Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,051 members, 7,859,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 06:47 PM

Manufacturers Wail As Unsold Goods Pile Up In Warehouses - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Manufacturers Wail As Unsold Goods Pile Up In Warehouses (27271 Views)

Manufacturers Sack 3,567 Workers, Unsold Goods Hit โ‚ฆโ€Ž272 Billion โ€“ MAN / 84m Barrels Of Nigerian Crude Oil Unsold, Stranded At Sea / 60 Nigerian Oil Cargoes Unsold Despite Price Cut (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manufacturers Wail As Unsold Goods Pile Up In Warehouses by Faposky95: 2:11pm On May 20
Macphenson:
Widen the tax net, reduce the purchasing power of people.

Sanwo only' s advice
Re: Manufacturers Wail As Unsold Goods Pile Up In Warehouses by Everlastingson: 2:17pm On May 20
Until Peter Obi becomes President Nigeria will only go from bad to worse. Those who say Igbo man will not be president are foolish and are only prolonging their sufffering and slavery. Nigeria, with it's institutional marginalization of the Igbo, are extremely foolish and actively working towards disintegration. Without the Igbo Nigeria can never move forward.

3 Likes

Re: Manufacturers Wail As Unsold Goods Pile Up In Warehouses by nedu666: 2:22pm On May 20
casualobserver:

Wage is a function of output. Is the output of the worker $100 today? In US GDP per capita is $70k, minimum wage is $15k. In UK it os $40k GDP/ capita minimum wage $15K. In a country like Nigeria where GDP per capita is $2k what should a minimum wage earner collect, you want him to earn more than his output?

And who is responsible for low output or you expect him to provide the infrastructure needed to increase his output. What of farmers who are tormented by bandits, are they also to be blamed for low output

1 Like

Re: Manufacturers Wail As Unsold Goods Pile Up In Warehouses by ufotunang: 2:24pm On May 20
One of Tinubu one year achievement... nawaoooo ๐Ÿ™„
Re: Manufacturers Wail As Unsold Goods Pile Up In Warehouses by casualobserver: 2:28pm On May 20
nedu666:

And who is responsible for low output or you expect him to provide the infrastructure needed to increase his output. What of farmers who are tormented by bandits, are they also to be blamed for low output

The low output of the Nigerian worker is a function of many things. One of which is poor skill set and education. Another is the same Labour unions that will not allow companies and government lay of redundant workers. Poor quality graduates. The list is long the bottom line is you cannot be paid more than your economic value that is why one graduate will agree to work for 40k while another with the right skills will earn N600k+ a month. If you had value you will leave your low paying job. The idea that there are no jobs is a lie, the reality is most are unqualified for the good jobs.

1 Like

Re: Manufacturers Wail As Unsold Goods Pile Up In Warehouses by baralatie(m): 2:39pm On May 20
No be lie
Re: Manufacturers Wail As Unsold Goods Pile Up In Warehouses by PHAYOL81: 2:43pm On May 20
Cost of inflation. Pray things improve soon.
Re: Manufacturers Wail As Unsold Goods Pile Up In Warehouses by Krankhead: 2:59pm On May 20
Deltafirstson:
They should not fail to record this as part of Tinubuโ€™s administration one year in office achievement.
You just came in to office and destroyed everything you met just within one year in office.
You completely reduced Nigerians social life and purchasing power.
They should reduce the price. Hold your governors responsible. Ask your governor what has he done to the fat allocations he received on monthly basis

1 Like

Re: Manufacturers Wail As Unsold Goods Pile Up In Warehouses by YouAreNobody: 3:02pm On May 20
LexngtonSteele:
A lot of businesses will go down. Not being pessimistic.

Yes it will be really hard for purchasers to buy imported items now that USD = 1540.

But it's hard to pity the sellers too. 99% of them quickly jerk up prices as soon as dollar rates go up and NEVER bring them back when rates go down.

Car dealers that bought cars in 2015/16 kept adjusting prices instead of selling with reasonable markups.

The consequence = eventually, customers wouldn't be able to buy again and your inventory will just rot.

I laugh when I see people who bought gym equipment in 2015/16 adjusting rates to 2024 rates. You never even sell am for years you dey adjust. Na you go carry your thing, build muscle last last grin

You forget that when these sellers sell the items they bought at low price and want to replenish stock, they'll buy at current price.

For example, I bought a dumbbell at 20k last year, and the current price is 40k. If I sell it at 30k (according to your reasonable markups), where will I get the 10k to complete the current price?
Re: Manufacturers Wail As Unsold Goods Pile Up In Warehouses by LexngtonSteele: 3:05pm On May 20
YouAreNobody:

You forget that when these sellers sell the items they bought at low price and want to replenish stock, they'll buy at current price.

For example, I bought a dumbbell at 20k last year, and the current price is 40k. If I sell it at 30k (according to your reasonable markups), where will I get the 10k to complete the current price?

