Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,860 members, 7,862,827 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:29 AM

‘Monogamy Doesn’t Work, Every Man Should Have Multiple Women’ – Seun Kuti - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / ‘Monogamy Doesn’t Work, Every Man Should Have Multiple Women’ – Seun Kuti (20408 Views)

Nothing Affects A Man's Finances Like Sleeping With Multiple Women. / God Designed Men To Cheat, To Have Multiple Women & Not 1 Woman.. / 10 Guy Code Every Man Should Never Break (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘Monogamy Doesn’t Work, Every Man Should Have Multiple Women’ – Seun Kuti by SavageResponse(m): 8:31pm On May 24
Zubeezanga:
Small small everyone is seeing what yorubas are made of very unfaithful lots

I was expecting one idiot to bring tribalism here, I was not disappointed!

1 Like

Re: ‘Monogamy Doesn’t Work, Every Man Should Have Multiple Women’ – Seun Kuti by HellVictorinho6(m): 8:35pm On May 24
we shall see
Re: ‘Monogamy Doesn’t Work, Every Man Should Have Multiple Women’ – Seun Kuti by solid3(m): 8:45pm On May 24
Dangote, Otedola, Tony Elumelu are a joke to you.
Re: ‘Monogamy Doesn’t Work, Every Man Should Have Multiple Women’ – Seun Kuti by SavageResponse(m): 8:47pm On May 24
solid3:
Dangote, Otedola, Tony Elumelu are a joke to you.

None of these men you mentioned can claim not to have multiple girlfriends

3 Likes

Re: ‘Monogamy Doesn’t Work, Every Man Should Have Multiple Women’ – Seun Kuti by femi4: 9:01pm On May 24
seunayantokun:
The apple doesn't fall far from its tree.
He should take his own advice . He has one

Femi had one
Made has one
Re: ‘Monogamy Doesn’t Work, Every Man Should Have Multiple Women’ – Seun Kuti by Azazyel: 9:05pm On May 24
y3mi:
Most big / rich men prefer monogamy because it truly affords them the opportunities to misbehave as they so please when they see fit...

Before I proceed, polygamy as used in my opinion is within the scope of 'Polygam Responsibly'. So shelve whatever presumptuous thoughts you may have in your head.

Contrary to popular views, polygamy would make a man live long than these much touted nuclear family system called monogamy. I can make a table chart where both can be compared and contrasted side by side with their list of advantages and disadvantages.

Monogamy in that table only has just one advantage over polygamy, and it is a factor which I've been unable to resolve theoretically stating. However, polygamy check marks all others bearing more advantages than disadvantage.

One of the advantages is an assured peace of mind, one which has to do with the management stability that renders the life of the husband to last much longer than those trapped in the quisling and wilderness of monogamy.

Importantly, I've noticed that most of the reaction to that word is founded on false assumption, which in its own reality is prevalent in the society. The idea of been a 'loose cannon' is what fills up their thoughs at the mere mentioning of "polygamy". It is high time 'polygamy' should stopped been miscontrued as promiscuity.

They are in fact not the same. More precisely, polygamy will curb whatever tendency in a husband married to multiple to not live like a wild-dog, it will curb it, it will force him to become sexually and socially responsible. Why would he want to screw around when he's got nine beautiful ladies at home.

Monogamy on the other hand, do not only affords hypocrites the unhinibited opportunities to scale a fence, cheat, manipulate, even in spite of all the matrimonial vows made. It verily provides so much leeway for promiscuity in all forms of adulterous activities.

Polygamy is the marital commitment between a responsible and capable adult man with at least two sensible and matured wives.

Based on the reality of today's world, it is advised to ask your ori before going into polygamy, personally I will not recommend it if you're not capable. I repeat do not go into polygamy if you are not prepared to live a life of commitment to stark responsibilties. Otherwise you will suffer your wives.

Ensure you have capital to run it. It is not just by having lengthy and bulging member or been tall like dongo. Capital is the most important factor that trumps all in today's capitalistic and materialistic world.

Do not betray your wife by imposing yout right to bring in a second wife. That is not polygamy. That is abuse of contract which you sworn, and so you must leave with or at best, settle for divorce which I personally frown upon.

