Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,759 members, 7,862,485 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 05:54 PM

Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano (53487 Views)

DSS Director, Top Security Chiefs Meet With Deposed Emir, Aminu Ado Bayero / Kano: Governor Yusuf Orders Arrest Of Deposed Emir, Aminu Ado Bayero / Dethroned Emir, Aminu Ado Bayero Arrives Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by Kobicove(m): 9:48pm On May 23
JAMO84:
I am more concerned with the direction of the state's government under Abba. I cannot see anything he has done since 2023, spent the last one year on vengeance, I don't know when he plans to actually govern the State properly.

The guy is a bit of an idiot
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by stevups(m): 9:48pm On May 23
Emeskhalifa:
But let's get something straight here, so let's say after 8yrs and opposition wins governor election in Kano and decided to revisit this case, won't SLS be dethroned again and this very one reinstated?

Na so e go continue nah..Kanostrophic already
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by Solababa91(m): 9:48pm On May 23
Traditional rulers should learn to play non-partisan politics or not be involved in politics at all. That is the only way they can preserve their dignity and reverence, as it was for Sanusi so it is for Bayero. If Ganduje eventually grabs power by proxy, I expect a reversal of this action.

1 Like

Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by ObiaboAdoka(m): 9:49pm On May 23
Amir S.L. Sanusi was loved by the masses. He was there for everyone both d rich nd d poor. I could remember wen Amir Sanusi stood for a peasant farmer whom a rich man wanted claiming his land in Ganduje village in dawakin Tofa LGA. Amir Sanusi ordered d rich man to pay a fine of 100k to d farmer for d 2 slap he gave d farmer.
Amir Sanusi was instrumental for girl child education in d north. He was against Almajiri nd Street begging wic did not go well with d elites. Creating new Emirates is very expensive compare to having an Emir nd Hakimis to run d traditional stools in kano state. Ganduje will soon go into political oblivion.
Allah ya ja zamanin ka Amir Sanusi Lamido Sanusi sarkin kano.
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by Kay25(m): 9:50pm On May 23
This is wrong na
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by prophetfire: 9:50pm On May 23
immortalcrown:
What goes around comes around.

The evil you support against someone today will not spare you tomorrow.
I was disappointed that Bayero in particular accepted the throne from Ganduje.
I expected him in particular to reject Ganduje's ill-conceived gift knowing full well that he dethroned Sanusi in a wrong manner.
When men of character turn to opportunists.

2 Likes

Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by 4ward4: 9:54pm On May 23
God1000:
Wow, all I can say is that I am happy for emir Sanusi, he was unjustly removed
Happy in what sense ? Ganduja a man of wisdom could see through all what a single Emir had financially. You could remember the major reason for dethronment was more of financial recklessness.
The finances was centralized on just on Emir.
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by BondRiv: 9:55pm On May 23
With someone like me as the president, these governors will abide by every single thing in the constitution, down to the adminstration of the local governments.

48 hours, yet someone is not allowed to pack his personal belongings? Where is that power to restrict him from?

Some of these actions have no legal backing. Which is why, should the number one man in the country decide to be interested, everything will change and it will be seen from the lens of the ignorant as oppression.

Ganduje started this particular nonsense in Kano.

Anyways, leave it to Nigerian politicians, especially the governors to politicize every institution in the country.

1 Like

Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by benjaminlawson(m): 9:56pm On May 23
Our politicians needed to examine themselves and be very careful, the way they are misbehaving are beyond is young human comprehension. See what they have turned our royal fathers to, one dethroned another enthroned, why must they be subjected to this type of treatment. If care is not taken, another governor may also come and dethrone him again. Our royal fathers are esteem individual in our society, they must not continuously be subjected to molestation by any governor.
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by dicksonohm(m): 10:01pm On May 23
What he has done is part of what he should do as a governor.
Stop crying! 🤣🤣🤣
JAMO84:
I am more concerned with the direction of the state's government under Abba. I cannot see anything he has done since 2023, spent the last one year on vengeance, I don't know when he plans to actually govern the State properly.
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by LagosSuperStar: 10:02pm On May 23
Politics and kingship
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by P1PrinceKT(m): 10:05pm On May 23
immortalcrown:

But let me use this opportunity to address religious bigots. If what is happening in Kano now is about Bishops or pastors, the bigots will condemn Christianity and say that Christianity is a white man's weapon to destroy Africa. Can you now see that Africans are the problem? The same religion changing Emirs in Kano is peaceful in UAE. So, stop blaming religion. Humans are the ones abusing religion. Religion does not abuse itself.
Emir has nothing to do with Religion, it was a method of the leadership of the Hausa kingdom even before the arrival of Islam in Nigeria.
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by Cajal(m): 10:05pm On May 23
immortalcrown:

But let me use this opportunity to address religious bigots. If what is happening in Kano now is about Bishops or pastors, the bigots will condemn Christianity and say that Christianity is a white man's weapon to destroy Africa. Can you now see that Africans are the problem? The same religion changing Emirs in Kano is peaceful in UAE.
You missed it
Did they say the enthronement and dethronement were according to Islamic injunction or Kano emirate laws
Always learn to analyze according to the context

If it's all about chief Imam or sultan then that sounds Islamic
Anyway enjoy
Politics sent haim away and then politics brought him back
He will regret it
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by LegendHero(m): 10:07pm On May 23
Kukutente23:

Rather, this is an abuse of politics and a legacy of the colonial govt.