Nigga. Your calculations no concern me.

You don chop finish ? Wetin you dey find for dumbell matter ? shocked

Na wetin concern me be that, negro.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Manufacturers Wail As Unsold Goods Pile Up In Warehouses by Otulaeke: 3:06pm On May 20
helinues:
Toh

Sebi they are all waiting for dollars to keep on rising so that they can be increasing the products prices ridiculously.

Na so God go dey continue punishing those who are making life unbearable for the ordinary citizens including the politicians

Normally you be basta.rd so your comments no dey surprise anybody again .. Now call the MOD. to ban me, eno get wetin i dey use nairaland do. But just know that in your secret place and house any day you complain of high cost of things or complain of lacking anything na that day you go fall and dye. Na that day everyone close to you that is supporting this hardship will fall and dye.. Useless bast.ard. Lastly, just thank God nairaland is a faceless blog cos if not your type for don sieze to breath and yeah that how bad it has gotten to. If we have to go down then why not take as much as your useless type along

1 Like

Re: Manufacturers Wail As Unsold Goods Pile Up In Warehouses by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 3:07pm On May 20
adecz:

You are sounding exactly like the current
CBN Governor & APC apologist...

Too much theoretical economics that
have no bearing to the Nigerian situation.

Your heartlessness is telling us that it's
๐Ÿ†— for somebody to survive on ๐Ÿ’ฒ1 for
2 days or more.

You seem not to understand that the
machinery of government that keeps the
nation moving and existing is run by
Civil servants. The civil service is not a
profit making system .

They are just too wicked
Their man is a very bad and terrible leader
Look at him focusing on tax that is how bad leaders behave

And even going by his analogy, USA min wage being $15k GDP capital being $70k so 70k/15k is 4.66

Now Nigeria GDP capital of $2000/4.66= $429

Nigerians min wage is supposed to be $429! Equivalent to 643,000 naira not the miserable 30000 naira or $20! ๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿคท๐Ÿ™Š

So we can see that Nigerians are seriously being short-changed in a detrimental and depraved manner

2 Likes

Re: Manufacturers Wail As Unsold Goods Pile Up In Warehouses by Iamanoited: 3:12pm On May 20
SORRY FOR THIS SITUATION. BUHARI AND EMEFIELE CAUSE IT. PLEASE PRAY THAT FG REGULATES THE ECONOMY AND THE LABOR ACCEPTS N50'000 MINIMUM WAGE,THEN YOU CRASH DOWN THE PRICES OF THE GOODS IN THE WAREHOUSES.
Re: Manufacturers Wail As Unsold Goods Pile Up In Warehouses by dikings(m): 3:21pm On May 20
Most Clueless Govt in decades, what a shame๐Ÿคช

1 Like

Re: Manufacturers Wail As Unsold Goods Pile Up In Warehouses by Obainomilano: 3:24pm On May 20
Hell anus ๐Ÿคก and his agbadorians are happy..hell blip hell anus and their darling daddy bateria and may they never be able to afford bitter obi ...Amen
Re: Manufacturers Wail As Unsold Goods Pile Up In Warehouses by Ezmans: 3:33pm On May 20
helinues:
Toh

Sebi they are all waiting for dollars to keep on rising so that they can be increasing the products prices ridiculously.

Na so God go dey continue punishing those who are making life unbearable for the ordinary citizens including the politicians
you don't have brain,no consumer goods company can try that because they believe in quick sale
Re: Manufacturers Wail As Unsold Goods Pile Up In Warehouses by Cujo007: 3:34pm On May 20
Actually, Tinubu did promise to reduce the purchasing power of Nigerians in one of his campaign speeches. When we pointed it out, people said he had made an error. Well, as you can see, it was not an error.

Deltafirstson:
They should not fail to record this as part of Tinubuโ€™s administration one year in office achievement.
You just came in to office and destroyed everything you met just within one year in office.
You completely reduced Nigerians social life and purchasing power.

1 Like

Re: Manufacturers Wail As Unsold Goods Pile Up In Warehouses by khattab02: 3:37pm On May 20
Beautifulday:
If the people don't have money to buy, they won't buy. Person wey him salary nah 50k, wetin him fit buy in a whole month when transport, electric bill, medical bill, water bill, water disposable bill, house rent, etc dey inside the 50k?

You go just buy wetin go keep you alive hoping things change for you.

Imagine when 90% of the citizens of a country fall into this bracket as it is with Nigeria right now.
very very True talk!

And someone had the sense of humor to claim Nigerians are lazy and want to be spoon fed. I mentioned all these conditions and bottle neck policies that is making the average Nigerian man suffer. He still think, it the fault of the masses.
Re: Manufacturers Wail As Unsold Goods Pile Up In Warehouses by Charly68: 3:51pm On May 20
They will continue to wail because they have increased their commodities prices beyond consumers capacity . This Govt did not know that peoples purchasing power have been reduced through their unpopular policies. They increase taxes and other things in an attempt to take in revenue not minding what they are giving out to the work force. . I was so mad with road safety the other day they were asking me for the date of my Tokunbo tyres. If Govt policy is good would I be using Tokunbo tyres ? Very sick people

1 Like

Re: Manufacturers Wail As Unsold Goods Pile Up In Warehouses by YouAreNobody: 3:53pm On May 20
LexngtonSteele:

Nigga. Your calculations no concern me.