Polygamy is ensuring your would-be first wife knows what she is getting into from the onset. That's part of been responsible. Not after one lady has been with you through thick and thin, some even aborted since you weren't ready, and finally boom, you blew, then you saw reason to marry a second over her while citing ruse such as saggy boobs and wrinkles tummy. Oga you no normal.

Femininity has reserved curse that afflict men that does so, I'm not asking you to believe it or not. That curse go worry you.

And finally,
Most big / rich people prefer monogamy because it affords them the opportunities to misbehave as they so please when they see fit. With their wealth, they have the mechanism to ochestrate it without the spouse they are sworn to to knowing, polygamy gives you restrain.

Check out the excess population of young females luring about, who are their preferred targets 🎯 ? Married rich men trying their best to live a monogamous life, they argue that such married men are responsible to their wife, and so when he's budgeting, he adds their demand and expense to his budget.

It's so worse that these ladies do not want to settle with a moderate guy who is ready to settle but prefer to become the Nth baby-mama to a rich man, yawu boi or politician. These are the deep result of a society pretending to make monogamy work. All the hotels and brothels are patronized by monogamous spouse.

Why is it only Fela Kuti you see as to cite example, why not many successful polygamous white folks like Brigham Young who is the second president of Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Saint Date, marrying a total of fifty six wives. Their are many list of people out there who live a successful polygamous life, now even world celebrities are popularizing polyandry which is Life Version of it. Why in your shallow understanding made you conclude HIV/AIDS don't kill monogamous couple(s). There are individuals who have compromised themselves before settling with their innocent partner into a me-and-my-wife monogamy.

Polyandry is allowed for those who want to engage in whatever it technically means. But think deep about it. How is that viable. One woman responsibly married to multiple husbands. Well, let's imagine a capable and wealthy woman married multiple partners as husbands, so each one of them gets offsprings from her or how does this work. Polyandry/Adelphy sounds like formalized promiscuity to me.

Why is it only Fela Kuti you see as to cite example, why not many successful polygamous white folks like Brigham Young who is the second president of Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Saint Date, marrying a total of fifty six wives. Their are many list of people out there who live a successful polygamous life, now even world celebrities are popularizing polyandry which is Life Version of it. Why in your shallow understanding made you conclude HIV/AIDS don't kill monogamous couple(s). There are individuals who have compromised themselves before settling with their innocent partner into a me-and-my-wife monogamy.

Polyandry is allowed for those who want to engage in whatever it technically means. But think deep about it. How is that viable. One woman responsibly married to multiple husbands. Well, let's imagine a capable and wealthy woman married multiple partners as husbands, so each one of them gets offsprings from her or how does this work. Polyandry/Adelphy sounds like formalized promiscuity to me.

Can you make a list of them in short phrases.

Not ready because the perks and opportunities monogamy affords cheating monogams is not worth speaking the truth over. Polygamy is an herculean task, even as a rich and wealth husband, but that which has it rewards while making you gainfully responsible.

Can you make a study in your locality or area, to 📝note down the statistics of widows who are still within the age bracket of marital activities and extrapolate which category they fell into, is it monogamy or polygamy. Come back here and present it to us... Then, I can believe you, not the presumption you posted up there.

This topic was discussed here https://www.nairaland.com/8059332/men-really-happy-only-one#129398694

You're too much. You truly did research and it came out spot on. See all those people saying polygamy is bad are actually being deceived by foreign religion. Europeans and Americans don't believe in it. They believed in monogamy. However this is Africa and polygamy has always been part of our culture. Infact if you look at the same Bible, you'll see that most men there were polygamous. In monogamy, the man would eventually have to be begging his wife for knacks. Imagine the humiliation! Whereas in polygamy, they compete to have the man.

2 Likes

Re: ‘Monogamy Doesn’t Work, Every Man Should Have Multiple Women’ – Seun Kuti by Abbeytoy(m): 9:07pm On May 24
brain54:
And he has only one wife o...

One wife one problem... Multiple wives multiple problems.

Polygamy comes with too many problems!
No wife nko?
Re: ‘Monogamy Doesn’t Work, Every Man Should Have Multiple Women’ – Seun Kuti by Analyst7: 9:07pm On May 24
See how men are trying to justify their lack of self discipline

1 Like

Re: ‘Monogamy Doesn’t Work, Every Man Should Have Multiple Women’ – Seun Kuti by richie240: 9:08pm On May 24
Adam did not have more than one wife b4 that same single wife derailed his destiny o.

