Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,917 members, 7,866,485 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 06:29 PM

Lookman Makes History, Hits Hat-trick As Atalanta Win Europa League Trophy - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lookman Makes History, Hits Hat-trick As Atalanta Win Europa League Trophy (32068 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo Scores Hat-Trick As Portugal Win 6-0 Vs Lithuania / Cristiano Ronaldo Scores Hat-trick As Portugal Thrash Switzerland 3-1 (Photos) / Lucas Torreira In Tears As Chelsea Win Europa League Final (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lookman Makes History, Hits Hat-trick As Atalanta Win Europa League Trophy by BigBlackPreek(m): 9:00am On May 23
African footballer of the year

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lookman Makes History, Hits Hat-trick As Atalanta Win Europa League Trophy by pappilo(m): 9:01am On May 23
The report quoted is rubbish. Completely different from what transpired on the pitch last night.

For the first goal, Lookman smartly nicked infront of a ball watching defender to pounce on a loose ball and rifle it with his left foot.

For the second goal he nutmegged Xhaka just outside the box and curved a powerful shot into the bottom left corner

For the third goal, he received the ball and took on the defender outsmarting him with a leg over, thereby creating space for himself and ended in with a wonderful left footed shot into the top right hand corner

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lookman Makes History, Hits Hat-trick As Atalanta Win Europa League Trophy by uniquetechng: 9:01am On May 23
OriOko88:
cool
It's a huge showcase for him. I saw the match,all his three goals were world class especially the second one. Many top clubs will be on him this summer especially Chelsea and man u.
But the obsession of the UK media over him is what I don't understand. BBC wrote, London born Nigeria international, The mirror wrote ,formal Charlton youth player,they totally omitted Nigeria. E dey pain them say dem no poach am like they did to Solanke and Saka undecided
He played for England youths teams starting from the U15 to the U21, he waited anxiously for a call up from Southgate which never came until he decided to switch nationality to Nigeria in 2022.
So it's not a matter of him not being poached but him not considered good enough for the Three Lions because of his poor showings with Everton, Leipzig had to send him out on loan to Fulham and Leicester City twice.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lookman Makes History, Hits Hat-trick As Atalanta Win Europa League Trophy by Racoon(m): 9:01am On May 23
Congratulations man!

2 Likes

Re: Lookman Makes History, Hits Hat-trick As Atalanta Win Europa League Trophy by PrinceofSarcasm: 9:01am On May 23
Cheers grin
Re: Lookman Makes History, Hits Hat-trick As Atalanta Win Europa League Trophy by Usmanovic95(m): 9:02am On May 23
Luku Luku Bantashi.The boy carry vex play that match⚽⚽⚽

We will also witness how Karim Adeyemi will destroy Madrid.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lookman Makes History, Hits Hat-trick As Atalanta Win Europa League Trophy by Golan007: 9:03am On May 23
OriOko88:
cool
It's a huge showcase for him. I saw the match,all his three goals were world class especially the second one. Many top clubs will be on him this summer especially Chelsea and man u.
But the obsession of the UK media over him is what I don't understand. BBC wrote, London born Nigeria international, The mirror wrote ,formal Charlton youth player,they totally omitted Nigeria. E dey pain them say dem no poach am like they did to Solanke and Saka undecided

Don't mind them.

He played for the England youth teams and he was phenomenal.

At senior level, he was overlooked.

Switched allegiance and they suddenly remembered him after breaking records in the final.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lookman Makes History, Hits Hat-trick As Atalanta Win Europa League Trophy by Komu1048(m): 9:04am On May 23
The guy following the footsteps of our Osimehn, will be hopefully they r inform to qualify us for WC.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lookman Makes History, Hits Hat-trick As Atalanta Win Europa League Trophy by BizTrust: 9:04am On May 23
Good one from lookman

2 Likes

Re: Lookman Makes History, Hits Hat-trick As Atalanta Win Europa League Trophy by Mccullum: 9:05am On May 23
Congrats to a glorious son of Naija,

Congrats to Atalanta..

More successes ahead bro.

2 Likes

Re: Lookman Makes History, Hits Hat-trick As Atalanta Win Europa League Trophy by Sonofgod1990(m): 9:07am On May 23
That how man united will demolish man city on 25th fa cup final....

1 Like

Re: Lookman Makes History, Hits Hat-trick As Atalanta Win Europa League Trophy by bentenny(m): 9:07am On May 23
So happy for lookman
There was a time no club wanted him until Atalanta saw something special and the rest is history!

