Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,200 members, 7,867,488 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 04:58 PM

Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano (53526 Views)

DSS Director, Top Security Chiefs Meet With Deposed Emir, Aminu Ado Bayero / Kano: Governor Yusuf Orders Arrest Of Deposed Emir, Aminu Ado Bayero / Dethroned Emir, Aminu Ado Bayero Arrives Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by 2mch(m): 3:05am On May 24
Paparazi2011:
Ok
Bi tenikan o ba baje,tenikan o le da
It never works o. If you spoil another person own, your own too go spoil e no go last as we are seeing. Leave people thing and pursue your own.
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by bjnice(m): 4:27am On May 24
Mrsoft3:
Next election in Kano is going to be bloddy

Spot on. The intrigue will be mad. Because Sanusi will be bold in his support for NNNP government and that will not seat well with many power brokers in the state.
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by JAMO84: 4:50am On May 24
CorrectionFLuid:

Ganduje is about to be set aside and nnpp merged into APC. You will make a 180 turn when not if Abba and kwankwaso aligns with Tinubu.
I will not make any degree turn, unless he gives me good governance. Kano is my State of residence, I am not interested in any useless party politics.
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by Odidigboigbo(m): 4:50am On May 24
BondRiv:
With someone like me as the president, these governors will abide by every single thing in the constitution, down to the adminstration of the local governments.

48 hours, yet someone is not allowed to pack his personal belongings? Where is that power to restrict him from?

Some of these actions have no legal backing. Which is why, should the number man in the country decide to be interested, everything will change and it will be seen from the lens of the ignorant as oppression.

Ganduje started this particular nonsense in Kano.

Anyways, leave it to Nigerian politicians, especially the governors to politicize every institution in the country.
unfortunately, a President has no control over a Governor, we operate a Federal System of Government, each state that makes up the federating unit is an entity of a whole. A President has no power to detect to a governor what and what not to do.
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by vibratingpenis: 5:05am On May 24
immortalcrown:
What goes around comes around.

The evil you support against someone today will not spare you tomorrow.

But let me use this opportunity to address religious bigots. Islam is causing chaos with enthronement and dethronement of Emirs in Kano. But Islam is peaceful in UAE. The Christianity causing problems in Nigeria is peaceful in western countries. Can you now understand that humans are the problem? Stop blaming religion. Religion does not abuse itself. Humans are the ones abusing religion. If what is happening in Kano now is about Bishops or pastors, the bigots will condemn Christianity and say that Christianity is a white man's weapon to destroy Africa.

Those quoting and telling me that Emir is not about Islam do not know that Emir is an Arabic word. Ask yourself how Arabic language gets to the northern Nigeria. Or, is there a Christian Emir?

We use what is written in their holy books to judge, what the progenitor of the religion did when he was alive, one was busy raping women up and down, where one was preaching of love, so you see you are trying to defend islam subtly but failed.
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by vibratingpenis: 5:06am On May 24
JAMO84:
I am more concerned with the direction of the state's government under Abba. I cannot see anything he has done since 2023, spent the last one year on vengeance, I don't know when he plans to actually govern the State properly.

because he is dealing with your gandollar the crooked imbec|le
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by vibratingpenis: 5:08am On May 24
Emu4life:
The British desecrated our Traditional institutions while revering theirs.

Unfortunately, we still cannot dump their hypocritical disposition and adopt ours that will ultimately make our traditional institutions respectable again.

Africa, oh! Africa??

Keep blaming those who has been helping all your lives, forgetting that it was islam that did most harm to the country, keep shifting blames, people of peace.
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by Berankis: 5:15am On May 24
JAMO84:
I am more concerned with the direction of the state's government under Abba. I cannot see anything he has done since 2023, spent the last one year on vengeance, I don't know when he plans to actually govern the State properly.
Sometimes, you might have to correct a lot of ills from the past to be able to move forward positively else they become obstacles for you.

1 Like

Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by Resonance2019: 5:23am On May 24
JAMO84:
At least he has reinstated the unlawfully and unjustly deposed Emir of Kano, Lamido Sanusi ll
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by tunde1200(m): 5:43am On May 24
Kwara own is a different because they both own that state.

MrIcredible:
grin

Why ban him?
What did he do wrong?

It's so funny and unbelievable that Kano State, a State that's predominantly occupied by HAUSA PEOPLE, and the only prominent state with high population of HAUSA PEOPLE is ruled and controlled by a few FOOL ANI people.
Same thing in Kwara where the Afonjàs have allowed fool ani occupiers to install Emir, instead of Oba of Ilorin or Kwara....

