Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,709 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

Nigerians In Paris - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Paris (1369 Views)

Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe / Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? / Nigerians In Diaspora Carry Sh*t For A Living (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians In Paris by chykeo(m): 8:06pm On Nov 23, 2011
I will be spending overnight in Paris on my way to Nigeria on Sunday 27th Nov. I will land at Charles De Gaul by 8 pm and will be leaving for Nigeria by 10 am d next day. So can anybody advice on any cheap hotel around where I can put up for the night. Or something else I can occupy my time with for d night like clubs, or other interesting places. I am yet to see d Eiffel tower. That is gonna be d first thing on my mind. So what are the busses to connect to the area.

Cant wait to get some ideas.

Thanks
Re: Nigerians In Paris by Nobody: 9:25pm On Nov 23, 2011
there are gazillions of hotel RIGHT OUTSIDE the airport.

as for visiting the city (tour Eiffel), you need to take the RER B, (which is a fast link train that goes straight to the center of Paris) all the way to ST MICHEL station and then change to the RER C all the way to CHAMPS DE MARS station.

also remember that it will take you about 30mins (if you are lucky) to get out of the plane, then another 1hr to get to the hotel and check in, before thinking of going to visit the city. by then it will already be about 9.30pm, so it will take you about 1hr to get to the Tour Eiffel but beware because public transport closes at about 1am during the week and the trip to the airport by taxi (from the Tour Eiffel) is about 1hr and not cheap.

your best bet would be to change to an earlier flight arriving in CDG (if you can), so that you may have more time to visit this fantastic city. . . . . . . .  and not pay a hotel room just for a few hours.
Re: Nigerians In Paris by chykeo(m): 12:01am On Nov 24, 2011
@ MRbrownJay

Thanks a lot for the info above. Wish I can change my ticket but I have limited options.

Do have any idea of 40 euro or less hotel I can get that is within or around the airport?

If I cant make it into town cause of time con straints, what else do u think I can do around town to while away ther time? Not much of a sleeper. Might like to have a couple of beer though
Re: Nigerians In Paris by Nobody: 11:49am On Nov 24, 2011
as you will be in Paris on a sunday night, there is not much to do, especially around the airport which is in the northern suburbs of town. your best option is to go to the center of Paris where there will be more options but, as i said earlier, you will have limited time to do anything (unless you are ready to catch a cab to move around the city and back to the hotel).
after dark, there will definitely be some few bars/ clubs opened where you can sample the Paris nightlife.

the cheapest hotel around CDG will be about 25€. . . . . . . there is a budget hotel chain called PREMIERE CLASSE which basic rooms rates are 29€/night. they have two hotels at CDG  airport  and there is even a shuttle bus from the airport to the hotel and back (dont know if it is free though).

go to your local EXPEDIA website and book through them, here is the page/hotel that you should be looking for:
=&E=&F=&J=6000134&Q=6000134">http://www.expedia.it/Hotel-Search#A=HOT.SR.Sort.Price&B=&grin=&E=&F=&J=6000134&Q=6000134%7CAIRPORTSHADOW%7CParigi%2C+Francia+(CDG-Charles+de+Gaulle)&R=&S=49.00576%7C2.53781&K=&hideSortType=10&L=10&M=0&N=0&ts=1322130070525

(1) (Reply)

UK Government - Am I Missing Something Here Or Is It Just A Rip Off? / Studying And Living In Australia / Angolan Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.