The traditional stools should either be banned or removed from under the control of politicians.

This makes no sense

It is what it is. Traditional stools all around the world are losing their independence and command except in some extremely conservative countries.

So while it make no sense that a governor can just suddenly depose a king, the fact still remains that they are by law under the LG and that gives the politician the power to decide their existence.

They already destroyed it. They are just kings by title alone.

1 Like

Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by JetStar: 10:10pm On May 23
All these Emirs don dey look like LG chairmen for my eye.

So na executive dey appoint them like they're commisioners? 🤣🤣🤣
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by P1PrinceKT(m): 10:11pm On May 23
Babangidapikin:
Premium Wahala what if he doesn't have any house outside Kano...The Government should at least provide accommodation in Abuja for him ...
The Emirate's House is government property so it's expected for every King to have another (Personal) house outside his kingdom in case of exile or situations like that.
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by beejay85: 10:11pm On May 23
Babangidapikin:
Premium Wahala what if he doesn't have any house outside Kano...The Government should at least provide accommodation in Abuja for him ...
let him follow Ekene Dili Chukwu Night bus from Abuja to Kano so that trouble can be averted...Shikena shocked
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by 3seriez(m): 10:13pm On May 23
JAMO84:

If you can't see, we on ground can see little steps. 8 years of Ganduje was a great disaster for Kano, and we hope never to see his type again in power. 🙏🏾
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by immortalcrown(m): 10:22pm On May 23
Cajal:

You missed it
Did they say the enthronement and dethronement were according to Islamic injunction or Kano emirate laws
Always learn to analyze according to the context

If it's all about chief Imam or sultan then that sounds Islamic
Anyway enjoy
Politics sent haim away and then politics brought him back
He will regret it
Emir is an Arabic word. Ask yourself how Arabic language gets to the northern Nigeria.
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by immortalcrown(m): 10:22pm On May 23
P1PrinceKT:
Emir has nothing to do with Religion, it was a method of the leadership of the Hausa kingdom even before the arrival of Islam in Nigeria.
Emir is an Arabic word. Ask yourself how Arabic language gets to the northern Nigeria.
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by cooljude(m): 10:25pm On May 23
Emu4life:
The British desecrated our Traditional institutions while revering theirs.

Unfortunately, we still cannot dump their hypocritical disposition and adopt ours that will ultimately make our traditional institutions respectable again.

Africa, oh! Africa??

Absolute monarchy is oppressive and regressive..... I prefer a functional democracy.
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by successman100: 10:27pm On May 23
Bayero or Bairrow doesn't need a car to go home from the kano Airport man.
He can manage his Bairrow home.
Instead of tracking Abi?
No more buying fuel.
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by GEJDHERO: 10:27pm On May 23
Mrsoft3:
Next election in Kano is going to be bloddy
On the contrary there would be peace nd tranquility
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by teadrake(m): 10:28pm On May 23
JAMO84:
I can tell you the man is not ready for governance. No meaningful development since he assumed the seat of power in the state. Very pathetic!!
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by Johnson5258: 10:31pm On May 23
The house is working on removing the law that gave the governor power to depose the emir, it's the second time such is happening. So, they are cutting it from the grassroot.

Emeskhalifa:
But let's get something straight here, so let's say after 8yrs and opposition wins governor election in Kano and decided to revisit this case, won't SLS be dethroned again and this very one reinstated?

1 Like

Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by piriton: 10:33pm On May 23
Politicians are foolish all the time
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by chccho(m): 10:34pm On May 23
ElevationD:
Did he consent to treat Sanusi poorly when he was deposed by Ganduje?
Nope he didn't, infact i think he granted sls some special rites back
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by Trustyourself: 10:35pm On May 23
ElevationD:
Did he consent to treat Sanusi poorly when he was deposed by Ganduje?

Why did he accept to be used against a traditionally crowned Emir.

What comes around, goes around...
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by chccho(m): 10:38pm On May 23
LegendHero:

It is what it is. Traditional stools all around the world are losing their independence and command except in some extremely conservative countries.

So while it make no sense that a governor can just suddenly depose a king, the fact still remains that they are by law under the LG and that gives the politician the power to decide their existence.

Point of correction, monarchs are not under LG but the SG
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by Kukutente23: 10:39pm On May 23
LegendHero:

It is not true that the phenomenon with traditional institutions as experienced in Nigeria is the same all over the world. It is actually the other way round. Nigeria's case is an anomaly bequeathed to us by the British who subjugated the kings when they took control of the country through their system of indirect rule. It is an anomaly. All over the world, royal institutions are more ceremonial and divorced from govt functioning and control.
The traditional stools are under the LG by law. So why is the governor the appointing authority? You see the anomaly now?
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by Kukutente23: 10:41pm On May 23
chccho:

Point of correction, monarchs are not under LG but the SG
You see? This man thinks monarchs are under the state govt control because that's the prevailing order even though according to our constitution they are under the LG
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by Kukutente23: 10:44pm On May 23
P1PrinceKT:
Not true. Hausa word for King is Sarki not Emir. Emir is an Arabic word

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Meets George Weah, Liberian President-Elect / 10 Nigerian States That Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation - TheCableIndex / Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.