myself . That was my first car shipment . It has been a while and I seem to have forgotten the process . I just know that custom and clearance issue is always the problem down here
Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by Timagex(m): 5:26pm On May 25
1Alex:
auto tranny issues are only more prevalent in 406 and 407 with EW7, EW 10 and EW 12 engines.

The ew 10 engine in the 307 is also technically problematic. I wouldn’t touch an automatic Peugeot regardless of the engine.
Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by chatinent: 5:31pm On May 25
Calitoscassius:
It did have issues, mainly the gear but since i converted the gear at the cost of 450k it is running fantastic apart from it consumes a lot of petrol.
Ok.

If you convert the engine to the same year of a Sienna, you won't experience any challenges anymore.
Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by 1Alex: 6:22pm On May 25
Timagex:

The ew 10 engine in the 307 is also technically problematic. I wouldn’t touch an automatic Peugeot regardless of the engine.
you are right, forgot to add the 307. Also some 206 convertible have the EW10
Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by Taiwo20(m): 6:43pm On May 25
Xenob:
Hi guys, i am about to get my first car.

Something small that can move me around lagos, with a budget of 2m to 2.5m max.

From my research it seems d best options for this price range are -:

Peugeot 206
Ford Focus-----------delete this
Kia Rio.

I particularly have a preference for hatchback cars.

Which will you advice me to go for? Thanks.
Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by fyneboi79(m): 7:06pm On May 25
Xenob:
Hi guys, i am about to get my first car.

Something small that can move me around lagos, with a budget of 2m to 2.5m max.

From my research it seems d best options for this price range are -:

Peugeot 206
Ford Focus
Kia Rio.

I particularly have a preference for hatchback cars.

Which will you advice me to go for? Thanks.
all 3 cars are great vehicles with good durability. Any of them would serve your needs. Congrats!
Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by EmiloCorn: 7:42pm On May 25
chatinent:
Get yourself a Corolla.

...if you value your peace of mind.

Corolla and peace of mind in the same sentence? undecided

You aure say you dey 9ja so?
Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by GorillaApp(m): 8:02pm On May 25
keemsleek:

True, that's why I don't recommend Kia for people unless you are ready to spend money rather I tell them Honda or Toyota, not a fan of Benz, BMW all the way.
Lol. BMW is at the bottom of the unreliability dump.
Re: Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend by Timagex(m): 8:10pm On May 25
1Alex:
you are right, forgot to add the 307. Also some 206 convertible have the EW10

Exactly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bugatti Wants To Bring Us It’s First Saloon Car Soon (photo) / Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? / 9 Mistakes Car Buyers In Nigeria Usually Make

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.