Shame on Hausa people.
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by Galadimabawa: 5:48am On May 24
he should go to gandoller State
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by Successlane: 6:05am On May 24
JAMO84:
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by sevenhundred(m): 6:12am On May 24
JAMO84:
Kano has been my state of residence since 2013. I am currently working in Lagos, but my family is still in Kano. I visit every 3 months. I am proudly from Osun State though.
good, maybe you are not familiar with the development in the state, I always visit kano regularly for business purposes.
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by immortalcrown(m): 6:13am On May 24
P1PrinceKT:
Emir would be considered a foreign version of the name that replaced the Original name but the locals still pronounce it as Sarki today.
That doesn't validate it as an Islamic king but rather a Hausa king. Have you ever heard of the Emir of Saudi?
Sarki is not what is presented in the news. Emir is what is presented in the news. I discussed what is presented in the news.
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by adanny01(m): 6:43am On May 24
Mrsoft3:
Next election in Kano is going to be bloddy

You will be surprised.

Remember, Ganduje did a lot of manipulation and strong arming to win his second tenure in 2019. One of the people who made it difficult for him was Sanusi hence the dethronement.

This governor won fair and square, this move is a consolidation.

If you look at the demolitions, there is no one building that is demolished that is not known to be on government land. Majority are in support, those who are crying foul are either the beneficiaries and supporters of Ganduje or those who see the buildings going down as waste of resources.

1 Like

Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by cuteboy2: 7:22am On May 24
If he doesn't have a house outside Kano, that means he has become an automatic Almajiri Emir. Chai this life no balance at all.

Maybe they should allow him to squat in one of those almajiri classrooms at Abuja or Nasarrawa built by President Goodluck Jonathan which has remained abandoned because the Emirs instructed thier people not to attend those schools.

Babangidapikin:
Premium Wahala what if he doesn't have any house outside Kano...The Government should at least provide accommodation in Abuja for him ...
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by Pain(m): 7:40am On May 24
immortalcrown:

But let me use this opportunity to address religious bigots. Islam is causing chaos with enthronement and dethronement of Emirs in Kano. But Islam is peaceful in UAE. The Christianity causing problems in Nigeria is peaceful in western countries. Can you now understand that humans are the problem? Stop blaming religion. Religion does not abuse itself. Humans are the ones abusing religion. If what is happening in Kano now is about Bishops or pastors, the bigots will condemn Christianity and say that Christianity is a white man's weapon to destroy Africa.

Those quoting and telling me that Emir is not about Islam do not know that Emir is an Arabic word. Ask yourself how Arabic language gets to the northern Nigeria. Or, is there a Christian Emir?

It's like blaming a man for taking slow poison. Reflect on it ...
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by Dlimitless(m): 7:46am On May 24
JAMO84:
he paid the tuition fee of all Kano indigenes in BUK
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by essentialone(m): 8:37am On May 24
All Monarchs are totally irrelevant, and useless, in today's world
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by rhymesnoni(m): 9:38am On May 24
I fear for Kano, this sorts of policies should be condemn med in its entirety..
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by maasoap(m): 9:38am On May 24
immortalcrown:

You are the bigot here, it is just a shame that you don't realise it.
Governors are the ones installing these Emirs and removing them at will. You know very well that this more about politics and governance than religion.

Those quoting and telling me that Emir is not about Islam do not know that Emir is an Arabic word. Ask yourself how and why the Arabic language gets to the northern Nigeria. Or, is there a Christian Emir?
We have Obas in SW, they have Ezes and Obis in eastern region. Don't you think that whether Islam exists or not in the north, they too must have traditional rulers irrespective of whatever the name they choose to call it? You are a fvcking religious bigot
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by rhymesnoni(m): 9:40am On May 24
Kukutente23:

Rather, this is an abuse of politics and a legacy of the colonial govt.

The traditional stools should either be banned or removed from under the control of politicians.

This makes no sense

Exactly my point, the politicians have made mukery of our traditional institution
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by SenatePresdo(m): 9:43am On May 24
JAMO84:

The moment Tinubu starts governing the country properly.
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by immortalcrown(m): 9:45am On May 24
maasoap:
You are the bigot here, it is just a shame that you don't realise it.
Governors are the ones installing these Emirs and removing them at will. You know very well that this more about politics and governance than religion.
The last paragraph in my comment already addressed this point.

maasoap:
We have Obas in SW, they have Ezes and Obis in eastern region. Don't you think that whether Islam exists or not in the north, they too must have traditional rulers irrespective of whatever the name they choose to call it? You are a fvcking religious bigot
Oba is a yoruba word. Eze and Obi are igbo words. Emir is an arabic word, not an hausa word. Hausa has Sarki as traditional rulers. Sarki is an hausa word but Emir is not an hausa word. So, you have not proven me wrong.
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by rhymesnoni(m): 9:54am On May 24
wunmi590:

I'm not sure any governor be it opposition will re-visit it again..

