Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,970 members, 7,863,452 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:59 PM

Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience (17264 Views)

How Long Is The Ideal Maximum Period To Use A Smart Phone Before Replacing It? / How Can I Track A Stolen Phone.. HELP!! / How To Disable A Stolen Android Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by pragmatistm(m): 9:32pm On May 26
davis51:
no worry urself u go spend money tired u no go see dats phone
You don't know anything about phone tracking. Just make sure you don't buy a stollen phone which the owner is ready to track. Else, you will be arrested sooner or later.
Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by Redomi(m): 11:24pm On May 26
Maryam070682557:

Please Incase you have any idea I'm interested

My phone was stolen about 2 months ago with about 800k withdrawn from my account

We paid for tracking till date no results

I'm willing to go for another tracking if it will yield results
Chat me up on Whatsapp through the number on my signature
Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by Redomi(m): 11:25pm On May 26
Mandesz:

O boy, if u have the money pay because u get the refund.
It's even better when it involves lot of people i.e the thief already sold it and the buyers sold it also.
I already got the contact of the new user and his address, going to pick him up tomorrow

2 Likes

Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by Redomi(m): 11:26pm On May 26
Kobicove:

I hope you won't end up spending more than the value of the phone on tracking costs alone undecided
30k for tracking, 30k for transport and 35k for feeding other expenses
Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by Redomi(m): 11:27pm On May 26
chukwuoke:

Oga or madam police done chop me 19k, 2k for file opening 17k for tracking until now I never see phone or the thief. Make una cruise well ooo
maybe you tracked through the wrong police. We have already gotten the new user of the phone details
Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by Redomi(m): 11:28pm On May 26
jmoore:

You are novice here. Police is doing to you what the phone thief did.

You have already lost 100k to the police.
I'll quote you again tomorrow
Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by Redomi(m): 11:29pm On May 26
KillahPriest:
track and deal with those bloody criminals, the police will make sure they pay for every expenses you made. No gree for anybody o
Thank you sir, going to pick up the new user of the phone tomorrow
Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by Redomi(m): 11:30pm On May 26
CJStarz:

Were the phones eventually tracked and retrieved?
Already tracked, every details gotten, but we need to use one of the new user contact to get him, we are going to pick him up tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by Gips: 11:41pm On May 26
Redomi:
3 weeks ago (3/5/2023) thief climb the fence of our house and jump into our compound, cut the window netting of each apartment and takes away 4 phones including my Oraimo 27,000mah power bank.
The next day we report the case at the police station, the police asked us to pay 30k for tracking of one of the phone (oppo A55) we paid immediately.
Today the police called that they have gotten a target, someone using the phone in a nearby town, just 35km to where we stay.
The police still charged us another 65k which is for mobilization and other things.
Please share your experience let's learn.

Pls Bro... If you can help me track my phone too... its stolen since January this year (Iphone 13pro Max). We don spend over #130k on tracking the phone, but up till today nothing is coming out... They keep giving us story everyday by day... Call me Pls: 08145322835
Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by Mckandre(m): 11:42pm On May 26
What if the phone is locked with password and the thief tries flashing but unable to unlock it then decided to switch it off, can the phone still be tracked on this scenario?
Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by Redomi(m): 11:43pm On May 26
Kencyl:
I’m a serving policeman in Osun state command and I can boldly tell you tracking really exist because I’ve done it several time even interstate . I do phone IMEI tracking,phone number tracking and IMEI retrieval in case you lost the particulars of ur stolen phone but I’ll never request for payment till your tracking analysis is ready. If you are in good hands,you can pay for the tracking ones ur phone is located and also mobilization then all your expenses will be recovered for you from the suspect(s) if u want to settle amicably or suspect will be charged to court
Your contact please
Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by AmDayo: 11:48pm On May 26
Enskynelson:
In 2016, my counsin's wife lost her phone when she came home for a wedding. They didn't have much time so they went back to base in Abuja leaving me to follow up with the tracker (not police) who was at Abuja. The tracker communicated with me and told me what to do. When he successfully tracked the phone, he told me to go to the nearest police station and make a report which I did. I was assigned an officer and the number of the person with the phone. The tracker kept calling a guy whom the guy with the stolen phone used the stolen phone to call. He called the guy to meet him for business at a certain location where I and the police officer were waiting. Lo, the guy came. We explained to him and he took us to the guy who was with the stolen phone and surprisingly, the guy was with the Camon phone.
Police arrested the guy ... The guy said he bought the phone for about 10k from a man. We picked the man too.
They were made to pay for all the expenses of the tracking and I am sure police milked them too before letting them go.

