Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,097 members, 7,867,155 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:29 AM

Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano (53520 Views)

DSS Director, Top Security Chiefs Meet With Deposed Emir, Aminu Ado Bayero / Kano: Governor Yusuf Orders Arrest Of Deposed Emir, Aminu Ado Bayero / Dethroned Emir, Aminu Ado Bayero Arrives Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by Bimpe29: 10:47pm On May 23
Such is life of a public office holder.
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by chccho(m): 10:50pm On May 23
Kukutente23:

You see? This man thinks monarchs are under the state govt control because that's the prevailing order even though according to our constitution they are under the LG
Pls can u point it out in the constitution to us?
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by ThiefnubuBandit(f): 10:52pm On May 23
JAMO84:
I am more concerned with the direction of the state's government under Abba. I cannot see anything he has done since 2023, spent the last one year on vengeance, I don't know when he plans to actually govern the State properly.

You can hug transformer if you're not comfortable with it.

1 Like

Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by Emeskhalifa(m): 10:53pm On May 23
Johnson5258:
The house is working on removing the law that gave the governor power to depose the emir, it's the second time such is happening. So, they are cutting it from the grassroot.

That will be nice

1 Like

Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by JAMO84: 11:01pm On May 23
sevenhundred:
are you in the state? Or from the state?
Kano has been my state of residence since 2013. I am currently working in Lagos, but my family is still in Kano. I visit every 3 months. I am proudly from Osun State though.
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by JAMO84: 11:05pm On May 23
Kobicove:

The guy is a bit of an idiot
A confirmed one so far, I hope he retraces his steps as soon as possible.
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by JAMO84: 11:10pm On May 23
Kobicove:

The guy is a bit of an idiot
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by Amayabor1: 11:15pm On May 23
immortalcrown:
What goes around comes around.

The evil you support against someone today will not spare you tomorrow.

But let me use this opportunity to address religious bigots. Islam is causing chaos with enthronement and dethronement of Emirs in Kano. But Islam is peaceful in UAE. The Christianity causing problems in Nigeria is peaceful in western countries. Can you now understand that humans are the problem? Stop blaming religion. Religion does not abuse itself. Humans are the ones abusing religion. If what is happening in Kano now is about Bishops or pastors, the bigots will condemn Christianity and say that Christianity is a white man's weapon to destroy Africa.

Those quoting and telling me that Emir is not about Islam do not know that Emir is an Arabic word. Ask yourself how Arabic language gets to the northern Nigeria. Or, is there a Christian Emir?

Which problems is Christianity causing in Nigeria?
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by Kukutente23: 11:16pm On May 23
chccho:

Pls can u point it out in the constitution to us?
Read second schedule to the constitution to see the exclusive and concurrent list.
Any matter not in the two lists is on the residual lists and traditional institutions fall under such
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by JAMO84: 11:17pm On May 23
ThiefnubuBandit:

You can hug transformer if you're not comfortable with it.
One thing I hate about this outdated forum is, there's no block button I can use on bags of deplorable like you. It's a tragedy that 10 plants have to die every day for sewage rats like you to take in some Oxygen. What a waste to the ecosystem.

1 Like

Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by immortalcrown(m): 11:17pm On May 23
Amayabor1:
Which problems is Christianity causing in Nigeria?
Pardon my manners. What I mean is that some Nigerians abuse Christianity in ways that constitute problems in Nigeria.
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by Abee79(m): 11:23pm On May 23
Truly, power is transient . . .
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by CorrectionFLuid: 11:36pm On May 23
JAMO84:
I am more concerned with the direction of the state's government under Abba. I cannot see anything he has done since 2023, spent the last one year on vengeance, I don't know when he plans to actually govern the State properly.

Ganduje is about to be set aside and nnpp merged into APC. You will make a 180 turn when not if Abba and kwankwaso aligns with Tinubu.
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by AreaFada2: 11:45pm On May 23
Emeskhalifa:
But let's get something straight here, so let's say after 8yrs and opposition wins governor election in Kano and decided to revisit this case, won't SLS be dethroned again and this very one reinstated?
Abeg, let him go chop another 3 years or 7 years emirship in peace first. He will cross the bridge when he gets there. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by Lexusgs430: 11:53pm On May 23
When he accepted the poisoned chalice from Ganduje........

He must have known consequences would befall him........😁🤣
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by ThiefnubuBandit(f): 11:54pm On May 23
JAMO84:
One thing I hate about this outdated forum is, there's no block button I can use on bags of deplorable like you. It's a tragedy that 10 plants have to die every day for sewage rats like you to take in some Oxygen. What a waste to the ecosystem.

Ogun strike your useless good for nothing cheap prostitute mother!!! Bastard!!!
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by LegendHero(m): 11:58pm On May 23
Kukutente23:

It is not true that the phenomenon with traditional institutions as experienced in Nigeria is the same all over the world. It is actually the other way round. Nigeria's case is an anomaly bequeathed to us by the British who subjugated the kings when they took control of the country through their system of indirect rule. It is an anomaly. All over the world, royal institutions are more ceremonial and divorced from govt functioning and control.
The traditional stools are under the LG by law. So why is the governor the appointing authority? You see the anomaly now?