Alot of Kano people knows that Sanusi was dethroned unjustly and the creation of new emir is not what they want, but they just wanted to support him a little just because he was the governor...

The majority are behind sanusi, because what he was done to him was bad, and the banishedment was what makes it worst..

In this modern world somebody should be banished from his state

If you dont know the traditional Institution SHUT up! deposed emeirs are banished from the land to avoid breakdwon of Laws and order. there cant be 2 kings in a jungle..
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by Emu4life(m): 10:00am On May 24
vibratingpenis:

Keep blaming those who has been helping all your lives, forgetting that it was islam that did most harm to the country, keep shifting blames, people of peace.

My comment has no Religion in it. From your Moniker, I can deduce the kind of Family you came from.
Unfortunately, I have no compassion to waste.
Stay away from my mention, you damaged soul.
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by Emu4life(m): 10:11am On May 24
cooljude:

Absolute monarchy is oppressive and regressive..... I prefer a functional democracy.

That's true. But why can't ours be like the English Royal family too.
When your tradition is bastardized by people who adores Thiers, it's an insult to your person.

In Nigeria, even LG Councilors are more powerful than First Class Kings. What kinda nonsense is that
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by Kukutente23: 11:07am On May 24
P1PrinceKT:

Emir would be considered a foreign version of the name that replaced the Original name but the locals still pronounce it as Sarki today.
That doesn't validate it as an Islamic king but rather a Hausa king. Have you ever heard of the Emir of Saudi?
There's Emir of Qatar, Sultan of Brunei, Emir of Kuwait. Emir simply means leader in Arabic
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by Kukutente23: 11:24am On May 24
LegendHero:

What I am telling you is that around most places in the world, the monarchy itself have lost the power and they are either ceremonial, completely abandoned, or exist just like a figurehead in most countries except conservative states.

So @the bolded, I don’t like crying over spilled milk and like talking about the reality. Even if the British never bastardize our traditional state, so far we have the constitutional democracy that never give them ability to wield any power, things will still be like this.

Yes, they are under LG. That make them still answerable to a body. Even if our democracy is perfect, the LG chairman still have the power to depose them. So whether it is the governor misusing his power or LG misusing it, the fact still remain that the law left the loophole.
You don't understand the point. It is not about losing power. It's about subservience. The king of England has no executive powers but is not subservient to the PM who is the Head of the govt.
Same for most European royals and even the Japanese.
In the case of Nigeria, as we both agree, the royals are subservient to the politicians which makes them more or less lackeys. Look at the king of Lagos for example. He actively supports APC but he's safe because he's supporting the right side. If PDP were to take over Lagos, what will become the fate of the king? Almost all royals in Lagos are lackeys of the APC machinery. That's what I'm talking about. The kingship needs to be divorced from political interference. Before the advent of colonialism, there was a well defined structure of emergence of these Kings. So that's what we need to institute back. Remove the process of our traditional institutions from political control as exists in other countries. Most of these royal stools have massive lands that they inherited. Those are veritable source of revenue that can sustain the royals. The subjugation of our traditional institution under the control of politicians is a colonial legacy which does not exist in their own country. It's an attack on culture which needs to be corrected
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by Ajehkpako4naija(f): 11:25am On May 24
illicit:
Asiwaju JAGABAN

💪
na jagaban reinstate am, mumuuu.
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by Kukutente23: 11:30am On May 24
Emu4life:

That's true. But why can't ours be like the English Royal family too.
When your tradition is bastardized by people who adores Thiers, it's an insult to your person.

In Nigeria, even LG Councilors are more powerful than First Class Kings. What kinda nonsense is that
Exactly the point I'm making LegendHero

The king of England and his Dukes and earls are not appointed by the PMs or the MPs. The order is based on old English culture. Why are we sustaining the colonial imperialism idea of subjecting our royals to political control?
It is wrong and needs to be done away with. That's why this idea of deposing Kings by politicians only exist in countries like Nigeria but you'll never see such in Europe or Japan even though their Kings have no executive powers as well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Buhari Sitting On An Old Chair In Daura. Nigerians React To Photo / Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? / Abbah Kyari Becomes The Youngest Assistant Commissioner Of Police In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.