My advice is that you guys should thread carefully to be sure the police are not trying to make money from you. But if the thief is caught, he should be made to pay for all the expenses as well as the gadgets stolen from your compound.

Please i need the tracker number. Thank you sir
Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by Redomi(m): 11:54pm On May 26
Gips:

Pls Bro... If you can help me track my phone too... its stolen since January this year (Iphone 13pro Max). We don spend over #130k on tracking the phone, but up till today nothing is coming out... They keep giving us story everyday by day... Call me Pls: 08145322835
I have dropped you a message on Whatsapp
Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by whizoooo: 11:57pm On May 26
OilandGasMarket:
I have chess for sale. Let me know if you are interested
picture
Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by Farmer2: 12:38am On May 27
OilandGasMarket:
I have chess for sale. Let me know if you are inte9rested
How.much
Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by OilandGasMarket: 4:29am On May 27
whizoooo:
picture
09161131749 (WhatsApp only)
Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by OilandGasMarket: 4:29am On May 27
Farmer2:

How.much
Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by VeryDarkMan01(m): 4:48am On May 27
Kencyl:
I’m a serving policeman in Osun state command and I can boldly tell you tracking really exist because I’ve done it several time even interstate . I do phone IMEI tracking,phone number tracking and IMEI retrieval in case you lost the particulars of ur stolen phone but I’ll never request for payment till your tracking analysis is ready. If you are in good hands,you can pay for the tracking ones ur phone is located and also mobilization then all your expenses will be recovered for you from the suspect(s) if u want to settle amicably or suspect will be charged to court

Oga sir drop your contact so we can reach you
We need you to track phones
Thank you
Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:43am On May 27
Depends on the value of your phone.

I have personally written down the IMEI of my gadgets as the 3 of them would buy a good used corolla .

I hope they never get stolen. But if they do ₦500,000k for tracking will not be a problem .
Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by XXLDICK(m): 5:47am On May 27
Charlie2020:
Please any one with Idea of where I can get original Xiaomi Poco F3 battery?
AliExpress

1 Like

Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by Kelvin30286063(m): 8:01am On May 27
FuckYeyeMods:
In 2008, thieves climbed over our main gate, open it from inside and made away with 2 bikes (mine inclusive). I went to police headquarters to make report. They directed me to their radio House in the same Headquarters.
The woman police on seat said I have to pay 11k for solar to radio 73 divisions. I looked at her with confidence and anger then replied her...
My bike is stolen....
I will 11k for solar...
I pointed at the arrays of solar panel and told her, I'm a final year student of Engineering. Also a student of Alternative Sources of Energy which at that time is one of my best course.
I told her that I know exactly how solar technology works. Why would she ask me 11k for service that can be free.
I left the office and about exiting the gate when I heard someone shouting trying to get my attention, I turned back and she waved me to comeback. She collected the bikes details and in my presence, she made the announcement to 73 divisions. I thanked her and left.
The bikes was never found.
Interesting. You should have known before you left that the bikes would never be found.
Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by Kelvin30286063(m): 8:17am On May 27
2020, I bought the new Samsung S20 Ultra, the phone was so good that I was almost worshipping it. Display was amazing, smooth and everything. I didn't know there's more to that phone until I lost it. I went to one of the drug stores at shoprite and forgot it there. That was my mistake but the store attendant should have demanded a compensation and give me my phone which I would have gladly paid and even thank him. Instead he turned it off and tried to play me.
But the thing with Samsung is, you can easily track it even when it's off. Especially if you take the time to set up your Find My Device settings.
I decided to leave the guy alone but I couldn't afford to drag the matter for too long cos at the end of that month (March 29), Buhari decided to start lock down. Luckily they only locked down major cities so Ondo state was not included yet so I used my wife's phone to track mine (we use the same type of phones)
Lo and behold, I found my phone, called a few thugs in my street (Thank God I have been giving them money whenever I drive by so it was easy to ask for their assistance)
We went to the guy's house with the help of the tracking map and we met him at home, he started denying and claiming I'm intimidating him even after telling me he didn't see my phone. I told him we want to search his house, he said no, he started calling his neighbors and a few people gathered. Then under the tracking location, I saw "Ring"
It came to me that I can make the phone ring where ever it is. I didn't know it will work especially since I believe the phone is turned off but I clicked it anyway and just like that, I started hearing samsung default ring tone loud and clear in the room. He was trying to talk over it so we won't hear the sound but ofcourse it didn't work.
After we found the phone inside one of his bags, the boys that came with me gave him a few dirty slaps and some punches. I told them to leave him alone and we left. I gave the 3 of them 15k and that was the end of it. I later went to shoprite to report to the management and they invited him, when he saw me, he started begging but that didn't save him. I think he was fired cos I haven't seen him at the drug store, yes I still go to the drug store 😂