Agreed, one wife is better than many, but its on the condition that she has a good head on her shoilders, or else, sorry is ur case.
cool
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Polygamy is the fastest and quickest way to kill a man's dream.
Re: ‘Monogamy Doesn’t Work, Every Man Should Have Multiple Women’ – Seun Kuti by Houseontherock1: 9:08pm On May 24
Obierika:

That is the lie the whiteman told you!
It's practical reality sir...regardless of what the white man told the black people about polygyny...marriage to more than one woman is not the best. It's either the man suffers, or the women or the children,
Re: ‘Monogamy Doesn’t Work, Every Man Should Have Multiple Women’ – Seun Kuti by Flamemignon1(m): 9:10pm On May 24
Obierika:

In this modern times, it's no lie because the women we had yesterday aren't the women we have today
Re: ‘Monogamy Doesn’t Work, Every Man Should Have Multiple Women’ – Seun Kuti by Flamemignon1(m): 9:12pm On May 24
Kobicove:
In actual fact monogamy is not natural...but we're not ready for this conversation undecided
Hope you also have this energy for the other gender and not just men?
Re: ‘Monogamy Doesn’t Work, Every Man Should Have Multiple Women’ – Seun Kuti by cococandy(f): 9:20pm On May 24
What are you going to do with the rest of the young men who can’t get women because the other men have multiple women to themselves?

Castrate them?
Put them in monasteries?
Create unnecessary wars and Send them off to die in it like in the olden days?

1 Like

Re: ‘Monogamy Doesn’t Work, Every Man Should Have Multiple Women’ – Seun Kuti by Kingson28: 9:27pm On May 24
If you think you are wiser than God Who invented marriage and gave Adam only one wife Eve, no problem.
Your foolishness will bring you regrets throughout eternity in the Lake of Fire.

1 Like

Re: ‘Monogamy Doesn’t Work, Every Man Should Have Multiple Women’ – Seun Kuti by PlanetZero: 9:36pm On May 24
With all the problem affecting Nigeria now....u are suggesting polygamy. Something is wrong with your head
Re: ‘Monogamy Doesn’t Work, Every Man Should Have Multiple Women’ – Seun Kuti by PlanetZero: 9:37pm On May 24
Obierika:

I wish you all the luck in your polygamy quest
Re: ‘Monogamy Doesn’t Work, Every Man Should Have Multiple Women’ – Seun Kuti by fedorahat: 9:53pm On May 24
ZIAZI:
My grandfather had 3 wives and several concubines. He advised my father not to walk that path and my father in turn told me not to.

I am yet married but growing up, I wanted a polygamous home for myself. Today, I can it even think of it. How will the woman feel knowing that her man is about to bring 4 other ladies into the family as her co-wives? It's sad.

Do not let the glamour you see in today's polygamous marriages fool you. There's strife, bitterness, jealousy, insecurity, commotion, and whatnot. It can be perfectly concealed, but it's there. The wives jostle to get the man's attention.

If you support polygamy, then why shouldn't you support polyandry? Share your wife with other men.
grin

I don't have a problem with any woman sharing me with any man

So far it is not me funding it.

1 Like

Re: ‘Monogamy Doesn’t Work, Every Man Should Have Multiple Women’ – Seun Kuti by Thinktwicemybro: 10:00pm On May 24
Obierika:

How many wife do you have?
Re: ‘Monogamy Doesn’t Work, Every Man Should Have Multiple Women’ – Seun Kuti by noskcid(m): 10:15pm On May 24
Ozuo go marry as many wife you feel like to marry make you leave us
Re: ‘Monogamy Doesn’t Work, Every Man Should Have Multiple Women’ – Seun Kuti by RodgersAkpafu: 10:30pm On May 24
Obierika:

dealing with women is headache and problematic

1 Like

Re: ‘Monogamy Doesn’t Work, Every Man Should Have Multiple Women’ – Seun Kuti by MyAmericandream(f): 10:37pm On May 24
Futurecrown:
My grandfather had 42 wives and he was also a King. He spent 65years on the throne and no one has ever beat his record till now. If you think I am lying ask more questions and I am available to reply you. Enjoy your weekend.

