Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,996 members, 7,863,587 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 08:49 PM

Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience (17268 Views)

How Long Is The Ideal Maximum Period To Use A Smart Phone Before Replacing It? / How Can I Track A Stolen Phone.. HELP!! / How To Disable A Stolen Android Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by warlordd(m): 3:27pm On May 26
What if the phone is not in use..I mean if the phone is permanently switched off?

1 Like

Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by nedekid: 3:31pm On May 26
Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by Kobicove(m): 3:42pm On May 26
Redomi:
I'll update you when he is finally picked up

I hope you won't end up spending more than the value of the phone on tracking costs alone undecided
Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by Kencyl: 3:57pm On May 26
I’m a serving policeman in Osun state command and I can boldly tell you tracking really exist because I’ve done it several time even interstate . I do phone IMEI tracking,phone number tracking and IMEI retrieval in case you lost the particulars of ur stolen phone but I’ll never request for payment till your tracking analysis is ready. If you are in good hands,you can pay for the tracking ones ur phone is located and also mobilization then all your expenses will be recovered for you from the suspect(s) if u want to settle amicably or suspect will be charged to court

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by Innobee99(m): 3:57pm On May 26
Mine was a different experience. My brother's Infinix Note 11 was stolen then. Someone introduced me to a Civil officer who helped her recover her friend's phone. I was happy I found solution. He billed us 15k which we paid immediately.
I was in contact with the man via WhatsApp from time to time to monitor the progress. Until one certain time he told me he was seriously sick and was in the hospital. I thought I had fallen into the hands of scammers.
At a point, I didn't hear from him again. His line switched off, WhatsApp wasn't active.
Until we heard he later died. I prayed for his soul. The money wasn't my concern any longer but the painful death. God forgive and accept his soul

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by Ajoself(m): 3:58pm On May 26
juwoonn:
Sometimes around 2013.
It happened in church. A choir member was charging his phone and we couldn't find it again after service.

We dialled the number and it was ringing but they wouldn't pick. After sometimes, dialled again and it was on another call...so I got the details of the owner and called mtn customer service. I explained everything to them and requested for the Id of the person/number the lost phone/line was speaking with at the time it was on another call...she was nice to provide a name and a location but wasn't able to help with the audio of what they were saying. I followed up with the person he was calling and we got him by tricking him. So he led us to the guy who stole the phone from the church and it was recovered. No police was involved; only I and the owner of the phone.
Did you supply your IMEI details? What information of your phone did you disclose to the customer care? Or was the person using your SIM?
Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by Kencyl: 4:04pm On May 26
warlordd:
What if the phone is not in use..I mean if the phone is permanently switched off?
That is why you don’t pay until your phone is located. A reasonable policeman will not accept payment unless your phone is located
Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by Mandesz(m): 4:13pm On May 26
Redomi:
I'll update you when he is finally picked up
O boy, if u have the money pay because u get the refund.
It's even better when it involves lot of people i.e the thief already sold it and the buyers sold it also.

1 Like

Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by Mandesz(m): 4:16pm On May 26
dominique:

A lot has changed since then. Nowadays, the police will keep billing you till you give up and forget about the phone
a big lie. If u bought such a phone you're not safe.

1 Like

Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by Mandesz(m): 4:19pm On May 26
tiswell:
Scam,the chances of tracking a lost device in naija na 80/20
The day u got picked for a secondhand phone, you'll learn lesson.

1 Like

Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by juwoonn(m): 4:25pm On May 26
Ajoself:

Did you supply your IMEI details? What information of your phone did you disclose to the customer care? Or was the person using your SIM?
He used the SIM briefly
Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by ucbenjamin696: 4:26pm On May 26
Unless if your name is "EMMA POWERFUL" if not police self go wan scam & rip you...,imagine paying 100,000 to track a camon20 phone last month ND extra #40,000k for mobilization fee...,But imagine Alhaji just call dpo (0k*koma**ko ) gave him details via phone call & after like month,dem call Baba to cum station cum gba him phone,Baba jus TF 30k give Dpo for fuel...ALL NAW LEVELS
Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by gr8cany: 4:26pm On May 26
I lost my phone sometime ago in 2022. Several calls and appeal messages I made to the picker and promises of heavy appreciation due to important documents in the phone were rebuffed. I Reported to the police and they asked for 20k to track it. I paid and it was tracked. Police asked for 50k for mobilisation to arrest the picker but I got skeptical maybe police will open 'oil drill' in my head, i therefore asked that they give me the number and location of the phone user, police obliged. I called the user, she bounced the call after noticing it was phone owner that called, I repeated the call in both second line and threatened going to the last extent of dealing with her if she don't return the phone. Finally she noticed my seriousness and offered to drop it somewhere, and notified me to go and pick the phone. I did and that was all.