You don chop finish ? Wetin you dey find for dumbell matter ? shocked

Na wetin concern me be that, negro.

lolzzzz...calm down, I had to use dumbbell to make an example because that's what you used in your post
Re: Manufacturers Wail As Unsold Goods Pile Up In Warehouses by LexngtonSteele: 4:01pm On May 20
YouAreNobody:

lolzzzz...calm down, I had to use dumbbell to make an example because that's what you used in your post

OK bro. Don't kill yourself trying to impress one Amaka or Basira. tongue

Be yourself. Even if you WorWor. Your own babe dey out there.

Re: Manufacturers Wail As Unsold Goods Pile Up In Warehouses by bizzibodi(m): 4:36pm On May 20
Some of those exploitative companies keep increasing d prices of their product even if 80% of d raw materials were sources from Nigeria blaming rise in dollars.now they are in dilemma
Re: Manufacturers Wail As Unsold Goods Pile Up In Warehouses by adecz: 5:20pm On May 20
VeeVeeMyLuv:

They are just too wicked
Their man is a very bad and terrible leader
Look at him focusing on tax that is how bad leaders behave

And even going by his analogy, USA min wage being $15k GDP capital being $70k so 70k/15k is 4.66

Now Nigeria GDP capital of $2000/4.66= $429

Nigerians min wage is supposed to be $429! Equivalent to 643,000 naira not the miserable 30000 naira or $20! ๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿคท๐Ÿ™Š

So we can see that Nigerians are seriously being short-changed in a detrimental and depraved manner

In fact, Nigerians are subsidizing
the APC government of Tinubu by
collecting wages that you can't survive
on, while politicians and appointees are
living like kingsโ—๏ธโ—๏ธ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

1 Like

Re: Manufacturers Wail As Unsold Goods Pile Up In Warehouses by odimbannamdi(m): 5:22pm On May 20
helinues:

You people should stop cherry picking from my comments.

Except if you put chewing gum for your eyes you won't say you didn't see where I lambasted the politicians including the FG

You added the politicians as an after-thought...lol
Re: Manufacturers Wail As Unsold Goods Pile Up In Warehouses by skj1377(m): 5:41pm On May 20
Product of failed economy policies
Re: Manufacturers Wail As Unsold Goods Pile Up In Warehouses by tungamaje: 5:57pm On May 20
Nigeria is no more the giants of Africa. Its citizens no longer afford basic commodities such as milk, eggs, vegetable oil and so on. How are the mighty fallen! Tell it not in Accra and Johannesburg
Re: Manufacturers Wail As Unsold Goods Pile Up In Warehouses by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:08pm On May 20
adecz:

In fact, Nigerians are subsidizing
the APC government of Tinubu by
collecting wages that you can't survive
on, while politicians and appointees are
living like kingsโ—๏ธโ—๏ธ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
Exactly
You have said it all
Re: Manufacturers Wail As Unsold Goods Pile Up In Warehouses by HRMK: 6:33pm On May 20
THEY SHOULD BRING THEIR PRICES DOWN!
Re: Manufacturers Wail As Unsold Goods Pile Up In Warehouses by YouAreNobody: 6:41pm On May 20
LexngtonSteele:

OK bro. Don't kill yourself trying to impress one Amaka or Basira. tongue

Be yourself. Even if you WorWor. Your own babe dey out there.
Hahahahahaha....mad man
Re: Manufacturers Wail As Unsold Goods Pile Up In Warehouses by Honor10: 7:07pm On May 20
gozmok1:
You go to hospital you don't care where the doctor comes from, you don't care about his religion... All you seek is good service

You put your money in banks you don't care where the owner is from, what his religion is

But time to elect President you say you can't vote a Christian, or an Igbo man continue

When you guys are ready enter the streets and protest and I pray what happened to endsars protesters happens to you all

Just shatap! So Peter obi was not rigged out again, but not voted for, you guys should pick a struggle
Re: Manufacturers Wail As Unsold Goods Pile Up In Warehouses by Hussein035: 7:42pm On May 20
HenryThegreat1:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/05/manufacturers-wail-as-unsold-goods-pile-up-in-warehouses/

Since you prefer the goods to rust instead of selling at cheaper price you can let it rust

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Buhari Choose Between Amaechi & Rivers People": Protesters Storm Port-Hacourt / Aragorn Femi Fani-Kayode 3rd Birthday Party Photos / Enugu PDP Congress: Nnamani Emerges Party Chairman (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.