Stats: 3,165,971 members, 7,863,457 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:11 PM

Sanusi Reinstated As Emir Of Kano, Bayero Dethroned - Leadership - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi Reinstated As Emir Of Kano, Bayero Dethroned - Leadership (61370 Views)

Joseph Nwobike Beats EFCC At The Supreme Court, Gets Reinstated As SAN / Amara Iwuayanwu Reinstated As Deputy Speaker Of Imo House Of Assembly / Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanusi Reinstated As Emir Of Kano, Bayero Dethroned - Leadership by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 2:40pm On May 23
DeepSight:

Good for you, but perhaps you started this habit late in life, otherwise you would have known that the first consolidation excercise (which increased the minimum capital of banks and reduced the number of banks from about a hundred to just 25) was carried out by Soludo.

As for newspapers, I started buying them everyday when I was 13 years old with my school pocket money.

Not only was I old enough, I worked on some of the mergers involved as a lawyer.

What you see there is the illegal rescue of banks carried out by Sanusi and some of the consolidations that also happened during his time. The first and main consolidation was carried out by Soludo.

Sanusi did allow his religious leanings to affect his duties, and aside from this, you might not be aware that there is a case of murder in which he is alleged to have been involved, jailed by Sani Abacha for, and later quietly released. The murder was an Islamic extremist case. Google Gideon Akaluka and Sanusi Lamido.

This is nice.

I stated the fact that Sanusi carried out consolidations, and that piqued my interest in him.
I was simply interested in the consolidation he carried out.

Whether Soludo or any other person did so prior or later, was not part of my submission and I am under no obligation to reference their achievements because its immaterial.

I would read up on Akaluka, but I would like to know why you term his consolidation drive as illegal.
Re: Sanusi Reinstated As Emir Of Kano, Bayero Dethroned - Leadership by Almaigaa: 2:41pm On May 23
OriOko88:
So na legislative act dey depose Emir for north.

I doubt if hausas even get culture. Cos it wasn't that far that they were islamized by Dan fodio. Just 1803 or so. What titles did their Kings bear before those jihad periods undecided undecided undecided

Yoruba culture for Life!! Cant imagine an Ooni or Awujale being deposed by a legislative bill.

For almost over three years counting now,Oyo never get Alafin. Atari ajanaku..kii seru omode cool

For East na IPOB terrorist dey deposed Kings. Obi of Onitsha and other first class kings for East don run away from East. All of them dey Kaduna dey show loyalty to their Northern masters grin

Re: Sanusi Reinstated As Emir Of Kano, Bayero Dethroned - Leadership by PHIPEX(m): 2:43pm On May 23
MartinCorridon:

What's amusing is Easterners are more interested in Emirs ruling in Kano than Northerners themselves.

Stockholm Syndrome? Slave - Master relationship? grin

What's funnier is I wish they knew what how he sees them... Gideon Akaluka might be a clue grin
The common trait of a coward is hidding behind a shadow, scared of standing alone.

The fear in you makes it difficult for you to support Gandola or Sanusi. You have to attack people who don't know about your existence

Re: Sanusi Reinstated As Emir Of Kano, Bayero Dethroned - Leadership by Akpakomiza2: 2:43pm On May 23
MartinCorridon:

Feelers. He's around. wink

Let me say something. What you hear from the drivers in MoH = what you will still hear in Government House.

Hausa are the worst keepers of secrets. grin

His return is bad.
Re: Sanusi Reinstated As Emir Of Kano, Bayero Dethroned - Leadership by Brushstrokes20: 2:44pm On May 23
# gandollar in the mud πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ€£πŸ˜…πŸ˜„πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜€
Good riddance to a stupid nonsense! πŸ”ŠπŸ”ŠπŸ“’πŸ“’πŸ’―πŸ’―πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Re: Sanusi Reinstated As Emir Of Kano, Bayero Dethroned - Leadership by DeepSight(m): 2:45pm On May 23
DIVINEEVIDENCE:

I would read up on Akaluka, but I would like to know why you term his consolidation drive as illegal.

Its not the consolidation I said is illegal. Its the forced bail outs given to banks. He printed N620 Billion to do that. Under the laws of Nigeria, all monies, no matter how sourced (even by printing) first accrue to the Consolidated Revenue Fund and can only be used thereafter according to law, either as per the constitution or under appropriation by the legislature. Sanusi ignored this, and this was very illegal.

He was actually summoned by the NASS over this, but he used his gift of the garb to blow the nincompoops away.

Bank bail outs were carried out in many countries of the world during the same period and each and every country obtained legislative approval first. Nigeria was the only exception.
Re: Sanusi Reinstated As Emir Of Kano, Bayero Dethroned - Leadership by Akpakomiza2: 2:45pm On May 23
Racoon:
Congratulations emir Sanusi Lamido Sanusi. Power is really transient. All the illegalities of Gandollar in Kano State are just being unbundled. Same way the ill effects the APC have inflicted on our nation life will be broken as a yoke.