I actually would have go extra mile of dealing with her in all mights available if she didn't have complied. This all happened like this because, I lost the phone and not theft or stolen scenario.
She was going to be heavily rewarded if she had chosen to return the phone when I was appealing for it.

I encourage you to follow up with the police and fish them out

3 Likes

Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by Mrexcell(m): 4:32pm On May 26
Enskynelson:
In 2016, my counsin's wife lost her phone when she came home for a wedding. They didn't have much time so they went back to base in Abuja leaving me to follow up with the tracker (not police) who was at Abuja. The tracker communicated with me and told me what to do. When he successfully tracked the phone, he told me to go to the nearest police station and make a report which I did. I was assigned an officer and the number of the person with the phone. The tracker kept calling a guy whom the guy with the stolen phone used the stolen phone to call. He called the guy to meet him for business at a certain location where I and the police officer were waiting. Lo, the guy came. We explained to him and he took us to the guy who was with the stolen phone and surprisingly, the guy was with the Camon phone.
Police arrested the guy ... The guy said he bought the phone for about 10k from a man. We picked the man too.
They were made to pay for all the expenses of the tracking and I am sure police milked them too before letting them go.

My advice is that you guys should thread carefully to be sure the police are not trying to make money from you. But if the thief is caught, he should be made to pay for all the expenses as well as the gadgets stolen from your compound.

Nice one this is exactly how it should be.
Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by Charlie2020(f): 4:34pm On May 26
Please any one with Idea of where I can get original Xiaomi Poco F3 battery?
Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by Mrexcell(m): 4:38pm On May 26
Henrypraise:
My younger bro bought a phone and left it to charge in church, after closing, he couldn't find the phone, dude saved almost a life time to get that phone and he was very emotional about it. He had just lost his previous phone to pick pockets and he bought this one barely a month interval.

My sister stood in and went to DPO calabar at ebrumede division, they told her to pay about 40k for tracking, which she did. The worth of the phone then was about 50k (so it was a gamble for us). She went with receipt of purchase, the phone pack and identity cards.

It took almost 2 months when they called her to the station, they didn't show her anything, just gave her a new phone of same specifications and refunded the 40k back to her. She dashed the police people 10k and came home with the new phone.

They didn't disclose to her any other information... When she asked to see the thief, they asked if that's what she wanted or she wanted back the phone...

But another police officer informed her personally that the person who was arrested with the phone bought it from a shop and he took them to the shop, the shop owner could not identify who he bought the phone from, so he had to pay for everything and refunded money to everyone and also bail himself...

Phone sellers have been told that before buying second handed phones, they should record faces and collect i.ds of sellers, else they will be the ones to answer once issues arise.

Meanwhile, I think the rise in decluttering business is increasing criminality in Nigeria especially asaba, thieves go into houses to pack properties so they can render to declutters.

The govt have to find a way to regulate this surge. I like the idea of decluttering but it's giving criminals easy channel to sell stolen properties unchecked.

So nigerian police still returns money in this very corrupt naira?

1 Like

Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by HellVictorinho6(m): 4:40pm On May 26
Couldnt track or recover any of all the phones av lost including 2 androids ,with their chargers and the sims inside them.
Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by DJInfluence: 4:53pm On May 26
Nigeria police eh .. charging citizens to do the job they were employed in the first place to do and for which they collect monthly salaries and pensions when they retire.
What a country.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by seunlayi(m): 5:04pm On May 26
Kencyl:
I’m a serving policeman in Osun state command and I can boldly tell you tracking really exist because I’ve done it several time even interstate . I do phone IMEI tracking,phone number tracking and IMEI retrieval in case you lost the particulars of ur stolen phone but I’ll never request for payment till your tracking analysis is ready. If you are in good hands,you can pay for the tracking ones ur phone is located and also mobilization then all your expenses will be recovered for you from the suspect(s) if u want to settle amicably or suspect will be charged to court
can you help recover phones stolen exactly a year ago
Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by chatinent: 5:24pm On May 26
Well, I dey track phone sha.
Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by Nwanna2588: 5:35pm On May 26
A friend of mine got scammed recently. How? Someone pretending to be from his bank called him. Since it was his own bank, he trusted the caller, not realizing it was a scam. He gave away his account details from his ATM, thinking he was helping his bank. But in reality, the scammer used this information to withdraw money from his account. It turns out the scammer used Carbon, a loan app, which suggests the fraudster has an account with Carbon. Now, I'm wondering if there's a way to recover the money through Carbon, since the scammer used it. Any idea on how to recover the money?
Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by laivwire(m): 5:41pm On May 26
Someone once tracked a stolen phone on his own immediately it was stolen using "find my phone" and got the location. On getting there, it was a compound full of unruly elements. He refused to go in grin.