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lookman Makes History, Hits Hat-trick As Atalanta Win Europa League Trophy by pappilo(m): 9:09am On May 23
Golan007:

Don't mind them.

He played for the England youth teams and he was phenomenal.

At senior level, he was overlooked.

Switched allegiance and they suddenly remembered him after breaking records in the final.

Stop writing nonsense. What is phenomenal about the attached stats?

3 Likes

Re: Lookman Makes History, Hits Hat-trick As Atalanta Win Europa League Trophy by Angelfrost(m): 9:11am On May 23
Lookman was on fire last night...

What a perfect night to shine!

CAF and BBC should take note... This is the Footballer of the year by a mile!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lookman Makes History, Hits Hat-trick As Atalanta Win Europa League Trophy by ppogba: 9:11am On May 23
Undisputed African Footballer.of the year 2025

8 Likes

Re: Lookman Makes History, Hits Hat-trick As Atalanta Win Europa League Trophy by SmartyPants(m): 9:16am On May 23
The Super Eagles honestly should win every Afcon this decade. The talent in the team is just too much.

9 Likes

Re: Lookman Makes History, Hits Hat-trick As Atalanta Win Europa League Trophy by superCleanworks(m): 9:16am On May 23
Angelfrost:
Lookman was on fire last night...
!

he was not just on fire.
He was a mad, raging bull on redbull with fire on his tail like a rocket.
The shot wey dey that man leg fit burst bullet proof glass.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lookman Makes History, Hits Hat-trick As Atalanta Win Europa League Trophy by Geovanni412(m): 9:18am On May 23
saddler:
lipsrsealed

How did Leverkusen open the scoring?

Critical error.

Maybe dem no pay their copyeditor in full.

8 Likes

Re: Lookman Makes History, Hits Hat-trick As Atalanta Win Europa League Trophy by wunmi590(m): 9:20am On May 23
yinkkus:
Atalanta & Ademola Lookman massacred Bayer Leverkusen.....grin grin.
I knew Atalanta were capable, I study their tactics.
They love to play a team like this that open up well and attack e g Liverpool, Leverkusen, Marseille.
They will give you the possession but remain compact only for them to give you a reactive and decisive football.
You may have all the possession but that shot on goal and other important decisive moments matter to them a lot.
I just dey laugh 😄😃 when average poll from several polls give them just over 25% chance of winning.
Una don see now, dey don silent una...not just 1 but 3 goals that's tactical master class.
With our "home boy" Ademola Lookman setting a record as the first player to score a hat-trick (3 goals) in a Europa League final, that's so much joy for me and others like me.

Europa League Final 2023/2024 Season.
Aviva Stadium, Dublin, Republic of Ireland🇮🇪.

Atalanta 🇬🇺🇮🇹 - 3 vs Bayer Leverkusen 🇦🇱🇩🇪 - 0

Ademola Lookman🇳🇬 scored all the 3 goals ⚽⚽⚽
Ademola Lookman🇳🇬 won the Man of the match (MOTM)🎗️, went home with the ball.
And Ademola Lookman🇳🇬 and Atalanta🇬🇺🇮🇹 won the trophy and the gold medals, their efforts crowned.
🏆 🥇 👑

You are a very good analyst, you poured out my mind, that Atlanta team are fire, most especially if Ademola is there...

You just described them without adding and subtracting

7 Likes

Re: Lookman Makes History, Hits Hat-trick As Atalanta Win Europa League Trophy by colossus91(m): 9:22am On May 23
He should win Africa best too cos he has been awesome
This year!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lookman Makes History, Hits Hat-trick As Atalanta Win Europa League Trophy by yinkkus: 9:22am On May 23
wunmi590:

You are a very good analyst, you poured out my mind, that Atlanta team are fire, most especially if Ademola is there...

You just described them without adding and subtracting

God Bless you Wunmi...

3 Likes

Re: Lookman Makes History, Hits Hat-trick As Atalanta Win Europa League Trophy by peterboro: 9:23am On May 23
When God wants to lift you.
He doesn't take permission from anybody.

This is really an incredible history. See how happiness full my body seeing a Nigerian being lifted and celebrated for a great history.

Congratulations Lookman.