Sanusi being emir originally was an illegality
Re: Sanusi Reinstated As Emir Of Kano, Bayero Dethroned - Leadership by Smartcitizen: 2:46pm On May 23
MartinCorridon:

What's amusing is Easterners are more interested in Emirs ruling in Kano than Northerners themselves.

Stockholm Syndrome? Slave - Master relationship? grin

What's funnier is I wish they knew what how he sees them... Gideon Akaluka might be a clue grin

What about the victims of WHERE ARE THE COW?
Re: Sanusi Reinstated As Emir Of Kano, Bayero Dethroned - Leadership by nesphil(m): 2:46pm On May 23
Same with the President,
Not only State Governors.

clearcrystal:
Ha
Governors are the main problem in this Country.
I'm happy for SLS but it's obvious that the power governors have can make them decide anyone's faith in a state, this should be checked.
Re: Sanusi Reinstated As Emir Of Kano, Bayero Dethroned - Leadership by Akpakomiza2: 2:46pm On May 23
MartinCorridon:

Err... unfortunately from my knowledge, nothing really will change. He's eloquent, yes but more of a hypocrite.

We are good friends but he's older and richer so i know my boundaries.. He likes me being straightforward but I am not bold enough to stand toe to toe and expose hypocrisy grin

Abuse Almajiri but use Rolls Royce and live lavishly.

Abuse underage marriage but he did same.

Act like a Saint but definitely a p*ssy bandit. I can't say more.

Kano people are just happy because they feel the 2 impositions were reversed. But sadly nothing will change.

And SLS is returning with a less sharp tongue. tongue. Learnt his lessons.

PS : he was almost killed by Abacha. lipsrsealed

Sanusi was wrongly enthroned in the first place.they should have left the 5 Emirates with sanusi being emir of Kano
Re: Sanusi Reinstated As Emir Of Kano, Bayero Dethroned - Leadership by DSpokesMan(m): 2:46pm On May 23
clearcrystal:
Ha
Governors are the main problem in this Country.
I'm happy for SLS but it's obvious that the power governors have can make them decide anyone's faith in a state, this should be checked.

Well said chief.

It's unfortunate we have powerful individuals and weak institutions in Nigeria.

The enormous powers by Governors has also been a major contentious issue regarding State Policing. I wonder when we would get it right
Re: Sanusi Reinstated As Emir Of Kano, Bayero Dethroned - Leadership by Akpakomiza2: 2:47pm On May 23
MartinCorridon:

That ambassador thing is to push him out of sight while indirectly spite Kano folks because of their love of Hajj. cheesy

Tinubu won't do that to a key ally
Re: Sanusi Reinstated As Emir Of Kano, Bayero Dethroned - Leadership by LagosFc: 2:47pm On May 23
Ofunaofu:

LagosFc, Please channel your frustrations and misery towards Tinubu, whose calamitous economic policies are responsible for it.
you are the one lamenting, not everyone is suffering grin

Re: Sanusi Reinstated As Emir Of Kano, Bayero Dethroned - Leadership by Jman06(m): 2:48pm On May 23
Akpakomiza2:

The best thing was to retain the 5 emirates and appoint him as one of the Emirs
That's not the best thing!

The Kano emirate was more powerful and influencial as a single emirate. Splitting it only reduced the influence! It's better single while the other four become district chiefdoms with their district chiefs.
Re: Sanusi Reinstated As Emir Of Kano, Bayero Dethroned - Leadership by Akpakomiza2: 2:49pm On May 23
Okwyjesus:

Sanusi is Alex Otti friend.

Aside Sanusi is very smart and the kind of northener l look to listen to.

Am glad he is back. That's for me

It's a bad move
Re: Sanusi Reinstated As Emir Of Kano, Bayero Dethroned - Leadership by Jayhome24: 2:49pm On May 23
Great news!!!

Re: Sanusi Reinstated As Emir Of Kano, Bayero Dethroned - Leadership by Akpakomiza2: 2:50pm On May 23
Bimpe29:
God is absolutely in charge of human affairs and He does what He will at His own time.

Congratulations Emir Sanusi Lamido Sanusi!

Are you from kano
Re: Sanusi Reinstated As Emir Of Kano, Bayero Dethroned - Leadership by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 2:51pm On May 23
DeepSight:

Its not the consolidation I said is illegal. Its the forced bail outs given to banks. He printed N620 Billion to do that. Under the laws of Nigeria, all monies, no matter how sourced (even by printing) first accrue to the Consolidated Revenue Fund and can only be used thereafter according to law, either as per the constitution or under appropriation by the legislature. Sanusi ignored this, and this was very illegal.