By the time he went to file report and try to get police, he used the track feature again and the phone was hundreds of kilometers away by then.

No one told him to give up and go buy another phone jeje.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by yahmohy27: 6:05pm On May 26
Enskynelson:
In 2016, my counsin's wife lost her phone when she came home for a wedding. They didn't have much time so they went back to base in Abuja leaving me to follow up with the tracker (not police) who was at Abuja. The tracker communicated with me and told me what to do. When he successfully tracked the phone, he told me to go to the nearest police station and make a report which I did. I was assigned an officer and the number of the person with the phone. The tracker kept calling a guy whom the guy with the stolen phone used the stolen phone to call. He called the guy to meet him for business at a certain location where I and the police officer were waiting. Lo, the guy came. We explained to him and he took us to the guy who was with the stolen phone and surprisingly, the guy was with the Camon phone.
Police arrested the guy ... The guy said he bought the phone for about 10k from a man. We picked the man too.
They were made to pay for all the expenses of the tracking and I am sure police milked them too before letting them go.

My advice is that you guys should thread carefully to be sure the police are not trying to make money from you. But if the thief is caught, he should be made to pay for all the expenses as well as the gadgets stolen from your compound.

I experienced the same senator in lekki here.It is the phone using to type now
Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by Maryam070682557(f): 6:15pm On May 26
Redomi:
you are a novice in phone tracking

Please Incase you have any idea I'm interested

My phone was stolen about 2 months ago with about 800k withdrawn from my account

We paid for tracking till date no results

I'm willing to go for another tracking if it will yield results

1 Like

Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by ChiefOkoye(m): 6:32pm On May 26
Being a tracker i will use this media to educate your ignorant minds,phone or number tracking is only done by three agencies in Nigeria. Those agencies are authorized by NCC to do that...no individual has power to track phone or phone number. Those parading themselves as trackers work hand in hand with officials tracking for any of the three agencies. The 3 agencies are
1, The Police
2, The Dss
3, Efcc
Any government agencies or individuals that wish to do so must liaise with these agencies. The problem of tracking phones these days are; when technology is invented to fight crimes...Criminals are restless, they must surely invent counter advice. Phones like Tecno,Infinix,Itel are all inferior phones and are not trackable when lost because criminals use computer software to change the imei number of those phones making it impossible to track. That is why we always advocate you go for quality globally recognized phones like Samsung, OPPO, Xamio, Oneplus, Nokia, HTC, Asus, Google, etc those brands have a world class software that can't allow anyone temper with the imei. So don't blame police if you pay for them to track your inferior phones,they might not get it if it got to the hands of real phone criminals. I always give clients 10% chances of getting their lost inferior phones but if its superior phones,i give you 100% even if it takes the criminals 5years of cooling the phone (according to them) we must get them.
That's it....

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by Reality2023: 7:00pm On May 26
The police can track it. I know somebody that got her phone and thr thief was made to pay all the costs.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by tiswell(m): 7:20pm On May 26
Mandesz:

The day u got picked for a secondhand phone, you'll learn lesson.
rest
Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by Foodqueen(f): 7:37pm On May 26
warlordd:

What if the phone has no tracker and it is switched off completely?

When Nigerian police decides to work, nothing can stop them.

4 Likes

Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by fullclub: 8:08pm On May 26
post=130150086
I have successfully tracked a phone with the help of police. They came in pick the phone through the window. After 2 weeks police called and gave me the phone..

But they showd me a woman and and said the boyfriend ran away. But my mind told me they arrested the guy and kept him away to milk him.

Money spent was 30k 4 years back

1 Like

Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by netmillionaires(m): 8:20pm On May 26
Are people that their phone was tracking them also eligible to comment?

grin grin grin
Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by ontolegit(m): 8:22pm On May 26
Let me get to meet you,brother.
Kencyl:
Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by Rufai1314(m): 8:33pm On May 26
Big scam and wasting of time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

GLO Increases Their Internet Data Bundle Allowance / My Bitter Experience With A Phone Buyer In Enugu / Make Free Internet Calls To Any Country + Within Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.