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by MaziObinnaokija: 8:22am On May 27
cool dnt meet him.Let him track the phone first,,tell u the exact location, mobilize police,retrieve your phone and pay him.If u pay him,without tracking uour phone/recovery, OYO is your case.There's one THIEF like that here,.Maybe he's the same guy,i can't say but DNT GIVE YOUR MONEY TO ANYBODY, U HEAR angry sad angry
ontolegit:
Let me get to meet you,brother.

1 Like

Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by Kelvin30286063(m): 8:25am On May 27
GAZZUZZ:
Depends on the value of your phone.

I have personally written down the IMEI of my gadgets as the 3 of them would buy a good used corolla .

I hope they never get stolen. But if they do ₦500,000k for tracking will not be a problem .

If or When they get stolen, contact me and I'll track them for free. You na boss 😉
Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:27am On May 27
Kelvin30286063:

If or When they get stolen, contact me and I'll track them for free. You na boss 😉

Thanks
Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by BarrElChapo(m): 8:37am On May 27
Kelvin30286063:

Boss I don follow you o, Incase of incasity 😄
Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by Rodinat: 8:42am On May 27
Police will help you collect all your money from the thief if they eventually track him.
Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by mhychophelha1(m): 9:44am On May 27
dominique:

A lot has changed since then. Nowadays, the police will keep billing you till you give up and forget about the phone
Aje grin
Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by chiforall: 10:20am On May 27
Kencyl:
Please I will like to track my oppo phone that was stolen on 11th of this month
Please, your contact is needed .. thanks
Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by BluntCrazeMan: 11:03am On May 27
Once your phone is stolen,, forget it.

That's what I learnt from my own personal experience.
Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by BluntCrazeMan: 11:06am On May 27
Redomi:
3 weeks ago (3/5/2023) thief climb the fence of our house and jump into our compound, cut the window netting of each apartment and takes away 4 phones including my Oraimo 27,000mah power bank.
The next day we report the case at the police station, the police asked us to pay 30k for tracking of one of the phone (oppo A55) we paid immediately.
Today the police called that they have gotten a target, someone using the phone in a nearby town, just 35km to where we stay.
The police still charged us another 65k which is for mobilization and other things.

Please share your experience let's learn.

You have not gotten the phone yet,, right??
They just saw a “soft-target”.
They will still not arrest the person who sold the stolen phone to the soft-target, neither will they find and arrest the main thief who did the actual stealing.
Re: Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience by BluntCrazeMan: 11:08am On May 27
dominique:

A lot has changed since then. Nowadays, the police will keep billing you till you give up and forget about the phone
You know what's up..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

GLO Increases Their Internet Data Bundle Allowance / My Bitter Experience With A Phone Buyer In Enugu / Make Free Internet Calls To Any Country + Within Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.