Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,317 members, 7,864,517 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:42 PM

Don’t Pay N3m Bride Price For A Girl Disvirgined With Urgent 2k – Reno Omokri - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Don’t Pay N3m Bride Price For A Girl Disvirgined With Urgent 2k – Reno Omokri (21173 Views)

Nigerian Lady Reveals What Her Boyfriend Made Her Do For Urgent 2K (pic) / He gang-raped and Disvirgined Me At 17, Now He Wants To Marry (pics) / 'Thank God For The Guy Who Disvirgined My Virginity Today' - Lady On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Pay N3m Bride Price For A Girl Disvirgined With Urgent 2k – Reno Omokri by Benwallt(m): 8:47pm On May 21
When Aliko Dangote's daughter married, her bride price was ₦500,000. Please fact-check me. And the wedding ceremony itself was modest and respectable and demonstrated the moderation that can only come from a highly developed culture.

You are going to marry a woman whose parents live in an uncompleted building in a village, and they are asking you to bring ₦3,000,000 and fulfil a long list of demands as bride price? Reason the matter, my friend.

As a man, if you are getting married anywhere in Africa, and your in-laws are demanding drinks like Martell VSOP and XO, designer wear, foreign exchange and expensive jewellery, just know that that is not a customary or traditional marriage. That is modern-day extortion by criminally minded people, and it is in your best interest to rethink that marriage.

A broken engagement is better than being entrapped by heartless Industrial Money Obtainers. Whatever they are asking you to pay is just a down payment. If you marry that girl, they will squeeze the life out of you with their demands. If someone dies, you pay. Someone is born, you pay. When someone starts school, you must shake your body. You are not an in-law. You are an in-money, and you will not have harmony.

Our ancestors were not that greedy. And the items they are demanding from you are not African items. They are foreign. Mostly from Europe. And, therefore, could not have been part of any native law and custom. These are just opportunists trying to use you for poverty alleviation.

African bride price list should not be more than a reasonable amount of money, and then things like kola nut, livestock, palm oil and agricultural produce, and in the Ghana area, gold (because gold has always been abundant in precolonial Ghana).

Ask yourself this question. If truly the bride price in their custom is running into millions, how come the bride's parents live in a rented house or modest uncompleted building? They ought to be wealthy.

The truth is that the father married her mother with ₦5, and now they want you to marry their daughter with ₦3,000,000. To them, they are negotiating a business, not a marriage.

If this were a virgin, then perhaps ₦3,000,000 could be demanded. But ₦3,000,000 bride price for a girl that was disvirgined with urgent ₦2k? Tufiakwa!

Do not be too desperate to marry that you do not see the trap you are entering and the alternatives at your fingertips. You are a successful young man. Your type is rare. There are more beautiful young women than there are successful young men. Sit back. Take your time and marry where you will have peace, not where your in-laws want a piece of your wealth!

#TableShaker

Reno Omokri

115 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Don’t Pay N3m Bride Price For A Girl Disvirgined With Urgent 2k – Reno Omokri by theophorus(m): 8:51pm On May 21
Seriously, is not fair now!

Why will a son of man be asked to bring things up to 3M in this present day Nigeria just because he wan marry una daughter?

Well, make people stop to dey turn their daughter to Poverty Alleviation opportunity ooo.

97 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Don’t Pay N3m Bride Price For A Girl Disvirgined With Urgent 2k – Reno Omokri by Remman(m): 8:59pm On May 21
Bride price / dowry should be scrapped. Let people marry like the Americans.

70 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Don’t Pay N3m Bride Price For A Girl Disvirgined With Urgent 2k – Reno Omokri by 2aces(m): 9:07pm On May 21
Na who no get money dey complain about bride price o.
Young man forget marriage for now and hustle like your life depends on it (which it does), so you won't be taking advice from a man who can't afford a pair of shoes.

Women are of different class, and from different backgrounds, find the one that matches yours and in your financial capacity and live in peace, love is overrated.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Pay N3m Bride Price For A Girl Disvirgined With Urgent 2k – Reno Omokri by imaxx: 11:21pm On May 21
Mr Money man. I hail you grin grin grin

2aces:
Young man forget marriage for now and hustle like your life depends on it (which it does), so you won't be taking advice from a man who can't afford a pair of shoes.