What I am telling you is that around most places in the world, the monarchy itself have lost the power and they are either ceremonial, completely abandoned, or exist just like a figurehead in most countries except conservative states.

So @the bolded, I don’t like crying over spilled milk and like talking about the reality. Even if the British never bastardize our traditional state, so far we have the constitutional democracy that never give them ability to wield any power, things will still be like this.

Yes, they are under LG. That make them still answerable to a body. Even if our democracy is perfect, the LG chairman still have the power to depose them. So whether it is the governor misusing his power or LG misusing it, the fact still remain that the law left the loophole.

2 Likes

Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by LegendHero(m): 11:59pm On May 23
chccho:

Point of correction, monarchs are not under LG but the SG

Are you sure? Go and read the law again.

Traditional institutions are domiciled under the Local government.
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by Coronavirus1: 12:12am On May 24
Babangidapikin:
Premium Wahala what if he doesn't have any house outside Kano...The Government should at least provide accommodation in Abuja for him ...
Let Gaduje provide for him outside kanu state.

1 Like

Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by Omoawoke: 12:54am On May 24
Emu4life:
The British desecrated our Traditional institutions while revering theirs.

Unfortunately, we still cannot dump their hypocritical disposition and adopt ours that will ultimately make our traditional institutions respectable again.

Africa, oh! Africa??

The British contributed to at least 80% of the world’s problems.
British bastards
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by frog12: 1:06am On May 24
see as dem dey play monarchs like football grin grin grin
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by stephenponti(m): 1:24am On May 24
Babangidapikin:
Premium Wahala what if he doesn't have any house outside Kano...The Government should at least provide accommodation in Abuja for him ...

No accommodation was provided for Sanusi when he was deposed, it was late Access bank CEO Wigwe that paid for hotel apartment for Sanusi in lagos. Sanusi said this at Wigwe tribute speech.

1 Like

Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by odehaj: 1:33am On May 24
LibertyRep:
Traditional rulers are at the mercy of Governors.

What happens if Abba his party fails reelection in 2027?

Tor
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by NothingDoMe: 1:37am On May 24
immortalcrown:
What goes around comes around.

The evil you support against someone today will not spare you tomorrow.

But let me use this opportunity to address religious bigots. Islam is causing chaos with enthronement and dethronement of Emirs in Kano. But Islam is peaceful in UAE. The Christianity causing problems in Nigeria is peaceful in western countries. Can you now understand that humans are the problem? Stop blaming religion. Religion does not abuse itself. Humans are the ones abusing religion. If what is happening in Kano now is about Bishops or pastors, the bigots will condemn Christianity and say that Christianity is a white man's weapon to destroy Africa.

Those quoting and telling me that Emir is not about Islam do not know that Emir is an Arabic word. Ask yourself how Arabic language gets to the northern Nigeria. Or, is there a Christian Emir?
You're the first person I've seen to tie this issue to religion.

1 Like

Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by odehaj: 1:40am On May 24
When will they divid this country o God, we are tired of these nonsense in the north. Surely, if PDP wins 2027 or2031 they will dethrone SLS again..
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by DMerciful(m): 1:42am On May 24
State govt cannot prevent him from coming to Kano!

He is an indigene of Kano and has every constitutional right to return to his father's land
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by Golden2024: 1:44am On May 24
Kano is just trying to cause a serious unrest in that state... if the followers of Sanusi was peaceful after he was dethroned what makes them think bayern will be peaceful.. we just love wahala
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by P1PrinceKT(m): 2:25am On May 24
immortalcrown:
Emir is an Arabic word. Ask yourself how Arabic language gets to the northern Nigeria.
Emir would be considered a foreign version of the name that replaced the Original name but the locals still pronounce it as Sarki today.
That doesn't validate it as an Islamic king but rather a Hausa king. Have you ever heard of the Emir of Saudi?

1 Like

Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by P1PrinceKT(m): 2:26am On May 24
Kukutente23:

Not true. Hausa word for King is Sarki not Emir. Emir is an Arabic word
Emir would be considered a foreign version of the name that replaced the Original name but the locals still pronounce it as Sarki today.
That doesn't validate it as an Islamic king but rather a Hausa king. Have you ever heard of the Emir of Saudi?
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by khattab02: 2:46am On May 24
Mrsoft3:
Next election in Kano is going to be bloddy
Nothing like bloody.

Majority of kanolite are behind kwankwaso and against Ganduje.

Apc is gone in that state not with what emilokan is dishing at the Federal level
Re: Deposed Emir Aminu Bayero’s Convoy Withdrawn, Barred From Coming Back To Kano by 2mch(m): 3:04am On May 24
If I was Sanusi I will not accept it. He can be rubbished again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Governors-Elect Who Are Likely To Lose At The Tribunals / 2023 Ogun Governorship Election Results From Polling Units / Chadian Soldiers Capture Boko Haram's Command Center

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.