Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,002 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? - Satellite TV Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? (18076 Views)

LIGHT Tv And Five New Channels Now Transmitting On Multi Tv frequency. / How To Watch Free To Air On Hitv Decoder / Fta Channels On W4/7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by medube(m): 2:23pm On Oct 04, 2007
All this is grammar angry Improve the services and not give us free airtime, abi anybody go beg for free viewing? angry
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by EKENEA(m): 4:42pm On Oct 04, 2007
niyi09-- are you hitv PRO? or you want help them advertise their product,instead of all that big grammar ( I know that we Nigerians like big grammar), why not tell them to improve their services, they should stop the 419.
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by codedguy1(m): 9:08am On Oct 05, 2007
am on the sattellite platform and i can now receive hi mix and ART MOVIES, although art movies is blank at the moment. hi mix is where they show alot of new programms and films according to a friend who is on cable. i guess this means hi mx can be seen all over the nation because its now on the sattellite platform. i also heard nigezie and base would soon come up

guys RESCAN!!!!!!!! PERIODICALLY
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by codedguy1(m): 9:54am On Oct 05, 2007
@ Ekenea,

WHO ARE THE RIGHT PEOPLE?
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by niyi09(m): 1:56pm On Oct 05, 2007
EKENEA AND MEDUBE. please dont get me wrong,i just saw that bonanza article of hitv on the nation newspaper and decided to post it here for everybody to hear.I AM NOT THEIR PRO.I DONT EVEN KNOW THEIR OFFICE.DONT CRUCIFY ME.
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by Olori(m): 3:08pm On Oct 05, 2007
@dekin

I gladly give u Ribadus' efcc no:2692631.

I am just abt to pay for a yr subscription I guess I should , undecided
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by Bigtee(m): 10:08am On Oct 08, 2007
They added:
ART Movies: But its not showing anything
Hi Mix: Working well
Hi Life: Working well
Go Channel 311: Low signal but its working well

still yet to get back:
Hi Kids
Hi Soccer 1
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by ayusman16(m): 1:55pm On Oct 09, 2007
Art is working now but na arabic dem dey speak,
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by tboy81(m): 8:21am On Oct 12, 2007
HiSports seems to be working well now (after several weeks of showing "scrambled")
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by Egavlas(m): 3:43pm On Oct 12, 2007
Just rescanned and art movies 2 is showing.

How are we supposed to enjoy it?

Its only arabic scholars that understand arabic in naija.

Am sure they can do something with the mbc net work, mbc2 mbc1 mbc4 etc.

Disc Engineering used to offer them on their package so Hitv should be able to do something to get that station.

Am on the cable and the picture quality is great. Even in heavy winds . Earlier, I thought the winds affected it but it
doesnt affect it much now.

Hi mix is stepping up with more movies and content now.

Its good news if they are giving this month subscription free.
Its something and shows they are being responsive to customers concerns.

Think they are begining to get it one step at a time
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by Nobody: 6:52am On Oct 13, 2007
HI Everyone,

Am on the terestial cable and getting my feed from ikeja mast, however since last Wednesday night, i lost signal and the usual "BAD OR NO SIGNAL" has been showing. Pls is anyone having the same problem.?
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by Ifeniyi22(m): 2:49pm On Oct 13, 2007
please can any nairalander residing on the island ( Vgc -Ajah Abraham Adesanya estate axis) with hitv installations pls tell us how the reception is.Please answer the following questions when posting your reply:-
1. How many stations you receive and their clarity levels
2. satellite or cable packages

any other information that u might have on their services. Thanks.
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by Egavlas(m): 2:48am On Oct 15, 2007
ilugunboy:

HI Everyone,

Am on the terestial cable and getting my feed from ikeja mast, however since last Wednesday night, i lost signal and the usual "BAD OR NO SIGNAL" has been showing. Please is anyone having the same problem.?

You can switch off the decoder and switch it back on again. It will stabilise . After a while, if it happens like that, the signal will come back by itself after some seconds
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by codedguy1(m): 5:44pm On Oct 15, 2007
@ illugunboy

phoned there office and said there engineers were working at their ikeja site, it seems those receiving signals from there ikeja station are the only ones experiencing NO OR BAD SIGNAL. so i guess u'll have to wait a while. angry
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by Egavlas(m): 7:27pm On Oct 15, 2007
Please, are these Hitv guys trying to tell me that they actually paid licence for this Art movies?

What in the world were they thinking?

If they paid for this channel then that would be the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Now does anyone here in this forum understand arabic?

It would have been better to pay for anything else even if its 3 people talking to emselves every hour.

And if its free to air, then I donr see why they couldnt get mbc network who have changed there offering to Free to air
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by niyi09(m): 1:50pm On Oct 16, 2007
i wonder why hitv would not add mtv base for sattelite subscribers and please they should add more content to their hi- life, hi- nolly and hi-mix,they are full of repititions.imagine watching a film 3 times daily
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by urfriend(m): 9:57pm On Oct 16, 2007
see,guys hitv wl soon be adding more channels and contents on or before the end of the year.the epg ill soon be added.for your information not every channel is meant for u,ART movies is for the arabic/lebanies speaking people and i't was added for commercial reasons.the ikeja site will soon be put on.thanks,
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by Nobody: 7:43am On Oct 17, 2007
@urfriend,

are you a staff of this terrible coy?, if not why are you "washing" them.