12 Likes

Re: Lookman Makes History, Hits Hat-trick As Atalanta Win Europa League Trophy by Barrylord4040: 9:24am On May 23
This was his third final this year,thank God he finally won this

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lookman Makes History, Hits Hat-trick As Atalanta Win Europa League Trophy by wunmi590(m): 9:26am On May 23
OriOko88:
cool

Don't mind them, they just wanted him at all cost..

Though he was born in UK 🇬🇧 his father is rich and from Lagos island, he has an hotel in Lagos island and very popular, one of my mum family house is clos3 to his hotel

9 Likes

Re: Lookman Makes History, Hits Hat-trick As Atalanta Win Europa League Trophy by iLoveYouToo(m): 9:27am On May 23

2 Likes

Re: Lookman Makes History, Hits Hat-trick As Atalanta Win Europa League Trophy by wunmi590(m): 9:27am On May 23
yinkkus:

God Bless you Wunmi...

cool

1 Like

Re: Lookman Makes History, Hits Hat-trick As Atalanta Win Europa League Trophy by AngelicBeing: 9:28am On May 23
yinkkus:
Atalanta & Ademola Lookman massacred Bayer Leverkusen.....grin grin.
I knew Atalanta were capable, I study their tactics.
They love to play a team like this that open up well and attack e g Liverpool, Leverkusen, Marseille.
They will give you the possession but remain compact only for them to give you a reactive and decisive football.
You may have all the possession but that shot on goal and other important decisive moments matter to them a lot.
I just dey laugh 😄😃 when average poll from several polls give them just over 25% chance of winning.
Una don see now, dey don silent una...not just 1 but 3 goals that's tactical master class.
With our "home boy" Ademola Lookman setting a record as the first player to score a hat-trick (3 goals) in a Europa League final, that's so much joy for me and others like me.

Europa League Final 2023/2024 Season.
Aviva Stadium, Dublin, Republic of Ireland🇮🇪.

Atalanta 🇬🇺🇮🇹 - 3 vs Bayer Leverkusen 🇦🇱🇩🇪 - 0

Ademola Lookman🇳🇬 scored all the 3 goals ⚽⚽⚽
Ademola Lookman🇳🇬 won the Man of the match (MOTM)🎗️, went home with the ball.
And Ademola Lookman🇳🇬 and Atalanta🇬🇺🇮🇹 won the trophy and the gold medals, their efforts crowned.
🏆 🥇 👑
grin

1 Like

Re: Lookman Makes History, Hits Hat-trick As Atalanta Win Europa League Trophy by gfelo(m): 9:28am On May 23
I wish you scored this hat-trick in nation Cup final

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lookman Makes History, Hits Hat-trick As Atalanta Win Europa League Trophy by Pennilessword1: 9:28am On May 23
Watch how Nigerians would turn this to tribalistic crap now. Oh, that have even started .
Re: Lookman Makes History, Hits Hat-trick As Atalanta Win Europa League Trophy by porthouse7(f): 9:30am On May 23
Wonder boy, our new star boy

5 Likes

Re: Lookman Makes History, Hits Hat-trick As Atalanta Win Europa League Trophy by Tradepunter2: 9:31am On May 23
Starzo:
How come this is not on the front page?

Suen congrats, you and your idiotic mods have turned your forum to rubbish

AS IN THIS FORUM IS NONSENSE...... ANY THING ANTI ISRAEL THEY PUSH TO FRONTPAGE VERY QUICK...... ANYTHING ANTI AMERICA THEY PUSH..... ANYTHING PROPAGANDA THEY PUSH.....

SOMETHING THAT WILL MAKE US CELEBRATE AS A PEOPLE..... THEY DONT

POOR FORUM, BACKWARD FORUM THAT ONLY ENCOURAGES FIGHT AND I AM READY TO MAKE IT AS USELESS AS ITS CHOSEN TO BE USELESS
Re: Lookman Makes History, Hits Hat-trick As Atalanta Win Europa League Trophy by Yampotatocarrot(m): 9:32am On May 23
Watching yesterday's match, I wonder how Bayern got to the final... It was just ticki-tacka they were playing... Disrupt their one-two and they start running around like headless chicken...

There was nothing really special about the Bayern team, maybe their style of playing is new to their league, that's why they won... I'm sure by next season, other teams would have known how to handle them

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Danry Vasquez Caught Beating His Girlfriend (Video) / Ronaldo Becomes First Player To Score At Least 50 Goals In 3 Different Leagues / Zidane Phones Mourinho, Says He’s Not Plotting Anything Behind His Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.