Women are of different class, and from different backgrounds, find the one that matches yours and in your financial capacity and live in peace, love is overrated.

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Pay N3m Bride Price For A Girl Disvirgined With Urgent 2k – Reno Omokri by RighteousDemon: 11:30pm On May 21
Make I park my aeroplane here first…

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Pay N3m Bride Price For A Girl Disvirgined With Urgent 2k – Reno Omokri by LordIsaac(m): 12:48am On May 22
This is right and indispensable to a fruitful union.😊

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don’t Pay N3m Bride Price For A Girl Disvirgined With Urgent 2k – Reno Omokri by Anabosee(m): 1:57am On May 22
As much as I don't like this Guy, he is 100 percent correct.
Even if the girl na virgin, the bride price nor supposed reach one million not to talk of say she nor be virgin, wey dem use only sweet words or small indomie and eggs open her legs.

93 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Pay N3m Bride Price For A Girl Disvirgined With Urgent 2k – Reno Omokri by sulakishop(m): 3:56am On May 22
Table shaker

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Pay N3m Bride Price For A Girl Disvirgined With Urgent 2k – Reno Omokri by Toks2008(m): 5:09am On May 22
I think Reno should focus on matters like this and leave politics where he seems to be very clueless.

I totally agree with him on this.

I remember this amazing thread i created on this issue and i wish lalasticlala should take a closer look at it.

https://www.nairaland.com/6914339/only-virgin-brides-deserve-bride#108893389

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Pay N3m Bride Price For A Girl Disvirgined With Urgent 2k – Reno Omokri by Lalami3232(m): 5:11am On May 22
Why pay such amount for a non-virgin aka borehole? I rather use it for bet9ja

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Don’t Pay N3m Bride Price For A Girl Disvirgined With Urgent 2k – Reno Omokri by KingLennon(m): 5:36am On May 22
2aces:

You're a SIMPle man by nature sad....

85 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Pay N3m Bride Price For A Girl Disvirgined With Urgent 2k – Reno Omokri by Sapasenator: 5:45am On May 22
Shut up Reno, who are you to tell anyone what to do?

What about if we like disvirgened girls with olosho vibes?

4 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Don’t Pay N3m Bride Price For A Girl Disvirgined With Urgent 2k – Reno Omokri by BigYash: 5:56am On May 22
2aces:

Them dey give you sense now,you dey talk rubbish.. Did you hustle to make money to become a fool with it? Why pay 3m for someone who got disflowered with noodles and egg that was less than 1 thousand naira. One mustn’t be stupid or foolish cux you have money... If it was the other way round,will she pay 3m for you when your hymen is missing? Be wise!

113 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Don’t Pay N3m Bride Price For A Girl Disvirgined With Urgent 2k – Reno Omokri by Sapasenator: 5:58am On May 22
BigYash:
Them dey give you sense now,you dey talk rubbish.. Did you hustle to make money to become a fool with it? Why pay 3m for someone who got disflowered with noodles and egg that was less than 1 thousand naira. One mustn’t be stupid or foolish cux you have money... If it was the other way round,will she pay 3m for you when your hymen is missing? Be wise!

Which mumu sense them they give, mumu Reno na him dey give sense?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Pay N3m Bride Price For A Girl Disvirgined With Urgent 2k – Reno Omokri by BigYash: 6:02am On May 22
Sapasenator:

Which mumu sense them they give, mumu Reno na him dey give sense?
Reno might be stupid sometimes,but for this very one he made sense.. Men Need to dey speak out.. The scam on men by ladies and their families is getting too much... No be for every man shall.. na man wen no gree get sense I pity....