They promised that the ikeja mast will be ok by monday and they made me to part with an additional 4k for another month sub, ( we are always trying to encourage these guys) but up till now nothing is happening and they are not even reaching out to people, called the customer care line and the only thing the lady could mutter was that the problem is bigger than they initially thought.

I think its high time NBC looks into these guys performace and be reprimanded accordingly.
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by ayusman16(m): 7:47am On Oct 17, 2007
If i dont get a resolution before Fri and compensation to the lost signal of no or bad signal, i would have no option than to drag them to NCC. They are a bunch of craps dat deserve not to be supported but kicked out, Imagine 7days of nonsense!!
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by urfriend(m): 8:32pm On Oct 17, 2007
see i don't work for them.just have some insiders.i can inform u that before the end of the year all issues will be addressed.
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by ayusman16(m): 11:24am On Oct 18, 2007
Go and tell them to close shop and refund our money (dem no different from all these wonder banks) grin grin grin
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by Egavlas(m): 8:02pm On Oct 18, 2007
urfriend:

ART movies is for the arabic/lebanies speaking people and i't was added for commercial reasons.

Sounds logical though.

On the new content, am beginning to see new things on hi mix but I cant tell the time the programs are on.

I have watched a series titled NUMBERS two times now and I enjoyed it but I cant tell the exact time its on. I think I caught it on tuesday those times.

Also On Sunday, I saw a reality show *The Cut*, I liked the whole concept but yet again, I dont know if its a continous series on Hitv and cant be exact with the time.

Can You find out from your insider about these two programs? Are they a continuos thing and what days and time are they on.

Also, Please let your insider know and maybe tell his bosses that we are clamouring for the mbc network. You cant ask for more with that network.
mbc2 show better and more recent movies than even dstv, mbc4 shows all the sitcoms and popular series you can think of. And there is the other one that is strong on sports.
The network recently changed their business model to Free To Air so Hitv doesnt need to spend much.

If they dont move fast now, they will lose out on potential clients. More and more ppl are turning to free to air cause they are not burdened with monthly subscription.
In nigeria, you will be shocked at the number of people doing so now. And I tell you, they watch everything, from premiereship to champions league to oprah winfrey.

If you even search this nairaland, you will see threads on Free To Air. I know people who install it. I am just hampared by the fact that I live in a flat and sometimes, the dish needed is larger than the dstv size dish(not always though depending on the sattelite you are facing).
Hope you can carry this message to your insider or go further and do the messaging yourself. Who Knows, Mr Subair may be very appreciative of your efforts.
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by urfriend(m): 8:31pm On Oct 18, 2007
hi,before the start of transmission and before a programmes they now display the times of each programmes.so just keep watching.the epg wil soon start working and also more channels,contents and other valuie added services will soon be made known.
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by niyi09(m): 2:58pm On Oct 19, 2007
i think hitv should try and negotiate a deal with mbc network.it would be a fair deal for them since mbc is now free to air.please urfriend get this info to your insider.i am giving them till december 2007,if their service and content dont improve,i am going to lead a revolution against the company
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by urfriend(m): 9:22pm On Oct 19, 2007
hi,mbc is a free channel on satellite.they don't broadcast to africa,their signal just manages to get to africa.i tell u that before the end of the year more channels,epg,contents will be on.thanks,
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by ayusman16(m): 7:30am On Oct 20, 2007
u guys are talking about more channels when some subs cannot view the channels for over one week (no bad or no signal), it would soon dawn on u that HIThieves would soon run down!!
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by Egavlas(m): 12:18pm On Oct 20, 2007
ayusman16:

u guys are talking about more channels when some subs cannot view the channels for over one week (no bad or no signal), it would soon dawn on u that HIThieves would soon run down!!

@ayusman16

have you gone to their office? I think you should go to their office and bring down the roof if you have to.

Are you telling me everyone facing the Ikeja station cant watch anything? There would have been much more noise about it now.
I think you should go there.
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by ayusman16(m): 1:24pm On Oct 20, 2007
DO call their helpline every day and they confirm d probs to be theirs (It's bigger than they thot), i av even called my installer to come check but lo didnt work, i have given ultimatum and conditions for compensation, if not abided, na NCC go settle us, somebody needs to make them sit on their toes,
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by Egavlas(m): 3:39pm On Oct 20, 2007
Thats what am saying. Stop calling and sacrifice a day to go phisically. You will get much more done by being there phisically and insult whoever is in charge
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by ayusman16(m): 6:57am On Oct 21, 2007
Bros, i no get much time to go waste in their office. Spoken with my lawyer and comtemplating sueing or taking them to NCC. Don't know which one to do first, Just waiting 4 them 2 resolve d issue of no or bad signal first and make dem try no compensate and see wahala!!!
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by urfriend(m): 9:59pm On Oct 21, 2007
see i can tell you that the site in ikeja is bad,they had to go to france to get the full part to replace the bad one.they wanted to just repair it but toyin,hitv boss told them to travel and replace it in full.i am sure hitv will repay every subscriber in that area maybe with extra free months.
Re: Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Oct 21, 2007
@urfriend,

what do you advise us to do now?, do we wait till they bring the parts from france or we just move to satallite.

Really am dissapointed in these guys.

pls how long do you honestly believe that this site will back functioning.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

All About Strong Srt 4329 And 432: S / IROKOtv Signs Netflix Partnership Deal / How To Use Redcam And How Redcam Works

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.