He was actually summoned by the NASS over this, but he used his gift of the garb to blow the nincompoops away.

Bank bail outs were carried out in many countries of the world during the same period and each and every country obtained legislative approval first. Nigeria was the only exception.

I'll read up on this.
Re: Sanusi Reinstated As Emir Of Kano, Bayero Dethroned - Leadership by Fearurcreeator: 2:52pm On May 23
Ofunaofu:

It will surely be dismantled, and Nigeria will be back to its pride of place amongst the comity of nations.Β 
Like he turned Anambra to Dubai... Dey play go. . Lolzzz

Re: Sanusi Reinstated As Emir Of Kano, Bayero Dethroned - Leadership by Handsum64: 2:52pm On May 23
BigkokoRep:
Just like how PO will dismantle the illegalities of the present regime! Ohh come 2027....
Mumu still dey smell

Re: Sanusi Reinstated As Emir Of Kano, Bayero Dethroned - Leadership by Akpakomiza2: 2:54pm On May 23
Jman06:
That's not the best thing!

The Kano emirate was more powerful and influencial as a single emirate. Splitting it only reduced the influence! It's better single while the other four become district chiefdoms with their district chiefs.

Oga,we are operating a federal system and we are clamouring for restructuring.we need to devolve power and not over concentrate things.cant you see that creating more Emirates spread development,jobs etc.have you seen any state in the north with one single emir apart from the Sultan in sokoto? Are you aware that Rano and Bichi were Emirates before being subsumed under Kano? For the progress of Kano,let it be divided.stop looking at the height of power.it is like calling for regionalism when we should be creating more states.

Re: Sanusi Reinstated As Emir Of Kano, Bayero Dethroned - Leadership by LyfeJennings(m): 2:56pm On May 23
BigkokoRep:
Just like how PO will dismantle the illegalities of the present regime! Ohh come 2027....

Dey play
Re: Sanusi Reinstated As Emir Of Kano, Bayero Dethroned - Leadership by AbujaLagos: 2:57pm On May 23
SultanOfPuna:
I See The Same Thing Happening to Peter Obi

This I have seen..
pms is different to cng

Re: Sanusi Reinstated As Emir Of Kano, Bayero Dethroned - Leadership by Christistruth00: 2:58pm On May 23
BigkokoRep:

Peter Obi will be President of Biafra
Simon Ekpa will be his Deputy

It is Dave Umahi than can become President of Nigeria in Future especially after he Completes the Lagos Calabar Highway successfully

Elections are not Religious War

Re: Sanusi Reinstated As Emir Of Kano, Bayero Dethroned - Leadership by Timothy89(m): 3:00pm On May 23
Ofunaofu:

It will surely be dismantled, and Nigeria will be back to its pride of place amongst the comity of nations.Β 

Why was Anambra pride not back amongst the state of the nations?

Hyping mediocre

Emir of Kano na Kwankwanso man, he will never criticize this present governor because na their party, govt of padi padi
Re: Sanusi Reinstated As Emir Of Kano, Bayero Dethroned - Leadership by Didi2d(m): 3:01pm On May 23
MartinCorridon:

Can you work in the North? Qualifications?

O level also bsc in communication
Re: Sanusi Reinstated As Emir Of Kano, Bayero Dethroned - Leadership by OniyideAmplify(m): 3:06pm On May 23
OriOko88:
So na legislative act dey depose Emir for north.

I doubt if hausas even get culture. Cos it wasn't that far that they were islamized by Dan fodio. Just 1803 or so. What titles did their Kings bear before those jihad periods undecided undecided undecided

Yoruba culture for Life!! Cant imagine an Ooni or Awujale being deposed by a legislative bill.

For almost over three years counting now,Oyo never get Alafin. Atari ajanaku..kii seru omode cool
Huhhh kii se eru omode rara baba mi.. I can't imagine Adeleke to be deciding who to be and who not to be Ooni or Makinde to be deciding who to be and who not to be the Alaafin in the presence of all the Royal houses in Yoruba land.

I'm very sure they would be careful not to be cursed. Yoruba lagba
Re: Sanusi Reinstated As Emir Of Kano, Bayero Dethroned - Leadership by akaahs(m): 3:10pm On May 23
Zulu11zulu:
All this illegal immigrants draging awusa land should vacate the land to the original owner
The Hausas aren't complaining. They ll rather eat and drink with there perceived oppressors than to fight for their freedom.
Re: Sanusi Reinstated As Emir Of Kano, Bayero Dethroned - Leadership by Galadimabawa: 3:13pm On May 23
Good to hear, what gandoller do that year was not pert of human behavior.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Cambridge University Provides More Details On Buhari’s WASC Results / Supreme Court Judges Shake Osinbajo's Hand (Photos) / Governor Ganduje Converting A Christian Girl To Islam (Video)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50