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don’t Pay N3m Bride Price For A Girl Disvirgined With Urgent 2k – Reno Omokri by minasu190: 6:20am On May 22
Na still you go carry olosho pay am millions,I don't even believe in these politicians, you pot calling someone kettle, omokiririki, abi wetin dey call am

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Pay N3m Bride Price For A Girl Disvirgined With Urgent 2k – Reno Omokri by Sonnobax15(m): 6:52am On May 22
lipsrsealed. Good advise from Reno indeed..
Re: Don’t Pay N3m Bride Price For A Girl Disvirgined With Urgent 2k – Reno Omokri by IamANigerianMan: 7:12am On May 22
Benwallt:
Reno Omokri has claimed that there was more to Bobrisky's prison sentence
Reno Omokri is a controversial social media influencer
Social media influencer Reno Omokri has advised bachelors in the country against paying exorbitantly for bride prices.
In a statement on X on Monday, Omokri lamented the exorbitant bills would-be grooms pay to their prospective in-laws to marry their daughter.

Omokri mentioned that it is alien to African culture for in-laws to demand “drinks like Martell VSOP and XO, designer wear, foreign exchange, and expensive jewelry” as part of items for the dowry.

Omokri noted that “when Aliko Dangote’s daughter married, her bride price was ₦500,000. Please fact-check me. And the wedding ceremony itself was modest and respectable, demonstrating the moderation that can only come from a highly developed culture.

“You are going to marry a woman whose parents live in an uncompleted building in a village, and they are asking you to bring ₦3,000,000 and fulfill a long list of demands as bride price? Reason the matter, my friend.”

“As a man, if you are getting married anywhere in Africa and your in-laws are demanding drinks like Martell VSOP and XO, designer wear, foreign exchange, and expensive jewelry, just know that that is not a customary or traditional marriage,” he added.

Describing it as “modern-day extortion by criminally minded people,” the social media influencer advised, “It is in your best interest to rethink that marriage.”

“A broken engagement is better than being entrapped by heartless industrial money-seekers. Whatever they are asking you to pay is just a down payment.

“If you marry that girl, they will squeeze the life out of you with their demands. If someone dies, you pay. Someone is born; you pay.

“When someone starts school, you must shake your body. You are not an in-law. You are an in-money person, and you will not have harmony,” he added.

Arguing that high bride prices are alien to African culture, Omokri added that “the African bride price list should not be more than a reasonable amount of money.”

“Our ancestors were not that greedy. And the items they are demanding from you are not African. They are foreign. Mostly from Europe. And, therefore, it could not have been part of any native law or custom. These are just opportunists trying to use you for poverty alleviation.

“The African bride price list should not be more than a reasonable amount of money, and then things like kola nuts, livestock, palm oil, agricultural produce, and in the Ghana area, gold (because gold has always been abundant in precolonial Ghana).

“Ask yourself this question. If truly the bride’s price in their custom is running into millions, how come the bride’s parents live in a rented house or modest, uncompleted building? They ought to be wealthy.

“The truth is that the father married her mother with ₦5, and now they want you to marry their daughter with ₦3,000,000. To them, they are negotiating a business, not a marriage,” Omokri wrote.

Urging men not to pay such fees for already disvirgined girls, the social media influencer, however, mentions that, “If this were a virgin, then perhaps ₦3,000,000 could be demanded. But ₦3,000,000 bride price for a girl that was disvirgined with urgent ₦2k? Tufiakwa!”

The former aide to ex-president Goodluck Jonathan urged men not to “be so desperate to marry that you do not see the trap you are entering and the alternatives at your fingertips. You are a successful young man. Your type is rare.”

Omokri, the self-acclaimed table shaker added that “there are more beautiful young women than there are successful young men. Sit back. Take your time and marry where you will have peace, not where your in-laws want a piece of your wealth.”

https://www.chronicle.ng/marriage-romance/dont-pay-n3m-bride-price-omokri/#:~:text=To%20them%2C%20they%20are%20negotiating,%E2%82%A63%2C000%2C000%20could%20be%20demanded.
I cannot even pay chichi on non virgin, I wonder how people marry OLOSHO...