I don’t think they all lived under the same roof. Are you sure you witnessed the 42 wives or a relative told you the a story?
Re: ‘Monogamy Doesn’t Work, Every Man Should Have Multiple Women’ – Seun Kuti by Vulcan24(m): 10:38pm On May 24
just4fun:
Of what use is listening to this guy ?

I don't take any of his opinion seriously. I'd rather listen to his Elder brother if he has something to say...

He's a compound fuul
Re: ‘Monogamy Doesn’t Work, Every Man Should Have Multiple Women’ – Seun Kuti by ComeToJesus: 10:51pm On May 24
No wonder he has lost bearing with music..
Too much sensuous pleasures depletes a man's storehouse of intellectual and creative energies..
Re: ‘Monogamy Doesn’t Work, Every Man Should Have Multiple Women’ – Seun Kuti by OChimex: 11:10pm On May 24
Obierika:

Are you married?

When you get married and especially if your wife is beautifu and endowed, sex becomes no big deal to you lf you are chasing big big dreams.
Sex is overrated. I don't know why people make it so much big deal.
Nothing beats a man coming back each day to a very cozy, beautiful home with electricity, taken a warm shower, and a glass of chilled wine beside you, peacefully scrolling through your phone or watching football highlights. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘Monogamy Doesn’t Work, Every Man Should Have Multiple Women’ – Seun Kuti by YemyTemmy: 11:32pm On May 24
ZionVents:
Don't marry more than one wife if you want to live long.

my neighbour has 4 wives, he just clocked 82 last month, the last wife is 43 yrs old, the man is still fresh and agile

2 Likes

Re: ‘Monogamy Doesn’t Work, Every Man Should Have Multiple Women’ – Seun Kuti by YemyTemmy: 11:33pm On May 24
jmoore:
When you are a community penis and you know how weak you are for not being able to control your penis, you will open mouth waaa to utter nonsense like Seun Kuti.

If you want polygamy, that's your choice. But it is stupidity to drag men that want monogamy into your community penis group.

Monogamy works, there are men that married once and never cheated on their wives.

What killed Fela? Aids! Aids from the drilling many holes up and down with community penis. So polygamy didn't stop Fela from cheating.

AIDS didnt kill fela, he was injected

1 Like

Re: ‘Monogamy Doesn’t Work, Every Man Should Have Multiple Women’ – Seun Kuti by 43Ronin: 11:39pm On May 24
They will always speak from both sides of their mouth. Always fraudulent & never straightforward. I tire for this people
Re: ‘Monogamy Doesn’t Work, Every Man Should Have Multiple Women’ – Seun Kuti by Franking: 12:13am On May 25
Loose cannon....always capping...
Re: ‘Monogamy Doesn’t Work, Every Man Should Have Multiple Women’ – Seun Kuti by Forkthiefnubu: 1:21am On May 25
See this one , how u want take care of your wives ? You play no good music and have no business acumen , I saw that you coming to Chicago to play this summer and it is for free , osho free no body paying money to see u , small chidinma collect 60$ to see her play
Re: ‘Monogamy Doesn’t Work, Every Man Should Have Multiple Women’ – Seun Kuti by Maxcollins042(m): 1:39am On May 25
Kobicove:
In actual fact monogamy is not natural...but we're not ready for this conversation undecided

We're not ready for your solipsistic theory
Re: ‘Monogamy Doesn’t Work, Every Man Should Have Multiple Women’ – Seun Kuti by Fortruth: 3:29am On May 25
SavageResponse:

I was expecting one idiot to bring tribalism here, I was not disappointed!

But him no lie...

Anyway anyone can be like that truly...

But him no lie at all
Re: ‘Monogamy Doesn’t Work, Every Man Should Have Multiple Women’ – Seun Kuti by otherway: 3:33am On May 25
brain54:
And he has only one wife o...

One wife one problem... Multiple wives multiple problems.

Polygamy comes with too many problems!

Polygamy is not for everyone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Have You Dated A Girl/Guy Who Doesn't FORGIVE? / Big Boy Dips Hand Into Girl's Panties Publicly...her Response Will Embarrass You / What Do Guys Admire In A Lady?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.