6 Likes

Re: Don’t Pay N3m Bride Price For A Girl Disvirgined With Urgent 2k – Reno Omokri by Pennywise2: 7:56am On May 22
You must pay oo. You can't keep disvirgin our girls and not pay big

1 Like

Re: Don’t Pay N3m Bride Price For A Girl Disvirgined With Urgent 2k – Reno Omokri by siofra(f): 10:13am On May 22
Old goat.

Maybe after the trash he wrote up there, he'll suggest that women pay dowry for men for useless reason he will make up.

Men marrying more than one wife is our tradition but he wants to bargain paying of bride price.

I don't even care about bride price but Reno is not someone we should listen to on this matter.

He will keep fooling around on the internet until he gets that appointment he desperately needs from Tinubu.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don’t Pay N3m Bride Price For A Girl Disvirgined With Urgent 2k – Reno Omokri by id4sho(m): 10:16am On May 22
Feminist don't like this topic tongue

11 Likes

Re: Don’t Pay N3m Bride Price For A Girl Disvirgined With Urgent 2k – Reno Omokri by id4sho(m): 10:21am On May 22
siofra:
Old goat.

Maybe after the trash he wrote up there, he'll suggest that women pay dowry for men for useless reason he will make up.

Men marrying more than one wife is our tradition but he wants to bargain paying of bride price.

I don't even care about bride price but Reno is not someone we should listen to on this matter.

He will keep fooling around on the internet until he gets that appointment he desperately needs from Tinubu.
Haunty, r u a virgin . Why e de pain you undecided

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Pay N3m Bride Price For A Girl Disvirgined With Urgent 2k – Reno Omokri by otherway: 11:17am On May 22
siofra:
Old goat.

You must be so so ignorant.

Tinubu is paying him already. Can't you see that he is working for Tinubu.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Pay N3m Bride Price For A Girl Disvirgined With Urgent 2k – Reno Omokri by 2aces(m): 1:02pm On May 22
BigYash:
Bros leave big yash, go and hustle grin

1 Like

Re: Don’t Pay N3m Bride Price For A Girl Disvirgined With Urgent 2k – Reno Omokri by 2aces(m): 1:06pm On May 22
KingLennon:

You're a SIMPle man by nature sad....
Alpha male why are you still single, it's when you get married you become really responsible and that alpha nonsense will clear from your eyes

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Pay N3m Bride Price For A Girl Disvirgined With Urgent 2k – Reno Omokri by yarimo(m): 1:36pm On May 22
RighteousDemon:
Make I park my aeroplane here first…
you didn't park it very well I saw it on the tree

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Pay N3m Bride Price For A Girl Disvirgined With Urgent 2k – Reno Omokri by RighteousDemon: 1:48pm On May 22
yarimo:
you didn't park it very well I saw it on the tree

Lol… Na eye Dey pain you. Check well na tarmac I Dey now en route Iragbiji. I get news to break to the people

1 Like

Re: Don’t Pay N3m Bride Price For A Girl Disvirgined With Urgent 2k – Reno Omokri by Akpabio22(m): 1:56pm On May 22
This is very correct. Most broke girls always feel they can manipulate men for marriage. Thank God men are waking up soon it will be no Virgin no marriage. If you're non virgin just consider yourself as baby mama. Because you can't eat your cake and have it

16 Likes

Re: Don’t Pay N3m Bride Price For A Girl Disvirgined With Urgent 2k – Reno Omokri by BigYash: 4:09pm On May 22
2aces:
Bros leave big yash, go and hustle grin
You don see my account balance before,abi I don beg your papa money before ? Be like say you don go smoke wetin pass you..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don’t Pay N3m Bride Price For A Girl Disvirgined With Urgent 2k – Reno Omokri by Nonexisting1: 4:14pm On May 22
Please recommend where I can buy cement at cheaper rate here in Owerri.

4 Likes

Re: Don’t Pay N3m Bride Price For A Girl Disvirgined With Urgent 2k – Reno Omokri by Skillsnigeria: 4:19pm On May 22
grin hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Most Romantic Gift You Have Ever Received?... / Vero's Ladies Bar / The Tightness Of A Woman Is Not Related To The Amount Of Dick That Has Entered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.